Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 3 or 4 pages behind, but I see y’all talking about the tools that BM left at the hotel.

in January 2021 Lauren Scharf told Profiling Evil that Morgan said that she still had them ( when Lauren interviewed her) and Lauren advised her to let Law Enforcement know.

Around 10:35

@Cindizzi - great find thanks so much !! Hopefully Morgan took Lauren's advice and then hopefully LE asked her for the tools as evidence when she made contact - JMO

It is not that uncommon for these processes to take time.

I recall a different case profiled on Dateline not long ago. In the early stages, that case did not have good vehicle telemetry or GPS data for the accused. I believe the prosecution had to press GM (I think, not Ford or Chrysler) and eventually the data was located. It took quite a while and almost appeared that the vehicle manufacturer went back and did a ‘good data pull’ the second time. And that data actually was given to the court, prosecution, and defense while the trial was already underway.(Unfortunately I cannot recall the exact case nor specifics of it.)

I would rather the DA and prosecutors take their time and get this right and solid. There may not be a chance to do it over. So it best be done correctly and soundly. As it is apparent that the defense will be wanting to throw stuff at everything presented.
MOO

I also think the Model here (RR) was a factor in both downloading the data and whether or not FBI Technology Division had the correct vehicle forensic software and/or compatible forensic tools to analyze the download.

For example, the popular/industry standard for vehicle forensics is BERLA which one might say was developed with Ford in mind whereas I don't think BERLA supported Range Rover until software version 4.1 released in the fall of 2022. In other words, FBI most likely had to adapt existing software to analyze the download for the RR which delayed the process.

We saw similar results with the development of digital forensics software after Cellebrite was first introduced for mobile phone/digital intelligence and how the competition between software for CDMA versus GSM technology couldn't keep up with the demand and third-party plug-ins for Cellebrite answered the demand. MOO

I recall from the AA that as late as April 29, 2021 (days before BM's arrest), SA Grusing was advised that the examination of the 2015 RR by FBI's technology division had not been completed. IMO, this delay was likely attributed to analysts having to adapt software to work with the download. MOO

Last edited:

SEE THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE FEDERAL DOCKET FOR BM'S CIVIL SUIT UPDATED ON 10/16/23:

The following defendants timely filed Motions to Dismiss (not to exceed 6500 words as granted by the Court) on/before 10/13/23:

*Linda Stanley
*CBI Employees
*Mark Hurlbert
*Alex Walker & Jeff Lindsey
*Joseph Cahill-- (Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim).

The following defendants filed Motions to extend the time to Answer or Otherwise Respond to BM's Complaint:

Chaffee County et. al., filed an unopposed Motion to extend the time to file an Answer to BM's Complaint. (The plaintiff did not oppose the Motion because they are considering dismissing certain Chaffee County defendants).

FBI Agents also filed a Motion to extend the time to Answer or Otherwise Respond to BM's Complaint but the plaintiff's attorney failed to respond to the defendant's inquiry whether or not they opposed the Motion.

1697593278857.png
[..]

1697593393596.png

Docket: #87 -- LS Motion to Dismiss
#91 -- FBI Motion for Extension
#93 -- Chaffee County et., al. Motion for Extension
#94 -- Lindsey and Walker Motion to Dismiss
#95 -- Mark Hurlbert Motion to Dismiss
#97 -- CBI Motion to Dismiss
#98 -- Joseph Cahill Motion to Dismiss
#99 -- Himschoot and Hysjulien Motion for Extension

We all asked why Barry would leave the wrong tools for the job in Broomfield. It was suspicious from the get go.

And now we know.

He used them to dig a grave, then left his faithful, Barry-fearing crew with no other means, knowing full well they'd be loyal, give it their best and use those shovels vigorously, unwittingly shaking off all of Moffat's dirt and conveniently shrouding them in Broomfield's.

I hope his stunt backfires spectacularly.

Bye, bye, toolibis.

JMO
I believe he went to the Broomfield wall and also did some digging to check the soil... was that before or after possible bleaching of tools? To muddy any possible traces of grave site remnants...

I believe he went to the Broomfield wall and also did some digging to check the soil... was that before or after possible bleaching of tools? To muddy any possible traces of grave site remnants...
I think he started at a dumpster and then it was a cycle of hotel/dumpster runs, complete with outfit changes. IIRC his last stop was at the worksite where IMO he labored only long enough to make sure his tools all looked weathered and uncleaned.

Then, with his real work complete, he returned to the hotel for a long awaited nap.

Slept like a baer, while waiting for others to find Suzanne and her bike missing.

That big job up in Denver? It was a snowjob.

JMO

I think he started at a dumpster and then it was a cycle of hotel/dumpster runs, complete with outfit changes. IIRC his last stop was at the worksite where IMO he labored only long enough to make sure his tools all looked weathered and uncleaned.

Then, with his real work complete, he returned to the hotel for a long awaited nap.

Slept like a baer, while waiting for others to find Suzanne and her bike missing.

JMO
Did we hear, that he disposed of his 4 T-shirts also and only kept the 5th one, which he was wearing (not to be naked at the end)?
I remember, he changed 5x?

G
Just thinking of the grave site evidence, would a strong earth magnet be able to attract any metal shavings from a shovel or bucket used and matched to you know who"s tools and old bucket???? Metal is unique in its % of certain added compounds such as chrome or carbon or nickle and a dna type match may be possible. It would have to be sifted imo.
Good thought.

JMO
Oh yes he changed outfits! I am curious what that was all about. I wonder if they ever found those clothes he had on in any of the photos in the hotel. Did he shower and toss the old clothing, then dump more trash, then shower and change and dump more trash?

Oh yes he changed outfits! I am curious what that was all about. I wonder if they ever found those clothes he had on in any of the photos in the hotel. Did he shower and toss the old clothing, then dump more trash, then shower and change and dump more trash?
IMO yes.

Showering and dilluting.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why he didn't tidy up the room is anyone's guess.

My guess -- he didn't know how.

He probably half expected Suzanne to do it.

JMO

I don't think BM was taking multi-showers but more likely scrubbing his tools. From the look of his garage and truck, he doesn't have much practice cleaning up! In the process, BM probably soaked himself/clothes as well as the bathroom floor.

I don't think BM was taking multi-showers but more likely scrubbing his tools. From the look of his garage and truck, he doesn't have much practice cleaning up! In the process, BM probably soaked himself/clothes as well as the bathroom floor.
I suspected BM used the room to scrub something too - the chlorine smell, the wet towels (plural) left laying around, and the multiple clothing changes suggest that. I do wonder if LE located any photos showing BM walking toward the direction of his room with the tools. In the AA, there were only photos showing him moving the tools from his truck into the lobby, but that doesn't mean no other photos involving movement of those tools exist.

I could see LE leaving other photos out of the AA since at that time they did not know how SM's body was disposed of so they might not want to commit to the theory that hand tools were involved.

Remember that insurance or financial document that BM left behind in the room and JP found and turned over to LE? It is my hope that there are some teeny-tiny particles of dirt or plant material from Moffat on it - thus connecting BM directly and definitively to the location of SM's burial.

Probably too much to hope for, but I also thought he'd disposed of SM where she'd likely never be found (just like BM's friends said BM could do) and now, thank goodness, she has been.

Arizona.

Wasn't Arizona on Suzanne and loverboyJL's list of wistful destinations?

So Barry was revealing info he could only have known by spying....

Or was Arizona Barry's invention? Maybe Barry and dumpsterlover had wistful plans of their own. Guy seems like a hustler, always working an angle.

Jmo
I picked up on that also.
On FRIDAY-- BM brings up moving to AZ-- SM thought it was strange, THEN Friday, SM FB codes reset and 23 friends requests sent, 20 to men.

SAT- SM to JL-- Still thinking of AZ
SAT- SM FB password resets after BM tells her NO hike-- I am coming home.

Hmmmmm

So much of this case depends on whether the proof of life photo from SM to Libler is rock solid

It's clear earlier in the investigation, investigators believed the last proof of life (digital) was friday night, when SM was 3miles for BM's truck. That would obviously be fatal to BM's case if she disappeared on friday.

Then we have the weirdness of the pizza shop run - which I believe SM did not go to. She was home according to her texts and this inconsistency was revealed in the defence cross examination.

I think we have to assume the prosecution were careful about the proof of life photo and that is rock solid.

But it still leaves the oddity that BM's truck movements for friday night and saturday morning are not in the telematics exhibits.

So were they just not exhibited for some reason, or does this data not exist?

If it does not exist - that is a huge problem for me.

But we still have the Odometer readings - so I don't think too many km are missing beyond the ones Grusing asked BM about.

What to make of all this?

So much of this case depends on whether the proof of life photo from SM to Libler is rock solid

It's clear earlier in the investigation, investigators believed the last proof of life (digital) was friday night, when SM was 3miles for BM's truck. That would obviously be fatal to BM's case if she disappeared on friday.

Then we have the weirdness of the pizza shop run - which I believe SM did not go to. She was home according to her texts and this inconsistency was revealed in the defence cross examination.

I think we have to assume the prosecution were careful about the proof of life photo and that is rock solid.

But it still leaves the oddity that BM's truck movements for friday night and saturday morning are not in the telematics exhibits.

So were they just not exhibited for some reason, or does this data not exist?

If it does not exist - that is a huge problem for me.

But we still have the Odometer readings - so I don't think too many km are missing beyond the ones Grusing asked BM about.

What to make of all this?
Barry was driving something else.

Jmo

I picked up on that also.
On FRIDAY-- BM brings up moving to AZ-- SM thought it was strange, THEN Friday, SM FB codes reset and 23 friends requests sent, 20 to men.

SAT- SM to JL-- Still thinking of AZ
SAT- SM FB password resets after BM tells her NO hike-- I am coming home.

Hmmmmm
IF BM did know about JL. How long do we think he knew and how did he find out about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring