Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris is peeing me off again, it's her message released today including the sentence that Barry and the girls hoped Suzanne would walk back into their lives again.

She's forgotten this

Where her last quote is "if they would just look for Suzanne, outside of where they hypothesised Barry could've possibly buried her remains, they could find her".

Moo
Ebm

I have spent the morning looking back at this case and evidence presented at the preliminary hearing and the AA.

Remember that text at 9:50am on the 9th asking if Suzanne wanted to go hike?

So odd wasn't it?

She later texts about hiking and he responds, No I'm coming home.

Didn't he also tell Morgan G that day that he had to go home and make the wife happy. He also was telling one of the detectives he thought they went for a walk.. or maybe it was a different day he was mixing up days.

When would this hike have happened because when he came home that day he didn't pull in the driveway. His phone was not up at the house.. I think he was removing the game cameras. Remember one that was missing also? I recall a box or something for one, but it was nowhere to be found.

Then he didn't even go home to spend time with Suzanne like he said because he was on the road again about the bobcat and looking at a job site or something like that.

Then the awful texts as he drove home..

Did you leave?

I wish she would have. :(

Pass me the barf bag again, please.
No kidding. :rolleyes:

Iirc, didn't he say that his now-deceased employee, JP, did time in prison ?
No need to blast that information to the world !
How disrespectful.

And, it looked like JP was working and getting his life back together, so... good for him !

“Listen,” Barry said during a Thursday morning phonecall, “Jeff Puckett was in prison for nine years.”

Still, Barry confirmed he had hired Puckett for a project in Broomfield on Mother’s Day Weekend this year. They needed to fix a wall, Puckett said.
“I said listen, I need to do this job, I will pay you good money to come and help me,” Barry said of Puckett. “I gave him a job and an opportunity.”
Green emphasis mine.

How nice of BM to pose as a rescuer to the 'less fortunate'.
*sarcasm intended*
Omo.

Last edited:
Exactly. Let's say that two co-workers left prints or DNA on the shovel. They aren't suspects. One of them is dead. The other left the state out of fear of BM.

BM clearly is touching the tools, so if he then WASHED them in the hotel room, that's really hinky. No one washes shovels in a hotel.

If the tools were then touched by the coworkers, and there's evidence of bleaching the shovel, then it stands to reason that Barry washed/removed his own DNA and purposefully placed the tools where others' DNA might get deposited on them. He surely is the one who took that shovel into the hotel, used the bleach, cleaned the tool and then staged it in the hotel lobby.

IMO. Doesn't matter at all who touched it. And it wasn't in any kind of "chain of evidence" at that point anyway - it was still part of a potential crime scene (the shovel). All of the information from the shovel will be useful at trial, IMO. Particularly the fact that no shovel was needed for the job they were about to do, and that he brought it into a hotel room said by a witness to be strongly smelling of bleach (which he had purchased in Salida at the spa store only the day before).

Most jurors will be able to follow the implications of this. And let's not forget that Barry admits to having animal tranquilizers in one of his many interviews with police. And he admitted to dumping trash (and I can't now remember what was found - but that was also on camera). And the one still-living co-worker said that he did not bring the right tools for the job that they were supposed to do, and he wasn't supposed to be at that work site on a Sunday. The two workers eventually just left and went home, and no work was done (the botched freeway wall was properly fixed by a real cement contractor months later).

IMO.
Oh, man.

He's slippery like an eel fox.

Likely cleaned his tools, then left him for his employees to dirty up so they'd be dirt-packed and used....

I wonder if he cleaned them, then dirtied them up in Broomfield himself. You know, in the few minutes he was there...

He's obscene.

JMO

Also the bedsheets from the daughters bed. That is bothering me. Did he tranquilize her and lay her in that bad? Was he trying to figure out what to do. When he came home was there some files out? I recall she was still doing book work for him for his business. Did she see something off with the books? Did he burn those files with her journal? Did he realize she knew too much, she was leaving him and she was not going to do that. He then drove her in the sheets to the dump sight and did he wash them when he got home just in case?

I really did not believe Suzanne would be found. BM had the means and knowledge and a particular skill set to make her disappear forever. I think he got sloppy, though. Lost his adrenaline rush when it started sinking in that holy cats, I killed her this time. I say "this time" because I do believe he'd hit her, more than she was admitting to anyone. I think there could be witnesses to some of that, physically present, if they chose to be honest about it.

I think we will see him re-arrested, but it may take a while. Loved the one reporter's remark that there were no arrests "yet".

I'm heartened to hear the other sheriff's enthusiastic remarks and I hope we see some significant movement on the road to justice for Suzanne.

all moo
While I always believed she would be found, eventually (I think folks give BM way more credit than he deserves, I mean, the guy couldn't even build a straight wall) I was really surprised to see the news they found her.

My hope now is, they'll be able find additional evidence to lock BM away for good.

Also the bedsheets from the daughters bed. That is bothering me. Did he tranquilize her and lay her in that bad? Was he trying to figure out what to do. When he came home was there some files out? I recall she was still doing book work for him for his business. Did she see something off with the books? Did he burn those files with her journal? Did he realize she knew too much, she was leaving him and she was not going to do that. He then drove her in the sheets to the dump sight and did he wash them when he got home just in case?
I think Suzanne was in the process of washing those sheets. She put them in the washer IMO.

JMO

@kittythehare
Not sure whether this is what you're looking for, but it shows trails and topography. I'm going to take a better look at the area later today and will share maps if I find anything interesting.

thank you Otto.
Odometer is about 12 kms or miles out, as in short so was trying to figure if there was a shorter route through the mountains that was suitable for a 4wheeler but not so much for a car...

Intersting section here:

"Eytan and other sources close to the investigation confirmed that GPS from Morphew’s truck and cellphone evidence from his phone show that he was not in Saguache on May 9th or 10 — the weekend Morphew went missing."

Perhaps there is an accomplice

I would doubt, assuming that BM is mistrustful. He might use one of unsavory types from hunting, but it is not common. I remember him badmouthing everyone who worked for him as drug users - and it seems that he honestly believes he is better than everyone around. But, all can happen, and I hope that CO LE would talk to all his groups. I remember from old articles that local hunters were afraid of him, too.

So glad to hear the news that Suzanne was found. Know we're all hoping justice will be served.

I was unable to bring myself to watch the interview Barry and daughters when the charges were dropped. Finally watched it today, along with the one they did 4 months ago (after filing the $15MM lawsuit). There is absolutely no doubt that Suzanne is the victim in this unbelievable story, but sadly the daughters are, too. I hope they can get the help they so desperately need.

I think Suzanne was in the process of washing those sheets. She put them in the washer IMO.

JMO
Wasn't there something of his in the washer? I know the tranquillizer thingy was found in the dryer. I always assumed he washed something to cover his butt. I'll try to find where I saw that about his clothing. I recall thinking usually women don't wash sheets and clothing together.. maybe delicate things, but I wouldn't wash my hubbys clothing with bedsheets. I guess she could have. Seems much more likely a man would do that.. throwing it all in together or well in the case of covering for your crimes maybe not thinking and just hurrying up to get it done.

Intersting section here:

"Eytan and other sources close to the investigation confirmed that GPS from Morphew’s truck and cellphone evidence from his phone show that he was not in Saguache on May 9th or 10 — the weekend Morphew went missing."

Perhaps there is an accomplice
If that be the case, perhaps opens the possibility to the remains having been moved later or placed there later? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay