Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought I had after reading the PCA on the Delphi case. There was an unspent bullet shell round found at the murder scene.

There was an unspent .22 cal round found in the Suzanne's bedroom. Considering the lack of any evidence of a murder at the Morphew home, I'm starting to wonder if bM took Suzanne out of the home at gunpoint and took her to a place he had already set up to murder her. It would explain a lot of things or lack of things found at the residence. He could have marched her up into the hills to a kill site instead of carrying her there after the fact like a lot of people thought. He definitely had the time to do so. Again, just throwing this out there.

Wow. 2 1/2 years. Cold as ice due to incompetent politicized police work and battling egos (Cahill lead investigator for CBI gets a call from IE the night before his PH testimony- didn't even know that was legal-then testifies for the defense. ), judges error in decisions and highly unusual sanctions ( Murphy incorrectly saying partial match ( no such thing) DNA matters and granting bail, Llama gutting the DA case for discovery violations which are common then retiring). DA backed into corner with judges decisions and her lack of ability to present a concise clear case. Even after all these missteps and errors, I have faith the case will get solved someday.ALL MY OPINION

Wow. 2 1/2 years. Cold as ice due to incompetent politicized police work and battling egos (Cahill lead investigator for CBI gets a call from IE the night before his PH testimony- didn't even know that was legal-then testifies for the defense. ), judges error in decisions and highly unusual sanctions ( Murphy incorrectly saying partial match ( no such thing) DNA matters and granting bail, Llama gutting the DA case for discovery violations which are common then retiring). DA backed into corner with judges decisions and her lack of ability to present a concise clear case. Even after all these missteps and errors, I have faith the case will get solved someday.ALL MY OPINION
Im with you, Mountain Dad. Patiently waiting and checking in for new news every day.

Just a thought I had after reading the PCA on the Delphi case. There was an unspent bullet shell round found at the murder scene.

There was an unspent .22 cal round found in the Suzanne's bedroom. Considering the lack of any evidence of a murder at the Morphew home, I'm starting to wonder if bM took Suzanne out of the home at gunpoint and took her to a place he had already set up to murder her. It would explain a lot of things or lack of things found at the residence. He could have marched her up into the hills to a kill site instead of carrying her there after the fact like a lot of people thought. He definitely had the time to do so. Again, just throwing this out there.
You may well be right. However, I have always pictured Barry really losing it on discovering Suzanne's "goings on" with someone other than himself. So in that scenario I can't really see him waiting even an extra second for his angry revenge.

You may well be right. However, I have always pictured Barry really losing it on discovering Suzanne's "goings on" with someone other than himself. So in that scenario I can't really see him waiting even an extra second for his angry revenge.
Sometimes my thoughts were: Perhaps he had reason to fear Suzanne, the more she isolated herself from him, lover or not. Maybe, she had knowledge of something and it became dangerous only, since she wanted to separate.

If he had a cartridge chambered in the weapon he used to dart Suzanne, perhaps in the same way he pocketed the syringe sheath, he pocketed the unspent cartridge when he unloaded the makeshift weapon to load the dart.

And both parts fell out if his pocket, one in the bedroom, one in the laundry.

JMO

If he had a cartridge chambered in the weapon he used to dart Suzanne, perhaps in the same way he pocketed the syringe sheath, he pocketed the unspent cartridge when he unloaded the makeshift weapon to load the dart.

And both parts fell out if his pocket, one in the bedroom, one in the laundry.

JMO
Why does an unfired bullet reminds me of some other crime, some states away.

Just putting this here for now.
Please be kind--it probably is not Suzanne, HOWEVER
The place located is within driving distance and time frame
The missing Boot Lace-- wasn't there something about BM and his boots and laces ???
The coin purse?? possibility.

The other objects found don't mesh right now with me but we really don't know what was taken from home and we do know BM made SEVERAL Trash dumps so we don't know what may have been dumped elsewhere.

I guess I just keep praying she is found and any news of someone being found sends me looking for possibilities it might be Suzanne.

Far fetched== probably, but it's always worth a look, IMO

The missing Boot Lace-- wasn't there something about BM and his boots and laces ???

The other objects found don't mesh right now with me but we really don't know what was taken from home and we do know BM made SEVERAL Trash dumps so we don't know what may have been dumped elsewhere.

I guess I just keep praying she is found and any news of someone being found sends me looking for possibilities it might be Suzanne.

Def worth a look, but I’m sure that’s not going to be her, just based on the clothing.

Def worth a look, but I’m sure that’s not going to be her, just based on the clothing.
I thought the same thing--clothes don't match up, but... you never know.
I try to stay hopeful she will be found and like to look at all possibilities :)

I think I am on first name basis with most of the MEs and Coroners in and around Hermosa CA with calls about Mike Vanzandt--- any unidentified males that I come across and any they happen to get, I will call them or they call me.

I am a hopeful person and not shy about calling and asking, much to the dismay of my family (with the not shy part LOL )

Last edited:
I try to stay hopeful she will be found and like to look at all possibilities :)

I think I am on first name basis with most of the MEs and Coroners in and around Hermosa CA with calls about Mike Vanzandt--- any unidentified males that I come across and any they happen to get, I will call them or they call me.

I am a hopeful person and not shy about calling and asking, much to the dismay of my family (with the not shy part LOL )
Hahahahah. Nothing wrong with that.

Rye is located about 30 miles Southwest of Pueblo. I always think of Kelsey Berreth when I read about Pueblo County because she worked near the Pueblo Memorial Airport which is located East of the town.

I had to look it up but "Faded Glory" is a brand that Walmart started phasing out in 2018.

The victim could be local and I also wonder if she could be one of the girls missing from the San Luis Valley (Los Sauces Murders). One of the four murderers, Francisco Ramirez (an associate of Adre "Psycho" Baroz), was first arrested in Pueblo Dec 2020 for unrelated drug charges.

Suspect arrested in Pueblo may be tied to grisly San Luis Valley mutilations

I have a feeling that Barry shakes in his custom-made rattlesnake skin boots each time an announcement that a body or skelton has been discovered near his haunting grounds in Colorado.

Oh, ye of great faith, to have found a shoelace belonging to either the victim or the accused would be big news!

Rye is located about 30 miles Southwest of Pueblo. I always think of Kelsey Berreth when I read about Pueblo County because she worked near the Pueblo Memorial Airport which is located East of the town.

I had to look it up but "Faded Glory" is a brand that Walmart started phasing out in 2018.

The victim could be local and I also wonder if she could be one of the girls missing from the San Luis Valley (Los Sauces Murders). One of the four murderers, Francisco Ramirez (an associate of Adre "Psycho" Baroz), was first arrested in Pueblo Dec 2020 for unrelated drug charges.

I saw the story about Rye on my local news earlier ( Colorado Springs) and immediately thought of Suzanne. Mainly because of the proximity to Salida.

When I hear about Pueblo I also think of Kelsie Schelling who sadly has never been found. She went missing in February 2013 so the coat and boots would fit for that time of year. Highly doubt it’s her though.

Thinking of all the families missing loved ones especially this time of year.

Faded Glory is a Walmart brand. I don't think that jives with the Morphews. MOO.

I’ve been following Mike’s case since I moved to that area a few years ago. Such a strange mystery! I just noticed there is an episode about his case on “Disappeared!” I’m going to check out.

Yes, Kelsey Berreth. Rye seems somehow known to me, but why?

He could have buried her with fake clothing nearby, cunning as he seems to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member