Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

NEW: At the end of today’s hearing, Barry Morphew’s defense attorneys told the court they have filed for the dismissal of the murder case, saying prosecutors have mismanaged case

“We really think the court should take severe sanctions, including dismissal,” Morphew’s lawyer said

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1496989440367075328?s=21
LOL
I am thinking Barry's harem are getting a wee scared that they are going to lose !!!
We all know they just want that "W" on documented paper that they Won this case.
I think they realize that they will NOT win and throwing whatever they can out there to get it dismissed.
BM needs to pay for what he did to Suzanne !!

LOL
I am thinking Barry's harem are getting a wee scared that they are going to lose !!!
We all know they just want that "W" on documented paper that they Won this case.
I think they realize that they will NOT win and throwing whatever they can out there to get it dismissed.
BM needs to pay for what he did to Suzanne !!
This just plays well in the press, which I really think is their goal.

They want to mitigate all of the negative coverage by planting this idea that their poor client is being persecuted.

Norm Pattis did the same thing.

What ?

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1497043120726642688?s=21
BarryMorphew defense talked a lot about concerns they have of improper use of witnesses by the prosecution.

The judge ruled any profiling or victimology will be excluded at trial. The prosecution can use a witness as an observation witness as well as an expert.
This makes sense.

Grusing won't be allowed to get into Barry's psychology, or explain why Suzanne's victimology made her a likely victim of him, and not some random abductor.

page 24:

Barry told SA Grusing that he thought Suzanne was abducted by someone. SA Grusing explained that the last similar violent act that occurred in the Salida area happened in 1980. Barry was informed of the time of day Suzanne was riding, the low-traffic area, her minimal exposure in the community and other low-risk factors and stabilizers in her life. SA Grusing told Barry this looked like an "intimate partner homicide" and Barry did not object.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1497046178080374784?s=21

#BarryMorphew next hearing is March 4. Seven LE officers have been subpoenaed for that day. The credibility of a former CBI agent who worked on the #SuzanneMorphew case will likely be discussed.

The Fremont Co. Court will send out 1,000 jury summons. The trial begins on April 28

On Saturday afternoon her footprint ceased the moment Barry arrived home. Strangely (or not at all), his phone goes into airplane mode during this time.

Her phone powered down just as he was leaving the house.

His phone and truck activity put him in the driveway an hour before he claimed to have woken up.

You don't see the window here?
Are you asking me? I can understand what prosecution is basing their case on. I am wondering how they will tweak their case since the preliminary. I am someone that believes there are weaknesses in their case primarily hearsay and reliance on testimony that might be classified as characterization so not admissible. I think the defense strategy is to get as much of that ruled inadmissible which weakens the circumstantial theories prosecution based their case on at the beginning. One prosecution motion that I think exists is to get the alternate suspect dna judged admissible. I have said it before…these motions which we no longer have much visibility into will shape the case in my opinion. For me, to anticipate one side you have to anticipate the other side.

Your honor, the vending machine downstairs ate my dollar. We move to have the charges against our client dismissed.

It'd be laughable if it weren't just so predictable.

As for the data from Suzanne's RR, they would love to have everyone, anyone believe that data is going to blow the case open, exonerate their cLIEnt.

Which it won't.

If anything, it'll sink him when it shows an open and close of a rear door, in perfect sync with Barry's busy cellphone.

But for now, the hurrinado will blow hard.

There is only one question for the jury, really.

If Suzanne was abducted, mauled, water-gotten, why'd Barry lie about working all day, with workers present?

Oh, Barry.

JMO

BBM, I snorted.

How do we know it wasn't the vending machine that was looking at *advertiser censored* on Barry's Apple account?

What ?

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1497043120726642688?s=21
BarryMorphew defense talked a lot about concerns they have of improper use of witnesses by the prosecution.

The judge ruled any profiling or victimology will be excluded at trial. The prosecution can use a witness as an observation witness as well as an expert.

Has the defense read the AA? Have they watched/listened to Barry's interviews? Nothing they've managed to get disallowed so far has any impact on the State's case. Barry's own words and actions got him where he is.

Very little of the victimology even made it into the AA to begin with. Another meaningless 'victory' for the defense.

It's all about the clickbait.

Oh wow, this is just right around the corner.
But still not soon enough.

Buckle up, Barry!
Barry refuses to buckle up because the laws don’t apply to him. He better be prepared to slam straight through the windshield this time. IMO maybe enough first responders will have his back but he’s slighted them too so who kmows? IMO

Morphew Murder Trial Motions Hearing Continues, Judge Orders Potential Testimony of Domestic Abuse Excluded - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

"Hearsay is presumptively inadmissible in court; it can’t be talked about until or unless the court makes it admissible.” But in this case, the declarant (the person who spoke) is missing and unavailable for trial,” said Prosecuting Attorney Edwards, defending the plethora of email and text messages from Suzanne Morphew. “Our burden is to provide [the court] with discovery … they want the prosecution to prepare the case for them.”

Eytan pressed her case, citing the thousands of pages of documents and the time needed to get through them, saying they couldn’t prepare a defense if they didn’t know what evidence from the discovery they had been given would be used."

"Defense Attorney Edwards added that defense attorneys were not entitled to know their trial strategy; “they aren’t entitled to know how we’re going to try the case.”

"A long list of motions remained at the end of a full day of motions hearing: among the most important D-25 and D-33, both related to the extensive evidence files, including more than 40 hours of defendant interviews going back to May, 2020."

"Among next steps:
The discovery defense supplement is due March 4 and a final Motions hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. March 4."

"A notice of those who will be called to testify is due March 25, 2022

A request was made by the defense to extend the trial days and the court set the trial to run from May 2 through June 3, 2022"

Has the defense read the AA? Have they watched/listened to Barry's interviews? Nothing they've managed to get disallowed so far has any impact on the State's case. Barry's own words and actions got him where he is.

Very little of the victimology even made it into the AA to begin with. Another meaningless 'victory' for the defense.

It's all about the clickbait.
BBM
Yep!!!

wtf? Pardon my English? What is going on here?
Messed up, right?
So, if they didn't see him actually murder Suzanne or they're not an expert they're out? Yeah, I'm exaggerating but hey, why didn't he just grant them a dismissal?
We'll see. There's still that little matter of a JURY. I'm sure E&I are going to rule out most jurors. You know, the ones who seem to be, um, what's the word... normal? Above average? I'd better stop there.

Before just now reading tweet below, I only recalled there was an "accidental discharge" at Cahill's home and did not realize he himself had been injured.

Firearm wound to hand. Yikes, some of those injuries test the best of hand surgeons. Hoping it was not that serious tho. Thank goodness no one else was injured (presumably not). my2ct.

"The credibility of one CBI investigator in the case has come into question Agent Joseph Cahill accidently shot himself in the hand and then lied about it. He later resigned..." bbm
^ https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1496989440367075328?s=21

Before just now reading tweet below, I only recalled there was an "accidental discharge" at Cahill's home and did not realize he himself had been injured.

Firearm wound to hand. Yikes, some of those injuries test the best of hand surgeons. Hoping it was not that serious tho. Thank goodness no one else was injured (presumably not). my2ct.

"The credibility of one CBI investigator in the case has come into question Agent Joseph Cahill accidently shot himself in the hand and then lied about it. He later resigned..." bbm
^ https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1496989440367075328?s=21
I admit it's very curious why he lied about whatever really happened there. More fodder for E&I to exploit, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice