Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was completely defeated and drained by day 5. Then as you mentioned he went quiet. I think they found something during those searches to reinforce their suspicions she was murdered and a victim of abuse. MOO
Wasn’t there mention on Profiling Evil of possible clothing articles found towards the end of the search. Here again, I’ve read and listened so much I can’t remember where this comes from. Refresh my memory if anyone else knows. TIA :)

I kind of feel that the chlorine was used for cleanup only in place of bleach. I think BM needed the PP home clean for obvious reasons, and also didn’t want to leave any of SM’s DNA in the Broomfield hotel room.

I get the feeling that when we see the AA, it won’t be that BM was some criminal mastermind. What he had/has going for him is the surroundings, his skills, and his tools for disposing of a body.

But I bet the crime and everything leading up to it is going to be surprisingly obvious.

Wasn’t there mention on Profiling Evil of possible clothing articles found towards the end of the search. Here again, I’ve read and listened so much I can’t remember where this comes from. Refresh my memory if anyone else knows. TIA :)

Multiple articles of clothing were found during that search, some with potentially logical ties to the crime. But my memory is fuzzy and don’t remember if that came from reputable sources.

I recall sleuthing the parcel where those little trees were located, and it was IIRC a vacant but privately-owned parcel in the same subdivision where the Puma Path house is.

Even if the owner is absentee out of state (which I think I recall being the case), it seems risky to plant trees (with or without anything nefarious underneath them) on someone else's private land.

At the same time, the likelihood of years passing before anyone noticed or took interest in those trees for any non-murder-investigation reason would be pretty high, so I can envision someone taking that risk.

A private parcel with no obvious disturbance would be less likely to have casual hikers passing by or snooping around, unlike the National Forest land in the vicinity.

If (not sure of my memory here) this is one of the places where a cadaver dog alerted, why didn't LE dig up the trees to check?
I personally think it’s worth another “look see”. Yes, this is an area dogs showed interest in during Andy’s big search efforts. Thank you for your post. My interest is certainly peaked bc Barry owns the equipment to put her there.

Multiple articles of clothing were found during that search, some with potentially logical ties to the crime. But my memory is fuzzy and don’t remember if that came from reputable sources.
Thank you. We’re in the same boat then. Haha Good, I don’t feel so alone in my lack of recalling every detail I’ve read. Appreciate you!

Antlers?
Worthwhile to collect naturally shed antlers (like below) and to separate the antlers from hunted elk, then sell to others to craft/transform to decor items. Yes, quite a market for finished products w real antlers.
Examples at peakantlers.com.
"Our smaller oval elk antler chandelier...................................$ 2849.oo"
"Large sized Elk Antler Chandelier made up of 7 Elk sheds ...$ 3069.oo"
"Longs Peak Oval Elk Antler Chandelier.................................$ 6,595.00"

If ^ is not in the household budget, other antler products are available, say, for Fideaux the Well Fed Dog:
"Large 8″-9″ Antler Dog Chews, Set of Three Natural Dog Bones, (Regular price $18 each) ...$ 45.92"

The load of antlers pictured in BM's pickup & trailer leaving IN. was not just pocket change.

Absolutely it was Barry’s story to his mother. BM even told MG on Monday morning phone call that “his wife had been grabbed by a mountain lion”. I just listened to her interview again. That was Barry’s story and he was sticking to it until it made him look like an idiot!

Or possibly the nephew TN. He also knew. One last person knew and he is the pastor of the new church. ahemmmm. IMO JMO

I kind of feel that the chlorine was used for cleanup only in place of bleach. I think BM needed the PP home clean for obvious reasons, and also didn’t want to leave any of SM’s DNA in the Broomfield hotel room.

I get the feeling that when we see the AA, it won’t be that BM was some criminal mastermind. What he had/has going for him is the surroundings, his skills, and his tools for disposing of a body.

But I bet the crime and everything leading up to it is going to be surprisingly obvious.

Exactly and just to jump off of your post:

He also had time. Possibly late Friday until Sunday evening.

Absolutely it was Barry’s story to his mother. BM even told MG on Monday morning phone call that “his wife had been grabbed by a mountain lion”. I just listened to her interview again. That was Barry’s story and he was sticking to it until it made him look like an idiot!
Well Suzanne was grabbed by a predator ... just not the mountain lion.
Sickening. :(
In one of his few interviews where he allowed it to be quoted (paraphrased) -- Barry seemed to indicate that Suzanne was taken by "... someone known to her".
I agree.
And that he believed "... she was still in the area."
Makes me think her body is in CO.
Slip of the tongue there, Barry ?
MOO.

Last edited:

I recall from the volunteer search various items being found and turned over. LE said none of it was related to SM case. IMO

Items found during search at this time do not appear to be connected to Suzanne Morphew investigation - Chaffee County Sheriff

Suzanne Morphew: No new evidence - Chaffee County Sheriff

<modsnip> MSM approved article.‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

ETA employees at Broomfield.

Barry, Puckett, and Gentile have said a third employee, Cassidy Cordova, was also hired to work on that Broomfield job..... Cordova has declined all interview requests....
And he likes to golf....(haven't caught up so hope I'm not repeating others) can you say "membership payment gift" moo

I might be alone in this opinion, but I don't think the messy trailer is a big deal (other than safety-wise, making sure things weren't loose enough to bounce out along the way).

It's clear this trailer is not their entire move -- presumably there would have been a large moving truck with all their furniture, kitchen items, clothing, tools, wall art, girls' belongings, etc.

Not to mention their multiple vehicles. I wonder if they made more than one trip to move everything. Or had to hire out the hauling of extra vehicles since they could each only drive one at a time.

It looks to me like the "extra" space in and around the Bobcat was filled with "guy stuff", maybe from BM's "man cave" or workshop or even a landscaping office if there was one.

Especially if their quantity of regular household stuff was enough that including this extra stuff would have bumped them up to needing a larger size moving truck, I can understand wanting to take advantage of the space already available on the Bobcat trailer.

I would like to see what was carried in the bed of the truck on that trip -- maybe landscaping hand tools? He certainly would have had chainsaw, wheelbarrow(s) etc. Lots more than just the trusty Bobcat...

The awkward inclusion of the gun safe makes me think that the items on the trailer were things BM didn't want the movers touching/seeing...

MOO JMO
I agree. Looks like the contents of a pole barn and a one person trip. They had other vehicles to move and possible one conventional trip with household goods either in other vehicles or through a moving service or UHaul. It is an entertaining picture and ones a typical family would chuckle about in the future.

You are so valuable here! Thank you!

You warmed my cold heart (haha). Thank you!

As well intentioned as Andy’s search was, it did add considerable confusion to this case with the public. IMO Whenever I felt myself getting caught up or confused, I always come back to these CCSO press releases. I honestly believe LE means what they’re saying here. IMO

I wonder if BM is reaching out to any prominent defense attorneys? I also wonder, does he still even have any money to pay a lawyer? I'm betting he has a payment for every piece of equipment he owns. Some big ticket items. I wonder if he didn't unload the Range Ranger in IN to off set a big monthly bill. Is that condo he's living in part of the development he's working on? Could he be doing a barter deal for his rent?

If he is cash poor, where's the money? Other than the Mexico vacations and the plastic surgery, that is. Notice the brown contacts, too? Hmmm. I bet he had the surgery done in Mexico, isn't it much cheaper there? Still should leave him with a good sized pile.

I've always thought the money was funny and a big factor.

Pure speculation on my part.
I still can’t get over the fact that he apparently hasn’t had a criminal attorney all along. He must have felt supremely confident. So dumb!

Random question. I was surprised when the PP home was listed it had HOA fees (IIRC). How secluded was it really? Admittedly, I don't know anything about HOA fees and assumed they were part of developments. IMO
Probably HOA to keep it plowed out in winter. Their house was in a development...just not what typically are envisioned when thinking of suburban developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag