Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a pleasant surprise. I really figured that SM would never be found. Figured he planted a tree over her. I'm so glad she has been found. Truly hope LE is keeping an eye on Barry. He's liable to take off for Canada or elsewhere.
Seriously if a sheet,bag,tape,anything is found with her remains that could be connected to her home..Shows over.
A kidnapper would not grab her off her bike then (right) go back to her house to get some kidnapper dumping materials.

MOO

LOL

NEW: Attorney representing Barry Morphew, releases a statement on behalf of her client

Barry was previously charged in the death of his wife Suzanne. Charges were later dropped. Today Suzanne’s remains were found

“From what we know, Barry is as innocent as he was from Day 1”

LOL. I think we can all agree on that. Just maybe not in the same way Iris intends.

They found her remains in town?
@gliving
Well, yes, per your linked release from the 12th Judicial District DA.

IIRC, official release from CBI said, near Moffat or in the Moffat area.

If remains were recovered WITHIN town limits (1.4 sq. mi.),* seems puzzling imo that remains were not discovered, just by ordinary ppl pop. 108, leading ordinary lives in Moffat. Or their hunter vistors passing thru. imo

I believe that video (if it’s the same one I saw) all the news sources are floating around is from that initial search where they dug up the concrete at one of his work sites.
I recall seeing that footage when the search for Suzanne Morphew began. It was close to where Barry Morphew had been working just before Suzanne went missing.

Random abductor/murderers typically do not go to great lengths to hide bodies, either. Often, they leave them where they killed them. JMHO.
I might believe she was actually on a bike ride and snatched off the bike (disregarding the evidence against Barry) if I hadn't been to this area many many times on vacation going all the way back to my childhood. This is a pretty....isolated area. What I mean is there isn't a lot of traffic or people. Everything is very wild and rural. Dirt roads. Very small towns so I just feel like it is extremely unlikely. Of course that area is growing fast like everywhere else, but it is just unbelievable to me that a random violent crime like this would happen out there.

I can’t imagine it’ll be anytime soon. They need to do it right this time. Just imagine how Barry is feeling right now. He’ll spend the next several months looking over his shoulder, wondering when they will come for him. I’m totally fine with that.
Well when you put it that way :D

Any thoughts on location? Mines or other interesting areas to hide a body? Why would he choose this area? Do you believe this was an accidental find?

Exactly!

An innocent man would be thanking them for finding her. HE would be demanding they find the person that did this to his wife. We shall see if he is happy she was found or if he's interested in justice for her. Should be interesting.
I am waiting for Barry's press conference, in which he states how happy he is to have SM returned to her loving family. And no, I dont want a statement prepared by his attorney. I want to hear Barry say it.

LOL

NEW: Attorney representing Barry Morphew, releases a statement on behalf of her client

Barry was previously charged in the death of his wife Suzanne. Charges were later dropped. Today Suzanne’s remains were found

Didn't the daughter's refuse to speak with detectives? Why would they want to hear this news from people they have no rapport with?

Of course the DA and LEO are expecting their own father to tell them.

I could see it being a little bit different if they built a good relationship during the process. But this is just silly.

My oh my, I think BM chose this area in Saguache County to bury SM for a couple of reasons -- first, the proximity to the Maysville and the phony bike ride but more importantly, I came across some info that Moffat and Crestone are Colorado Cannabis grow Districts.

Didn't BM's first throw up the MJ retailer as a suspect? That's going to be BM's defense! Not me, look over there!

9//21/18

Moffat didn't just approve Area 420: The town annexed land from Saguache County for the development — 420 acres, to be exact. Moffat residents hope that creating a concentration of pot businesses will bring new revenue to a town where the estimated household median income is less than $30,000. Potential tenants, meanwhile, hope Area 420 will reduce the cost of doing business that pot enterprises face in Denver and other Colorado communities already saturated with cannabis outfits.

5/4/23

Scattered along Highway 17 are greenhouses dedicated to the cultivation of marijuana, an industry that seemed to explode overnight after legalization of recreational use in 2012. The influx of cannabis growers to the San Luis Valley (SLV) has brought notable changes to our economy, population, landscape, and trajectory. The town of Moffat has seen these changes perhaps more than most with the arrival of one of the largest commercial cannabis farms in the state, Area 420.

Spanning 420 acres across from the highway, the Area 420 Cannabis Business Park attracts independent cannabis farmers from all over the world who run small operations at the location. Their plans as a collective are to become licensed for centralized distribution channels, and to be able to sell their product direct to market.

Zoned for licensed, commercial grows, marijuana-infused product laboratories, testing labs and research facilities, Area 420 is an attractive prospect for anyone in the industry. In fact, owners Mike Biggio and Whitney Justice report that 12% of all licenses in the state come from Area 420. They boast that production is a fraction of the cost of other locations in the state and country because of the natural sunlight, low excise taxes, and licenses authorized by town ordinance.

To Moffat’s Mayor Cassandra Foxx, “Area 420 is bringing nothing but good things to the community” as well as “possible solutions for the town.” Increased tax revenue from the business park is planned to help fund Moffat infrastructure, improve water and sewer systems, roads, and assist with plans for a geothermal power plant. The increased tax revenue for Moffat comes from a 2% marijuana excise tax and licensing fees. Growers also pay a 15% excise tax to the state of Colorado, which was approved by Moffat registered voters.

Allocating these funds to installing a water and sewer system for the town is a top priority for Mayor Foxx, who says they are “just at the beginning stages.” The town is currently collaborating with Biggio and Justice to improve Moffat’s multiple municipal wells by installing Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment approved distribution lines, chlorination systems, and wastewater treatment systems.

The town of Moffat and Area 420 owners are also collaborating to propose two 5-megawatt geothermal power plants for the area in attempts to solve energy problems. Grant money will be used to cover the exploratory portion for geothermal spots; once located, investors can begin building. Advocates urge that geothermal power could connect neighboring towns and SLV communities.

Seriously if a sheet,bag,tape,anything is found with her remains that could be connected to her home..Shows over.
A kidnapper would not grab her off her bike then (right) go back to her house to get some kidnapper dumping materials.

MOO
MOO no grabber is going to bury her. That means tools, work and time.

The Denver Gazette
From Denver Gazette article

[...]
Suzanne Morphew's remains have been found, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation announced Wednesday.
The 49-year-old's bones were found in a remote, dry desert field of sagebrush and natural grasses south of Moffat, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin. He said it appeared that the remains had been buried in a shallow grave before being scattered.

[...]

JMO

LOL

"From what we know, Barry is as innocent as he was from Day 1.

Wow. She didn't put a lot of thought into that sentence, did she?

Speculating ... It's concerning about the daughters once BM is arrested. I can't imagine the most difficult (besides losing their mother) part of all of this being the trial. How will they handle it? I'm sure Suzanne's sister will be there for them. I hope am wrong and they are strong. moo
They've been through it already, no? They seem to have handled it well and stayed by his side.

Didn't BM's first throw up the MJ retailer as a suspect? That's going to be BM's defense! Not me, look over there!
Yep. Pg 24

Barry Interview June 17") On June 17, 2020, CBI Agents Cahill and Derek Graham interviewed Barry. The interview was audio recorded. When questioned of anything recently that "might have been a first" for Suzanne, Barry responded that she started taking THC/CBD edibles and oils [about a month "before she left"]. Barry reported that she was getting it from "a guy in Westcliffe" named Tim and that Barry could provide Tim's contact.** Near the end of the interview, Barry provided Tim’s phone number. Barry separately said that Suzanne was buying drugs “off the street” and cited that the person from whom she was buying drugs is a viable suspect for her disappearance. 35 See interview summary of Timothy Agnew in Section 5. separately said that Suzanne was buying drugs “off the street”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member