Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will give up anything. I think he will proclaim his innocence. Just like FD.

Yes, he will. Just like all of them. Just like Dulos would have if the coward didn't take his life. I agree 100% IMO that he will proclaim his innocence til the end.

I agree. He won't give up any information at all. When one of the reporters asked if he was cooperating, the answer was "he asked for an attorney immediately after being taken to the interrogation room". Nope, this murderer will hang on to the bitter end.

Barry LEE Morphew
Christopher LEE Watts
Scott LEE Peterson

As per typical, all 3 narcissistic sociopathic monsters thought they were the smartest ones in the room. Thankfully, in the end they were all outsmarted by the
Law Enforcement Elite team. Ha!

Who killed Erin Corwin?

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

CO Courts
@CoCourts

1/2 - Advisement 5/6 in People v. Morphew: Very limited courtroom seating - only media likely to be allowed inside is videographer if EMC is granted. Webex link: https://courts.state.co.us/Courts/District/Custom.cfm?District_ID=11&Page_ID=1009…. Judge will discuss EMC at the outset.

3:33 PM · May 5, 2021·TweetDeck

CO Courts
@CoCourts

2/2 - Advisement 5/6 in People v. Morphew: Judge to discuss EMC at the outset of the hearing. As the first applicant, KUSA-TV should be ready to set up quickly if EMC is granted. No live tweeting or any other communications allowed from the courtroom.

3:34 PM · May 5, 2021·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/CoCourts
Aw YAWWWWKKK!
It's been such a long time and now not even live tweeting permitted!
What a shame!

Barry looks awful. At least he's had a rough year.

I thought the PC was fine but I really disagree with sealed arrest warrants. These are public documents. There is no reason to seal it if he's in custody and there are no other pending arrests. The trial is at least a year away and these are supposed to be facts which would be admissible to a jury anyway. I say this not as a nosy person (which I definitely am) but because it is important for the whole system to have transparency when the state is going to take someone's liberty away - even when they 100% deserve it.
Yeah I also disagree with sealed affidavits here. Once you charge someone, not only does the defendant get to see what the facts are, but the public should too. It will all have to be laid out at trial anyway. Unless there is some really good investigative reason I really don’t know about this. BM is lawyering up so it’s not like they are going to withhold evidence and catch him in any more lies. And they soecificallly said no other arrests were coming, so I don’t suspect there are others (accomplices after the fact etc) that might do anything with the information in the affidavits. I also don’t think they should keep saying it’s an ongoing investigation (except as to the whereabouts of Suzanne of course) as I feel like that weakens the case a bit, and sealing affidavits presents the idea that they don’t feel like they are substantial enough. Idk. Maybe I’m wrong. MOO.

They probably knew his schedule (gym in the morning) and wanted to arrest him outside of his home when he wasn't in a car.
They arrested him when they knew he was alone.

We don't know if he lived with roommates. Had they arrested him at his home or the gym, others might have inadvertently gotten hurt.

JMO, MOO, etc

I just really need to feel reassured lately that good does win over evil sometimes. Today helps.

I agree.
When folk around me are horrid, I think of this line.

In murder cases, it is so pleasing to see Guilty, with all the evidence laid out.
Cannot wait, until we hear, what evidence will be presented.
Guess, all the selling of properties by BM, will pay for his defence.
Hope he ends up, 'dirt poor', as his greed has caught up to him.
MOO.

Oh, he’s hurtin. Or gonna be. Badly. JMO. MOO.

Prison is going to SUCK for him, after that big house and all.

Yeah, he’s gonna be be miserable.

All this for nothing. Beautiful mother gone, daughters without a mother.

Just like the Watts. Beautiful lives snuffed out for nothing!!!!
I wish CO had the death penalty - not because I necessarily like people being put to death, but it can be used as leverage to get people to plead down if they disclose location of bodies.

I just saw the update on the arrest about 4o Minutes ago, I'm on page 45 of the thread trying my best just to read. All of you rock. I just watched the presser, I could feel their emotions and actually got teary eyed for them.

That makes me think of the young woman who worked with Barry...sorry I do not remember her name, and who was speculated to be involved with Barry (not true). She was in fact afraid of him, and moved away out of the area. iirc
Morgan Gentile. Yes, she stated in an interview, “I’m afraid of Barry”, and ultimately packed up and left the state of Colorado.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

He's got a cool 1.6 mill from the family home he sold so he can afford top notch lawyers.
There is a very good reason for that sealing, I suspect.

Some random thoughts of mine (JMO), nothing really new here, but I haven't posted in a long time in this thread, but feel compelled to today:

What are some of the possible reasons why the affidavit be sealed?

I was impressed with the DA, personally. She seemed confident, gave credit to the team who have been working on the case since the beginning, and honored Suzanne. It's refreshing to me to see her more casual manner of dress: she has more important things she should be thinking about, and who knows how busy she must be now that BM has been arrested.

Now that we can sleuth BM, I wonder what others have learned about him.

I feel tremendous sadness for the daughters. I cannot imagine what they are going through.

I really appreciate the community here: the expertise, creativity, intelligence, kindness, and civility. It's restored my faith in society a bit to be (mostly a lurker) here during this past year.

I wish CO had the death penalty - not because I necessarily like people being put to death, but it can be used as leverage to get people to plead down if they disclose location of bodies.
Me too. Aside from BM, it is incredulous that a man who confessed to murdering his wife, unborn baby, and 2 little girls, then threw the little girls in oil...can sit there in a relatively cushy prison, avoid a supermax, emailing his youtube creator buddies, getting 3 meals, a bed, medical, dental, food, free for life. I would have had no problem giving him the death penalty, and watching it happen as a witness. Same with the schmuck who buried alive little 9 year old Jessie. He died in prison, but he should have got the death penalty, don't know what Florida laws are.

I posted earlier that Barry was arrested at Anytime Fitness but forgot my link. :oops:

At 19:50, the reporter says Barry was arrested right outside Anytime Fitness.

It appears to me that BM was arrested on Hwy 50 -- pulled over by LE convoy while driving his white Ford. He was actually some distance from the strip mall (Anytime Fitness).

Having recently followed two, no-body case convictions in Colorado, one has to recognize that work by investigators is not done. They are still searching for physical evidence-- hoping to recover the body, determine the cause of death, even though an arrest has been made. The DA understands protecting the details and integrity of the case remains paramount. It should be no surprise if the AWA remains sealed until the preliminary hearing.

ETA: Can't forget: the prosecutor only gets one bite of this apple. If BM is acquitted, he goes free --never be punished for SM's murder.
AGREE !!
I was shocked at how much they had in Kelsey Berreth trial...although they did have the "deal with the devil" also to help but still, there was a lot of other evidence.

I have every bit of confidence this team has and will continue to gather enough evidence to put him away for life.

The AWA SHOULD be kept sealed... no compromising of the case can happen or there will not be any justice for Suzanne.

I guess you and I have different definitions of "frenzy." But yeah, we should all be applauding for the hard work of the police in this case. The DA hardly went overboard in praising the more than 100 people who spent nearly a year working on it.

It isn't easy to work on murder cases.
Agreed.

And, they still do not have her remains.
There has to be a mountain of evidence.
MOO

They arrested him when they knew he was alone.

We don't know if he lived with roommates. Had they arrested him at his home or the gym, others might have inadvertently gotten hurt.

JMO, MOO, etc

Agreed. IMO, this was a strategic move to arrest him in public, alone, and unaware. It probably reduced the risk of injury to LE, others that could be in the home with him & Barry himself. I liked it. Wise move. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K