Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This must have been a lot of work. Thanks @sk716 .

Maybe I don't understand these logs correctly. I just happened to notice one section where the truck was logged at the George Davis residence and the times don't make sense to me. (Sorry can't copy the section but it's line 8 through 13 here - Barry's Truck Events - Google Sheets).

His parking lights go off at GD's on May 7th at 23:13:31. I assume he just arrived and turned off his lights? He's there for 18 seconds and his parking lights come on again. 2 minutes and 57 seconds later, back at the GD residence, the lights again turn off but come back on 2 seconds later. Did he leave for a few minutes and then come back turn his lights off and on?

Then the next day on May 8th, the log shows his lights come on at 20:13:26 at the GD residence. So does that mean the truck was parked at the GD property overnight and in to the afternoon? Why is there no mention off his lights going off the previous night? Sorry if I'm dense, I've never really understood the telematics but I'm trying. (I am assuming his parking lights come on when the truck starts. Maybe I'm wrong to assume that idk.)

Am I interpreting this correctly? Anyone?

(Also line 8 and 10 seem to be almost duplicates.)
I'm behind on reading so if I repeat another person's response I apologize. When I lock my doors with the fob,the lights flash on and off.

I guess that it was part of his alibi and why he couldn't call the police (as if he is out of the country or something). To me, it is so obvious. He has distanced himself from the crime and crime scene and has someone else call the police.

The entire scenario is hokey to me. He leaves early for a job on Mother's Day weekend. His kids call him because they can't reach their mother. He can't reach her. So, he calls a neighbor to check on her. She can't find her.

So, if he is that worried, why doesn't he just come home? His job is not due to start. Instead, he has his elderly neighbor continue to check and then call the police for him?? THEN, he comes home that night...j

No wonder the police immediately suspected something wasn't right...

JMO.
Exactly. As his sister said, he was absolutely frantic. :p:confused:

SBM

This is what bothers me. Just looking here - Barry's Truck Events - Google Sheets, there are numerous instances of lights logged as coming on twice in a row without them ever being turned off in between (one example at line 35 and 36 while at the Morphew residence).

This doesn't give me much faith in the truck telematics. The defense could easily create doubt in the jurors minds about the voracity of data IMO.
I leave my headlights on auto. Never touch them. If I lock the door remotely they flash. I do it twice out of habit.

Okay, the last golden oldie before we sign off the air.
Going out to all our radio fans in Websleuths land.

Now a special request @OldCop made to dedicate this one to pals down at the the old precinct house, this is "In the Heat of the Night" composed by the prolific Quincy Jones as the theme for 1967 movie of the same name and performed here by the late great Ray Charles.

For your listening pleasure, stay tuned to station WS.

==============================
See lyrics, hear song at Ray Charles - In The Heat Of The Night Lyrics | AZLyrics.com
:)
I appreciate that, @al66pine. Now, while “In the Heat of the Night” does indeed bring me back to the old station house, I thought “In the Still of the Night” was apropos for BM and what might have happened that night in May….

Attachments

• D72D2A6B-50DC-4674-9A00-406A29EE30A8.jpeg
    D72D2A6B-50DC-4674-9A00-406A29EE30A8.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Barry thinks since he has a dream team and appeals peeps on the sideline he is all good. Barry doesn’t understand that they are collectively going to drain him dry of every single penny of his ill gotten gains. He won’t need a stash of cash in the future because he is going away for a long time if not forever. IMO It would he humorous if not for all the collateral damage he has inflicted on the family he claims to love. I hope he never scores a mountain lion but it would be sweet justice if one were to claim him. IMO

Sadly, Barry will have developed a following of women willing and eager to be pen pals and send Chili Cheese Fritos funds to his jailhouse account. I really hate that!

Last edited:
Yikes. In the Prosecution’s response Page 2, #5 they say that after saying the arrest was hasty it appears that Cahill was “ put out about not being able to be present at the arrest even though he spent a year of his life putting together the investigation “.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Freemont/Morphew/2022-02-23 15-35-09 17C Response.pdf
I don’t fault him at all. I would want to be in on the arrest too after the hard work put in. Wonder if he was thinking of Barry when the misfire happened? Many men detest DV as much as us girls. IMO

Sadly, Barry will have developed a following of women who will be willing and eager to be pen pals and send Chili Cheese Fritos funds to his jailhouse account. I really hate that!
Might give him a nasty bout of the trots as we say in Kentucky. To live within his own stench would be icing on the cake. Apologies as I know it’s not very lady like but well deserved IMO

:)
I appreciate that, @al66pine. Now, while “In the Heat of the Night” does indeed bring me back to the old station house, I thought “In the Still of the Night” was apropos for BM and what might have happened that night in May….
@OldCop bbm Thanks for your response and for finding the song.
Somehow my mind transmogrified Still into Heat :confused:, but as you said, the Still lyrics are apropos for BM.

Sorry to disappoint. My apologies for spinning the wrong record.

{ETA: Another alert member noticed my booboo last night. Thx @PaulaDC :)}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads