Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, judging from that video which I assume is from the time authorities were unearthing SM's remains - SM's remains were found close to a dirt road, not far from that road's entrance from the main road, and very close to a cellphone tower. I wonder how often cellphone towers are serviced (ETA: and also wonder whether there are any kind of cameras mounted on the tower).
'My hope is that Barry was dumb enough to have his phone with him and it pinged off that tower.

I can have hopes!

(Good to see you - our paths don't cross much these days) .

'My hope is that Barry was dumb enough to have his phone with him and it pinged off that tower.

I can have hopes!

(Good to see you - our paths don't cross much these days) .
I share that hope! Or if it was someone associated with him that they did the same!

(I've been busy preparing for a house addition and interior reconfiguration so not posting as much, but I've been reading many of your posts on the Kohberger case in Idaho - with much appreciation for the training you provide us all.)

He didn’t have his primary phone. It was at PP until 3am. We know that from the prelim.
There was that unidentified device that LE found evidence of having once been linked to his truck's computer that I believe was somehow associated with one of his daughters. (Perhaps an old iPod given to Dad? Or, a former cellphone that Dad decided to use for himself?).

I have to say that the burial spot fairly close to the dirt road, not far from the main road seems exactly like a Barry kind of place. That is, not much work involved.

Yes she did but not clear if he actually picked up "spa stuff" or if SM did this herself, and why the containers were inside her vehicle.

IMO, SM wanted to be prepared in the event her traveling daughters and their friend wanted to use the tub after their long journey. Just like changing daughters bed linen. (Mom's are always prepared whether daughters intended to stay or not). I think we've since learned spending Mother's Day with SM was low priority that year. MOO
I was looking back through some of the evidence stuff to see if I could find the info, but didn't see what I was looking for. Do you recall if the spa chemicals were full bottles or empty? For some reason I had in my mind they were empty as if she took them with her to ensure she got the right stuff. I see the photo of them in her front seat floor as part of the exhibits.. but don't recall where I heard or saw something about them being empty or full.

I would think if she just had purchased them she might have a recipt in her purse or wallet. If he purchased them, then why are they in her car? It just seems like something is off with those chemicals.

I was looking for the text also that said "get spa chemicals"..

I've always wondered if he could somehow access her phone by using her ipad or another device connected to her phone.

Here is where I was looking at evidence photos.

I was looking back through some of the evidence stuff to see if I could find the info, but didn't see what I was looking for. Do you recall if the spa chemicals were full bottles or empty? For some reason I had in my mind they were empty as if she took them with her to ensure she got the right stuff. I see the photo of them in her front seat floor as part of the exhibits.. but don't recall where I heard or saw something about them being empty or full.

I would think if she just had purchased them she might have a recipt in her purse or wallet. If he purchased them, then why are they in her car? It just seems like something is off with those chemicals.

I was looking for the text also that said "get spa chemicals"..

I've always wondered if he could somehow access her phone by using her ipad or another device connected to her phone.

Here is where I was looking at evidence photos.

Empty.

Yes! Thank you! I knew I saw something about them being empty. Thank you for finding this. So she had the empty bottles in her car. So did he get the chemicals and use them somehow? Did he never go to the spa store? Where are the NEW spa chemicals if he did go?
Funnily enough, when I googled, @osu had posted this Lauren S. Tweet on. Aug 23, 2021

BIG THANKS @charminglane for hunting down LS Tweet and confirming the spa bottles inside SM's vehicle were empty! You rock! :cool:
Yes! Thank you! I knew I saw something about them being empty. Thank you for finding this. So she had the empty bottles in her car. So did he get the chemicals and use them somehow? Did he never go to the spa store? Where are the NEW spa chemicals if he did go?
BM's alleged stop at the Stove and Spa store has never set right with me. Did BM purchase spa chemicals or just part of the ruse? The entire story remains fishy to me.

I'm not familiar with the chemical ingredients of Spa treatment products and wonder if they contain any properties used to escalate decomposition, or if BM could have simply used the containers to transport off label chemicals known to aid in destroying evidence from SM's body.

@CoffindafferFBI

Certainly have not forgotten about #SuzanneMorphew and am waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop and for #BarryMorphew to be recharged. More facts on that case to come.

10:12 AM · Dec 8, 2023

Thanks for the links !
I'm not familiar with J. Coffindaffer ?
Good to see so many involved for justice for Suzanne and others, though !

Wow, judging from that video which I assume is from the time authorities were unearthing SM's remains - SM's remains were found close to a dirt road, not far from that road's entrance from the main road, and very close to a cellphone tower. I wonder how often cellphone towers are serviced (ETA: and also wonder whether there are any kind of cameras mounted on the tower).
Bolding mine.
Great points. ^^^

Omo.

Thanks for the links !
I'm not familiar with J. Coffindaffer ?
Good to see so many involved for justice for Suzanne and others, though !

Bolding mine.
Great points. ^^^

Omo.
Looking at other videos from that area, I am not positive the tall pole I see in Coffindaffer's video IS a cellphone tower; it may be a tall pole for ordinary electric power and telephone lines.

Looking at other videos from that area, I am not positive the tall pole I see in Coffindaffer's video IS a cellphone tower; it may be a tall pole for ordinary electric power and telephone lines.

Indeed, @Diddian!

This might be shocking information to uninformed @CoffindafferFBI but those here that have been following this case know there is only one cell tower near Salida, Chaffee County, and that the Morphew family residence (Puma Path Rd, Maysville) was a DEAD ZONE where the Court Ordered BM to travel to "town" daily to enable his ankle monitor to connect to a signal and electronically update his location with the Court's monitor.

Last September, SM's remains were reportedly located in a rural Moffat, Saguache County: Just south of Moffat, tattered crime scene tape was found road near mile marker 103 on Highway 17 - roughly 50 minutes south of her Salida home.

To be clear, there aren't various, erected cellular towers (with mounted surveillance) populating Saguache County anymore than exist in nearby Chaffee County!

For a better understanding of the limitations of Saguache County, please see the link to the San Luis Valley Rural Electric Cooperative (SLVREC), providing essential electricity (and some internet) to homes and businesses in Rio Grande, Costilla, Saguache, Alamosa, Conejos, Mineral and Hinsdale counties-- where much of this area did not have power lines until around 1981-- and no home electricity until 1982. (Yes, 1981-82, not a typo)!

Conejos County: “...We didn’t have power lines until 1981,” Salazar said. “It was tough making a living for eight kids under those circumstances.” [Ken Salazar, Colorado State Senator 2005-09, Secretary of the Interior under Obama 2009-13].

And why the likes of BM would be attracted to such an area... We like our privacy and disconnect... JMO

August 16, 2022 6:15 PM

[..]

On July 28th, the Planning Commission in Saguache County approved a rezoning request to permit the construction of a cell tower in a 6-acre plot of land along County Road 7 running from Moffat to Crestone. Saguache County Commissioners were scheduled to review the plan at a meeting on Tuesday, however, the sent the application back to the Planning Commission.

In a statement to 13 Investigates, a spokesperson for the Saguache County Commissioners said “a motion was made this morning to send this zoning change request back to the Saguache County Planning Commission on their August 25th meeting. Therefore, there will not be a comment made by the county commissioners at this time.”

According to Amber Wilson, the Land Use administrator in Saguache County, the proposed project is meant to improve cell phone usage in the area. The cell tower would be owned by the property owners, and those property owners would then contract with cell phone companies to put their service on that tower.

[..]

Despite potentially bringing better cell service to the area, Frank says the cell phone tower entirely goes against what the Crestone community is all about. “The ethos this community was created on was inconvenience is a virtue,” Frank said. “We recognize that we are at the end of the road (in Crestone). We didn’t desire the services that a regular town has. I’m not saying other communities should make our choices. These are the choices Crestone has made, and we made them for decades.”

Indeed, @Diddian!

This might be shocking information to uninformed @CoffindafferFBI but those here that have been following this case know there is only one cell tower near Salida, Chaffee County, and that the Morphew family residence (Puma Path Rd, Maysville) was a DEAD ZONE where the Court Ordered BM to travel to "town" daily to enable his ankle monitor to connect to a signal and electronically update his location with the Court's monitor.

Last September, SM's remains were reportedly located in a rural Moffat, Saguache County: Just south of Moffat, tattered crime scene tape was found road near mile marker 103 on Highway 17 - roughly 50 minutes south of her Salida home.

To be clear, there aren't various, erected cellular towers (with mounted surveillance) populating Saguache County anymore than exist in nearby Chaffee County!

For a better understanding of the limitations of Saguache County, please see the link to the San Luis Valley Rural Electric Cooperative (SLVREC), providing essential electricity (and some internet) to homes and businesses in Rio Grande, Costilla, Saguache, Alamosa, Conejos, Mineral and Hinsdale counties-- where much of this area did not have power lines until around 1981-- and no home electricity until 1982. (Yes, 1981-82, not a typo)!

Conejos County: “...We didn’t have power lines until 1981,” Salazar said. “It was tough making a living for eight kids under those circumstances.” [Ken Salazar, Colorado State Senator 2005-09, Secretary of the Interior under Obama 2009-13].

For the record, I was the one who initially thought I saw a cell tower in Coffindaffer’s video And subsequently realized it was just a large tall power pole. So, my mistake, not her’s.

For the record, I was the one who initially thought I saw a cell tower in Coffindaffer’s video And subsequently realized it was just a large tall power pole. So, my mistake, not her’s.
You're so noble @Diddian. Don't mind me -- I'm often annoyed by Coffindaffer's guest appearances without reading at least the cliff notes of a case. MOO

You're so noble @Diddian. Don't mind me -- I'm often annoyed by Coffindaffer's guest appearances without reading at least the cliff notes of a case. MOO
IMO, she has plenty of company. Can’t tell you the number of times I’ve observed a former LE/now professional opinion-provider weigh in while obviously unaware of recent developments and the member of the press who is interviewing them does nothing to correct them (perhaps because they are also behind on the case).

On the plus side, Coffindaffer did sign off with something like ”more facts to come soon,” and I welcome those on this case as I anxiously await justice for the murder of SM (and what I see as the continuing abuse of her children).

Yep. I get the former FBI agent looking for a new gig thing, but a onetime affiliation alone does not a useful contributor make, IMO.

Happy for investigators to take every second of the time they need to build a secure case at this point. And if that means that a new or Special DA gets the next at (of?) the BM can, so be it.

There was that unidentified device that LE found evidence of having once been linked to his truck's computer that I believe was somehow associated with one of his daughters. (Perhaps an old iPod given to Dad? Or, a former cellphone that Dad decided to use for himself?).

I have to say that the burial spot fairly close to the dirt road, not far from the main road seems exactly like a Barry kind of place. That is, not much work involved.
I agree. Based on Barry's profession and personality I thought he used the power line service road on Old Monarch Pass Rd. It would be easy access for hiding a body 30 ft into vast wilderness.

I had the right means of disposal, but not the right area.

I thought this was probable because of the easy access to wilderness and it would be easy to douse lights and become invisible in case of a car coming along the road.

I agree. Based on Barry's profession and personality I thought he used the power line service road on Old Monarch Pass Rd. It would be easy access for hiding a body 30 ft into vast wilderness.

I had the right means of disposal, but not the right area.

I thought this was probable because of the easy access to wilderness and it would be easy to douse lights and become invisible in case of a car coming along the road.

Yeah this is been the problem all along. It's a big haystack.

Based on other cases I've followed, the offender often creates a digital blackout when he is doing the criming. This is because offenders now have a base level of digital awareness, but not particularly sophisticated. For example in McStay, the blackouts created a virtual roadmap of crime time, including ironically, linking the offender to the burial site in an unexpected way.

This is why I am super interested in the late night black out that lasts until the 3am hour, as it applies to BMs phone, SMs phone and the truck.

Then after 3am, both phones head west but the truck does not.

IMO this is the indicator that there is a different vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member