Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the telematics were functioning correctly, we should have seen the truck park up the driveway, and the drivers door open etc when he unloaded the bobcat, then the truck move again to a new location.

One of the issues is telematics are missing for various events - so I think it most likely he reversed to where the bobcat was found to unload it, but your version I guess can't be ruled out.
Maybe he parked originally at 2:44 to block Suzanne from leaving in her car, then moved his truck to allow himself to use another car from the garage.

Barry was known to pay his workers in cash. MJ was paid for the trip to Broomfield and the time she spent there. I don't see anything underhanded about arranging her pay. Seems a fair thing to do. Sometimes things are just as they seem. As far as the truck outside on the street I have no doubt MJ told LE that when interviewed. If it meant anything or they could verify her suspicions or eliminate her suspicions I'm guessing LE did so. I happen to think that a good deal of work on the case was done responsibly and just bits and pieces were sloppy and caused the trial to be dropped.
It's been a long time and I haven't stayed up to date on the discussions here but for some reason I'm remembering a mention of someone that was paid by personal check. Someone BM claimed to be harassing his family (and had the address because it was on the check) or some such baloney. I think that was another of his attempted stories to send LE a different direction.

In any event, the "underhanded" thing about Morgan G.'s pay was the stupid comment about "we'd pay you but we don't want it to look like hush money". I have no doubt whichever one of them said that actually had no idea Barry had killed Suzanne, but in hindsight of course it looks terrible.

jmo

It's been a long time and I haven't stayed up to date on the discussions here but for some reason I'm remembering a mention of someone that was paid by personal check. Someone BM claimed to be harassing his family (and had the address because it was on the check) or some such baloney. I think that was another of his attempted stories to send LE a different direction.

In any event, the "underhanded" thing about Morgan G.'s pay was the stupid comment about "we'd pay you but we don't want it to look like hush money". I have no doubt whichever one of them said that actually had no idea Barry had killed Suzanne, but in hindsight of course it looks terrible.

jmo
bbm
... but they knew, that MG's phone wouldn't be in good hands with the police and told her, she had NOT to give it to police. It seems, both of the men knew a lot of incriminating things on the phone.

One of the oddities is the defence bobcat exhibit ends at DSI earlier in the day.

Either telematics were disabled at DSI somehow or it simply wasn’t exhibited. If the later then the prosecution know exactly the time the bobcat was unloaded and where it was on the driveway.

You can see this actually on Friday night when the bobcat was active in the driveway at 7pm

One of the oddities is the defence bobcat exhibit ends at DSI earlier in the day.

Either telematics were disabled at DSI somehow or it simply wasn’t exhibited. If the later then the prosecution know exactly the time the bobcat was unloaded and where it was on the driveway.

You can see this actually on Friday night when the bobcat was active in the driveway at 7pm
Does this mesh with a borrowed SIM?

Fits with his attempts to go offgrid with his truck and his phone.

Man, I hope it's not too late for LE to go after the data for any heavy machinery the man had access to. Anything within a radius was free for his picking IMO.

JMO

Man, I hope it's not too late for LE to go after the data for any heavy machinery the man had access to. Anything within a radius was free for his picking IMO.

JMO

All I know is the exhibited data ends at DSI

All I know is the exhibited data ends at DSI
When does it pick back up? (When did LE take possession of his truck? What was he driving then?)

So... by about 2pm on Saturday, the Bobcat has a new blade. Curiously, a switch he knows how to do himself....

If Barry had access to another Bobcat and swapped SIM cards, his would've been like a brand new Bobcat...

JMO

bbm
... but they knew, that MG's phone wouldn't be in good hands with the police and told her, she had NOT to give it to police. It seems, both of the men knew a lot of incriminating things on the phone.
IIRC, they never told her not to give her phone to LE, they told her she didn't have to cooperate with the investigation.

Honestly, I don't think either one of them had any idea what was on her phone. And it's always impressed me she didn't care what those 2 thought, and fully cooperated with the investigation.

Ah, the missing wheel jack .... I understand better.
Since I tend to hang on every word by SA Grusing, I first learned of this during the preliminary hearing. ;)

And coming from the school where you invest in the best equipment you can afford and then maintain it, I immediately lost all respect for the lazy, sleazebucket, BM.

In other words, his is the flatbed equipment trailer you never want to drive behind. Puts a lot of stress on the wheels and axel assembly when you constantly drop a heavy trailer tongue and coupler to the ground sans any jack support or even leveling blocks.

^^This and BM sitting on many acres yet deprived his family of having at least one dog. Pfft...

MOO

JMO
I’m thinking whoever he may have “borrowed” a vehicle or SIM from has already told LE everything. It may have seemed innocent at the time but by now it must click with someone.
They have Suzanne’s body. They are waiting on the right time to drop the hammer. In the meantime, her body may yield more evidence.

Since I tend to hang on every word by SA Grusing, I first learned of this during the preliminary hearing. ;)

And coming from the school where you invest in the best equipment you can afford and then maintain it, I immediately lost all respect for the lazy, sleazebucket, BM.

In other words, his is the flatbed equipment trailer you never want to drive behind. Puts a lot of stress on the wheels and axel assembly when you constantly drop a heavy trailer tongue and coupler to the ground sans any jack support or even leveling blocks.

^^This and BM sitting on many acres yet deprived his family of having at least one dog. Pfft...

MOO
Yes he is a real gem. We all agree.

When does it pick back up? (When did LE take possession of his truck? What was he driving then?)

So... by about 2pm on Saturday, the Bobcat has a new blade. Curiously, a switch he knows how to do himself....

If Barry had access to another Bobcat and swapped SIM cards, his would've been like a brand new Bobcat...

JMO

It doesn't pick back up. The exhibit ends at DSI. Maybe they powered if off for the blade change?

We know the bobcat must have unloaded itself at PP later that day, because it was found there, but we don't have the telematics for it - but it is simply possible that Iris didn't exhibit that final event because reasons

My guess is the bobcat was simply found where he left it.

Personally I think a lot of the conspiracies in this case arise because we never had the trial where full exhibits would be introduced and the key witnesses appear.

So you have to read between the lines of what exists but simply wasn't exhibited or mentioned in the prelim or AA.

As an example - on friday night, Grusing makes it clear that the CAST report shows that SMs iPhone connects with BMs phone for a 73 second call 3 miles distant. He makes it reasonable clear they tracked her movements and know where she went

It doesn't take much thought to fill in the gaps here. SM's phone didn't magically appear at that location. Rather they saw if leave PP before the call, and they see it at other locations after.

So when Grusing said they tracked her it can be any and all of RR journey data, traffic cams, phone pings, content of her SMS, messages sent to other people, sightings of her etc etc

In other words, Grusing knows full well she was in her RR driving somewhere and then she went home again.

This is also why, when her phone appears to leave PP at the 3am hour, Grusing and the CAST expert know full well that it wasn't SM with her phone in her RR.

A related belief, it is my opinion that IE had not done telematics and CAST analysis of her own at the prelim, or at least not primary work. Rather they looked at discovered prosecution reports which we now know were discovered before the prelim for CAST and telamtics.

It may well be the case that the data exhibited is edits of schedules from those reports. So this may well explain why lots of data is missing.

e.g it is my guess that the truck data for friday pm and sat am actually exists

Personally I think a lot of the conspiracies in this case arise because we never had the trial where full exhibits would be introduced and the key witnesses appear.

So you have to read between the lines of what exists but simply wasn't exhibited or mentioned in the prelim or AA.

As an example - on friday night, Grusing makes it clear that the CAST report shows that SMs iPhone connects with BMs phone for a 73 second call 3 miles distant. He makes it reasonable clear they tracked her movements and know where she went

It doesn't take much thought to fill in the gaps here. SM's phone didn't magically appear at that location. Rather they saw if leave PP before the call, and they see it at other locations after.

So when Grusing said they tracked her it can be any and all of RR journey data, traffic cams, phone pings, content of her SMS, messages sent to other people, sightings of her etc etc

In other words, Grusing knows full well she was in her RR driving somewhere and then she went home again.

This is also why, when her phone appears to leave PP at the 3am hour, Grusing and the CAST expert know full well that it wasn't SM with her phone in her RR.
Excellent point, I also think it was closer to 4:20am when Barry walked outside of the house with all her stuff to go to Broomfield and the phone dings from a few messages. Barry then has a pucker moment realizing he forgot to put her phone in airplane mode also and proceeds to destroy it, pull the sim, whatever, there at the house before it has a chance to ping another tower....

Great post.

Excellent point, I also think it was closer to 4:20am when Barry walked outside of the house with all her stuff to go to Broomfield and the phone dings from a few messages. Barry then has a pucker moment realizing he forgot to put her phone in airplane mode also and proceeds to destroy it, pull the sim, whatever, there at the house before it has a chance to ping another tower....

Here's where we can read between the lines IMO

The very first thing everyone did with that final ping bearing is plot it on a map. We know if it had shown SMs phone was likely at PP, then Iris would have been all over that, because BMs location showed he was heading west at the time! Home free. Alas Iris never mentions how this ping is exculpatory at all. Strange!

In actual fact, there are 3 final pings, plus Suzanne's entire baseline for Saturday which I am guessing shows a different bearing for PP. But the thing is Grusing essentially just testified to the AA, and the CAST report was not exhibited.

So they simply didn't talk about it much - but I guarantee you that stuff is sitting in the CAST report because Iris referred to it obliquely in the civil suit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member