Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

How could it not?

I think this is indeed a situation of both nature and nurture.

I think the Morphew environment was one where BM was never wrong and where he had an excuse for why nothing was ever his fault. They've lived this their entire lives.

Long before BM disappeared SM, I don't doubt BM filled his daughters' heads with how the Sheriff didn't like him and how he always had to watch his back.

Based on BM's very nature where rules don't apply to him, this would be a natural preface for BM. (i.e., BM being proactive about his shady ways).

Beginning with Mother's Day, BM would be telling the daughters that because he was away in Broomfield WORKING when SM vanished, LE had a head start to frame him. His darn important project that feeds/clothes/houses them in the stately manner they're accustomed, created an obstacle for him since he was unavailable to "tell them what to do" -- because they're low-level thinkers -- not as smart as he is.

They believe BM because this is how they've been conditioned to think, and this is also compatible with their brain development.

In her position of trust, SM isn't available to coach them on how to open up and digest the truth, and they've obviously shut out the Moormans as well.

By default, they'll remain in self-preservation (and self-protection) mode until they either develop trust with someone that can help them process, or else their future destructive behaviors will force them to finally open their eyes enough to digest the facts about BM and what he did to SM.

And I think it's going to take years.

I believe BM has spent nearly two years preaching martyrdom-- and they've swallowed it faster than they can chew. MOO

Though the brain may be done growing in size, it does not finish developing and maturing until the mid- to late 20s. The front part of the brain, called the prefrontal cortex, is one of the last brain regions to mature.

The Teen Brain: 7 Things to Know.
Thanks for this @Seattle1 ! Interesting about the brain development. Given their ages, they still have some maturing to do. I do hope they can step out of “Barry’s World,” twisted and demented as it is, at some point in the near future. I believe a conviction would afford them the time they need for their brains to develop in a healthy manner.

OR they think it was an accident. (God's will of course) Poor Dad.
This is what I believe that they think it was an accident and maybe even self defense. Or they blame JL and think he was a no good loving friend to her who offed her. I have no idea if they will ever become friends with the truth but this trial is likely to be a rude awakening for them regardless of what they think today.

I’ll bite! What kind of accident? An accident while on a bike ride or dad “accidentally” killed mom while chasing her with a gun and tranquilizer dart?

Lordy Miss @susiQ this is really @Megnut's Forte…But I’ll give it a shot, because I am quite serious.

I think the girls have long accepted that Dad either accidently killed mom or she took her own life to end the distress she felt with herself. He painted mom in a beautiful light when he let them know, she had regrets realizing the unnecessary fights and pain she had caused him and them because of her affair. I’m sure he told the daughters…Besides her affair, it could have an accumulation of things the cancer, chemo, illegal drugs and alcohol influencing mom, we know how bad it's been the last 6 months. Who knows what led where (?) but mom regretted it, she loved us. So, I covered it up, to spare the you and the family embarrassment and people judging my dear Suzanne, your mom. I was mainly concerned about someone else getting blamed knowing they had nothing to do with this (her lover or the lover’s wife, family member, or one of the Moorman siblings angry/jealous about Gene's loans, then there’s the nephews who needed her blessings for land to be shared for their drug business) So he admits to them, staging a scene in hopes to spare all and says he sincerely prays everyone will go with the default, a mountain lion or abduction. His goal is to keep Suzanne’s reputation and the Family intact and no one be blamed.
This is between God and Suzanne.

Last edited:
OR they think it was an accident. (God's will of course) Poor Dad.
This is what I believe that they think it was an accident and maybe even self defense. Or they blame JL and think he was a no good loving friend to her who offed her. I have no idea if they will ever become friends with the truth but this trial is likely to be a rude awakening for them regardless of what they think today.
I think he threw them out for fear there was cadaverine on them. Maybe? I hope LE searched each place he was seen on camera and recovered at least some of the stuff if not all of it. The shirts were not mentioned in the AA and I wonder if LE did find them. I'm hopeful.

JMO
I am optimistically hopeful that there is so much more we don’t know but LE and the defense team do hence the DT’s theatrics thus far. Surely much more has been discovered and investigated.

Only if they “ have the body of a 30 year old”.
Why would he say that to LE ?!
This was on June 25, 2020.
Like 6 weeks she’s been missing.
Look at all the crap he threw out there.. Accusing her siblings. Accusing the CBD guy.
And oh yeah, accusing her of having an affair ( although he SWORE he never suspected that) with a life long friend.

Page 26
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf
Oh my-- I know this is not a laughing matter with Suzanne missing and dead at the hands of her husband, IMO
BUT--- I am LMAO at this whole statement scenario.

His comment-about pointing the fingers at someone else when you are guilty while literally pointing the finger at her family members. OMG

He doesn't go through her phone.. Umm... OK.. but you somehow had another device to be able to track and change PW on her accounts. Probably mirrored her phone apps. IMO

Side note--the very first thing I thought of with all the "Jeff" friend requests is he KNEW and was looking for "the one", JMO

This whole clip here -- I just can't with him.

Lordy Miss @susiQ this is really @Megnut's Forte…But I’ll give it a shot, because I am quite serious.

I think the girls have long accepted that Dad either accidently killed mom or she took her own life to end the distress she felt with herself. He painted mom in a beautiful light when he let them know, she had regrets realizing the unnecessary fights and pain she had caused him and them because of her affair. I’m sure he told the daughters…Besides her affair, it could have an accumulation of things the cancer, chemo, illegal drugs and alcohol influencing mom, we know how bad it's been the last 6 months. Who knows what led where (?) but mom regretted it, she loved us. So, I covered it up, to spare the you and the family embarrassment and people judging my dear Suzanne, your mom. I was mainly concerned about someone else getting blamed knowing they had nothing to do with this (her lover or the lover’s wife, family member, or one of the Moorman siblings angry/jealous about Gene's loans, then there’s the nephews who needed her blessings for land to be shared for their drug business) So he admits to them, staging a scene in hopes to spare all and says he sincerely prays everyone will go with the default, a mountain lion or abduction. His goal is to keep Suzanne’s reputation and the Family intact and no one be blamed.
I believe he handled it this way also.

I think the girls have long accepted that Dad either accidently killed mom or she took her own life to end the distress she felt with herself. He painted mom in a beautiful light when he let them know, she had regrets realizing the unnecessary fights and pain she had caused him and them because of her affair. I’m sure he told the daughters…Besides her affair, it could have an accumulation of things the cancer, chemo, illegal drugs and alcohol influencing mom, we know how bad it's been the last 6 months. Who knows what led where (?) but mom regretted it, she loved us. So, I covered it up, to spare the you and the family embarrassment and people judging my dear Suzanne, your mom. I was mainly concerned about someone else getting blamed knowing they had nothing to do with this (her lover or the lover’s wife for example, or one of the Moorman’s, then there’s the nephews who needed her blessings for land to be shared for their drug business) So he admits to them, staging a scene in hopes to spare all and says he sincerely prays everyone will go with the default, a mountain lion or abduction. His goal is to keep Suzanne’s reputation and the Family intact and no one be blamed.
You did a very good job of impersonating @Megnut :). A little bit shy on the sarcasm though :p.

However, I still can’t wrap my head around them accepting that. Not to mention, LE didn’t buy it :D! He got arrested despite his staging. So, instead of paying IE and DN mega bucks to prove he didn’t kill her, why doesn’t he just tell the “truth” now and show LE where he put her “suicided” body and everyone can move on?

You did a very good job of impersonating @Megnut :). A little bit shy on the sarcasm though :p.

However, I still can’t wrap my head around them accepting that. Not to mention, LE didn’t buy it :D! He got arrested despite his staging. So, instead of paying IE and DN mega bucks to prove he didn’t kill her, why doesn’t he just tell the “truth” now and show LE where he put her “suicided” body and everyone can move on?
That's the whole point. They are not L/E, nor would they think like L/E or you and I. They are the daughters in a close knit family, what they perceived and truly believed to be a religious, tight family. In spite of any exposed rifts by other adults,(SO etc.) I believe the older daughter (who no longer lived there full time, had no idea of the bad things that were happening between her parents) and the younger daughter (my gosh all of 15/16) was hanging on, trying to help, that is what I could see myself doing at that age with no life experiences to guide me otherwise when you loved both parents dearly, both of them and (neither parent could be capable of a serious sin). He can't show the suicided body because it wasn't "suicided" . The original question was why were the daughters accepting this, that is what I was speaking to. This is what I think they believe happened.

Last edited:
That's the whole point. They are not L/E, nor would they think like L/E or you and I. They are the daughters in a close knit family, what they perceived to be a religious, tight family (neither parent could be capable of a serious sin). He can't show the suicided body because it wasn't "suicided" . The original question was why were the daughters accepting this, that is what I was speaking to. This is what I think they believe happened.
I see. I just have such a hard time thinking they could actually believe all that but it makes sense given they haven’t read anything, or so we think, and all they have is BM and his flying monkeys around.

I do hope they can find some kind of normal down the road, but that can only happen if he’s convicted. Otherwise, they are doomed to living in “Barry’s World.” :(

I think they’ve read it, even if their Dad forbade them from doing so. How could they not want to know what’s in it? That’s just me though. Of course they did sit through the PH.
I completely agree but don’t doubt they are still in for a harsh reality. Forbidden or not they most likely are up to date on at least the AA. How could they not want to know? IMO

Thanks for this @Seattle1 ! Interesting about the brain development. Given their ages, they still have some maturing to do. I do hope they can step out of “Barry’s World,” twisted and demented as it is, at some point in the near future. I believe a conviction would afford them the time they need for their brains to develop in a healthy manner.
Barry’s childhood caregivers certainly did an excellent job with his socialization and development...yikes.

A statement to the court for Barry to be allowed to visit in Gunnison was “During this very confusing time that we have to grieve, we just want to be a family.”

There is no way these girls have read the AA as it would be highly traumatizing to them. They know it and Barry knows it all too well. One typically does not compound their trauma needlessly.

The very thought of Barry chasing this lovely Suzanne around the property with a loaded tranquilizer dart traumatized me until I suffered countless sleepless nights over it yet they are all strangers to me.

One look at the living room chandeliers or the pile of antlers in the garage has found Bambi trembling uncontrollably. Barry is a danger and a menace to society at large. It's most unfortunate Judges do not realize the damage they could be doing by allowing his proximity to the vulnerable youths.

MOO

CO. Domestic Violence Fatalities Review Board, 2021 Annual Report.*
List includes SM among the "39 victims who died ... due to domestic violence or occurring within the context of domestic violence..."

Is it appropriate for SM's death to be characterized this way?
In an official state board publication?
W CO.'s. Attorney General's name as Chair?
Of the CDVFRB board estab'ed by statute?**
Before a criminal conviction of BM?
W no civil suit verdict re her death by BM?

I'm not saying BM is a great guy, not arguing that BM did not cause SM's death.

Just wondering if it's appropriate for a state A.G. & a civil board to include her (presumed) death as due to DV or occurring within the context of DV. At least, at this stage, before conviction.

List includes SM among the "39 victims who died ... due to domestic violence or occurring within the context of domestic violence..."

Just wondering if it's appropriate for a state A.G. & a civil board to include her (presumed) death as due to DV or occurring within the context of DV. At least, at this stage, before conviction.

I believe it's very appropriate. A husband murdering his wife is the epitome of domestic violence.
IMO

I completely agree but don’t doubt they are still in for a harsh reality. Forbidden or not they most likely are up to date on at least the AA. How could they not want to know? IMO
Ignorance is bliss, or so it's said. If someone's father were accused of killing their mother, one might be on top of every single filing, hearing, transcript, the AA and doing their own research. Another sibling, on the other hand, might be drowning in ignorance while chastising another sibling for not doing the same - just as one child can take a blind eye to domestic abuse in the home and another who's traumatically affected by it.
IMO

While I only skimmed the report, I did catch that it's compiled in consultation with the state prosecutors. Nonetheless, I understand what you're saying about premature induction prior to conviction. However, in all fairness, personally, I do not have a fraction of reasonable doubt that SM was the victim of DV and homicidal violence at the hands of her husband. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381