Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, I would like to know why they chose Salida. Did they know anyone who already lived there?

It appears BM has immediate family in CO, then the college his daughter attends is in CO. I don’t know if she picked that college because of the move or that was her college of choice no matter where her family lived. I’m assuming BM’s family didn’t move there because he did. IMO

What the Fire Chief Said?
Fire chief* said his FFs had not been attending events sponsored by his dept during Covid. Did not rule out BM attending or participating in other FF events.

Using my ;) hair-splitting scissors, ;)I'd say chief's stmt leaves open possibility: Someone told chief that BM said he planned to attend or did attend Denver FF training event unknown to chief. Who said this - a FF, a friend, or ?

Who told chief about BM & Denver landscaping job? Conceivably could have been BM himself, person working at landscaping job, BM relative, such as nephew in CO, another FF, or pretty much anyone in area?

Chief may have been provided these two pieces of separate info from one person or two. The person who gave the chief this info may have given other ppl conflicting info - thus undermining credibility of that person as a source. If person gave consistent stmts, then may not matter. my2cts

... Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram,... Asked if he had any information about a possible training that Morphew had attended on May 10, Bertram said it was the first he’d heard of it.
“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10.
bbm sbm @Murphy1950 Thx for your post w quote.

The Arrest Affidavit ONLY needs to include what was necessary to support the filing of charges, which has a lower standard than for conviction, so it is possible that only some of the dirty dealings and secret deeds will be presented there and that forensic accountants are still collecting evidence and processing it.

Still, I'm as eager as you are to see it!

Love that tribute! And very much enjoyed seeing CM's wife on the latest video. As he would say (and I think he did....), they are yin and yang. It's clear they are partners in that marriage.

Wish SM had had that as she was certainly worthy of it.
Totally agree - what a win for the Interview Room that Chris’ wife is now appearing with him. She adds context to Chris’ ramblings and helps clarify his statements. She gets him back on track when he wanders. I think Chris’ mind maybe goes faster than he can communicate and she helps with adding the details and big picture. Also she is a former crime reporter. Love this addition!

Chris M. made a passing comment about CC on his guest spot on "It's a Crime." He said that he was out golfing. Then, he said something like, "You didn't think that I knew. Did you?" I have no idea what this is in reference to...Does anyone else?
A wild guess, maybe a golf club membership fully paid for by ‘someone,’ Just a hunch.
EBM to add MOO and a crazy guess. :)

Last edited:
Re hot tub.
This guy is an experienced hunter he would not have needed many tools at all to dismember her or an animal he hunted.. maybe 3 or 4, a couple of sharp knives.. maybe a power tool..
A far smaller cleanup area would have sufficed..
Like , for example the bath tub in the motel?
Then used motel towels to dry them after chlorination?
If he's used one of his machines that do 'mechanical things, it's likely it would have smashed a hot tub..

I'm with you, @OldCop. I figure the best way to excuse having the chlorine smell all over the house is the hot tub. He absolutely could have used it like a bath tub, or even filled it with ice momentarily, washed/cleaned a body and tools, emptied, cleaned, refilled, and left it looking like nothing ever happened, and it would obviously already smell like chlorine. I think that hot tub is going to come into play.
BM could have just hauled off the hot tub with his bobcat and replaced it with an identical one. Then, SM could be buried in the old hot tub?

They still look blue in that picture. Maybe because of the lighting they look darker. My daughter has blue eyes but sometimes they look dark gray.
Regardless of his eye color, I do think Barry is overly concerned with appearances, and this may have had fatal consequences ?
I think many here are correct in guessing his motive.
Imo.

Does anyone have any links to this so called hot tub/spa at Puma Path? I see that one is mentioned on the zillow description, but it's extremely odd that out of all the 45 photos posted on multiple realtor sites, there is not one of this feature.

And yet we do see a picture of a fancy bathtub in the bathroom which may have spa features. It's the kind that would not involve chlorine at all.

It just seems weird to me that there are no photos of it.

I wonder how Barry enjoyed his first weekend in jail? :) He’s probably used to roughing it it outdoors on the ground so maybe the thin mattress in jails aren't too hard for him :rolleyes: I’m curious if the girls are doing video visits from home (fee) or video at the jail (free) only video visits are allowed. BM must be busy reading the arrest affidavit they have on him. Defense has to provide him with it. I hope that’s released on may 13.
Hahaha. I love your post. I thought about Ole Barr yesterday and wondered if he was enjoying the beans abs baloney sandwiches in jail. Apparently lots of peanut butter too according to Letecia Stauch. :)

Yes, this was indeed a great video with lots of good, interesting information. That trailer of Barry’s full of packed boxes etc., looks like it was packed haphazardly by someone scatterbrained and disorganized wanting to get outta dodge in a hurry. The Beverly Hillbillies analogy is definitely fitting.
At any rate, kudos to Chris for fulfilling the promise he made to Gene Moorman that he’d never give up on Suzanne. He is keeping Suzanne’s name in the spotlight, digging into everything, determined to see Suzanne receive her due justice. I finally caught on that he can be cryptic and facetious at times, and think he definitely has some inside info and been careful about what he shares to not interfere with the integrity of the investigation.
I like Mike King too and enjoyed when Chris was Mike’s recurring guest on PE until he branched out on his own. It was always interesting watching the dynamic between the 2 on PE. They obviously have 2 very different styles, and I think of them kinda like the brains (Mike) polished, pensive, calm, cool, collected, and the the brawn (Chris), excited kid on Christmas morning, chomping at the bit, fierce interrogator, potential loose cannon lol, that might need to be “reeled in” every so often.
I think Chris definitely has to work a little harder than Mike to keep himself “in check”, if that makes sense. Not to say I don’t think Chris is smart, he obviously is very intelligent to get to where he is today. It’s just a way in my mind I compare the 2 gentleman. They are both esteemed former LE with impressive credentials, track records. Persistent, tenacious, dogged and determined to get justice for victims. I have the utmost respect for both of them for their passion, steadfastness, resolve. Chris is traveling now and literally boots on the ground, good for him.

I’ll admit it did take me a little while to warm up to Chris at first, and I can see why people get annoyed with him after calling out LE during Andy’s search which IMO emotions were running high and may have been some miscommunication and Chris jumped the gun calling out LE without knowing all the details/having them correct, and for hyping up his “interview” with Barry only for viewers to hear Barry hang up on him. Argggh. Personally, I’ve forgiven Chris and let it go as IMO, nobody’s perfect and he does more good than not. The video last night featuring his wife Karen as co-host was very informative. I had heard him mention his wife Karen in some of his other videos, but didn’t realize she’s a former crime reporter/journalist. They seem to be a good team and doing good work together pursuing justice for victims.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-words, punctuation
Very nice post and excellent summation of the two retired detectives. I agree 100% with your sentiments. They are a breath of fresh air to the true crime community and being needed skills to the community. MOO

"CrimeOnline has viewed a message that was sent to members of the Morphew’s former church in Indiana, requesting prayers following the news of her disappearance. The message notes that Morphew’s bike was found “crashed,” and mentions that a mountain lion had been seen in the area where the bike was discovered. “Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us because they can’t find her,” the message, sent on May 11, reads in part." ‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

For some reason, I think because of the way it was worded, I always thought this was a FB messenger type message that BM's mother sent. I mean, who else would even know the prior church's contact info, besides her? And who else would say "Barry is just beside himself"? Either way, whoever sent the message was clearly informed by BM about the mountain lion, since at the time, that was his pet (no pun intended) excuse for what happened to her.
Absolutely it was Barry’s story to his mother. BM even told MG on Monday morning phone call that “his wife had been grabbed by a mountain lion”. I just listened to her interview again. That was Barry’s story and he was sticking to it until it made him look like an idiot!

Makes me sick. Killing beautiful bucks to sell their antlers.

It also deprives other creatures of calcium sources in the wild. All sorts of mammals and birds will gnaw on the antlers left in the wild as one of the few sources of calcium they need. I know the squirrels seem to visit a pair of naturally shed antlers behind me daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18