Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which things are “ in between “ true and false to BM’s sister.

Barry Morphew Was 'Frantic' When Wife Suzanne Vanished, His Sister Tells Dateline NBC

MacLachlan also opened up about how Barry has felt in response to allegations that he had something to do with his wife's disappearance and death.

"Incredulous," she tells Morrison in another exclusive clip below. "That's the best word I can think of. It's incredulous, what has happened. This is not him."

She continues, "I often describe, when somebody tells me something they hear on social media, there are some things out there that are true. There are some things out there that are completely false. And there are things that are somewhere in between. But the things that are in between and false have been so hurtful."
Aw their feelings are hurt? Isn’t that just too damn bad. Suzanne is dead. That’s beyond hurt.

I figure this whole show will be a hit on Suzanne. I love Keith Morrison but only Barry’s family and someone associated with the Defense will give them information. I don’t think the prosecution or LE is talking now. He will be shown as the good ole church guy.
Nauseating, isn’t it?

Oh my.
Reporter LS just retweeted this Dateline tweet. It’s the 3rd one she’s retweeted in the past 2 days ( without comment).
Starting to wonder if they interviewed her for this.
Maybe not. May just be her wanting to support SM’s family and keep the story out there. JMO

I think those of us who have followed all the details of this case know that this is just a one hour program, not a full length documentary. I just hope it’s fair and balanced to both sides. Im Probably going to get irked at what they DON’T bring up nonetheless. Lol.

https://twitter.com/datelinenbc/status/1497356988317057030?s=21
Suzanne loved riding her bike in the wilderness. But then one day, she didn’t come home… @Dateline_Keith will tell you more tonight on an all-new #Dateline at 10/9c.

It is interesting, but the reality is that you can be a really awful nasty back stabbing coworker or philanderer, a person who embellishes and lies or a dozen other things that are distasteful and not be a murderer. We don't have to "like" Barry at all, jurors don't have to "like" him. The trial is about did he murder his wife...simply thinking he might have because he's an awful person isn't enough. Suzanne doesn't deserve to be murdered either no matter what kind of person she is, but on the other hand the state has an obligation to do the investigation, gather enough evidence admissible at trial, take their case before a judge and jury and put the correct person behind bars....which is going to happen within a very short amount of time if things continue as they have been.
Something that I am wondering and maybe someone knows the answer to is, is it typical for an appeals attorney to be so involved in a case before it's even tried? This really gives me the feeling the defense knows he is guilty and is trying to get their client off on a technicality, appeal, etc and not on evidence that he is innocent. It leaves me feeling even more that he is guilty. I mean I would love for him to be innocent of this crime, guilty of being a jerk, IMO yes.. but if he didn't kill her then his daughters won't have to know their mom is dead because their dad murdered her. My own personal feelings aside, that is the best case scenario. Him getting off because of an error or because some evidence isn't allowed, etc.. would just be devastating if he did this. The defense attorneys might be "doing their job" by having this stuff thrown out or by using tactics like asking questions to people that don't even know about that evidence to make it seem muddy.. etc but it sure paints a picture of they don't have anything to refute all Barry's lies. He has no good reason for all the lies he told. Nobody coerced him into saying he was doing X, when he was doing Y and all the "I don't knows" he said, it does make him look guilty and there is nothing they can do about that.. maybe it's because he is guilty so they have to do all this other stuff?

All this while this hot headed "man" is free to live his life with 2 innocent girls that could very well be in danger if he feels threatened again or if they ever come between him and his money.

Just thinking out loud I guess not really directed at you just a general comment.. :) I believe he killed her. I believe he has a temper and he lost it. If this is what happened and he is this type of person, then what is to stop him from doing that again? Those around him could be in danger if he ever snaps like that again.

I don't understand strong women (I'd say weather I agree with his lawyers or not, they are strong successful women) defending a man like this. So either they really think he is innocent and he somehow just looks incredibly guilty and some other off the wall random thing happened to Suzanne or he is guilty, they know he is, they are still defending him and what? I just don't get it.
I think it's just that he hired really good attorneys who can look at every angle and strategize all the possibilities. You are just witnessing a very good defense. Hot headed people are free to live their lives. Men who are proved to murder do not. Hot headed people who kill on the spur of the moment aren't charged with Murder 1...they are charged with a crime of passion depending on the state it is called various things. It is the state's job to figure out the charge and to prove the charge beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Something that I am wondering and maybe someone knows the answer to is, is it typical for an appeals attorney to be so involved in a case before it's even tried? This really gives me the feeling the defense knows he is guilty and is trying to get their client off on a technicality, appeal, etc and not on evidence that he is innocent. It leaves me feeling even more that he is guilty. I mean I would love for him to be innocent of this crime, guilty of being a jerk, IMO yes.. but if he didn't kill her then his daughters won't have to know their mom is dead because their dad murdered her. My own personal feelings aside, that is the best case scenario. Him getting off because of an error or because some evidence isn't allowed, etc.. would just be devastating if he did this. The defense attorneys might be "doing their job" by having this stuff thrown out or by using tactics like asking questions to people that don't even know about that evidence to make it seem muddy.. etc but it sure paints a picture of they don't have anything to refute all Barry's lies. He has no good reason for all the lies he told. Nobody coerced him into saying he was doing X, when he was doing Y and all the "I don't knows" he said, it does make him look guilty and there is nothing they can do about that.. maybe it's because he is guilty so they have to do all this other stuff?

All this while this hot headed "man" is free to live his life with 2 innocent girls that could very well be in danger if he feels threatened again or if they ever come between him and his money.

Just thinking out loud I guess not really directed at you just a general comment.. :) I believe he killed her. I believe he has a temper and he lost it. If this is what happened and he is this type of person, then what is to stop him from doing that again? Those around him could be in danger if he ever snaps like that again.

I don't understand strong women (I'd say weather I agree with his lawyers or not, they are strong successful women) defending a man like this. So either they really think he is innocent and he somehow just looks incredibly guilty and some other off the wall random thing happened to Suzanne or he is guilty, they know he is, they are still defending him and what? I just don't get it.

@justtrish, I'll never understand it either. However, someone has to defend these monsters (JMO) as much as I loathe typing that. I personally couldn't do it or live with myself defending criminals I strongly feel are guilty, but I certainly do not judge those women who can. I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be on their bad side, they are barracudas!!

From what I know and IANAL, so take this with a grain of salt.. Defense attorneys do not want to client to tell them if they are guilty or not. Maybe in this way, they are able to detach themselves since they truly do not know if their client is guilty. I don't know..just thinking out loud. Again, JMO as always..

She also said Barry had been calling and texting Suzanne all day. Do we have phone records that show he called Suzanne over and over that Sunday? (We don't, do we? Or am I misremembering?)
He texted her Happy Mother's Day, and a phone call? Are you up? That's it. Lies seem to run in that family.

JMO

@justtrish, I'll never understand it either. However, someone has to defend these monsters (JMO) as much as I loathe typing that. I personally couldn't do it or live with myself defending criminals I strongly feel are guilty, but I certainly do not judge those women who can. I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be on their bad side, they are barracudas!!

From what I know and IANAL, so take this with a grain of salt.. Defense attorneys do not want to client to tell them if they are guilty or not. Maybe in this way, they are able to detach themselves since they truly do not know if their client is guilty. I don't know..just thinking out loud. Again, JMO as always..
@Kemug. Please add a barracuda to the zoo. It will probably need its own tank. :D

BM will sue that many LE officers (26?), but had tried to unlawfully influence several (8?) of them and got even charged for it???
How does this fit together, I wonder?
Seems to me an "upside down world", indeed. :(
Because investigators and the DA got together and decided to charge him with everything they could think of :)

She also said Barry had been calling and texting Suzanne all day. Do we have phone records that show he called Suzanne over and over that Sunday? (We don't, do we? Or am I misremembering?)

Exactly...all questions I want answers to. This is the exact opposite of what we have heard from what I recall from mountains of documents/discovery. Correct me if I am wrong..His sister has been sold a bag of donuts!!:rolleyes: JMOO

The answer is yes. He murdered his wife.

And the defense getting him off to walk freely, to kill another wife or woman just because they are “doing their job” is unconscionable. This trial isn’t about who wins, prosecution of defense. This isn’t a game. Someone was murdered and the murderer should go to prison and his name is Barry Morphew. That’s a fact. I don’t need a jury to tell me that.
And you are entitled to your opinion of course. If the trial doesn’t go the way you want that lies squarely on the state and consequently the investigators and the local DA.

But they see the same evidence we do. That aren’t stupid. They know.

To watch or not to watch Dateline tonight? That is the question. I have little patience for (alleged) murderers and their fan club members getting airtime to spread their lies. On the other hand, it's always good to understand the defense perspective and what the people who haven't read the AA think is the truth.

And you are entitled to your opinion of course. If the trial doesn’t go the way you want that lies squarely on the state and consequently the investigators and the local DA.

This is NOT a game.
And not even arguable.
It isn’t about what I want.
He murdered his wife.
The fact that he has good lawyers who know how to USE the laws of our land to set a murderer free, that doesn’t make him any less guilty or them any less culpable.

RSBBM
Personally, I really don’t see BM as a danger to his daughters in anyway. They can’t get between “him and his money,” because by the time IE and DN are finished with him he won’t have any! :D:p

Kidding aside, the girls cannot do to him what Suzanne did - severely bruise his insatiable ego by announcing she was done with him, fall in love with another man and claim half of the assets.

No, he wouldn’t hurt those girls. They feed his ego now. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member