Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article that I viewed from that link was dated 10-31-22. At the end, it mentions that Suzanne is still being looked for, 2.5 years after she went missing.

I think it’s now dated 10.31.2023. This is confusing. I live in Colorado and I heard it broadcast on the local TV news this evening.

I think it’s now dated 10.31.2023. This is confusing. I live in Colorado and I heard it broadcast on the local TV news this evening.

Your link here contains the full complaint dated 10-30-2023

Complaint filed in Colorado Supreme Court regarding misconduct by Chaffee County DA Linda Stanley | PDF | Discovery (Law) | Prosecutor

The OARC Complaint itself is dated 10/30/23, so it's definitely new.

Here's another article about it: Colorado Supreme Court files complaint against District Attorney Linda Stanley

Why was BM truck outside M house at. 530am.
And why did BM cronies hand Morgan an envelope of money? Allegedly not to hand over a phone.. which she handed over.

I think he switched vehicles, I think he intended to bury her at the beach site but was interrupted and then opted for south, as far from Broomfield as he could get. I think he got there by back roads, had very little time to dig because he needed to return the vehicle he was in and get back to PP before sun up. Good half hour to switch vehicles, solid half hour at the beach site before he was discovered, leaving him barely three hours to get outside of town, not a minute to spare.

If the neighbor hasn't turned her porch light on, I think Suzanne would've been buried there... and good reason why LE spent so much time there.

JMO

What was BM truck doing outside

October 31, 2023 - 9:09 MDT

DENVER (KDVR) — The district attorney who initially filed charges in the Suzanne Morphew case will have to defend herself against a new complaint that alleges misconduct in how she handled it and another case regarding an infant’s death.

The complaint, which was filed Monday, claims 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley launched an investigation into a judge who ruled against prosecutors in the case of Barry Morphew, who was charged with murder in wife Suzanne’s disappearance. It also takes issue with public comments she made about both cases, including to true crime podcasters and the local news media.
[…]

As the case progressed, Stanley exchanged text messages with true crime podcasters, appeared on their shows about the Morphew investigation and engaged publicly with commenters, according to the complaint. That led in part to the case having to change venue. It also claims Stanley’s office did not follow evidence and witness disclosure rules required by the court.

The complaint also claims Stanley decided to investigate the judge in the case, who issued a series of rulings against prosecutors. The investigation included a decision to interview the presiding judge’s ex-wife to see if he ever abused her.

According to the complaint, that decision was made after one of the true crime podcasters claimed in a petition that the judge was “an advocate of Suzanne Morphew and victims of Domestic abuse.”

Another case cited in the complaint involved alleged child abuse in the death of a 10-month-old, in which the district attorney’s comments got “more brazen,” according to the document. Stanley spoke with a local television station about the defendant, claiming he “had zero investment” in the child and was staying with the baby “so he can get laid.”

~snip

More article at the link:
Complaint filed against district attorney in Morphew case

Last edited:
FREMONT COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- In a public document obtained by KRDO13 Investigates, the Colorado Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel (OARC), a state body that disciplines attorneys, is recommending 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley "be appropriately disciplined for such misconduct."

The document, filed with Presiding Disciplinary Judge Byron Large, claims that DA Stanley violated seven "rules of professional conduct for attorneys" by speaking publicly about multiple open criminal cases, including that of Barry Morphew, violating mandatory evidence disclosures to defense attorneys, and attempting to investigate a sitting judge without criminal evidence backing it up.
[…]
The majority of the aforementioned allegations were known to the public, but a new detail outlined the complaint centers around Stanley's alleged effort to have former Fremont County District Judge Ramsey Lama investigated for domestic violence after "adverse rulings" in the Morphew case once it was moved to Fremont County.

The complaint says that Stanley elicited the help of her investigator, Andrew Corey, to investigate Lama for abusing his ex-wife, Iris Lama. This came after Stanley allegedly asked members of the Chaffee County Sheriff's office to investigate Lama, to which they refused because there was "no good source for the investigation."

After Corey interviewed Judge Lama's ex-wife, he reported to Stanley that she stated "there was never any domestic abuse in their relationship, and that Judge Lama never said anything to her about the Morphew case."

Four days later, Stanley moved to dismiss all of the charges against Barry Morphew, the complaint states.
[…]

October 31, 2023 - 9:09 MDT

DENVER (KDVR) — The district attorney who initially filed charges in the Suzanne Morphew case will have to defend herself against a new complaint that alleges misconduct in how she handled it and another case regarding an infant’s death.

The complaint, which was filed Monday, claims 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley launched an investigation into a judge who ruled against prosecutors in the case of Barry Morphew, who was charged with murder in wife Suzanne’s disappearance. It also takes issue with public comments she made about both cases, including to true crime podcasters and the local news media.
[…]
Stanley’s office charged Barry Morphew with murder in the 2020 disappearance of his wife, Suzanne, whose body had not been found at the time.

As the case progressed, Stanley exchanged text messages with true crime podcasters, appeared on their shows about the Morphew investigation and engaged publicly with commenters, according to the complaint. That led in part to the case having to change venue. It also claims Stanley’s office did not follow evidence and witness disclosure rules required by the court.

The complaint also claims Stanley decided to investigate the judge in the case, who issued a series of rulings against prosecutors. The investigation included a decision to interview the presiding judge’s ex-wife to see if he ever abused her.

According to the complaint, that decision was made after one of the true crime podcasters claimed in a petition that the judge was “an advocate of Suzanne Morphew and victims of Domestic abuse.”

Another case cited in the complaint involved alleged child abuse in the death of a 10-month-old, in which the district attorney’s comments got “more brazen,” according to the document. Stanley spoke with a local television station about the defendant, claiming he “had zero investment” in the child and was staying with the baby “so he can get laid.”

~snip

More article at the link:
Complaint filed against district attorney in Morphew case

She had a very solid case, and she made a complete hames of it.

I used this shot from May 2020 to measure the distance a vehicle would have to back up from the paved area in front of garage to drop the trailer where it is shown on this picture.
View attachment 457338
Assuming this was his typical trailer parking spot The shot below shows it is quite a bit further than the 95 feet recorded on the truck telematics.
View attachment 457339
This might suggest Mr. Morphew dropped the trailer on the way in and the trailer was not hitched to his truck when be backed up 95 feet to the back of the house (jacuzzi area ) at 5.25PM on the evening before Mother’s Day. So perhaps the question remains, why would he position the back of his truck where it could be accessed from the jacuzzi area not long after Suzanne's last proof of life.

If the telematics were functioning correctly, we should have seen the truck park up the driveway, and the drivers door open etc when he unloaded the bobcat, then the truck move again to a new location.

One of the issues is telematics are missing for various events - so I think it most likely he reversed to where the bobcat was found to unload it, but your version I guess can't be ruled out.

Stanley later appeared on King's YouTube channel in August 2021 to publicly discuss the case and even responded to written comments in an online comment section using a profile under her own name.

The complaint alleges Stanley was also exchanging Facebook messages in September 20201 with the host of "True Crime with Julez." Court documents say Stanley replied "possibly" when asked if Morphew was getting ready to flee.

It alleges Stanley instructed her chief investigator, Andrew Corey, to interview the ex-wife of former Judge Ramsey Lama, the judge who was presiding over the Morphew case.

"Respondent did so in an effort to uncover information about Judge Lama that would be cause for his recusal or disqualification from continuing to preside over the Morphew case," the complaint states.

9NEWS learned the judge in the Morphew case was one of several people who filed a complaint with OARC regarding Stanley.
Ha! I would have quite liked a chat with the judge’s ex myself!

For illustration purposes (if one needs to visualize as I do), in BM's case, the bobcat is required to hitch/unhitch the trailer from his truck.
I'm trying to understand since ever .... can't understand, how it is done. Can't find a video, showing it to me. What I'm seeing is, that someone hitches manual only. For my future career as a million dollar landscaper, haha, I need to know it, please. :)

I used this shot from May 2020 to measure the distance a vehicle would have to back up from the paved area in front of garage to drop the trailer where it is shown on this picture.
View attachment 457338
Assuming this was his typical trailer parking spot The shot below shows it is quite a bit further than the 95 feet recorded on the truck telematics.
View attachment 457339
This might suggest Mr. Morphew dropped the trailer on the way in and the trailer was not hitched to his truck when be backed up 95 feet to the back of the house (jacuzzi area ) at 5.25PM on the evening before Mother’s Day. So perhaps the question remains, why would he position the back of his truck where it could be accessed from the jacuzzi area not long after Suzanne's last proof of life.
Could we be completely off?

He would have wanted the element of surprise on Saturday. Hard to sneak with a diesel -- as we know from the night Suzanne and Sheila were together, when Barry left his truck in the neck of the driveway, presumably so as not to be heard.

Are we certain the trailer and Bobcat were at PP at 3pm? I can't remember after all this time what the data showed. Could he have left it somewhere? Like at Backhoe Joe's.

If his truck was in the driveway, he might've had to move it to allow a second vehicle in or out.

Busy, busy B.

JMO

I'm trying to understand since ever .... can't understand, how it is done. Can't find a video, showing it to me. What I'm seeing is, that someone hitches manual only. For my future career as a million dollar landscaper, haha, I need to know it, please. :)
From the AA:
If you google flatbed trailer jack and view an illustration or video to have a basic understanding how it's designed to work, you'll see by the passage below that BM's trailer jack was missing, and BM instead used the bucket of the bobcat as the trailer jack to hitch/unhitch the equipment trailer to his truck.

Get this down @FromGermany1 and you're hired! ;)
1698837531842.png

I also missed my calling as a sloppy landscaper, but let me give this a try --

Picture a truck, hitched to a trailer with a Bobcat.

Watch the Bobcat driven off the ramps at the end of the trailer.

Now watch the Bobcat bucket lift the front end of the trailer up enough to lift it off the tow hitch.

Now watch, disengaged, the truck drive forward. (Or maybe the hitch can be retracted, clearing the truck.) Then the Bobcat lowers the trailer back to level.

Done.

Easy peasy, very barry.

JMO

Why was BM truck outside M house at. 530am.
And why did BM cronies hand Morgan an envelope of money? Allegedly not to hand over a phone.. which she handed over.

What was BM truck doing outside
Barry was known to pay his workers in cash. MJ was paid for the trip to Broomfield and the time she spent there. I don't see anything underhanded about arranging her pay. Seems a fair thing to do. Sometimes things are just as they seem. As far as the truck outside on the street I have no doubt MJ told LE that when interviewed. If it meant anything or they could verify her suspicions or eliminate her suspicions I'm guessing LE did so. I happen to think that a good deal of work on the case was done responsibly and just bits and pieces were sloppy and caused the trial to be dropped.

From the AA:
If you google flatbed trailer jack and view an illustration or video to have a basic understanding how it's designed to work, you'll see by the passage below that BM's trailer jack was missing, and BM instead used the bucket of the bobcat as the trailer jack to hitch/unhitch the equipment trailer to his truck.

Get this down @FromGermany1 and you're hired! ;)
View attachment 457394
Ah, the missing wheel jack .... I understand better.

Barry was known to pay his workers in cash. MJ was paid for the trip to Broomfield and the time she spent there. I don't see anything underhanded about arranging her pay. Seems a fair thing to do. Sometimes things are just as they seem. As far as the truck outside on the street I have no doubt MJ told LE that when interviewed. If it meant anything or they could verify her suspicions or eliminate her suspicions I'm guessing LE did so. I happen to think that a good deal of work on the case was done responsibly and just bits and pieces were sloppy and caused the trial to be dropped.
MG disagreed.

Gentile claimed in the interview that two unidentified men approached her in or near Salida, appearing to discourage her from talking to police.

“We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money,” the men told her, Gentile claimed. “You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI [Colorado Bureau of Investigation] your phone.”

Gentile told Fox 21 News that she did give her phone to investigators, and also gave five interviews to police. She said Morphew soon fired her, via text message.

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,
” Gentile told Fox 21 News. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper