Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't recall reading this article previously.
Iris's comments about how Barry loves Suzanne - wondering what SD made of those comments? Bet that hurt, after all, she got herself all arrested for trespassing for Barry.

Also liked the comment about how NO neighbours reported a disturbance when Barry was running round after Chip 'n' Dale, shooting at them. Like one does.

Moo

Dammit --this fires me up! I'm so tired of the misleading headlines with this case (BM murder charges dismissed). Seeing that the June 28, 2023 MSM date, I took a double take to be sure I'd not missed something following another request for dismissal by IE during the hearing over records previously tagged inaccessible to the public, only to see this link was an updated article for the 48 Hours episode.

Dammit --this fires me up! I'm so tired of the misleading headlines with this case (BM murder charges dismissed). Seeing that the June 28, 2023 MSM date, I took a double take to be sure I'd not missed something following another request for dismissal by IE during the hearing over records previously tagged inaccessible to the public, only to see this link was an updated article for the 48 Hours episode.

Headline was what drew me in, split second of wait, what! Then saw June date, realised it wasnt what it was saying it was, and read through it.

Sorry to post it and it pee you off @Seattle1, not intended at all, I should have pointed out the egregious and misleading title x

Headline was what drew me in, split second of wait, what! Then saw June date, realised it wasnt what it was saying it was, and read through it.

Sorry to post it and it pee you off @Seattle1, not intended at all, I should have pointed out the egregious and misleading title x
No worries @Lyanna -- you didn't write it for CBS!

Didn't recall reading this article previously.
Iris's comments about how Barry loves Suzanne - wondering what SD made of those comments? Bet that hurt, after all, she got herself all arrested for trespassing for Barry.

Also liked the comment about how NO neighbours reported a disturbance when Barry was running round after Chip 'n' Dale, shooting at them. Like one does.

Moo
Of course no one heard a volley of gunshots because he wasn’t running around shooting chipmunks. Really I don’t think many people believed he was.

The Tale of the Chipmunk Tail

I wonder if we could overlay the digital analysis of Barry's path with the blueprint of PP. Might we see a 1:1 relationship, lining up with access points to the house? Including the appearance of running through walls, corresponding with the breezeway, in through the garage and out again, and through the house, including through a locked door?

Those chipmunks, they're everywhere.

(If Suzanne herself was running around, in a run for her life, scrambling to lock Barry out, how did he get in? He exited his truck awful fast, did he return to his truck at any point, to get the keys he might have left in the ignition? I don't recall how LE accessed the home... did MM2's bf have a key or know the code? To the house itself? Or just the garage?)

(Barry said he'd shot two deer in the breezeway, to saw their antlers off. Curiously, he didn't ever describe giving them the corresponding Rx to wake up safely. But in any event, he said two. I believe him. Not the deer part, but the two part. One loaded in a weapon. He did not manually tranq those imaginary deer! He all but admitted to having a weapon that could fire darts! So.... IMO he had a dart loaded in that never-recovered weapon and one in his pocket. IMO he was not able to get a bead on Suzanne, had to tear around the house to gain entry to it, had to barrel through the locked bedroom door to stop Suzanne from calling 911, and then restrained her in order to use the second dart, followed by about a seven-minute Baer hug, resulting in the gouges to his arms, Suzanne's last message.)

(I find it telling that, hike debunked, Barry never gave an accounting for Suzanne's movements between about 2 and 4 that day. Just later, the dinner and "she would have" maybe made a side dish, the one plate, the angry drinking but requisite loving. I don't think he wanted to tell anyone what Suzanne was doing, right about the time her digital life ceased forevermore.... because of what he was doing just then.)

If only he was only terrorizing just chipmunks.....

jmo

The Tale of the Chipmunk Tail

I wonder if we could overlay the digital analysis of Barry's path with the blueprint of PP. Might we see a 1:1 relationship, lining up with access points to the house? Including the appearance of running through walls, corresponding with the breezeway, in through the garage and out again, and through the house, including through a locked door?

Those chipmunks, they're everywhere.

(If Suzanne herself was running around, in a run for her life, scrambling to lock Barry out, how did he get in? He exited his truck awful fast, did he return to his truck at any point, to get the keys he might have left in the ignition? I don't recall how LE accessed the home... did MM2's bf have a key or know the code? To the house itself? Or just the garage?)

(Barry said he'd shot two deer in the breezeway, to saw their antlers off. Curiously, he didn't ever describe giving them the corresponding Rx to wake up safely. But in any event, he said two. I believe him. Not the deer part, but the two part. One loaded in a weapon. He did not manually tranq those imaginary deer! He all but admitted to having a weapon that could fire darts! So.... IMO he had a dart loaded in that never-recovered weapon and one in his pocket. IMO he was not able to get a bead on Suzanne, had to tear around the house to gain entry to it, had to barrel through the locked bedroom door to stop Suzanne from calling 911, and then restrained her in order to use the second dart, followed by about a seven-minute Baer hug, resulting in the gouges to his arms, Suzanne's last message.)

(I find it telling that, hike debunked, Barry never gave an accounting for Suzanne's movements between about 2 and 4 that day. Just later, the dinner and "she would have" maybe made a side dish, the one plate, the angry drinking but requisite loving. I don't think he wanted to tell anyone what Suzanne was doing, right about the time her digital life ceased forevermore.... because of what he was doing just then.)

If only he was only terrorizing just chipmunks.....

jmo
Barry was going to be home and Suzanne knew; it was no surprise. Allegedly she even had made a soup for their lunch. So, when he arrived: why did the situation suddenly get dicey at all? He could have returned home like every day (when they lived together), for appearances without any obvious discrepancy, until he had her caught. But that didn't happen. I think, he must have threatened her from the start, and she just had time enough to run away and lock herself in. Idiot, that he is. In this way it got more and more difficult with "the lively chipmunks", until "he had them all and counted 85". ---- Oh, Suzanne! If only the fight hadn't been so serious!

Barry was going to be home and Suzanne knew; it was no surprise. Allegedly she even had made a soup for their lunch. So, when he arrived: why did the situation suddenly get dicey at all? He could have returned home like every day (when they lived together), for appearances without any obvious discrepancy, until he had her caught. But that didn't happen. I think, he must have threatened her from the start, and she just had time enough to run away and lock herself in. Idiot, that he is. In this way it got more and more difficult with "the lively chipmunks", until "he had them all and counted 85". ---- Oh, Suzanne! If only the fight hadn't been so serious!
Point of clarification: I think that soup was already days old by then. I don't think they ate a drop of it on Saturday, Suzanne may have never gotten much past her half-a-cup of coffee that day...

Barry spent his lunchtime down below PP, likely disconnecting trail cams. He well knew that a tranqued doe is unpredictable, may stumble this way or that, before succumbing to sedation. He didn't want a record of that.

One can only wonder where Suzanne believed Barry to be during that pivotal time while she was sunbathing naughtily... undoubtedly she believed she was alone, with full privacy.

Until he disconnected his precious trail cams, we don't need to delude ourselves, we have every reason to believe at least one trail cam was positioned to monitor the hot tub. You member know when it'll be populated by local flora -- hot Salida girls -- something the Baer wouldn't want to miss. If the hot tub was under trail cam surveillance, we can be sure the patio area was also in view. We know from MG the Baer was monitoring his trail cams all morning.

He was watching Suzanne.

In real time.

Blood aboil.

JMO

I was in Salida once again last week. It was a beautiful day, but I could not enjoy it fully knowing that Suzanne is still missing. I felt tense as I left town, knowing that she is probably nearby but may never be found.

I have thought that as speculation also and expressed it long ago here and not so far-fetched considering all the speculative ideas. What better way to say you don't know where she is then to not know where she is. Doesn't mean anything related to the murder with the exception of help at the end.
"Accessories", I should think, do not oblige "pro bono"; I should hope money-movement has been exhaustively investigated by now. BM was, if not adept, certainly practiced at denarii-dodging. Yes?
Ergo, my conviction/opinion that this was BM, solo, in every respect.

Point of clarification: I think that soup was already days old by then. I don't think they ate a drop of it on Saturday, Suzanne may have never gotten much past her half-a-cup of coffee that day...

Barry spent his lunchtime down below PP, likely disconnecting trail cams. He well knew that a tranqued doe is unpredictable, may stumble this way or that, before succumbing to sedation. He didn't want a record of that.

One can only wonder where Suzanne believed Barry to be during that pivotal time while she was sunbathing naughtily... undoubtedly she believed she was alone, with full privacy.

Until he disconnected his precious trail cams, we don't need to delude ourselves, we have every reason to believe at least one trail cam was positioned to monitor the hot tub. You member know when it'll be populated by local flora -- hot Salida girls -- something the Baer wouldn't want to miss. If the hot tub was under trail cam surveillance, we can be sure the patio area was also in view. We know from MG the Baer was monitoring his trail cams all morning.

He was watching Suzanne.

In real time.

Blood aboil.

JMO
You are soo right! Must have been like that. (Populated by local flora - nice! And his only thinking besides MONEY, it seems.)
Why, oh why, do I remember always Indiana, a.l.w.a.y.s. My intuition and gut feeling is kind of monotonous, in this regard. Odd.

Been thinking....

Liars lie.

But the best liars lie with just enough truth to disguise the lie.

At some point, I think we can be agreed, BM had a syringe cap in his pocket. Why? He wasn't tranquilizing chipmunks. It wasn't likely in his pocket from weeks previous.

He didn't even say, of the sheath in the dryer, oh, my bad, I must have stuck that in my pocket when I was suddenly spring-cleaning my workbench, prior to my three hour trash odyssey.

Nope, instead, he lies about tranquilizing deer -- not one but two -- from the breezeway...

Of note, did he import 'breezeway' because that's his favorite, recent deerstand or did LE mention the syringe cap, found in the laundry and BM himself deduced in the laundry room, as opposed to in a machine?

Of note. BM said he tranquilized the deer... whadjadothatwith, BM? Running start and a manual dart? Or... didya have a weapon capable to firing a dart? Whatever came of that weapon, BM???? Accidentally throw it away, didya?

The missing miles. Maybe the missing miles had nothing to do with Suzanne! Maybe BM had a keepsake box! Multiple bags of trash, including Suzanne's things, earmarked for the landfill and maybe one fine bag of things he couldn't bear to part with. Like some guns, like the gun. Remember, without Suzanne, all he had was his guns and hunting. And since he was ridding himself of his wife, no way was he going to give up his calling, his lifeblood, his first love.

Did he drive a safe distance to pitch his favorites, so he could retrieve them later?

As to the trash odyssey, that's what I'm calling it now. Not for work, not for setting-up, BM's drive to Broomfield was nothing but a dumpster run.

Why there? He needed to be 3 hours away from Salida at 9am. Of course, only BM picked the 9am bike ride. Suzanne didn't. Suzanne wouldn't. Rookie mistake. Dulos made the same one. Constructed an alibi only for the key time, a tine only the killer could know!

I wonder how long it took him to replace his beloved coolers.

jmo

Last edited:
Been thinking....

Liars lie.

But the best liars lie with just enough truth to disguise the lie.

At some point, I think we can be agreed, BM had a syringe cap in his pocket. Why? He wasn't tranquilizing chipmunks. It wasn't likely in his pocket from weeks previous.

He didn't even say, of the sheath in the dryer, oh, my bad, I must have stuck that in my pocket when I was suddenly spring-cleaning my workbench, prior to my three hour trash odyssey.

Nope, instead, he lies about tranquilizing deer -- not one but two -- from the breezeway...

Of note, did he import 'breezeway' because that's his favorite, recent deerstand or did LE mention the syringe cap, found in the laundry and BM himself deduced in the laundry room, as opposed to in a machine?

Of note. BM said he tranquilized the deer... whadjadothatwith, BM? Running start and a manual dart? Or... didya have a weapon capable to firing a dart? Whatever came of that weapon, BM???? Accidentally throw it away, didya?

The missing miles. Maybe the missing miles had nothing to do with Suzanne! Maybe BM had a keepsake box! Multiple bags of trash, including Suzanne's things, earmarked for the landfill and maybe one fine bag of things he couldn't bear to part with. Like some guns, like the gun. Remember, without Suzanne, all he had was his guns and hunting. And since he was ridding himself of his wife, no way was he going to give up his calling, his lifeblood, his first love.

Did he drive a safe distance to pitch his favorites, so he could retrieve them later?

As to the trash odyssey, that's what I'm calling it now. Not for work, not for setting-up, BM's drive to Broomfield was nothing but a dumpster run.

Why there? He needed to be 3 hours away from Salida at 9am. Of course, only BM picked the 9am bike ride. Suzanne didn't. Suzanne wouldn't. Rookie mistake. Dulos made the same one. Constructed an alibi only for the key time, a tine only the killer could know!

I wonder how long it took him to replace his beloved coolers.

jmo
I have several doubts about the needle sheath being connected to Barry. The DNA was a daughter and Suzanne and Suzanne's health records have never been released. She very well could have been prescribed an injectable medication so it's a bit of a leap for me to equate a needle sheath with two people's DNA to Barry and his tranquilizer darts. I have my doubts if there is another trial that the needle sheath in the dryer will play a role and if it does they will have to do a better job of tying it to Barry's tranq darts and/or be prepared to prove that Suzanne was not on any injectible medication. I have to question it because a family member had to inject Neupogen (increases white blood cells) and at time Procrit (increases red blood cells) via syringe when undergoing cancer treatment. It is also unknown if she had a port that needed to be flushed and cleaned. Without knowing that I cannot make an immediate leap and assumption that the needle cover was connected to Barry. I would need to wait and see during a trial.

I have several doubts about the needle sheath being connected to Barry. The DNA was a daughter and Suzanne and Suzanne's health records have never been released. She very well could have been prescribed an injectable medication so it's a bit of a leap for me to equate a needle sheath with two people's DNA to Barry and his tranquilizer darts. I have my doubts if there is another trial that the needle sheath in the dryer will play a role and if it does they will have to do a better job of tying it to Barry's tranq darts and/or be prepared to prove that Suzanne was not on any injectible medication. I have to question it because a family member had to inject Neupogen (increases white blood cells) and at time Procrit (increases red blood cells) via syringe when undergoing cancer treatment. It is also unknown if she had a port that needed to be flushed and cleaned. Without knowing that I cannot make an immediate leap and assumption that the needle cover was connected to Barry. I would need to wait and see during a trial.

She very well could have. But Barry could have stated that, it would then have been confirmed to LE during their investigations and needle sheath would have little significance.
Except Barry didn't state that.
Instead he puts himself using tranquilizer darts, on the breezeway.

MOO

Unless the defence introduced any evidence to create a factual foundation for those theories they an be dismissed as far as trial goes.

The defence can't just speculate that SM had her own syringes for which the cap might match

Last edited:
If they were Suzanne's syringes, they wouldn't have been included in the AA.

Like @Lyanna said, if they were Suzanne's syringes, Barry wouldn't have fabricated a chipmunk tale.

Barry knew that syringe cap spelled trouble for him.

So he invented two deer to account for tranq paraphernalia near the breezeway/mudroom.

Worse for him still, after just admitting to the lesser crime, he copped to having a weapon capable of firing a tranq dart, having darts, having syringes and syringe caps, having illegal sedation, having reversing agents none of which were located at the house.

What a terrible coincidence that Mother's Day Weekend, the same weekend Suzanne's digital life died, the same weekend a sheath landed in the dryer, the same weekend Barry was on a tear, racing up the driveway and jumping out of his truck so abruptly he didn't even take the time to close the door, the same weekend he tore around the house (IMO trying in unrelenting rage to make entry) was the very same weekend he suddenly decided to dumpster it all, 3 hours away...

Barry lied because he had to.

Jmo

Quite apart from anything else, the defence has the witness who could have confirmed if it was SM's syringe cap - yet he never said anything in that direction in his pre arrest interviews

Maybe the defence would have been able to call a witness to confirm if SM was using syringes but personally I doubt they could stand this idea up seeing as how the defendant seemed to implicitly accept the syringe cap was in fact his

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor