Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a sensible compromise was struck as opposed to making the jury listen to days of irrelevant content with no direction or focus on what they should be listening for,

If the defence wants the jury to gain a feel for the character and demeanour of the accused as he answers questions, then he should testify. It is not appropriate to do this via the back door.

IMO
Yes there is latitude granted in preliminary that generally doesn’t fly at trial for both sides.

Did Barry attempt to reach Suzanne by alternate means?

Remember, he wasn't supposed to know she was dead, so what would you do if you couldn't reach someone, in particular someone who typically responded quickly? Would you immediately think m-m-mount-t-t-tain liiiiiiiion? Or would you run through the possibiliies? Home, away. Busy, injured. A fall. Phone out of order.

Did he try an email?

Did he ask a gym buddy to run over?

Did he call all the places she might be? All the people who might know where she could be?

Me, I'd be calling everyone I know -- and then I'd be asking them to call everyone they know.

Because, just like MH, I'd be trying to figure out where my person went -- and I'd wear out the easy and safe and logical explanations long before I'd surrender their fate to mauling.

But that's JMO.
Right. Those are some of the things a clueless, innocent person that just found out their loved one is missing would do. BUT, IMO BM already knew where SM was and apparently didn’t cross his mind and/or he forgot to get into character (as an actor does) and ‘act’ like a frantic/concerned husband. I think it comes down to arrogance, ignorance, lack of self awareness. IMO the body cam footage does not reflect well on BM and especially not when he first arrives on scene.

Nonchalantly gets out of truck- “Where’s the bike?” Did you find the phone?”, “Lion…Mountain Lion?”
Very telling that those were the first words he uttered upon arriving at the scene. SMDH. How about-

“Did you find my wife yet?!” “Which areas around here have been searched so far?” She might be laying somewhere injured!” “We need to find her!”….

BM is a bad actor. In more ways than one.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Your point is duly noted -- question asked and answered, but it's the "she was sound asleep" part which stands out to me.

You left at 5am. {Yeah.}

She was sound asleep.

No one asked that!

Volunteering extraneous information IMO is a hallmark of deception.

It's the combination of oversplains the screams to me.

She was sound asleep.

She said she was [going biking] soon's she got up.

IMO he wasn't answering questions. He was inserting his narrative.

Did you find the phone?

M-m-mount-t-tain liiiiiiiion.

It would be interesting to hear just his words, with the other speakers edited out.

I think he wedged a working all day up in Denver in there too.

IMO he had an agenda, from the moment he stepped out of his truck. And none of it was directed at locating Suzanne or assisting in that regard.

JMO

For sure, Megnut!

...also, considering it Barry's answer to questioning LE, [rather than some stand alone "most likely in shock, disjointed babble" <as might be argued by IE @ some future point>], Barry himself fires the time/place/circumstances starting gun for the serpentine, lie & inconsistency-riddled bogus alibi that (un)winds over the ensuing 12 months.

duh-oh
:eek:

Encore re. "hoisting/own petard"?

Is this going to be a hearing by tweet again? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The defense has done a marvelous job of getting the media shut out, minus their splendiferous array of motions filed, all of which serve IMO a distinct agenda, which is more about appearance than truth.

Working so far. He's out on bail.

He's definitely getting Suzanne's- money's worth.

JMO

I expect there will be reporters in attendance but they will still be under Judge Lama's 2/9/22 Standing Decorum Order which prohibits live reporting of any kind, and courtroom lockout (once the hearing begins) prevents timely updates.

Once again, we have BM's defense team to thank for this inconvenience after they falsely accused an individual YTuber of live broadcasting the 2/9/22 motions hearing after allegedly hacking WebEx! The same false accusation resulted in the immediate Standing Decorum Order by gullible Judge Lama.

Not only to set the record straight but to also clear their name, it's my understanding the individual voluntarily testified during a closed hearing the following day, where the Court agreed that the defense's allegation was false. Since the YT is not approved for WS, this is MOO.

Perhaps for the defense to save face, the Court later confirmed that WebEx was never hacked on 2/9/22 but instead believes somebody must have been recording with their phone from inside the courtroom. This makes no sense since the party falsely accused by the defense was nowhere near Salida on 2/9/22 and did not attend the hearing on that date.

(Ytuber obtained a transcript of their closed hearing but can't share /distribute the transcript pursuant to Colorado court rules).

View attachment 338312
I imagine the trial will be the same, similar to Frazee's. It's beyond awful the defense accused somebody who wasn't even in the area. They have no shame.

I believe this might depend on SM's individual settings.

For example, using my own iPhone, I see the following in my privacy settings: "Location Services Uses GPS, Bluetooth, and crowd-sourced WiFi hotspot and cell tower locations to determine your approximate location."

Since my Location Services, Location Alerts, and Share My Location options are all turned off, there's no history/location log in my iCloud backup folder.

Not to say that an FBI forensic investigator can't access hidden folders not available to me... :eek:
My location shows me as being in western North Carolina when I'm actually in eastern South Carolina, a few hundred miles away.

I don't understand how it works and I wish I did, but I wasn't born with a computer brain, missed that by being born 20 years too soon. lol

Prosecution has a new attorney on the team Grant Grosgebauer from Arapahoe DA Office
-#BarryMorphew trial is 4 weeks away
-Shreck hearing set for April 29
-watched body cam video of K9 arriving on scene near SM bike, K9 could not find a scent of SM near bike scene on May 10
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1509254465995501574?s=21&t=-6tPNFgI1lPfsQ_T7xBVQg

Thank you for posting.

Let's hope they don't say but the K9 scented to BM near or around the bike scene after we watched on body cam he was asked to collect a plastic bag himself, from his own home, with SM's scent article. Sadly, this will not hold much weight if allowed. IMO only.

So it's possible the inoperable tranquilizer gun could have been modified with duct tape to work. That's interesting. IMO

(thank you Lauren for the tweets, right? :))
I'd almost prefer it to be completely inoperable, as that would completely destroy Barry's lie about tranquilizing deer the previous month.

I think there's another gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member