Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the daughters had no say in the mandatory law intended to prevent BM from harassing, molesting, intimidating, retaliating against, or tampering, it's a good requirement by the court for the protection of the victims. I was glad to hear Judge Murphy put BM on notice and also warn BM that any violation would prevent him from having any contact and could also result in additional charges.

In this case, I think it's clear that the daughters have no desire whatsoever then or now to prohibit BM from making contact with them (as others have requested of the court).

ETA: It's been reported that BM and the daughters were joking and jovial at the last hearing on Friday. I imagine IE has given them much hope that the bad behavior by the prosecution might very well cause the case to be dismissed! They were probably told that if not dismissed, his team will fight tooth and nail for reduction of charges to 2nd degree where IE will be super confident to prevail. I can't imagine the letdown they will experience. Probably worse than their loss of SM. JMO
Exactly my feeling that the daughters are bought into his whole story and therefore it may cause danger for them if their eyes are opened for any reason during trial.

Only if they “ have the body of a 30 year old”.
Why would he say that to LE ?!
This was on June 25, 2020.
Like 6 weeks she’s been missing.
Look at all the crap he threw out there.. Accusing her siblings. Accusing the CBD guy.
And oh yeah, accusing her of having an affair ( although he SWORE he never suspected that) with a life long friend.

Page 26
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf
Re-reading these few sentences that you provided leave me stunned again.
There really is a treasure trove in these.

They tell us, to a great extent, his thinking.

Does he think he is "smart enough" and even "brilliant" to have pulled this off?

Exactly my feeling that the daughters are bought into his whole story and therefore it may cause danger for them if their eyes are opened for any reason during trial.
My guess is Barry’s mom will be there and perhaps other family members to support them. If they read the AA they probably won’t hear much new IMO.

Cause & Effect, According to BM?
"We had a friend's marriage blow apart because of a Facebook contact with an old boyfriend."

Lemme ask ya, Barry - Besides that Facebook contact, were any other factors possibly involved in that blow up?

Just for example, someone who already wanted to explore/experience a new relationship outside the marriage, that is, someone already dissatisfied w the marriage? Perhaps someone w a marriage which had already blown up, before that contact was made?

Barry, you may know the sequence of events and details after initial Facebook contact.

I'm not a marriage counselor, don't even play one on TV, so I don't pretend to know. But I doubt the marriage blew up because of "a Facebook contact with an old boyfriend." my2ct.

Affidavit, Barry talking w LE (page 101, hardcopy #)
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

My guess is Barry’s mom will be there and perhaps other family members to support them. If they read the AA they probably won’t hear much new IMO.
I think if the daughters had read the AA, they would know their father is guilty of murdering their mother. If they didn’t read the AA, the trial will be an eye opener because the circumstantial evidence against him is strong and no doubt the prosecution still has a few things “up their sleeve.” The part I like is that Iris and Dru KNOW what’s not in the AA that will come out at trial.

Personally, I think Barry continues to lie to them and without knowing just how many times he was caught in lies by LE, they will continue to believe he is innocent, for now. I’m also guessing they are being sheltered from anything or anyone that would cast doubt on his narrative. Whether or not they will feel the same way about him after the trial, I don’t know. Even if he is not convicted, surely what they hear will make them question his character. How could it not?
Ed:sp

Last edited:
I think if the daughters had read the AA, they would know their father is guilty of murdering their mother. If they didn’t read the AA, the trial will be an eye opener because the circumstantial evidence against him is strong and no doubt the prosecution still has a few things “up their sleeve.” The part I like is that Iris and Drew KNOW what’s not in the AA that will come out at trial.

Personally, I think Barry continues to lie to them and without knowing just how many times he was caught in lies by LE, they will continue to believe he is innocent, for now. I’m also guessing they are being sheltered from anything or anyone that would cast doubt on his narrative. Whether or not they will feel the same way about him after the trial, I don’t know. Even if he is not convicted, surely what they hear will make them question his character. How could it not?
Ill bet they are forbidden to read it.

Ill bet they are forbidden to read it.
No doubt!

For me, it is the only thing that can explain the prevailing “happiness” as they all stroll into court. They without a doubt believe this is all a terrible mistake, LE were out to get their dad, and I & D are going to exonerate their innocent father. Otherwise, if they’ve read the AA, believe he did it and behaved this way, it could only say that they feel their mom needed to die for having the affair and I just can’t believe that of them. I think the trial is going to be a real shocker for his daughters. Time will tell! JMO

I think if the daughters had read the AA, they would know their father is guilty of murdering their mother. If they didn’t read the AA, the trial will be an eye opener because the circumstantial evidence against him is strong and no doubt the prosecution still has a few things “up their sleeve.” The part I like is that Iris and Drew KNOW what’s not in the AA that will come out at trial.

Great post!

MOO

No doubt!

For me, it is the only thing that can explain the prevailing “happiness” as they all stroll into court. They without a doubt believe this is all a terrible mistake, LE were out to get their dad, and I & D are going to exonerate their innocent father. Otherwise, if they’ve read the AA, believe he did it and behaved this way, it could only say that they feel their mom needed to die for having the affair and I just can’t believe that of them. I think the trial is going to be a real shocker for his daughters. Time will tell! JMO
OR they think it was an accident. (God's will of course) Poor Dad.

^^rsbm

How could it not?

I think this is indeed a situation of both nature and nurture.

I think the Morphew environment was one where BM was never wrong and where he had an excuse for why nothing was ever his fault. They've lived this their entire lives.

Long before BM disappeared SM, I don't doubt BM filled his daughters' heads with how the Sheriff didn't like him and how he always had to watch his back.

Based on BM's very nature where rules don't apply to him, this would be a natural preface for BM. (i.e., BM being proactive about his shady ways).

Beginning with Mother's Day, BM would be telling the daughters that because he was away in Broomfield WORKING when SM vanished, LE had a head start to frame him. His darn important project that feeds/clothes/houses them in the stately manner they're accustomed, created an obstacle for him since he was unavailable to "tell them what to do" -- because they're low-level thinkers -- not as smart as he is.

They believe BM because this is how they've been conditioned to think, and this is also compatible with their brain development.

In her position of trust, SM isn't available to coach them on how to open up and digest the truth, and they've obviously shut out the Moormans as well.

By default, they'll remain in self-preservation (and self-protection) mode until they either develop trust with someone that can help them process, or else their future destructive behaviors will force them to finally open their eyes enough to digest the facts about BM and what he did to SM.

And I think it's going to take years.

I believe BM has spent nearly two years preaching martyrdom-- and they've swallowed it faster than they can chew. MOO

Though the brain may be done growing in size, it does not finish developing and maturing until the mid- to late 20s. The front part of the brain, called the prefrontal cortex, is one of the last brain regions to mature.

The Teen Brain: 7 Things to Know.

EXACTLY !!!
So if he didn't keep all of them, where are they and WHY would someone get rid of all those shirts/clothing??
LE hopefully asked him about it.
I think he threw them out for fear there was cadaverine on them. Maybe? I hope LE searched each place he was seen on camera and recovered at least some of the stuff if not all of it. The shirts were not mentioned in the AA and I wonder if LE did find them. I'm hopeful.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member