Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I understand OP's question but during that break in time SM sent selfie to JL and BM arrived home from trip to DSi for blade change, BM tried calling SM 5-6 times to no avail. IMO, he was now fuming and got out of his truck without bothering to close his door.

I also think SM went to her bedroom closet to engage in Whatsapp with JL but he failed to log in. JMO

BM makes many of those calls after he gets out.

I wonder if the sequence is, he got out, did not close the door, so his phone stayed connected to the truck - he is them running around looking for SM. One reason he might call her so many times even though she is home, is she is hiding, or she is locked in the bedroom.

BM makes many of those calls after he gets out.

I wonder if the sequence is, he got out, did not close the door, so his phone stayed connected to the truck - he is them running around looking for SM. One reason he might call her so many times even though she is home, is she is hiding, or she is locked in the bedroom.
Once it was apparent that JL wasn't signing on to whatsapp, it's pretty evident that she changed clothes. Hung up the bikini. Did she shower? Was her phone charging?

I wish we could pinpoint precisely where she was when Barry pulled in....

Laundry room?

Isn't that where Barry first went, the back patio? Did he fire at her and miss? He never misses... when he's taking down large game.... but Suzanne? Did he fire in and around the breezeway? And that's what alerted Suzanne and she ran through the house systematically locking all the doors, including finally the bedroom door, in an attempt to buy enough time to call 911?

Did she grab her phone, pulling the charger with it, and try to hide in the closet? Is that where Barry overtook her?

Had she been wearing those bike shorts? Her bikini was hung up neatly. But not her bike shorts. Who removed them from her?

Is there any way, without her actual phone, to know if there was any activity in and around 2:46/7? Touch screen light up? Charging stop?

I think Suzanne missed Barry's calls not out of defiance nor apathy nor JL. JL was IMO not available during that critical time period. I think she was busy. I think it was Barry himself who ascribed meaning to her not taking his calls -- then realizing she may have already left on her bike ride (signaling that he did know she wasn't a morning rider!).

I don't find Barry to be clever. I don't think he concocted the bike ride from thin air. I think Suzanne was in fact gearing up for it and was dressed, dressing, half-dressed or had help against her will undressing for her ride, and that's what gave him the idea.

Because the girls were camping, he knew he had time to himself to get rid of everything that might implicate him or indicate a rocky marriage, including Suzanne's body.

I hope LE scoured every wall and door jamb on that house for a errant dart nick in door, wood or drywall. That substance which was negative for blood, was that BAM? From a miss?

The question remains -- Barry, where's your cooler?

He might dodge arrest in 2024 but it's coming.

JMO

Last edited:
Once it was apparent that JL wasn't signing on to whatsapp, it's pretty evident that she changed clothes. Hung up the bikini. Did she shower? Was her phone charging?

I wish we could pinpoint precisely where she was when Barry pulled in....

Laundry room?

Isn't that where Barry first went, the back patio? Did he fire at her and miss? He never misses... when he's taking down large game.... but Suzanne? Did he fire in and around the breezeway? And that's what alerted Suzanne and she ran through the house systematically locking all the doors, including finally the bedroom door, in an attempt to buy enough time to call 911?

Did she grab her phone, pulling the charger with it, and try to hide in the closet? Is that where Barry overtook her?

Had she been wearing those bike shorts? Her bikini was hung up neatly. But not her bike shorts. Who removed them from her?

Is there any way, without her actual phone, to know if there was any activity in and around 2:46/7? Touch screen light up? Charging stop?

I think Suzanne missed Barry's calls not out of defiance nor apathy nor JL. JL was IMO not available during that critical time period. I think she was busy. I think it was Barry himself who ascribed meaning to her not taking his calls -- then realizing she may have already left on her bike ride (signaling that he did know she wasn't a morning rider!).

I don't find Barry to be clever. I don't think he concocted the bike ride from thin air. I think Suzanne was in fact gearing up for it and was dressed, dressing, half-dressed or had help against her will undressing for her ride, and that's what gave him the idea.

Because the girls were camping, he knew he had time to himself to get rid of everything that might implicate him or indicate a rocky marriage, including Suzanne's body.

I hope LE scoured every wall and door jamb on that house for a errant dart nick in door, wood or drywall. That substance which was negative for blood, was that BAM? From a miss?

The question remains -- Barry, where's your cooler?

He might dodge arrest in 2024 but it's coming.

JMO
I don't think he was shooting at her. I think the shooting theory was tantalizing and made for big drama but I don't think he was shooting at her.

It's entirely possible that he didn't tranquilize her or even attempt to.

But she did disappear and turned up very dead, dispersed from a shallow grave well within his wheelhouse and radius.

Even confronted with his geo movements circa 2:46 +/-, he didn't challenge the data. He confirmed it.

Shooting chipmunks? Where were the spent shells? Where were the little bodies? Peculiar task to pick up at the very same moment his wife's digital presence dies for all time.

He wasn't chasing chipmunks. But he was doing something.

And IMO that something tracks the perimeter of their home, garage and breezeway allowing him to blow through walls, as it were. Hits all the access points...

Maybe he splintered that bedroom door earlier in the week but it's a neon light for DV whenever it occurred. That Suzanne and her phone and her bike clothes are missing, essentially from her bedroom, it's not a small coincidence that that very door was breached with force.

Additionally Barry copped to the dryer sheath. Striking two deer to de-antler them. Right there in the breezeway. As one does. Two. What does HE know that WE don't? A second sheath floating around somewhere?

And where was the OPERABLE weapon he used to dart those does?

Funny that all of a sudden veggie stew fueled him to randomly clear out his garage pit. He admitted to throwing away his tranq materials. That very weekend. Three hours from home, a thousand dumpsters closer and more convenient. A legal one right there in his development.

Why he'd think anybody would be interested in his tranq materials?

Why would a plastic sheath be in the laundry, perhaps in his laundered shorts from that very day even, for shootings he claimed were weeks earlier. Granted I don't know Suzanne, didn't then and Barry stole any chance I might ever, but she doesn't strike me as the sort to pile up laundry and do it every few weeks...

IMO this is about connecting dots. Coincidences. Circumstances.

He admits he was racing and chasing. He admits he had a gun. He admits he had tranq materials and that he disposed of them. He admits he had a weapon capable of discharging darts recently.... and on top of all that, there's a sheath in the laundry. In the same load with shorts, strikingly similar to what he'd been wearing earlier that day....

Yup, he admits to firing two darts.

I think he just got a little mixed up on the mechanically thing he did -- with his operable weapon and two darts (possibly he filled two darts using only one syringe) -- and which day he did it. Not unlike the hike they never went on, the soup they never ate, the steak they never shared.

I don't know how Suzanne ultimately died -- the scratches suggest it was up, close and personal at at least one point -- but Barry's outlandish explanations confirm for me that tranquilizers featured into the violence. Why? If they were important enough to him to try to Bsplain them away, then they're important to what happened.

I'm not guessing. I'm listening to what Barry is saying. You don't have to create a story if the truth is exonerating.

JMO

Last edited:
BM talked about the different things that could have happened to SM, creating his own narrative, including an animal attack!

Imo, the forensics will tell most of the story, and will take some time - months! Iirc, it took forensic anthropologist months to determine a skull fracture in the Dylan Redwine case. jmo

Detailed informative article, worth the read- moo

Oct 4, 2023, 10:42 AM EDT

Just struck me what a hypocrit he is. Double standards.

Apparently the czar of the neighborhood garbage bin, making sure no one illegally dumps.... but then he's using dumpsters that he has no right to....

Patrols the perimeter of PP so searchers don't trespass on his property, never mind that they're looking for his wife.

But he had no trouble digging a shallow grave on property that wasn't his....

Divorce is wrong, but murder? Just something you gotta do?

He might want to take another look at that Bible.

JMO

You guys need to look at the call times. He arrives at 14:44 and makes the call to Crib 75s later. He makes 5 calls in those first 4 and a bit minutes.

I don’t think he was shooting anything during that time.

You guys need to look at the call times. He arrives at 14:44 and makes the call to Crib 75s later. He makes 5 calls in those first 4 and a bit minutes.

I don’t think he was shooting anything during that time.
I went back to the AA (p131)... and compared the rendering of his positions around the house and compared that to the phone log.

Something IS off. He's moving around the house while making these calls? He's calling Suzanne after he arrived at home? 2:52 even, per the chart.

Was he multi tasking? Trying to get into the house while continuing to make phone calls, continuing to call Suzanne?

I don't know what to make of that, except that maybe he didn't break into the bedroom until ten minutes or more later? What would Suzanne have been doing during that time? Still showering? Pulling bedding off? Starting laundry? Aware that Busy B was underfoot, busy as ever, call call calling people?

I think it's pretty obvious that Suzanne stretched her phone battery that morning. She basically went offline close to sending the swimsuit selfie. I think. And stayed offline because IMO her phone required juicing. That leaves her a good half hour for which we really don't know what she was doing....certainly going about her day, unaware that Barry was sidling intentionally nearer...

@mrjitty, what do you think he was doing between 2:44 and 2:52 or thereabouts? At what point do you think he converged upon Suzanne and where?

It's harrowing to me, every time I read through the AA, that Suzanne was very much alive, fun of life, anticipating her next minutes, months, future all the while Barry was lining himself up to take it all away from her.

It's ugly when pride and ego collide.

JMO

@mrjitty the times need to be converted from UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

A poster (credit @sk716) did a ton of research on this a couple years ago and created a spreadsheet with the converted (-6 hours) UTC to MST- Mountain Standard Times.
See below post which includes link to detailed spreadsheet for the truck events and calls. See column F on spreadsheet for the converted/actual Mountain Standard time that the events took place.

Post in thread 'CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97'
Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA: poster’s username.

Last edited:

A poster did a ton of research on this a couple years ago and created a spreadsheet with the converted (-6 hours) UTC to MST- Mountain Standard Times.
See below post which includes link to detailed spreadsheet for the truck events and calls. See column F on spreadsheet for the correct/actual Mountain Standard times the events took place.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne
I can't recall now but wasn't there another adjustment to be made for daylight savings too?

I wish we could see this on white boards and overlays. AT TRIAL.

jmo

For those interested, below are a couple more posts explaining a little more about the UTC times and further discussion from a couple years ago. If you go back to the threads/discussions from March 2022, you can find several posts discussing all this.

Post in thread 'CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98'
Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

*Will be nice to hear expert testimony on this AT FUTURE TRIAL.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA: links from previous threads.

Last edited:

A poster (credit @sk716) did a ton of research on this a couple years ago and created a spreadsheet with the converted (-6 hours) UTC to MST- Mountain Standard Times.
See below post which includes link to detailed spreadsheet for the truck events and calls. See column F on spreadsheet for the converted/actual Mountain Standard time that the events took place.

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA: poster’s username.
Quoting my own post as too late to edit.
BBM above, I just took a quick glance when I first revisited and posted the spreadsheet above. Column A is the actual MS Colorado time.
Apologies for the confusion!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

Quoting my own post as too late to edit.
BBM above, I just took a quick glance when I first revisited and posted the spreadsheet above. Column A is the actual MS Colorado time.
Apologies for the confusion!

IMHOO

#JusticeForSuzanne

That is the SK716 sheet i pasted from!

You can see the call to Crib is at 14:45.14 colorado time - 75 seconds after the truck door opens.

If i have something wrong - let me know what! I checked the crib call in the defence exhibit and it seems to be the same as SK logged it in the sheet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 22.36.25.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 22.36.25.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 12
I can't recall now but wasn't there another adjustment to be made for daylight savings too?

I wish we could see this on white boards and overlays. AT TRIAL.

jmo

I think this might be the problem - the call times are out by 1 hour compared to the truck times which are correct.

e.g according to the AA, BM made his 11th out of 12 calls to SM at 1.51 pm - SK716s sheet has that call at 14:52

ETA - i checked the Berla report in the defence exhibit where SK716 copied all the data from, and it has the same times as in SK716s sheet - so i think the only answer is the call times in Berla are logged one hour ahead of when they took place - the AA seems to confirm that.

The prosecution has the cell records and BMs phone so they must know that 11th call to SM was at 1.51pm and not at 14:52 as show in the Berla report

ETA 2 - i just checked the other defense exhibits and there is a log of calls from a different source which confirms the calls in SK716s sheet all have to have one hour and one minute removed

I guess somehow the truck events have the right time, and the phone records have the right time, but the phone logs in the BERLA truck report have a daylight saving issue.
weird!

Last edited:
I went back to the AA (p131)... and compared the rendering of his positions around the house and compared that to the phone log.

Something IS off. He's moving around the house while making these calls? He's calling Suzanne after he arrived at home? 2:52 even, per the chart.

Was he multi tasking? Trying to get into the house while continuing to make phone calls, continuing to call Suzanne?

I don't know what to make of that, except that maybe he didn't break into the bedroom until ten minutes or more later? What would Suzanne have been doing during that time? Still showering? Pulling bedding off? Starting laundry? Aware that Busy B was underfoot, busy as ever, call call calling people?

I think it's pretty obvious that Suzanne stretched her phone battery that morning. She basically went offline close to sending the swimsuit selfie. I think. And stayed offline because IMO her phone required juicing. That leaves her a good half hour for which we really don't know what she was doing....certainly going about her day, unaware that Barry was sidling intentionally nearer...

@mrjitty, what do you think he was doing between 2:44 and 2:52 or thereabouts? At what point do you think he converged upon Suzanne and where?

It's harrowing to me, every time I read through the AA, that Suzanne was very much alive, fun of life, anticipating her next minutes, months, future all the while Barry was lining himself up to take it all away from her.

It's ugly when pride and ego collide.

JMO
I think perhaps you haven’t calculated the phone drift. It’s pretty remarkable how phones jump around especially in areas with obstructive landscape and not alot of cell towers. His phone could be jumping all over that house and he could be standing still somewhere. It’s really moot because my guess is none of that moving around rapidly chasing something will be part of any future trial.

What do you think his intent for messing with his truck was? That incident where he unplugged or reset something on Saturday later in the day? Was he trying to erase something from earlier in the day or was he trying to see if he could erase data somehow by rebooting it or is it something else? I have wondered if he was going to use the truck so he was trying to reset it to see if he could do it.. then he decided to just take a different vehicle.
MOO stress maybe had hin disconnect it and then realizing the odometer reports before and after disconnect and reset cant be altered and will create a discrepancy for that afternoon.
Plan B, use old non GPS RR, or
Plan C put it all on black and incolve an accomplice, drive 7 miles one way to meet up with them, say at the fire camp, and trust the accomplices loyalty and sympathy for his and accidental killing in a "rage at a cheating wife scenario."

I think to confirm this i would need to reconcile the defence call exhibit for BMs phone against the defence exhibit of the BERLA to make sure they are the same calls in the same order just an hour wrong.

WS Admin previously approved the transcripts of the multi-day Preliminary Hearing by YT host Plunder. The links in the Media Only Thread are no longer good but if anybody wants to locate working links and review, they might have details on the call history and timeline -- including confirmation of the adjustments necessary for real time. To be clear, Plunder approval was limited to the PH transcript videos only.

WS Pre-approved videos of the Court Transcript of Prelim Hearing Only.

COURT TRANSCRIPT: Suzanne Morphew’s spy pen recordings, $ inheritance & Barry’s investment in silver 9/4/2021

COURT TRANSCRIPT: Suzanne Morphew called the cops, Barry Morphew sneaked up to 19057 Puma Path house 9/6/2021

COURT TRANSCRIPT: Suzanne Morphew’s LAST “planet Earth” 2:11pm LinkedIn DM to Jeff Libler: I’m on WhatsApp 9/8/2021

WS Admin previously approved the transcripts of the multi-day Preliminary Hearing by YT host Plunder. The links in the Media Only Thread are no longer good but if anybody wants to locate working links and review, they might have details on the call history and timeline -- including confirmation of the adjustments necessary for real time. To be clear, Plunder approval was limited to the PH transcript videos only.

Additional link for same (WS site limits media links to 3 per post).

COURT TRANSCRIPT: Suzanne Morphew & Jeff Libler MULTI-DAY MARCO ISLAND trip, Back2Back Barry Morphew 9/11/2021

That is the SK716 sheet i pasted from!

You can see the call to Crib is at 14:45.14 colorado time - 75 seconds after the truck door opens.

If i have something wrong - let me know what! I checked the crib call in the defence exhibit and it seems to be the same as SK logged it in the sheet.
RBBM. No you don’t have anything wrong mrjitty, it was my mistake looking at the wrong column upon quick glance of the spreadsheet.

Thank you for your intelligent, insightful posts, you rock!

IMHO

#JusticeForSuzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members