Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was B's DNA on the bike? What about the risk of being seen (either whilst riding the bike or walking back)?
According to the AA, Barry's DNA was found on the bicycle seat only. His DNA was not found on the bicycle grips, handlebars, or brakes. Kinda weird that it was only on the seat since according to the AA, he said that he pulled Suzanne's bike and helmet out of her vehicle for her sometime on Saturday.

AA

Monarch Mtn snowfall up to May 2022

IMO the snow receded long ago above the 2020 levels.
Too bad.

2018 - 2019252"
2019 - 2020208"
2020 - 2021155"
2021 - To Date164"

According to the AA, Barry's DNA was found on the bicycle seat only. His DNA was not found on the bicycle grips, handlebars, or brakes. Kinda weird that it was only on the seat since according to the AA, he said that he pulled Suzanne's bike and helmet out of her vehicle for her sometime on Saturday.

AA
It's almost as if someone wiped the bike down.

JMO

Was B's DNA on the bike? What about the risk of being seen (either whilst riding the bike or walking back)?

AA

Surprisingly, what seems to be consistently underplayed here is that SM had her bike serviced by the bike shop only a few days earlier-- providing for mixed DNA or other profiles all over her bike, but this idea of BM's DNA not profiled, is somehow weird. JMO

1656437397935.png

Yup. Page 103: SA Grusing told Barry that on that Saturday at 11 :00 AM, he told Morgan Gentile he was planning to take a hike or bike ride with Suzanne, but now he was unsure if his Fooses hike was that day.

And page 125: No "hike" existed that Saturday afternoon in Barry's multiple interviews with CBI until a June interview, when he said they hiked to Fooses Lake. CBI allowed him to assert that a few times until they refuted the hike in his July interview. Barry was told that he was driving in Salida that afternoon, asking "Tim Backhoe" to purchase a backhoe attachment for his Bobcat.
You are always great with these details thank you!

I missed that point that he didn't say they hiked from the beginning, it was only later that he said that because the truck showed him being in town.

So was he trying to give himself a reason for being at Fooses because he possibly lost something up that way or was worried they would find something in their searching that showed they were up there?

Was he trying to hide the fact he went to get the backhoe attachment replaced?

Or both?

It's just so disheartening to read paragraph after paragraph of lies, and know that there are people out there who actually believe him.

Stories changing to match the evidence, flat out lies, exaggerations, and "I don't recalls."

It's stunning.
I watched a show on Michael Peterson a few days ago and it was really disturbing how arrogant he is. When I think of Barry, I see a lot of that, maybe not quiet as much publicly displaying himself like Michael did, but just believing people will believe your story and he did get away with it. He killed 2 wives and only after the second went missing did they exhume the first one and change her COD to homicide. In that show it also mentions Michael tried to hire someone in prison to kill the prosecutor in his case. I mean it's just almost unbelievable how dumb these guys can be thinking they can get away with things like this. I can only hope Barry will mess up again and do or say something that shows what he has done. I hope that mess up isn't killing someone else.

I watched a show on Michael Peterson a few days ago and it was really disturbing how arrogant he is. When I think of Barry, I see a lot of that, maybe not quiet as much publicly displaying himself like Michael did, but just believing people will believe your story and he did get away with it. He killed 2 wives and only after the second went missing did they exhume the first one and change her COD to homicide. In that show it also mentions Michael tried to hire someone in prison to kill the prosecutor in his case. I mean it's just almost unbelievable how dumb these guys can be thinking they can get away with things like this. I can only hope Barry will mess up again and do or say something that shows what he has done. I hope that mess up isn't killing someone else.
By any chance did you mean Drew Peterson?

Surprisingly, what seems to be consistently underplayed here is that SM had her bike serviced by the bike shop only a few days earlier-- providing for mixed DNA or other profiles all over her bike, but this idea of BM's DNA not profiled, is somehow weird. JMO

View attachment 351653

I agree the absence of Barry's DNA where it would be expected is puzzling. And I don't think it had anything to do with "cleaning" since other DNA is present. If something were "cleaned" other DNA would also be cleaned I would think.

Yes. Michael Petersen killed his wife on the East Coast right? Drew Peterson is the arrogant ex cop.
And don’t forget Scott.
I know. It makes me feel bad for innocent men named Peterson.
FWIW, I think Michael is a jerk but innocent of murder. But yes, Kathleen Peterson's death was in North Carolina.

I know. It makes me feel bad for innocent men named Peterson.
FWIW, I think Michael is a jerk but innocent of murder. But yes, Kathleen Peterson's death was in North Carolina.
There is one thing about Michael Peterson that does remind me of BM and/or this case and it's how he seemingly manipulated his children for both their support and appearance at his hearings! And even if innocent of killing Kathleen -- his manipulation was so evident to me. (As viewed in the first and subsequent documentaries). MOO

Seriously? Why would Speeze et. al, make this up? To be clear, including this info from the investigators in the Motion of the People for Dismissal wasn't required for the Court to grant the motion. This idea of a "made-up story" is really getting old. MOO
I doubt they made it up completely, but it was helpful to their motion to dismiss IMO.

The case was dismissed close enough to trial that Barry now has a possible 6th Amendment defense if and when the prosecution decides to refile. He can claim that the dismissal and refiling is essentially a prosecution-created delay in the case and has violated his right to a speedy trial.

Colorado uses a 4-factor test to determine whether that right has been violated. One of the factors is "the reasons for the delay." The prosecution will be in a much stronger position to argue that there isn't a 6th Amendment violation if the main reason for the delay is further investigation of the case rather than sanctions imposed due to the prosecution's own misconduct.

That's why the very first paragraph of the argument section of the DA's motion to dismiss is devoted to discussing the search as a good faith reason for dismissal. And it's why they cite Colorado Supreme Court cases saying that dismissing a case to allow further investigation is in keeping with the prosecutor's duty to seek justice.

^^rsbm

Nope. Not the blade replacement at DSi -- BM's on surveillance there, his phone placed him there-- and we know when he arrived and when he left.
I meant to LE in the first interviews, he didn't mention that he did that on that Saturday until LE told him he did. He said he was hiking with Suzanne, sharing veggie soup, and spending the day together, the "perfect night". I was questioning why didn't he immediately say, I worked, went home, then left to get the blade changed, then returned? How does a man forget he did that when we know his Bobcat is his life. He didn't forget, he didn't want to mention it early on for some reason.

By any chance did you mean Drew Peterson?
No, Drew killed his wife Lacey in California. Michael killed his third wife (well they were divorced at the time he killed her and he was already married to wife #4) and made it look like an accident. IT was initially ruled an accident. Then his 4th wife went missing, but before that she confided in her pastor that Michael had killed the 3rd wife. Michael was a LE officer at the time and I think they didn't look at him thoroughly enough based on that. He had reasons to do it and he was so cocky. Laughing in the media, talking to media and making light of all of it. It was absolutely gross. His 4th wife has never been found. He then tried to hire a man in prison to kill the prosecutor (that have that recorded)

There is one thing about Michael Peterson that does remind me of BM and/or this case and it's how he seemingly manipulated his children for both their support and appearance at his hearings! And even if innocent of killing Kathleen -- his manipulation was so evident to me. (As viewed in the first and subsequent documentaries). MOO
The show I watched had his oldest son being interviewed and the sister of his 4th wife. His son is raising all of Michaels children (4 younger ones I believe it is) and he did admit he thinks his dad likely did do it. I think for children of these manipulative people, it's hard. Maybe he felt at the time of trial he was innocent, but when dad is recorded trying to hire a hit man from prison, it's hard to refute that something is wrong. I hope Barry's children come around to see that he was abusive and if he is still behaving like he was when Suzanne was alive, he is abusive in his interactions with them as well.

No, Drew killed his wife Lacey in California. Michael killed his third wife (well they were divorced at the time he killed her and he was already married to wife #4) and made it look like an accident. IT was initially ruled an accident. Then his 4th wife went missing, but before that she confided in her pastor that Michael had killed the 3rd wife. Michael was a LE officer at the time and I think they didn't look at him thoroughly enough based on that. He had reasons to do it and he was so cocky. Laughing in the media, talking to media and making light of all of it. It was absolutely gross. His 4th wife has never been found. He then tried to hire a man in prison to kill the prosecutor (that have that recorded)
ugh now I can't edit this one. Sorry you are right! Scott killed Lacey, Drew is the one I was referring to killing his 3rd wife! Michael is the other one with the staircase!

There are a lot of Petersons up to no good!

I agree the absence of Barry's DNA where it would be expected is puzzling. And I don't think it had anything to do with "cleaning" since other DNA is present. If something were "cleaned" other DNA would also be cleaned I would think.
The only thing I can think is maybe the bike shop cleaned it because COVID was a big deal in May 2020 and I recall Colorado being one of the first states to really shut things down. So I wonder if the bike was cleaned and the DNA on the bike could be from someone at the shop working on it and Barry used gloves or if he didn't use gloves maybe he grabbed a towel and tried to wipe real quick and missed some spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass