Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne had finally told him she was done. On Saturday, he was blowing up her phone and she wouldn’t answer. He was used to sweet talking (aka guilting her) into giving him another chance. I believe he knew she was talking to JL, suspected the affair. Huge blow to his ego. This time, he knew Suzanne was serious about ending the marriage, taking a toll on his finances (and also his ego.) He thought he owned her. Barry‘s powder keg of possessiveness exploded.

Most dangerous time for a woman is when she’s leaving the relationship.

Suzanne didn’t stand a chance.

jmo
Yes to all this but something happened. That pushed Suzanne to immediate resolve. I don't think I know what that is but some ideas come to mind. She caught him in an unforgivable lie. He invited his mistress into their home. He threatened suicide or played dead to win her sympathy. He assaulted her. He confronted her over her communications and threatened to kill her lover, in colorful fashion. He flushed her treatment/pain meds. All MOO.

IMO he was still in damage control mode by Saturday, trying to sweet talk Suzanne  and learn who she was talking to. IMO that's who he wanted to kill and would have killed. IMO it's what he saw on his trail cams and then on his mini cam on Saturday morning that burst his rage artery. Sloppy, reckless, rage-filled murder.

JMO

Last edited:
Suzanne had finally told him she was done. On Saturday, he was blowing up her phone and she wouldn’t answer. He was used to sweet talking (aka guilting her) into giving him another chance. I believe he knew she was talking to JL, suspected the affair. Huge blow to his ego. This time, he knew Suzanne was serious about ending the marriage, taking a toll on his finances (and also his ego.) He thought he owned her. Barry‘s powder keg of possessiveness exploded.

jmo
Agree and I've often wondered if Suzanne didn't refuse to have marital relations with B after she said she was "done". She noted that she was in love with JL and wanted to be husband and wife so maybe she thought it was time to stop giving in to BM's requests for s e x.

Maybe he tried on Saturday and she point blank refused because she was really 'done' this time, he tried to force the issue, and she ran from him. I can see that as sending BM in a blinding rage. How dare she? Remember he made the comment in later police interviews that Suzanne had changed, not the loving companion she'd always been and had "gotten ballsy" lately. Who even says that?

MOO

jmo
I agree. Also, with the girls returning from their trip, the clock was running out.

Maybe, he slimyly tried to save their marriage since Tuesday May 5th, when the girls were gone. But he had no success; quite the opposite, as he had to find out. His annoyance slowly increased, and there wasn't much left to actually implement the evil plan (murder), he had made in case, SM wouldn't consent to the continuation of the marriage and would further insist on back payment of her inheritance. So her time had come on Saturday/Sunday, BM's very last hours to have it done ("disappearing"), before the girls would have been back. Add to it his jealousy and possessiveness re. SM's affair.
I imagine it possibly like that.
I need to revisit some of the evidence, but didn't Barry call Suzanne's Dad in those few days also. I can't recall it if it was about borrowing money or something.. this was before Suzanne went "missing". I have to wonder if some of Barry's growing anger was because of the money. I think Suzanne knew something he was doing was not on the up and up. She did some of his work stuff for him. I also recall Barry burned some things in the fireplace.. possibly files and I do wonder if some of it was things he was doing that were not totally right/legal. Maybe she knew that too. I do think he burned the journal, but didn't he tell LE they were going through old files or something.. I think it was just all a perfect storm that week.

I need to revisit some of the evidence, but didn't Barry call Suzanne's Dad in those few days also. I can't recall it if it was about borrowing money or something.. this was before Suzanne went "missing". I have to wonder if some of Barry's growing anger was because of the money. I think Suzanne knew something he was doing was not on the up and up. She did some of his work stuff for him. I also recall Barry burned some things in the fireplace.. possibly files and I do wonder if some of it was things he was doing that were not totally right/legal. Maybe she knew that too. I do think he burned the journal, but didn't he tell LE they were going through old files or something.. I think it was just all a perfect storm that week.
I’ve always thought this boiled down to money and that BM did not want a divorce as it would expose his murky finances. Maybe she threatened him with disclosing his unethical/ illegal finances to his daughters and family/ friends, and he snapped. He was not going to be embarrassed by anyone! The narc is very, very concerned with what their family and friends think of them.

Agree and I've often wondered if Suzanne didn't refuse to have marital relations with B after she said she was "done". She noted that she was in love with JL and wanted to be husband and wife so maybe she thought it was time to stop giving in to BM's requests for s e x.

Maybe he tried on Saturday and she point blank refused because she was really 'done' this time, he tried to force the issue, and she ran from him. I can see that as sending BM in a blinding rage. How dare she? Remember he made the comment in later police interviews that Suzanne had changed, not the loving companion she'd always been and had "gotten ballsy" lately. Who even says that?

MOO
But BM said in the AA that after they ate steaks of 1 plate, off 2 plates, hand washed his plate.... then made love.... it was a 'perfect' night... Barry said so, so it has to be true.

MOO
Definitely fits with the details of his alibi.

Yes! Didn't he say something like "you can tell your son I paid the money back"? Or something to that effect

moo jmo imo

I’m willing to wait as long as it takes for BM to be arrested and convicted. But is it normal for the coroner to take six months to determine a cause of death or manner of death (homicide) and get toxicology reports back? Can he withhold that information from the next of kin? I guess the coroner owes the public nothing during an investigation and I’m ok with that. I’m just curious.

I’m willing to wait as long as it takes for BM to be arrested and convicted. But is it normal for the coroner to take six months to determine a cause of death or manner of death (homicide) and get toxicology reports back? Can he withhold that information from the next of kin? I guess the coroner owes the public nothing during an investigation and I’m ok with that. I’m just curious.

Are we expecting them to announce anything? It's obvious she has been murdered. I doubt they'll give any public info unless they are seeking a new suspect.

Are we expecting them to announce anything? It's obvious she has been murdered. I doubt they'll give any public info unless they are seeking a new suspect.
No of course not. But sometimes you just want to hear from them. I guess we will hear at trial and that will be soon enough.
Of course she was murdered. She didn’t bury herself there. And her brothers and sister would have asked for a decent burial closer to them. Like I said, just curious.

No of course not. But sometimes you just want to hear from them. I guess we will hear at trial and that will be soon enough.
Of course she was murdered. She didn’t bury herself there. And her brothers and sister would have asked for a decent burial closer to them. Like I said, just curious.
IMO Barry will want her buried in Indiana, close to him!

Or do you mean close to his couch?
Either way, the joke is lost on me. BM would want her buried as far away as possible. Maybe in the sea? I’m sure he hoped she would never be found. Why would anyone think he would want her close to him in Indiana? its not like he is going to be there. I think he may be buried closer to a prison in Colorado?

Either way, the joke is lost on me. BM would want her buried as far away as possible. Maybe in the sea? I’m sure he hoped she would never be found. Why would anyone think he would want her close to him in Indiana? its not like he is going to be there. I think he may be buried closer to a prison in Colorado?
He will want to push the narrative of the grieving husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124