Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I dont mind him either, he is a goid analyst, and scince he is a defense attny he sees IE as successful, which she is.
Vigorous questioning of DNA and other forensic evidence is a current theme nationwide.
It doesn’t hurt to say she’s a good lawyer. Or even a great lawyer. But great lawyering to get the guilty free isn’t something I admire at all. So it doesn’t hurt to say I dislike her immensely.

I figured as much and expect you'll next receive a response from Chaffee County that pursuant to a CORA exception, the report is not available because the victim is part of an ongoing investigation where there's been no ruling on the cause/manner of death as of yet.

On the El Paso Coroners site there's a submission link, asked me for date of death - I put May 9th 2020, didn't know what else to put in.
On Chaffee County Coroner's site, there is no link, so just sent an email to the email address provided asking for it - feel for the poor guy whose going to end up reading it!

I know I'm not gonna get anything but figured it was worth an ask

Autopsy reports on both minors and adults are excluded from a Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) provision that makes medical records confidential. If a county coroner believes that disclosure of a particular autopsy report would cause “substantial injury to the public interest,” he or she can ask a court for authorization to withhold all or portions of it.

In addition, Colorado Courts have long had the power to seal autopsy reports which prevent the release of information to anybody except for the Court and who the Court designates, and this has not changed. However, what has changed is pursuant to Colo. R. Crim. P. 55.1, Amended and Adopted December 17, 2020, effective 5/10/2021, the Court seal can no longer be forgotten. In other words, any Court sealed document including autopsy reports now has an expiration date which shall require action by the parties to keep the autopsy report (and/or document) from being released to the public pursuant to Rule 55.1 - Public Access to Court Records in Criminal Cases.

Also, relative to the powerful lobbyists for CFOIC, the Colorado Press Association, the Colorado Broadcasters Association and the Colorado Springs Press Association, they alone are credited for getting the Governor to veto Senate Bill 18-223 which was overwhelmingly supported in the legislature – only two representatives and one senator voted against the final version-- which would have closed public access to autopsy reports on minors. Please be remined that the county coroners’ association requested the bill.

Many of us remember the devastating effects of youtubers making public requests for the autopsies of the Watts children-- murdered along with their mother Shan'ann by Chris Watts. Senate Bill 18-223 would have prevented this. Same with Gannon Stauch's autopsy report and photos released to a youtuber who was selling pay for view access.
Rule 55.1 - Public Access to Court Records in Criminal Cases, Colo. R. Crim. P. 55.1 | Casetext Search + Citator.
@Seattle1 Thanks for your informative post w links.

Interesting that (former) CO. Gov'r H. vetoed the 2018 bill that would have narrowed release of autopsy reports of minors.

Last edited:
It doesn’t hurt to say she’s a good lawyer. Or even a great lawyer. But great lawyering to get the guilty free isn’t something I admire at all. So it doesn’t hurt to say I dislike her immensely.
Not at all, IE is a manic nightmare. Winning against her take an incredible amount of energy and intelligence; definitely a war of attrition.

I was able to ask whom I believe to be F. Lee Bailey why he defended OJ. His response was "under moral cover"

No it doesn't, I can't stand her either, BUT if I were guilty of a crime looking at a life sentence, I would hire her. I'd have to have a generous supply of earplugs and duct tape so I couldn't hear or speak. ;)

No it doesn't, I can't stand her either, BUT if I were guilty of a crime looking at a life sentence, I would hire her. I'd have to have a generous supply of earplugs and duct tape so I couldn't hear or speak. ;)
I’d hazard a guess, based on your handle, that you’re female. If so, and if your crime was against a male, I believe you’d be SOL trying to employ Iris. She’s partial to getting male murderers and rapists off. IMO, based on this:

Everything about that page has me seeing red.

Not at all, IE is a manic nightmare. Winning against her takes an incredible amount of energy and intelligence; definitely a war of attrition.

GOB J., woolsack-ensconced and upon convening, reviews for all there, then and whenever present:

Prerogative Rule of Court #16.c(ii), "Decorum, maintenance thereof":

"Any or all persons evincing in this Court
manic behavior
be it in any of those forms delineated in the current ICD-10-CM, as F31.12 or beyond,
shall be removed from this courtroom for medical surveillance and treatment as appropriate.

So it is written.
So it shall be.
_________________________-

For all the allegations made against LS, seems to me that the solution has long been very simple: recall the DA. I dunno... makes me think that the complainants don't really want a solution. JMO

Recall Petitions

In order to recall a state officeholder (Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, members of the General Assembly, members of the State Board of Education, members of the CU Board of Regents, members of the RTD Board of Directors, and District Attorney), a recall petition must be created and approved by the Secretary of State’s office prior to obtaining signatures.

Recall petitions for county offices must be approved by the county clerk & recorder prior to circulation. Members of Congress and US Senators may not be recalled.

[..]

The signature threshold to place a recall question on the ballot for a state or county elected official is 25% of the total votes cast at the last preceding general election for that office.

MOD NOTE: Please don't ask OR answer moderation questions on the thread. (If you answer, you might be wrong, but those of you in this case were not!)

If someone has asked a moderation question, please report it so we can get back to them. If you need to ask a moderation question, use the report feature below any post. That way, moderation discussion doesn't clog the thread.

Thanks,
Knitty

I've been thinking about victim Suzanne and the delay in learning about the results of her autopsy. I wonder about the quantity and quality of the remains recovered in nearby Saguache County.

I'm recalling how quickly BM sold SM's vehicle how BM was sure to get it as far away from Colorado as possible -- driving/transporting it to Indiana.

Also recalling the spa chemical containers located on the floor of the front passenger seat and wonder if these bottles were empty or full. I wonder if the bottles were tested by LE.

In allegations made against DA LS, she allegedly texted Mike King that the hot tub at the family residence had not been used for an extended period of time.

BM's alleged stop at the Stove and Spa store has never set right with me. Did BM purchase spa chemicals or just part of the ruse? The entire story remains fishy to me.

I'm not familiar with the chemical ingredients of Spa treatment products and wonder if they contain any properties used to escalate decomposition, or if BM could have simply used the containers to transport off label chemicals known to aid in destroying evidence from SM's body.

When Fotis Dulos murdered and disappeared his still missing wife Jennifer, he used the vehicle of one of his employees on the date Jennifer was murdered. He also replaced the seats in this vehicle -- which fortunately caused his employee to be suspicious of him and kept his old seats in storage (which ultimately were found to contain evidence of Jennifer's blood when tested).

Dulos' co-defendant and former girlfriend M Troconis goes to trial in January, and has tried implicating the former employee as the alternate suspect -- as if nobody noticed that Dulos shaved his head similar to the employee-- just before Jennifer forever disappeared.

More questions than answers. MOO #JusticeForSuzanne.

I've been thinking about victim Suzanne and the delay in learning about the results of her autopsy. I wonder about the quantity and quality of the remains recovered in nearby Saguache County.

I'm recalling how quickly BM sold SM's vehicle how BM was sure to get it as far away from Colorado as possible -- driving/transporting it to Indiana.

Also recalling the spa chemical containers located on the floor of the front passenger seat and wonder if these bottles were empty or full. I wonder if the bottles were tested by LE.

In allegations made against DA LS, she allegedly texted Mike King that the hot tub at the family residence had not been used for an extended period of time.

BM's alleged stop at the Stove and Spa store has never set right with me. Did BM purchase spa chemicals or just part of the ruse? The entire story remains fishy to me.

I'm not familiar with the chemical ingredients of Spa treatment products and wonder if they contain any properties used to escalate decomposition, or if BM could have simply used the containers to transport off label chemicals known to aid in destroying evidence from SM's body.

When Fotis Dulos murdered and disappeared his still missing wife Jennifer, he used the vehicle of one of his employees on the date Jennifer was murdered. He also replaced the seats in this vehicle -- which fortunately caused his employee to be suspicious of him and kept his old seats in storage (which ultimately were found to contain evidence of Jennifer's blood when tested).

Dulos' co-defendant and former girlfriend M Troconis goes to trial in January, and has tried implicating the former employee as the alternate suspect -- as if nobody noticed that Dulos shaved his head similar to the employee-- just before Jennifer forever disappeared.

More questions than answers. MOO #JusticeForSuzanne.

Didn't SM text BM on May 9th to "get hot tub stuff"? I always assumed she was attempting to stall him coming home if she wanted more private time to text with JL. All a guess. imo

Didn't SM text BM on May 9th to "get hot tub stuff"? I always assumed she was attempting to stall him coming home if she wanted more private time to text with JL. All a guess. imo

Yes she did but not clear if he actually picked up "spa stuff" or if SM did this herself, and why the containers were inside her vehicle.

IMO, SM wanted to be prepared in the event her traveling daughters and their friend wanted to use the tub after their long journey. Just like changing daughters bed linen. (Mom's are always prepared whether daughters intended to stay or not). I think we've since learned spending Mother's Day with SM was low priority that year. MOO

Yes she did but not clear if he actually picked up "spa stuff" or if SM did this herself, and why the containers were inside her vehicle.

I drove myself a bit mad with these questions and I don't understand why the truck telematics don't resolve it - but i do suspect LE does know if anyone went to the spa store that week from the combo of telematics, location data and cellular data.

IMO, SM wanted to be prepared in the event her traveling daughters and their friend wanted to use the tub after their long journey. Just like changing daughters bed linen. (Mom's are always prepared whether daughters intended to stay or not). I think we've since learned spending Mother's Day with SM was low priority that year. MOO

Quite possible IMO. It may be the spa shop doesn't have any relevance except as a fabrication to try to explain the missing mileage.

I somewhat agree however I think they need to be solid on how and when he got to Moffat and why there is no cadaverine evidence at the home or in vehicles otherwise there could be reasonable doubt in a murder trial. I agree on the Bike...they will need to prove it was staged in order to win otherwise there could be reasonable doubt she wasn't snatched as there is no forensic evidence from the home or "means" that we know of at this point.
Didn't LE bring dogs that 'hit' on the bobcat blade and some other areas outside the Morphew home ?
As far as staging the bike, it looks as if only the person who may be responsible for Suzanne's death, might be the same person who ditched the bike and the helmet ?
Which makes it appear unlikely that a random person kidnapped Suzanne as they'd just grab her and drive away .... why stage anything ?

Sorry I am trying to catch up and will continue to read the back threads before this one.
Have also read articles & watched a few documentaries, but so far none of them seem to be in favor of the 'Suzanne was abducted' theory.
So there's that.
Omo.

I drove myself a bit mad with these questions and I don't understand why the truck telematics don't resolve it - but i do suspect LE does know if anyone went to the spa store that week from the combo of telematics, location data and cellular data.

Quite possible IMO. It may be the spa shop doesn't have any relevance except as a fabrication to try to explain the missing mileage.
Spa store on way to burial site from PP. So a car change or accomplice could be in Poncha Springs.

@CoffindafferFBI

Certainly have not forgotten about #SuzanneMorphew and am waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop and for #BarryMorphew to be recharged. More facts on that case to come.

10:12 AM · Dec 8, 2023

Wow, judging from that video which I assume is from the time authorities were unearthing SM's remains - SM's remains were found close to a dirt road, not far from that road's entrance from the main road, and very close to a cellphone tower. I wonder how often cellphone towers are serviced (ETA: and also wonder whether there are any kind of cameras mounted on the tower).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth