Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rocks look like th

Hmm, is it a fact that the trees were planted?
Trees can sprout and grow very close together nature.
It looks like the pile of rocks may have been deposited there.

Too late to edit this Arggh, what a post!!
Was trying to say that maybe the trees could have grown there naturally and rocks could have been placed there. MOI
Question: Is Profiling Evil a television show or a Youtube channel or?? I don't get around much.

(First time posting!)

I’m understanding that the defense needed time to read the AA and so it is sealed. I see a few people on here have posted that they were given a week to review it? If Barry’s next court date is not until 5/27, does that mean that if the judge allows it to be unsealed, that it would be unsealed after that court appearance, or could the AA be released once the defense’s week is up? I’m assuming the defense may want to keep it sealed but thinking it’s ultimately up to the judge. Just confused at what is possibly the soonest it could be made public.

Welcome to the WS community!

(First time posting!)

I’m understanding that the defense needed time to read the AA and so it is sealed. I see a few people on here have posted that they were given a week to review it? If Barry’s next court date is not until 5/27, does that mean that if the judge allows it to be unsealed, that it would be unsealed after that court appearance, or could the AA be released once the defense’s week is up? I’m assuming the defense may want to keep it sealed but thinking it’s ultimately up to the judge. Just confused at what is possibly the soonest it could be made public.
Welcome to Websleuths @LaineyJ .
The defense team has IIRC until 13 mei to submit their request if they want it to keep sealed. I suppose they have to come up with a good argument, but ultimately it’s idd up to the Judge to decide for or against it after that. I don’t think we have heard a date when he will decide. Surely a lot of media is requesting to release it too. Fingers crossed that it will happen very soon.

That was discussed on PE at the time AM was conducting the week long searches. If I remember correctly, that’s an area the dogs showed some interest but that’s all I can remember. The pic of trees came from CM, provided by someone affiliated with the search or maybe a PE employee who was there for the search. I’ll see if I can find where it was discussed, but those podcasts were lengthy and quite a few of them during that week.

Thank you. Don't worry about finding it for me! Too much time and work! I appreciate everyone that's been here, for Suzanne all along, helping those of us that came late! Such a caring group, Happy Mother's Day:)

(First time posting!)

Great first post, and welcome to WS.

From the Order re: public release of the affidavit here

"...the Court gave defense counsel seven days from today to note their position regarding unsealing the affidavit. If the defense objects, the matter will be set for a hearing as soon as practicable." (dated 05.06.21)

So, if defense doesn't object, it should be released as early as the 13th.

JMO Of course his defense attorney will have a press conference and say the usual yada yada like “My client Barry Morphew is not guilty of these heinous charges the DA has no evidence he killed Suzanne” I can hear it now, even though they are guilty. I can see Jose Baez or someone like that offer to come in and represent him knowing this is a high profile case. My concerns is what will a jury decide they are so unpredictable in these cases. His attorney asked the judge If he could wear a suit to the hearings. I’m sure he will look his best to try to attract the attention of a female juror when this goes to trial to side with him all I takes is one juror. Ugh.

Welcome to Websleuths @LaineyJ .
The defense team has IIRC until 13 mei to submit their request if they want it to keep sealed. I suppose they have to come up with a good argument, but ultimately it’s idd up to the Judge to decide for or against it after that. I don’t think we have heard a date when he will decide. Surely a lot of media is requesting to release it too. Fingers crossed that it will happen very soon.

ok, thanks. Fingers crossed over here as well.

Curious... where do you all sit regarding BM's defense objecting to the AA release?

Will they object, or will they allow?
I imagine BM would want to keep this out of the public’s eyes as long as possible, but I don’t know if it will be allowed. As ultimately it will be released anyway, it could be that his lawyer can convince BM that he won’t win anything by keeping it sealed longer.

Great first post, and welcome to WS.

From the Order re: public release of the affidavit here

"...the Court gave defense counsel seven days from today to note their position regarding unsealing the affidavit. If the defense objects, the matter will be set for a hearing as soon as practicable." (dated 05.06.21)

So, if defense doesn't object, it should be released as early as the 13th.

Thanks for that! I’m wondering if they can handle that issue on the 5/27 court date for convenience, but this is my assuming that the defense may want it sealed for a bit longer. Though of course I don’t know which way they will go. I’ve jumped in now so I’ll be waiting and watching for it with the rest of you.

Former neighborhood.
Barry made sure to disconnect himself and the girls from the house/neighborhood, but oddly chose to leave the statue Suzanne inherited from her late mother, behind.

Discarded, just like he did with Suzanne.

I hope a friend of the family retrieves that statue, it's in a meaningless place, as if tossed by the side of the road in anywhere USA. The location where it was placed has no connection to Suzanne. One day in the future a daughter might treasure it. And if not a daughter, a sister or brother, knowing it's family history.

(First time posting!)

Thursday.

Curious... where do you all sit regarding BM's defense objecting to the AA release?

No idea, probably will protest very much but they should save it for trial.
This is just the AA outlining the grounds for the charges..
I have resistance to it, strangely...
I feel like it will be like swallowing a large bag of stones, many of them sharp, without a drink to wash them all down..
I will, of course read it.. but I'll probably go offline to do so.. Feels like it would be like getting ECT when I don't have depression.

IMO, the pic of Barry with the woman getting takeout, was probably taken by a local who is following the case.

IIRC, LS said the woman was a friend of SM who flew in to comfort BM (whatever that means) and this would have been two months ago. She stated this on the NG podcast. IMO

She said "confront" not "comfort" (not nit picking, just want to keep it straight so it doesn't grow legs cuz those are 2 very different things)

(First time posting!)

Welcome to Websleuths. Great first post!

I don’t think defense team is going to object strongly, maybe 2 -3 weeks as opposed to immediately unsealing. They know it’s going to be unsealed in the near future anyway. My view also depends on whether he stays with a PD as opposed to private defense atty. I am not looking forward to reading it. Just watching her 50th BD video has me vacillating between deep sorrow and borderline outrage. It’s not going to be easy reading. But I am anxious to start putting puzzle pieces together. MOO
EBM for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member