Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM did some housekeeping -- filed a motion on 2/5/24 to terminate SM's Guardianship and the Court granted the motion on 2/7/24.

Hamilton County Superior Court 1
29D01-2006-GU-000096
In Re: the Guardianship of Suzanne R Morphew
File date: 06/01/2020, Disposition date: 02/14/2023

02/02/2024
Input Date:Unavailable
Type:Motion to Terminate Guardianship Filed
Status Report and Verified Motion to Termiante Guardianship filed. Order
submitted. ss
Filed By: Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp: 02/02/2024

02/07/2024
Type:Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order Granting Motion to Terminate Guardianship ---- 2/5/2024 : Bruce Arthur
Boje;Laurie Dee Johnson

BM did some housekeeping -- filed a motion on 2/5/24 to terminate SM's Guardianship and the Court granted the motion on 2/7/24.

29D01-2006-GU-000096

02/02/2024
submitted. ss

02/07/2024
Boje;Laurie Dee Johnson

Is there anyway of seeing the motion and order?

29D01-2006-GU-000096

02/02/2024
submitted. ss

02/07/2024
Boje;Laurie Dee Johnson

Guess he doesn’t need to be guardian any longer. Once she was found dead, he inherited all of her money - or whatever was left after already spending her money on lawyers.

Guess he doesn’t need to be guardian any longer. Once she was found dead, he inherited all of her money - or whatever was left after already spending her money on lawyers.
Would he have had to file paperwork to support that Suzanne was dead? I know it’s been reported in the media, but does this mean a death certificate has been issued?

Would he have had to file paperwork to support that Suzanne was dead? I know it’s been reported in the media, but does this mean a death certificate has been issued?
I would have to think so.

Which suggests there's a cause of death.

It must not be favorable to BM or IE would be dancing with a microphone.

Safe to say then that the BM camp isn't going to reveal it. LE isn't going to reveal it, for prosecutorial reasons.

Can the media put in the request?

It irks me to no end that BM tried to control Suzanne while she was living, most likely orchestrated her death, then managed to gain control of her finances when she went ‘missing’.

The only slight comfort is that she is finally free of him in the afterlife.

jmo

Last edited:

Safe to say then that the BM camp isn't going to reveal it. LE isn't going to reveal it, for prosecutorial reasons.

Perhaps it’s a provisional death certificate just certifying the identity?

Unless it says "unknown cause of death" or" Undetermined cause of death" in some places is used. Sure would be interesting to know what is on it!

With the passage of time and the scattering of Suzanne's bones, I really think it's unlikely that her cause of death will be able to be determined. All I'm really hoping for is that her gravesite provides some sort of evidence (clothing or something). Cause of death will be undermined, with manner of death being homicide - obviously.

With the passage of time and the scattering of Suzanne's bones, I really think it's unlikely that her cause of death will be able to be determined. All I'm really hoping for is that her gravesite provides some sort of evidence (clothing or something). Cause of death will be undermined, with manner of death being homicide - obviously.
Maybe the bones were scattered sometime after burial. It was earlier May and overnight temps maintained 30-45 type range into June. That might leave some opportunity for forensic evidence to be maintained.

I still want BM's DNA found under Suzanne's fingernails. I know she made those scratches on his arms and that type of DNA can last for years. Please, please, pretty please. :)

I think it’s wishful thinking, but I’m right here with you, wishing. :)
Waaay, waaaay back,...viewing that LE photo of:
"These? Oh.... Well, these are tree branch scratches I got searching by myself in the dark for [Oh!] Suzanne straight after I got home."
Back then I commented that the area around the fresh scabbing appeared to have been cleanly shaved/depilated with noteworthy precision...
...as would be consistent with said wounds being cleaned and dressed by, for example, one with training/experience as a military medical corpsman or nurse.

BUT... BUT... OMG!! Wasn't the Barr's-then-flame/*advertiser censored* obliging neighborhood homemaker & dumpster bud/ Suze-sort-of-look-alike/ adjunct FEDEX/UPS/AMAZON supernumerary... WOW!! Wouldn't?..Well, 'fer sure! That medical Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) acquired drilling with the Army Guard would have made his GF, (What was her surname: Dark"?), even more useful!
{And, as waaay back, "ata:MOO"}
PS, & to my present point:
Now I hope to heck LE has already and repeatedly put GF w/benefit of counsel's feet to the fire re. dressing the evidence of Suzanne's mortal struggle, and that we're just ignorant of the fact, let alone details, pending fresh charges. IMO, in due course she needs to be 'dealt-out', [as in, an arrangement for mutual advantage (as for a defendant to testify in exchange for immunity from prosecution)].

[The lead prosecutor in the case against Barry Morphew, who was accused of killing his wife Suzanne, has been accused of retaliation against the judge presiding over the now-dropped case.

The Attorney Regulation Counsel on Thursday filed a complaint against Mark Hurlbert, a deputy district attorney for the 11th Judicial District Attorney's Office. The complaint, which was filed with the state Supreme Court, accuses Hurlbert of joining an effort by DA Linda Stanley to discredit Judge Ramsey Lama. It also accuses Hurlbert of not disclosing evidence and expert testimony to the defense in the time frame that is required
The complaint includes text messages between Hurlbert and Stanley where they discuss investigating Lama after a series of rulings against the prosecution. ]

[The lead prosecutor in the case against Barry Morphew, who was accused of killing his wife Suzanne, has been accused of retaliation against the judge presiding over the now-dropped case.

The Attorney Regulation Counsel on Thursday filed a complaint against Mark Hurlbert, a deputy district attorney for the 11th Judicial District Attorney's Office. The complaint, which was filed with the state Supreme Court, accuses Hurlbert of joining an effort by DA Linda Stanley to discredit Judge Ramsey Lama. It also accuses Hurlbert of not disclosing evidence and expert testimony to the defense in the time frame that is required
The complaint includes text messages between Hurlbert and Stanley where they discuss investigating Lama after a series of rulings against the prosecution. ]
Hopefully 11th district can get some competent people back in charge of the DAs office.

MOO I prefered Turner, as I found her background of successfully defending correctional officers to be a worthy track record.
But she was an appointee for a vacancy created by the previous DA quitting and her pikitcs weren't a great match for the area.
Still Stanley's track record was not so good, only a police officer for 8 months I believe and a client ethics complaint against her.

Turner didn't feel the Morrphew case was complete enough to go with, Spezze disagreed and backed Stanley, totally his right. The other 3 sheriffs in the 11th district backed Turned saying the DA office was working well for them.
But ultimatley the better political fit for the area and Sheriff Spezze's endorsement helped Stanley win the election.
I wished her every success as this murder case is one I want to see be successful.
But the PC was a disaster, and basically I knew it was a lost cause then due to shockingly unprepared witnesses, a rambling PCA and lack of pertinent maps and visuals.

Last edited:
Hopefully 11th district can get some competent people back in charge of the DAs office.

MOO I prefered Turner, as I found her background of successfully defending correctional officers to be a worthy track record.
But she was an appointee for a vacancy created by the previous DA quitting and her pikitcs weren't a great match for the area.
Still Stanley's track record was not so good, only a police officer for 8 months I believe and a client ethics complaint against her.

Turner didn't feel the Morrphew case was complete enough to go with, Spezze disagreed and backed Stanley, totally his right. The other 3 sheriffs in the 11th district backed Turned saying the DA office was working well for them.
But ultimatley the better political fit for the area and Sheriff Spezze's endorsement helped Stanley win the election.
I wished her every success as this murder case is one I want to see be successful.
But the PC was a disaster, and basically I knew it was a lost cause then due to shockingly unprepared witnesses, a rambling PCA and lack of pertinent maps and visuals.
I agree LS made some big missteps in this case. Judge Lamas basically cut the State's expert witnesses off at the knees. Thank goodness they dismissed the case without prejudice because I don't know if a jury would have convicted BM without the expert witness testimony and no body, it wan't worth the gamble at that point.

I think the case is much stronger now with having located the remains of Suzanne, and I believe a retrial will find him guilty and locked away for life, which is exactly what he deserves IMO.

MOO

Jeez, what a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory