Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the quoted link.

District Court Judge Kaitlin B. Turner wrote in an order Wednesday that 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley's "actions reflect knowing and intentional outrageous government conduct." The order concludes that her conduct violated the defendant's right to due process and, as a result, "dismissal of the charges is an appropriate remedy."

This action by Turner is not supported by the facts of this cruel murderer who was days out of detention when he hooked up with the mother of the infant. The autopsy of the infant tells the truth.

DA Stanley was insanely foolish and stupidly naive to believe she was speaking off the record. MOO

seems a crazy heavy sanction

that said i am big against these out of court statements

Yes, this was about the Prosecution making a public comment during the investigation. In comparison, at BM's arrest, besides her wardrobe, LS was also condemned following the press conference for responding to a reporter's question that BM's only comment was to ask for an attorney. That too allegedly violated the defendant's civil rights....
Isn’t it sad and unfortunate - and granted I do not always live by one of the golden rules……. ‘Less is more’.

But why can’t some important individuals of authority and the rule of law get this simple fact? MOO

I have to wonder if the new DA is waiting for Linda Stanley to leave office before charging Barry. Otherwise, I think the mistakes LS made would be the headlines when he is arrested.
Anyone else think that might be a consideration?

I have to wonder if the new DA is waiting for Linda Stanley to leave office before charging Barry. Otherwise, I think the mistakes LS made would be the headlines when he is arrested.
Personally I'm not enjoying the delay.

I'm hopeful Barry is sweating it.

But yes, I think there's a fair chance you're right. And that would mean no arrest until after the 1st of the year.

I have however compiled my own list of suitable dates.

1. Any day now
2. Yesterday
3. Any felony Friday
4. Father's Day
5. The start day of any hunting season
6. National Steak Day, I'm sure there's one
7. National Chipmunks Day. Alternately deer, elk, mountain lion, bear, bobcat....
8. New Year's Day. Or Eve. I'm not partial.
9. Valentine's Day
Or
and I'm desperately hoping we don't have to wait that long
10. Mother's Day, 2025

It's still won't be husband's day, but one of these days, it IS going to be Barry's day.

JMO

I thought the case was being handled by another district now? The 12th?

Next February 25, 2025.
Coming from 'tea and toast' -- let's not malign toast!

But I'm ok with Feb 14, where BM can reminisce about time at the Antlers Plaza with his main squeeze-- while his wife was decaying in a shallow grave, less than 175 miles away. JMO

I thought the case was being handled by another district now? The 12th?
Yes, confirming the prosecution of SM's murder will be by the 12th Judicial District. I believe OP was opining about a "fresh start" where waiting for DA Stanley's term to be over might benefit the 12th Judicial Prosecution Team, suggesting Stanley would (or should) be gone from the Morphew news cycle. JMO

Maybe, when the bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do when they come for you come for Barry, they should give him a twenty second head start before giving chase. Kind of a fun game for him, I think he'd like it.

 JMO

Personally I'm not enjoying the delay.

I'm hopeful Barry is sweating it.

But yes, I think there's a fair chance you're right. And that would mean no arrest until after the 1st of the year.

I have however compiled my own list of suitable dates.

1. Any day now
2. Yesterday
3. Any felony Friday
4. Father's Day
5. The start day of any hunting season
6. National Steak Day, I'm sure there's one
7. National Chipmunks Day. Alternately deer, elk, mountain lion, bear, bobcat....
8. New Year's Day. Or Eve. I'm not partial.
9. Valentine's Day
Or
and I'm desperately hoping we don't have to wait that long
10. Mother's Day, 2025

It's still won't be husband's day, but one of these days, it IS going to be Barry's day.

JMO

Just tell me when

Jacobs was staying at Motel 6 where Crawford lived and worked at the front desk. According to local reports, he moved into her room shortly after they met. After the baby was found unresponsive, Jacobs initially told police that he was changing the baby's diaper when Edward "went stiff and began making gargling noises," according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the paper.

Jacobs confessed to allegedly abusing the baby before — by biting him on the arm while playing with him too hard and hitting the infant's head on the bathroom door frame while he was trying to make him vomit in the toilet.

He also said that the baby had been bitten by a dog before.

Stanley told the reporter in the interview that Jacobs "has a pretty awful past, including fondling his mom ... It's not good ... It's kinda weird ... What kid fondles their mom, right?"

The prosecutor also revealed that Jacobs had been previously charged with a sex crime, spent time in a juvenile detention center, and had a "violent past."

Unedited YT Transcript: Linda Stanley at Press Conference with Chaffee County Sheriff Spezze, May 5, 2021

3:58
my name is linda stanley i'm the
4:00
district attorney for the 11th judicial
4:01
district which includes fremont county
4:04
custer and chaffee county counties
4:07
total
4:08
i wanted to say that
4:10
thanks for being here for everybody and
4:12
there's a couple of things i'd like to
4:13
address
4:14
about this case first the investigation
4:16
is still ongoing
4:18
suzanne her body has not been found and
4:21
we are still looking into that the
4:23
investigation is ongoing second
4:25
barry morphew is presumed innocent until
4:28
proven guilty that's important to
4:30
remember
4:31
third the arrest affidavit is sealed at
4:33
this time i cannot and will not discuss
4:36
it
4:37
fourth all media inquiries from this
4:40
date forward should go through my office
4:43
however i'm sure you all are aware and
4:46
know
4:47
that we cannot talk about any open or
4:49
active investigation and that is
4:52
per the rules of professional conduct
4:54
that we will abide by
4:57
lastly i wanted to say that
4:59
today is a good day
5:03
it's a good day for all of the men and
5:04
women in law enforcement
5:06
that have tirelessly worked toward
5:08
getting here
5:10
they worked day in and day out
5:12
sacrificing more than any of you will
5:13
ever know
5:15
they even continued working and
5:17
continued their sacrifices as they were
5:19
being raked over the cold and second
5:21
guessed
5:22
as to their skills and abilities i'm
5:24
standing here in front of you on this
5:26
good day because they never quit
5:31
sheriff speesey
5:32
and his deputies at the chaffee county
5:34
sheriff's office
5:36
alex walker investigator for the 11
5:38
judicial district
5:40
those two individuals and sheriff
5:42
species office
5:45
in particular are consummate
5:47
professionals and quite frankly some of
5:49
the best i've ever worked with in my
5:51
entire professional career
5:52
they followed every lead every tip and
5:55
every unanswered question
5:57
no matter what direction it led them in
6:01
they never
6:02
compromised the integrity of the
6:04
investigation
6:06
on several occasions over the last few
6:07
months after i was sworn in on january
6:09
12th of this year
6:11
i met with these professionals and went
6:14
through hours and hours of their
6:15
meticulous investigation
6:19
their investigation
6:20
was presented to our office
6:23
just a few weeks ago
6:27
for me
6:28
today is a good day
6:30
but for my office
6:32
this is where the work begins
6:35
there's more work to be done
6:38
however this is an important incredibly
6:40
crucial step
6:43
and today is a good day for suzanne
6:46
as far as i'm concerned today is all
6:48
about suzanne
6:50
and it's about her family
6:53
and it's about all the individuals that
6:55
knew her and loved her and cared about
6:58
her
6:59
that's what this day is about and it's a
7:02
good day
7:03
thank you

5/5/21 -- Morphew Arrest: Chaffee County Sheriff Press Conference

They took a few questions from reporters following the PC. Most of the questions were directed to the Sheriff.

After reading claims cited by Judge Kaitlin Turner when dismissing 1st degree murder charge against baby killer William Jacobs (linked in post #174 above), I needed a refresher on the PC.

It seems in some circles, this presser is why Judge Lama Ordered a venue change for BM's trial!

SMH...

Last edited:
we looked under most stones that we knew of.

There is a problem here.

That problem is one of 2 things.

Either BM has more power and influence than any of us ever knew or the entire judiciary is nuts and awol, IMO.

She investigated that judge for DV.

Everybody is utterly outraged.
I would have done the exact same because there was no rational reason for his behaviour. And anything else I could think of as well.
Make it make sense!!!!

It makes zero sense.

Roll on a few months and we have another case, a murder case thrown out, victim, is punished.

I absolutely agree she was due a slap on the wrist for speaking but if it's all open source already she hardly broke state secrets..

Slippery slope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover
Back