Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not up to me to determine Barry’s guilt or innocent. That is the justice systems job. He is without doubt a prime suspect. I have no idea if SM is deceased. I assume so but again there is very little evidence that she is deceased right now.
The dead don't talk, maybe that is why there is no evidence of life from her.
A determination is not the same as a discussion.
Morphew has nothing going for him IMO.
What is your opinion.
I'm not challenging you , I am merely trying to understand.
I am open to your view because I have no irons in this fire political or otherwise.

I saw a hard working PD making every effort to solve this case.
I saw a hard working prosecution bringing charges.
A comprehensive AA, not a 'tabloid' though Disappointing Iris labelled it as such.

Suzanne had a life, a future, looks and personality , she was known for loving kindness.
I'm not so deluded that I believe that a prosecution will restore any of her rights autonomy or life but a failure to prosecute is an insult to life itself.

Faction?
Do you believe Barry is innocent?
Do you believe Suzanne is dead?
I'm trying to understand so we can have this conversation.

Those cops worked damn hard following her departure, they did everything they could to find her.
They knew because they are there and they saw it first hand.
Not up to me to determine Barry’s guilt or innocent. That is the justice systems job. He is without doubt a prime suspect. I have no idea if SM is deceased. I assume so but again there is very little evidence that she is deceased right now
The dead don't talk, maybe that is why there is no evidence of life from her.
A determination is not the same as a discussion.
Morphew has nothing going for him IMO.
What is your opinion.
I'm not challenging you , I am merely trying to understand.
I am open to your view because I have no irons in this fire political or otherwise.

I saw a hard working PD making every effort to solve this case.
I saw a hard working prosecution bringing charges.
A comprehensive AA, not a 'tabloid' though Disappointing Iris labelled it as such.

Suzanne had a life, a future, looks and personality , she was known for loving kindness.
I'm not so deluded that I believe that a prosecution will restore any of her rights autonomy or life but a failure to prosecute is an insult to life itself.
my biggest complaint from years ago is that the AA contained hearsay and information that would be inadmissable in court. Judge Murphy warned prosecution ahead of thae preliminary. Opinions got formulated based on some of that info but as the facts started to dribble out in the preliminary and hearings I could see foundational weaknesses in the prosecution case and avenues for the defense. I will always believe if they had delayed the arrest and got their case buttoned up they may have succeeded. But instead prosecution fumbled around on some factual evidence once they realized their speculation about sequencing was off. There are so many open ended questions still. If I were to speculate which I am loath to do I have said repeatedly that Barry may genuinely not know where his wife and leaving for Broomfield a day earlier than planned may play a roll… but again that is a tiny bit of all the utter speculation in this case. I feel like I could literally argue both sides of this case some days. But there is zero shadow of a doubt that the case got botched by the prosecution and both judges gave prosecution a fair amount of leeway before they no longer could which just ramped up defense’s ire. It is interesting to find out that the prosecution issues are related to more than just the Morphew case and is an ongoing issue.

Not up to me to determine Barry’s guilt or innocent. That is the justice systems job. He is without doubt a prime suspect. I have no idea if SM is deceased. I assume so but again there is very little evidence that she is deceased right now

my biggest complaint from years ago is that the AA contained hearsay and information that would be inadmissable in court. Judge Murphy warned prosecution ahead of thae preliminary. Opinions got formulated based on some of that info but as the facts started to dribble out in the preliminary and hearings I could see foundational weaknesses in the prosecution case and avenues for the defense. I will always believe if they had delayed the arrest and got their case buttoned up they may have succeeded. But instead prosecution fumbled around on some factual evidence once they realized their speculation about sequencing was off. There are so many open ended questions still. If I were to speculate which I am loath to do I have said repeatedly that Barry may genuinely not know where his wife and leaving for Broomfield a day earlier than planned may play a roll… but again that is a tiny bit of all the utter speculation in this case. I feel like I could literally argue both sides of this case some days. But there is zero shadow of a doubt that the case got botched by the prosecution and both judges gave prosecution a fair amount of leeway before they no longer could which just ramped up defense’s ire. It is interesting to find out that the prosecution issues are related to more than just the Morphew case and is an ongoing issue.
Which parts do you mean regarding hearsay?
I'm not even referring to the rumours about the prosecution , presented as fact.
The source of complaints about all else is the same and though I have not studied the other cases in detail, I'm disinclined to take them on board.

What specifically could the prosecution have done better to button case up in a no body case?
Cases have been won on circumstantial evidence in the past, with and without bodies.
What would another police force have done better?
What could a prosecution have done better?

This case had attracted world publicity from the outset, Disappointing Iris is laying that on the AA when it was always there.

i'm trying to see a way to argue both ways but BM had motive, history, god-complex and attitude enough to become a prime suspect almost immediately sans bleach or anything else. That and his hypocritical declarations of love for Suzanne when he was happily having a relationship with another woman, not his first, if the tapes are to be believed.
What has he got going for him?

It's interesting that you're not even sure whether SM is dead, but yet you're sure the prosecution is guilty of significant wrongdoing.
The prosecution issues are very well documented through the hearings and available for review. They are Also summarized and notated in IE’s regulatory complaint. It is well worth understanding the role the prosecution played in this case in my opinion for those that genuinely want to understand how it fell apart just days before the jury was summoned.

Affairs.

It’s not uncommon, imo, for the spouse who is in fact having an affair to accuse the other spouse of doing the same, with no evidence of an affair actually happening. They are projecting what they feel guilty about.

I’ve always thought SM’s spy pen was not to catch Barry cheating, but it was to find out if he knew about her affair. I do think she was paranoid about it & what he knew.

IIRC LE said there was no evidence of BM having an affair. I think he gave himself permission after LE told him about SM’s affair to start a relationship with whatever her name is.

The Morphew marriage was a mess. I believe it all came out that night, imploded. Exactly what happened, I’m still not sure. imo

I actually think Barry as bully would be a losing prosecution tactic but I am aware that there is a faction of people that think that is the way forward.
Domestic abuse victims aren't just bullied, they are totally controlled by a toxic narcissist who never accepts responsibility for his actions. His motive for murdering his wife is as old as time: control and greed. He didn't want to split the value of their assets in a divorce.

JMO

BBM. There is ZERO evidence SM is alive.

JMO

Affairs.

It’s not uncommon, imo, for the spouse who is in fact having an affair to accuse the other spouse of doing the same, with no evidence of an affair actually happening. They are projecting what they feel guilty about.

I’ve always thought SM’s spy pen was not to catch Barry cheating, but it was to find out if he knew about her affair. I do think she was paranoid about it & what he knew.

IIRC LE said there was no evidence of BM having an affair. I think he gave himself permission after LE told him about SM’s affair to start a relationship with whatever her name is.

The Morphew marriage was a mess. I believe it all came out that night, imploded. Exactly what happened, I’m still not sure. imo
Friends and family, however, later revealed to investigators that the couple was having marital problems—including Suzanne’s belief Morphew was having an affair, leading to the use of the spy pen.

BBM. There is ZERO evidence SM is alive.

JMO
No activity on any platforms: banking, bill paying, social media, etc. and zero contact with anyone, ever (siblings, daughters, church friends, boy friend, etc.) since that fateful day. If that's not evidence that someone most likely ceased to exist on that day, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Friends and family, however, later revealed to investigators that the couple was having marital problems—including Suzanne’s belief Morphew was having an affair, leading to the use of the spy pen.

I know that’s what was stated, but I don’t believe that to be necessarily true as to the reason SM used the recording device. imo

She also recorded her own conversation with JL, which was intentional, imo, and odd.

Affairs.

I think what imploded is that, for decades, BM had all the power.... and Suzanne reclaimed some of her old self through an affair. And it emboldened her. IMO Barry reacted to her boldness and grew suspect. I think two things happened in very close proximity -- Suzanne confronted Barry about something with which she finally had tangible proof AND Barry caught her essentially in the act -- courtesy of his mini camera. So he took matters into his own hands. And loaded up two tranquilizers darts.

Why do I think that? Because he copped to two and exactly two -- near the breezeway. That's pretty specific. So his sawing antlers off doped deer. Pretty specific and patently ludicrous.

And IF Barry didn't tranquilize his wife that weekend, for what reason would he suddenly just then dispose of all his dart material? Colorado was suddenly out of deer and antlers?

Or he had something to hide.

Like his wife and how he killed her.

Jmo

Last edited:
I think what imploded is that, for decades, BM had all the power.... and Suzanne reclaimed some of her old self through an affair. And it emboldened her. IMO Barry reacted to her boldness and grew suspect. I think two things happened in very close proximity -- Suzanne confronted Barry about something with which she finally had tangible proof AND Barry caught her essentially in the act -- courtesy of his mini camera. So he took matters into his own hands. And loaded up two tranquilizers darts.

Why do I think that? Because he copped to two and exactly two -- near the breezeway. That's pretty specific. So his sawing antlers off doped deer. Pretty specific and patently ludicrous.

And IF Barry didn't tranquilize his wife that weekend, for what reason would he suddenly just then dispose of all his dart material? Colorado was suddenly out of deer and antlers?

Or he had something to hide.

Like his wife and how he killed her.

Jmo

BBM. I think BM had all the control, including over their finances and Suzanne discovered problems and confronted him. jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member