Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three things of "sentimental" value come to mind, worthy of a hand off.

The beloved Chipmunk gun

The operable tranq gun

$70,000

Lacking sentimenal value but also worthy

Suzanne's wedding set

He went left but I don't think he went to Garfield at all (his verb tense betrays him IMO).

Where does 7/14 miles up Foose's way get him?

What was he doing????

Tranqueing deerfish? For their fish-antlers?

He was doing  something.

Up. To. No. Good.

J.M.O.
He met someone. Has to do with a gun. IMO

Well, from what they've shown previously about caring for Suzanne, a hard no. I hope that changes because Suzanne loved her daughters, but they are under the influence of their father and that is not good.
I think sometimes perception and reality are not the same. I want to believe they loved their mother very much as we are not privy to any strife between them and their mom. Being aware that their parents marriage was failing doesn’t always equate to children not loving both their parents. I happen to think that much undeserved shade has been thrown at those girls.

Last Grusing interview with BM was July 8, 2021. The CBI was also invited to BM house, where they grilled out and prayed together. Can't make this stuff up.
Sorry -- that July 8 interview referenced by LS tweet is July 2020, not 2021. Grusing's final interview with BM was during the audit which was a couple of months before BM's arrest in May 2021.

My posts points out the unprofessional and seemingly casual ( grilling and praying) "interviews" with a suspected murderer. I find the special treatment alarming. Why throw a grilling party with multiple agencies at BM house? The date of the grill out party doesn't negate there was a BBQ where multiple LE agencies went to BM home and ate steaks and prayed.

Respectfully, dates do matter as does leaving out the background of an interview which leads to false or misleading information about the investigation!

Prior to conducting the audio-recorded interview at BM's residence on July 8, 2020, most of the interviews had been focused on developing the victimology of SM by BAU -- the missing person.

However, it was July 7, 2020, that an FBI agent discovered SM's May 8 grievance list from the Apple search warrant returned. Access to SM's Apple cloud was certainly a game changer for the direction of questions investigators had for BM. In other words, this was not a "grilling party" at BM's house but a recorded interview where the tables were beginning to turn. Taking in the facts, it makes sense that BM also sensed a change in the questions by LE and that BM would extend an invitation to agents to share an evening meal with him. And I don't find anything alarming or unprofessional about the strategy-- when given the facts.

See AA pgs 12-13, and the July 8, 2020 interview beginning on page 26. MOO

It's key IMO.

His phone was, as I recall, in airplane mode.

Roughly a half hour, roughly 14 miles. It was important, whatever it was.

Local dumpsters? Suzanne's phone pinged and disappeared during that time.

Busy B was very busy.

JMO
Good morning, all. Hope it shall be, in any event...

I'm not wireless savy, so it's indulgence time again :confused:...
{+ every bit below to be imvho.}

If Barry kept Suzanne's phone on his person for whatever period, could it not be so that he'd "see" which callers might be trying to reach her? Could he learn this even if he'd been 'locked-out'?
Recall some here have hypo-ed that Suzanne may have locked him out of her phone right after "I'm done!".
And discovering this multiplied his rage,
and he killed her.
There and then.
But her death - as had observed Lady Macbeth's husband - had come too early.* As a result, unplanned/unanticipated matters began to cascade; now he would have been forced to reassess long-considered intricate details on-the-fly. As well, before implementing a change, he'd have to square it with his existing script. Lest he - so to speak - be hoist with his own petard'.* ...which he was anyway due to his 'mare's nest' of fables. I'm thinking such a post-adrenalin surge, eleventh-hour re-map would be most ambitious, even for an cunning person.

Thus, on-the-fly he takes her phone ...and its charger as he's unsure how long he'll need to keep it usable. And being clever and knowledgeable wrt the most minute details, habits and thought-processes of his 'ex'-wife, he'll probably be able to trial & error his way past her feeble impasse in rather short order. In which case, could this not prove 'helpful' - he thinks - to show Suzanne is still alive and active?

This is wrong, enraged-one, because Suzanne was now going to be AWOL from that major matrimonial thingee in which she had been immersed for weeks & months.

"Poo! Then, out the window you go! Charger,next...a few miles on, anyway."

* Macbeth's Soliloquy: "She should have died hereafter... (5.5.17-28).

* Prince Hamlet: Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 4

Was any mention made by LE regarding the size extra small blue shirt found by the water? No wonder Suzanne hasn't been found.

Is there a link to the news of an extra blue shirt being found by the water? I missed that. Thank you.

During the Sept 2020 volunteer search organized by SM's brother AM, searchers were instructed on contacting LE about any potential evidence. I think one searcher was upset the blue shirt was not headlining news but I recall it tested negative for SM or connected to her demise. MOO

During the Sept 2020 volunteer search organized by SM's brother AM, searchers were instructed on contacting LE about any potential evidence. I think one searcher was upset the blue shirt was not headlining news but I recall it tested negative for SM or connected to her demise. MOO
I recall that as well, and the claim there were stab holes in it, with what "appeared to be bloodstains". All baloney, of course. I do believe at the time, some of the folks searching were there for no other reason than viewership increase on their YT channels. Also, jmo.

AWP (Adventures with Purpose) has been very successful in locating victims involved in water-related deaths.
I was referring to the story of them being run off by gun-toting, threatening men in dark clothing, as it was reported at the time. The story just kept growing legs with each passing hour. I simply don't believe it happened.

ETA: what I mean when I say I don't believe it happened was this:

The men reporting that someone was seen "circling the RV" have no idea who the men were, or provided no other details. It could have been something completely unrelated, or a curious onlooker.
Those reporting someone "flanking" the search team on the other side of the river, also have no idea who that person was, or why they were there. It could have been completely unrelated, it could have been someone just curious and watching what they were doing.
I think, someone decided to turn all of this into FAR more than what it was, and create a sort of scandalous story.
And it worked really well, tons of people were talking about then, and still talking about it now.
I could be totally wrong, and it could have been a group of lunatic BM buddies trying to scare off searchers... but I genuinely doubt it.

jmo

Last edited:
I think there have been various articles of clothing and debris picked up during various searches by the public collected and turned into LE. If any returned results of significance I assume it would be part of evidence for a future trial.

I was referring to the story of them being run off by gun-toting, threatening men in dark clothing, as it was reported at the time. The story just kept growing legs with each passing hour. I simply don't believe it happened.

ETA: what I mean when I say I don't believe it happened was this:

The men reporting that someone was seen "circling the RV" have no idea who the men were, or provided no other details. It could have been something completely unrelated, or a curious onlooker.
Those reporting someone "flanking" the search team on the other side of the river, also have no idea who that person was, or why they were there. It could have been completely unrelated, it could have been someone just curious and watching what they were doing.
I think, someone decided to turn all of this into FAR more than what it was, and create a sort of scandalous story.
And it worked really well, tons of people were talking about then, and still talking about it now.
I could be totally wrong, and it could have been a group of lunatic BM buddies trying to scare off searchers... but I genuinely doubt it.

jmo
I agree. Much in this case grew legs and opinions became facts.

This thread is now closed. Continue the discussion in Thread #105.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18