Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it pretty much boils down to you either believe Barry was running around like a crazy person shooting at chipmunks as per his own words while his wife looked on/sunbathed/whatever.

Or, Barry was running around killing Suzanne, who happened to want out of the marriage and was having an affair, and who since that PRECISE time has never been or heard of since.

Which in my opinion has no bearing on whether it’s normal practice locally to shoot chipmunks indiscriminately either!

It’s not a toughie, IMO.

Exactly this.

[…]

May 10 will mark three years since Suzanne Morphew was reported missing. May 13, locals will hold a memorial for her at the Poncha Springs Town Hall. Through the months, Melinda Moorman Balzer has learned she has no control over her sister’s return.

“Everything is in God’s time, not my time,” she said. “So we wait.”

No it was not.
Pool had not been chlorinated in quite some time, in fact.

• The hotel has confirmed that they do not use chlorine to clean guest rooms and that the hotel pool was closed at the time of Morphew’s visit

Suzanne Morphew's husband left Denver hotel, contractor ...

View attachment 416438
FOX21 News Colorado
https://www.fox21news.com › top-stories › suzanne-m...

2 Sept 2020 — The motel confirmed the pool is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. A manager also said they do not use chlorine to clean their rooms,
Can the Prosecution refile this case and have BM indicted by a Grand Jury? Even though her body hasn't been found, I have no problem believing BM is guilty.

I wish we could listen in on that phone call between Cahill and IE.

Something smells fishier than a Friday during Lent.

Jmo
Lol. I was surprised to hear it was legal. I would love to know which DNA markers "matched"(according to Cahill) an unknown sex offender in another state. If I had to guess both males- so consider it a partial match.

How is Hurlbert supposed to counter and button up this testimony, when IMO, it is fabricated has nothing to do with this case? I would prefer a judge keep the PH on track by only allowing testimony associated with Suzannes disappearance. Not day one on her affair. Day 2 state of marriage. Day 3 evidence against Barry. Day 4- look over there A sex offender partial DNA in a glove box.

Murphy listened to the PH and found three possibilities. Barry did it and hid her body. Suzanne ran off. Or soddi.

Like other posters have stated. If SODDI, why was the bike staged? Why the fake alibi? Why is Barry up all night? Why the cell and truck data? Trash runs?marriage lie?

Can the Prosecution refile this case and have BM indicted by a Grand Jury? Even though her body hasn't been found, I have no problem believing BM is guilty.
The prosecutor doesn’t need a grand jury since they can at anytime file new charges and get an arrest warrant.
But if they do that, won't there be another Preliminary Hearing? The defense attorney could yet again manipulate it with nonsense such as the DNA evidence and pool chlorine.

JMO
Nonsense? Defense can counter whatever testimony gets put up. The conversation LE had with the hotel manager is in the record. What can’t come in is hearsay. So just because the Daily Fail says the pool was empty, the hotel manager told LE it was full. Now if prosecution wants to find the employee who told the media it was empty, defense will just put up the hotel manager who is on record as saying the pool was full and sometimes guests complained about that room. In my opinion any second trial is going to be heavily fact based and first hand based and less like the AA or the bungled preliminary.

The prosecutor doesn’t need a grand jury since they can at anytime file new charges and get an arrest warrant.

Nonsense? Defense can counter whatever testimony gets put up. The conversation LE had with the hotel manager is in the record. What can’t come in is hearsay. So just because the Daily Fail says the pool was empty, the hotel manager told LE it was full. Now if prosecution wants to find the employee who told the media it was empty, defense will just put up the hotel manager who is on record as saying the pool was full and sometimes guests complained about that room. In my opinion any second trial is going to be heavily fact based and first hand based and less like the AA or the bungled preliminary.
Defense doesn't take part in a Grand Jury proceeding.

JMO

Defense doesn't take part in a Grand Jury proceeding.

JMO
Pursuant to Colo. R. Crim. P. 6, As amended through Rule Change 2023(6), effective March 23, 2023, seems a Judge could very well make this decision for BM to be indicted by a grand jury.

Interesting questions and thoughts.

When is the last time Sheriff Spezee made a statement about this case?

What's going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to that could make IE nervous?
Good questions. Not sure about behind the scenes, but maybe externally, there is lots of pressure from SM's loved ones and public outrage that the charges against BM's were dismissed?

I, for one, followed the case of Suzanne's disappearance up until the time of his trial, and unfortunately had to step away for awhile.

When I came back I literally gasped out loud and thought it was a typo in Suzanne's thread title that charges against BM were dismissed, and without prejudice o_O:mad::eek:

JMO

Good questions. Not sure about behind the scenes, but maybe externally, there is lots of pressure from SM's loved ones and public outrage that the charges against BM's were dismissed?

I, for one, followed the case of Suzanne's disappearance up until the time of his trial, and unfortunately had to step away for awhile.

When I came back I literally gasped out loud and thought it was a typo in Suzanne's thread title that charges against BM were dismissed, and without prejudice o_O:mad::eek:

JMO
It was the prosecution who asked that the charges be dropped. What's going on behind the scenes may be LE has found her remains. BM's attorney said she doesn't think charges would ever be re-filed. I think she's getting very nervous. JMO

My point is that a grand jury indictment means there won't be a preliminary hearing. He'll sit in jail until trial.
While only a small number of prosecutions in Colorado state courts are initiated through the use of a grand jury, I don't think indictment by a grand jury prevents the court from determining or denying bail. JMO

4/18/23

Complaint against 11th Judicial DA’s Office in Morphew caseDownload

Eytan also claimed the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation worked with Stanley’s office to conceal evidence, specifically DNA evidence found in Suzanne’s car that didn’t match Barry Morphews. Eytan said that evidence was hidden from the court.

Jessica Yates, the executive director for the counsel, confirmed with FOX31 her office did receive the complaint and will investigate it.

See news link above for 83 pg complaint by Eytan.

While only a small number of prosecutions in Colorado state courts are initiated through the use of a grand jury, I don't think indictment by a grand jury prevents the court from determining or denying bail. JMO
I thought a murder charge in Colorado prevents bail? Did Patrick Frazee get to post bond? This case reminds me so much of Kelsey Berreth's disappearance.

I thought a murder charge in Colorado prevents bail? Did Patrick Frazee get to post bond? This case reminds me so much of Kelsey Berreth's disappearance.
Per the Colorado Constitution, the only exception for a defendant charged with murder-1 to be eligible for bail is if the prosecutor fails to prove "proof evident."

Unlike Frazee's case, the prosecutor failed here, and BM was granted bond release.

4/18/23

Complaint against 11th Judicial DA’s Office in Morphew caseDownload

Eytan also claimed the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation worked with Stanley’s office to conceal evidence, specifically DNA evidence found in Suzanne’s car that didn’t match Barry Morphews. Eytan said that evidence was hidden from the court.

Jessica Yates, the executive director for the counsel, confirmed with FOX31 her office did receive the complaint and will investigate it.

See news link above for 83 pg complaint by Eytan.
She obviously has some kind of agenda of influencing public opinion.

Wasn't Eytan the attorney for Krystal Kenney, who helped Patrick Frazee clean the murder scene and burn Kelsey's body? That was a very high-profile investigation and trial.

And then a couple of months after the verdict, SM disappeared in Colorado and has never been found? I'm not a big believer in coincidences.

Per the Colorado Constitution, the only exception for a defendant charged with murder-1 to be eligible for bail is if the prosecutor fails to prove "proof evident."

Unlike Frazee's case, the prosecutor failed here, and BM was granted bond release.

According to Etyin's complaint in your link, BM was arrested May 2021 and was held without bond until Sept. 2021.

On August 24, 2021, at the conclusion of the preliminary hearing, the Court set oral argument and ruling for September 17, 2021. Mr. Morphew continued to be held without bail until September 17, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay