Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 30 mins from where his location data has him moving towards where the bike was found, and when his phone goes into airplane mode on the way to Broomfield.

Wonder what he was doing during all that time?
It's key IMO.

His phone was, as I recall, in airplane mode.

Roughly a half hour, roughly 14 miles. It was important, whatever it was.

Local dumpsters? Suzanne's phone pinged and disappeared during that time.

Busy B was very busy.

JMO

It's key IMO.

Busy B was very busy.

JMO
Or a handoff of critical evidence to someone else? So, he didn't want the location of his phone to be connected to the location of someone else's phone (and/or their telematics, should they come under sufficient suspicion to justify a warrant?...)

Or a handoff of critical evidence to someone else? So, he didn't want the location of his phone to be connected to the location of someone else's phone (and/or their telematics, should they come under sufficient suspicion to justify a warrant?...)
Three things of "sentimental" value come to mind, worthy of a hand off.

The beloved Chipmunk gun

The operable tranq gun

$70,000

Lacking sentimenal value but also worthy

Suzanne's wedding set

He went left but I don't think he went to Garfield at all (his verb tense betrays him IMO).

Where does 7/14 miles up Foose's way get him?

What was he doing????

Tranqueing deerfish? For their fish-antlers?

He was doing  something.

Up. To. No. Good.

J.M.O.

Three things of "sentimental" value come to mind, worthy of a hand off.

The beloved Chipmunk gun

The operable tranq gun

$70,000

Lacking sentimenal value but also worthy

Suzanne's wedding set

He went left but I don't think he went to Garfield at all (his verb tense betrays him IMO).

Where does 7/14 miles up Foose's way get him?

What was he doing????

Tranqueing deerfish? For their fish-antlers?

He was doing  something.

Up. To. No. Good.

J.M.O.
I agree with much of your list, but there is NO WAY Barry parts with $70,000 if he has it in his mitts.

IIRC, that is what he was paid for the Broomfield subcontract. So, my personal belief is that the $70,000 was long since spent and never in his safe in early May 2020. But, he suspected he'd be asked to pay it back for the shoddy work that was going to have to be corrected by someone else and he wanted an explanation for his inability to repay that put the blame on SM.

Article updated in the last two hours. It includes a lengthy list of "property" Barry would like back.
Computers, cell phones, firearms, trail cams and a number of "Journals". Included is a "Gratitude Journal" and a "Notebook with Butterflies", no doubt Suzanne's personal Journals.

Just when I thought I couldn't become more disgusted with him....

JMO
Maybe his daughters would like the journals as a way to remember and stay connected to their mother? (Trying really hard to be positive.)

Which makes his assertion that Suzanne would've gone on an early morning bike ride even more ludicrous.

IMO it also pushes back Suzanne's sunning time to later (the day prior), less likely IMO to be before 11 am and more likely to be after noon, once the day warmed up.

I think Suzanne had every intention to ride her bike, as she routinely did, late afternoon, Saturday.

Except that Barry came home.

JMO
Absolutely. And then he killed her.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't think they're going to find her where they thought she was. It's been too long and surely the snow melted by now.
I don't think she's there. I've had this nagging feeling he put her in the river. When Adventures With Purpose was searching for her it seemed to focus around the river. They, of course, were scared off by ??? Don't know who it was but they had guns and were threatening.

I don't think she's there. I've had this nagging feeling he put her in the river. When Adventures With Purpose was searching for her it seemed to focus around the river. They, of course, were scared off by ??? Don't know who it was but they had guns and were threatening.
Wow, I missed that. AWP was run off by a group of gun toting civilians?? TIA

It's key IMO.

Busy B was very busy.

JMO

So I am guessing he went in airplane mode and didn't realise GPS would continue to passively track his location? That is how we know he moved towards the bike.

I suspect that the prosecution have a reasonable idea of where he went, but as we've never heard the expert phone evidence, we don't have the low down on that.

Wow, I missed that. AWP was run off by a group of gun toting civilians?? TIA
Not sure if they were civilians, don't know who they were. AWP said they circled their RV and circled AK's vehicle. The gun toting individuals were on the other side of the river, so AWP was advised to leave the area. Clearly, someone didn't want them searching for Suzanne.
That portion of the video starts about 15 minutes in.

Last edited:
Maybe his daughters would like the journals as a way to remember and stay connected to their mother? (Trying really hard to be positive.)
Well, from what they've shown previously about caring for Suzanne, a hard no. I hope that changes because Suzanne loved her daughters, but they are under the influence of their father and that is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18