Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

I'm not finding these citations where CBI hoped extending the arrest would aid in researching the couple's finances. Can you please link, and thanks?

I'm very curious since there's zero illusion to this in the 120+pg AA which included more than will be admissible as evidence.
From last weeks motions hearings. I will pull you the 2 You Tube links from the two reporters.

^^rsbm
Snipped…
I'm very curious since there's zero illusion to this in the 120+pg AA which included more than will be admissible as evidence.
It is worth the time it takes to get through these as there is more information than in their tweets.
for Lauren Scarf and KKTV Ashley Franco I am hoping Ashley’s is allowed as KKTV seems to post to their FB and not to a You Tube page.

I honestly don't believe BM is a physical threat to his daughters. In one of his statements to Grusing he said all he cared about in the world was hunting and his guns. He never even mentioned his daughters in the future tense.

BARE is worried only about himself, period. I think he'd go on the run and leave them in the dust without a second thought if he knew he was going to be found guilty.

I feel sorry that these young ladies lost the only parent who truly loved them and cared about their wellbeing.

JMO

I don't know whether or not he's a physical threat to the girls, but we shouldn't forget that he did kill their mom (allegedly), and probably in a violent and disturbing way. He also planned (imo) to have those very same girls discover that their mom was missing. (The trauma he has likely caused them is reprehensible.)

He said it himself, all he cares about are his guns and hunting.

I know we don't believe much that comes out of his mouth, but on this topic, I believe Barry.

It is worth the time it takes to get through these as there is more information than in their tweets.
for Lauren Scarf and KKTV Ashley Franco I am hoping Ashley’s is allowed as KKTV seems to post to their FB and not to a You Tube page.
Thanks. I previously viewed both recaps. Perhaps to double-check, I'll check if transcript enabled for LS YT since I'm fairly certain no such comments by Ashley. JMO

ETA: Confirming there's no statement by LS in her 61 min YT transcription regarding CBI seeking to delay arrest to research the couple's financials. IMO, this is an unsupported rumor by OP.

Last edited:
From last weeks motions hearings. I will pull you the 2 You Tube links from the two reporters.

ETA: Confirming there's no statement by LS in her 61 min YT transcription regarding CBI seeking to delay arrest to research the couple's financials. IMO, this is an unsupported rumor by OP.
^^sbm

This also makes no sense when the investigation can continue including warrants for financial disclosure up until the trial and nothing to do with BM's arrest in May 2021.

Last edited:
Good to know but what good will it do?
Given that the daughters had no say in the mandatory law intended to prevent BM from harassing, molesting, intimidating, retaliating against, or tampering, it's a good requirement by the court for the protection of the victims. I was glad to hear Judge Murphy put BM on notice and also warn BM that any violation would prevent him from having any contact and could also result in additional charges.

In this case, I think it's clear that the daughters have no desire whatsoever then or now to prohibit BM from making contact with them (as others have requested of the court).

ETA: It's been reported that BM and the daughters were joking and jovial at the last hearing on Friday. I imagine IE has given them much hope that the bad behavior by the prosecution might very well cause the case to be dismissed! They were probably told that if not dismissed, his team will fight tooth and nail for reduction of charges to 2nd degree where IE will be super confident to prevail. I can't imagine the letdown they will experience. Probably worse than their loss of SM. JMO

Last edited:
Thanks. I previously viewed both recaps. Perhaps to double-check, I'll check if transcript enabled for LS YT since I'm fairly certain no such comments by Ashley. JMO

Just a sec...

I recall hearing/reading somewhere that they wanted more time to research financials (it stood out to me because I thought that was a dumb reason as they still have all the time between the arrest and trial). It was not in either of those 2 videos though as I watched neither.

I feel like I read it somewhere rather than hearing it. (I usually stick to MSM links posted on this site, no others.) I'll see if I can find it.

^^sbm

This also makes no sense when the investigation can continue including warrants for financial disclosure up until the trial and nothing to do with BM's arrest in May 2021.
I just relistened to the recaps and you are right more time for financial was not mentioned by Lauren and Ashley. My apologies as it must have been a non authorized source or I dreamed it. More time with the data and a few other things but no specific mention of financial.

Just a sec...

I recall hearing/reading somewhere that they wanted more time to research financials (it stood out to me because I thought that was a dumb reason as they still have all the time between the arrest and trial). It was not in either of those 2 videos though as I watched neither.

I feel like I read it somewhere rather than hearing it. (I usually stick to MSM links posted on this site, no others.) I'll see if I can find it.
If you find, don’t post if it is unauthorized but now I am curious as I tend care about facts. Just say you found it and a smiley face and then I will know I am not crazy :-)

I just relistened to the recaps and you are right more time for financial was not mentioned by Lauren and Ashley. My apologies as it must have been a non authorized source or I dreamed it. More time with the data and a few other things but no specific mention of financial.
Reading through my notes from Lauren's recap, I had noted that when Cahill was testifying in response to a question about "erosion of framework," he'd mentioned that SW's had been done and stuff received back, which they were still going through. And he summarized that included financials, data from electronics, and casts from the tires had come back. I have that note just shortly before Derek Graham began testifying.

I'll have to go back to LS's YouTube video and see if I can find a time stamp. ETA: Begins talking about this around 14:27 and the specific mention of financials is at 17:11.

Last edited:
Just a sec...

I rewatched parts of LS recap today and around 15:00 to 17:00 she quoted Cahill as saying something about his opinion that the “ framework was eroding” meant that he thought they needed more time to research and digest things they had received from search warrants ( financials, cell phone data etc). That was his opinion. He was on Military leave in Arizona from March thru May 2021 and said he felt like he was having a hard time keeping up with the case and doing that, He said he might have had one phone call from Graham but otherwise wasn’t in contact with other Investigators during that time. He was sent a copy of the AA to review for possible revisions.

Reading through my notes from Lauren's recap, I had noted that when Cahill was testifying in response to a question about "erosion of framework," he'd mentioned that SW's had been done and stuff received back, which they were still going through. And he summarized that included financials, data from electronics, and casts from the tires had come back. I have that note just shortly before Derek Graham began testifying.

I'll have to go back to LS's YouTube video and see if I can find a time stamp. ETA: Begins talking about this around 14:27 and the specific mention of financials is at 17:11.
Agent Cahill was indeed talking about how he was behind because of his deployment and there was information on file that he'd not seen such as financials and cell phone reports but that was not what OP alleged.

It was also not necessary to delay the arrest for Cahill to personally review information already collected and viewed by other team members. Cahill was certainly not the authority that the prosecution needed to wait up for -- especially since he's been thoroughly discredited.

ETA - add link

In the defense’s latest motion, they are asking the Court to dismiss a First Degree Murder case because a former CBI Agent, who has been thoroughly discredited, has opined on the timing of arresting the defendant in this case.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2022/03/2022-02-23-15-35-09-17C-Response.pdf

Last edited:
Agent Cahill was indeed talking about how he was behind because of his deployment and there was information on file that he'd not seen such as financials and cell phone reports but that was not what OP alleged.

It was also not necessary to delay the arrest for Cahill to personally review information already collected and viewed by other team members. Cahill was certainly not the authority that the prosecution needed to wait up for -- especially since he's been thoroughly discredited.
I agree with you. I think it is possible that an early look into financial activity (BM's business practices, or the couple's real estate transactions, or BM's commodities trading, or who knows what else) suggested some funny stuff going on, but that if there was any illegality there, it was a sideshow and that others continuously active in the investigation had determined that, so were directing their focus to the gathering, analysis, and evaluation of evidence relevant to the main event - the events related to the disappearance and murder of SM.

Well she's not on trial for murder, soooooo...

Normal people don't threaten suicide to get what they want. That's as extreme as it gets.

But what if your partner regularly threatens suicide, particularly whenever you’re not doing something he or she wants you to do, or when you’re trying to leave the relationship? First, understand that this is a form of emotional abuse: your partner is trying to manipulate you by playing on your feelings of love and fear for them. You might get angry when this happens, but you also might feel like you have to give in to them in order to avoid a potential tragedy.

When Your Partner Threatens Suicide

Coercive Control

Threatening a partner with suicide in order to control them is recognized by intimate partner violence experts and criminal behavioral analysts as part of a larger deadly pattern of abuse called “coercive control.”

If the threat you’re encountering fits as part of this pattern, you can still take their threat seriously using the resources given here, but also learn about what kind of danger you might be in. If it appears that you are in danger, learn how to make a safety plan for leaving. Leaving a relationship is actually the most dangerous time for women. Get help from others and create a safety plan for leaving.

How to Deal with Coercive Suicide Threats

BAM! Bam! bam!

"According to testimony by Harris, Suzanne Morphew told Oliver in the texts that he put a gun to his head and said, “Is this what you want?” In the year before she went missing, Harris said Suzanne also told Oliver that he pinned her on the bed and wouldn’t let her up. She threatened to involve law enforcement, Harris said."

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

If you have ever had a real life experience with someone putting a gun to their head and threatening to pull the trigger....and it has happened in my close family by a former acquaintance....it is extremely traumatic for people who witness the act itself....for a variety of reasons....will the person turn the gun on me before himself? is there any way to stop it? can i take the gun from that person? How will this relationship possibly be repaired? The manipulation is so extreme...depending on the person's stability and calculations....it is meant to terrify, not just intimidate. How BM possibly thought that the scars this act would leave could heal is incomprehensible....OTOH, he is irrational beyond reason...so he had no trouble getting over it.
EXACTLY, it is terrifying.
And when people say 'why were you so frightened, he wasn't pointing it at you?' , they are not understanding the threat that exists when a troubled, disturbed loved one points a gun at their head, just feet away from you, knowing they can just turn their wrist a little and aim it at your head instead. It is extremely scary and it is designed to terrify and horrify and threaten everyone else too.

P.S.
It has never happened to me but has happened to a close friend. Her ex husband did that twice, when she was trying to leave him with her kids. That was how he'd control and terrify her.

Last edited:
Agent Harris was asked about Holly Wilson and a conversation she had with Barry. Barry was accusing SM of sleeping with a man in "a" basement in November 2019.

I am looking fw to this devolping at trial. BM knew She was having an affair...

Motive...

"And to answer your question, no, he’s not involved in the search,” shared Andy Moorman.

Moorman says he "believes Barry Morphew is not doing enough to help."

“He’s not cooperating enough with police. He should have done a voice analysis with a detective right off the bat and some of his behavior since then have been quite strange,” shared Moorman.

“I’m afraid this is domestic abuse,” shared Moorman.

‘I’m afraid this is domestic abuse’; Suzanne Morhpew’s brother says husband not participating in search, carrying shotgun to keep people off property | FOX31 Denver

Agent Harris was asked about Holly Wilson and a conversation she had with Barry. Barry was accusing SM of sleeping with a man in "a" basement in November 2019.

I am looking fw to this devolping at trial. BM knew She was having an affair...

Motive...
As mad that BM was that (he thought) SM was having an affair, he was more upset that he didn’t know who it was. I think that he would have tried to kill the person she was having the affair with to eliminate him. In his twisted mind, if the lover was out of the picture, SM would return to the submissive, attentive housewife that she had always been. He would be back in control.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members