Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only incident I recall is after the Judge dismissed the case without prejudice at the Prosecution request, IE had a little press conference outside in front of the Courthouse and she got really nasty when LS asked at question.

At 3:04

I personally feel that it was LS choice to leave her job at Fox 21 in Colorado Springs for a job in Denver. She had recently become a newlywed so perhaps his job is up there. Just speculation on my part.

Her signing off on 9/03/2022

New job at a school district:

Lauren will never stop advocating for SM.
She’s never forgotten Gannon, either and makes heartfelt posts on his birthday.
Thank you.
There was an incident in the actual courtroom whereby one of his relatives said something awful to Lauren, I remember commenting on it at the time, might have been the first day?

This is more of the same because Lauren immediately tweeted it though she was pretty shocked.

I'm very glad it didn't contribute to her departure from her job. Thanks a lot

Gee, she tagged Linda Stanley on every email!

I think she is actually terrified of LS.
She is so out of line, mega vexatious.
She's been actively undermining the process..
The Courts simply must act to sanction her.

It's even worse than I remembered..

I
Thank you.
There was an incident in the actual courtroom whereby one of his relatives said something awful to Lauren, I remember commenting on it at the time, might have been the first day?

This is more of the same because Lauren immediately tweeted it though she was pretty shocked.

I'm very glad it didn't contribute to her departure from her job. Thanks a lot
I had forgotten about that incident. It was on the first day of his preliminary hearings. One of BM’s sisters walked up to LS outside the courtroom and told her that she had single handedly destroyed her family.

JMO

The only incident I recall is after the Judge dismissed the case without prejudice at the Prosecution request, IE had a little press conference outside in front of the Courthouse and she got really nasty when LS asked at question.

At 3:04

Wow! Such fake outrage. Defending a killer must eat at one's well being.

(SALIDA, Colo.) — It’s been three years since one Colorado mother, Suzanne Morphew, went missing, but, many people are not ready to give up yet.

A remembrance ceremony was held on Saturday, May 13, near Morphew’s hometown of Salida. There, the community is aiming to keep the memory of her alive while also continuing to call for justice. Around 25 people showed up to the ceremony that was held at the Poncha Town Hall.

“The case was just put on the cold case. Just because it’s put on the cold case, doesn’t mean that we’re going to stop,” said Tisha Leewaye, the organizer of Morphew’s remembrance ceremony.

Morphew was last seen on Mother’s Day, May 10, of 2020, in her hometown of Salida.

“She remains the victim of this crime until justice is served for her, and for the community in which she lived,” said Balzer.

The group released butterflies in Morphew’s honor, and in hopes that justice will one day be served. The envelopes that held the monarch butterflies read #shinebrightforSuzanne.

“Like the butterflies being released in memory of my sister, may they remind us that transformation, freedom, and change are possible as we wait and hope for justice and shine bright for Suzanne. I love you Suzanne, your sis, Melinda,” said Balzar, at the end of her audio message.

Putting feelings aside none of them live in Salida nor does the Moorman family so not surprised no one made the trip from either side. If the media would have caught wind either side’s family were there it would have been a circus in my opinion.

Usually the point is to try to get media coverage for the case.

Putting feelings aside none of them live in Salida nor does the Moorman family so not surprised no one made the trip from either side. If the media would have caught wind either side’s family were there it would have been a circus in my opinion.
I guess they could have sent an audio message or something, like Suzanne’s sister did. Extraordinary really, that Suzanne’s husband and daughters wouldn’t participate in some way? (Maybe they did, I just didn’t read about it).

Although, with organisers making the point that they will continue seeking justice for Suzanne, perhaps it would have fallen a tad flat.

“Auntie Suzanne was, at her most free, the warmest person god ever believed life into,” Suzanne’s nephew, Chris Moorman, said. “She had an unassuming manner and an inviting smile that people trusted easily. I will forever miss Auntie Suzanne.”

“Now it’s really about finding justice, and who did this and where she is so she can have a proper burial if that’s what it’s gonna come down to,” Salida resident Tisha Leewaye said.

“I have a very specific request for each and every one of you who seek justice for Suzanne. Write Governor Polis asking him to personally use every means in his power to see that this crime does not go unpunished,” nephew Moorman said.

Lauren is truly lovely.
I can't remember what happened with her job, she used to be on Fox and something happened and I can't remember and I don't know if my browser is online?
@Seattle1 ?
I remember an incident in a court room.. but can't recall what happened subsequently.
I remember that. Barry's sister approached Lauren and told her she was ruining their lives. Yeah, sure. It was her own brother who ruined the lives of an entire family, Suzanne's.

Ed to add -- Lauren has always been an advocate for Suzanne. I don't think there is anything more she can do to keep Suzanne's spirit alive. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
^^rsbm

Be warned that BM and family are scheduled to appear on national TV on Monday (GMA) where I'm sure IE will be standing in the margin-- coaching them how to lie to the Public about how BM was stitched up, and how he's as innocent as the virgin snow on the peaks of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Might even result in some traffic here of misinformed supporters. :rolleyes:

Also wondering if there's a book deal being announced soon. Seems to me that until BM's convicted, there's nothing to stop BM from profiting from SM's demise. JMO
Wow! Another Morphew fam appearance on GMA. I recall they did an appearance last year about this same time on same TV show. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw Barry and the girls on GMA. The girls have basically matching hair now. It was jarring. All 3 of them basically stating it was a happy loving marriage, no troubles or fights, etc. Stepford wives came to mind. Or koolaid. GMA stated BM no longer lives in Colorado. Brief cameo appearance by IE and the other counsel. IE emphatically stating she knows BM is innocent, if LE would just look for Suzanne, etc. A must see imo. *eyeroll*
Poor Suzanne, I just can't believe it has been 3 years. So tragic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members