Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alexa

Usually we need to say Alexa (or Google or Siri, depending which device the home has) prior to a request. To get the device's attention, turn it 'on'.

Which led me to questions.

- Does screaming turn the device on, or only screaming that could sound like the device name?
- Does the device say anything back ... like "I don't understand" "Do you need help?" "What the heck is all that screaming about?" "Do you want me to call 911?"
- Does the device quietly record all the time, not just when its name is said?
- Is the device programmed to turn on if there are sounds of anguish?
I just heard on a podcast yesterday that Alexa only calls 911 if you pre-code Alexa to respond to that command. So, everyone, if you have Alexa, program it now!

RSBM
From an old listing doc...HOA covers road maintenance and all snow removal.

ETA @10ofRods no mention of Septic Tank but it does read
Utility Information
  • # of Wells: 1
  • Water: Well
  • Electricity, Propane

Hmmm.

Thank you! I know there are certain kinds of water disposal fields...for people who have septic tanks. So I am going to go with the hot tub drained either directly into the sandy soil/sandstone near it, or through a pipe into the creek bed area...

A local might know more. Gosh, now I'm wondering just how much work LE may have done up there during the 11 days they searched the house and property.

Strange these murderers all used their trade in some way to dispose of bodies. Chris Watts was an oil field worker for Andarko used his job site to bury Shannan and put daughters in oil tanks. Patrick Frazee was a rancher he burned Kelsey Berreth remains on his ranch with his mom, I believe he had burned animals on his ranch also. Scott Peterson was a fisherman he killed his wife took her body out on his fishing boat, used cement blocks to weight her down pushed her into the ocean near his usual fishing spot. Barry Morphew is a landscaper so my guess is he used his landscaping abilities tools and equipment to hide Suzanne’s remains under the ground.
Well yes and no IMO. Very observant btw!:) Great insight.
but JMHO here and I guess expanding on what you noticed so well.
These men are not great thinkers. They don't have a great variety of interests or thought. So they do what they know...which is limited in scope to be generous.
So yeah, the landscaper most likely put her in the landscape somehow some where and used the mountain lion...I mean bobcat. And something horrible happened in the house...we know that cuz why else would it smell like bleach?

and also IMHO....they also all have being an idiot in common.
Watts was not a great oil field worker...he could have blown himself and co-workers up. Idiot.
Frazee...mama's boy to the end...even burns his victim on mama's land with a witness. Idiot.
Peterson...not a good fisherman. LE got him tripped up on the bait/lure he was supposedly fishing with. Idiot.
BM...a mountain lion....even though there was no blood, no animal fur and there was an important personal item found no where near the bobcat...I mean mountain lion attack. Plus he bought tons of bleach/chlorine and has no pool.
Idiot.

I'm curious if any of you might know how a hot tub would be drained in a rural area like Puma Path.

They'd have a septic tank, right? But is it possible that the tank just drains right into the ground - perhaps channelled a bit of distance via a fake creekbed?

They certainly aren't on a large city sewer system. Do they have a septic tank? I suppose it's in the Zillow listing, but I am not able to look that up right now.

TIA!
I would agree the PP home is on a septic system. We owned a home with acreage in a private subdivision with an HOA. All Homes were on well and septic systems. We had a 20x40 pool, and if we needed to drain it, or remove any large amounts of water, we just let it flow down our paved driveway, , no problem. The septic systems allow liquids to seep deep into the ground, not unsanitary in the least. No reason to fill the septic with pool/hot tub water, it could just be drained on the ground.

I would agree the PP home is on a septic system. We owned a home with acreage in a private subdivision with an HOA. All Homes were on well and septic systems. We had a 20x40 pool, and if we needed to drain it, or remove any large amounts of water, we just let it flow down our paved driveway, , no problem. The septic systems allow liquids to seep deep into the ground, not unsanitary in the least. No reason to fill the septic with pool/hot tub water, it could just be drained on the ground.

Did he pour copious amounts of bleach / chlorine into the septic tank thinking it would mask the smell of blood ?

That's a great catch, that I haven't heard mentioned, before. Even if BM was a true crime aficionado, he probably didn't realize that common link. Even Jason Young tried to use a business trip as his alibi, and Ross Harris essentially used the parking lot of his office.

Really great catch. Another one: Dr. Robert Ferrante used cyanide in stem cell research experiments he was conducting on Lou Gehrig's disease, then poisoned his wife Autumn Klein with it.
Pittsburgh researcher convicted of poisoning wife with cyanide

I was pondering all that we've learned (which isn't that much) and the past twelve months. What pieces of information do you think will be the most incriminating for BM?

1. 911 Call
2. Security Camera issues/deletion
3. Mail and or receipts/documents
4. Greater clarity to the financial picture
5. forensic evidence found in the home and during the various search warrants
6. Barry's statements or claims

I know i'm forgetting a thousand!

Well yes and no IMO. Very observant btw!:) Great insight.
but JMHO here and I guess expanding on what you noticed so well.
These men are not great thinkers. They don't have a great variety of interests or thought. So they do what they know...which is limited in scope to be generous.
So yeah, the landscaper most likely put her in the landscape somehow some where and used the mountain lion...I mean bobcat. And something horrible happened in the house...we know that cuz why else would it smell like bleach?

and also IMHO....they also all have being an idiot in common.
Watts was not a great oil field worker...he could have blown himself and co-workers up. Idiot.
Frazee...mama's boy to the end...even burns his victim on mama's land with a witness. Idiot.
Peterson...not a good fisherman. LE got him tripped up on the bait/lure he was supposedly fishing with. Idiot.
BM...a mountain lion....even though there was no blood, no animal fur and there was an important personal item found no where near the bobcat...I mean mountain lion attack. Plus he bought tons of bleach/chlorine and has no pool.
Idiot.
Female, maternal enablers. Noticing a pattern...IMO

I was pondering all that we've learned (which isn't that much) and the past twelve months. What pieces of information do you think will be the most incriminating for BM?

1. 911 Call

I’m not a gambler but I bet there’s so much that we haven’t even touched upon. Can’t wait for the AA! Imo

Did he pour copious amounts of bleach / chlorine into the septic tank thinking it would mask the smell of blood ?
Good question! I’m sure that’s something LE would check during the first search warrant. They had the home sealed off for 11 days IIRC under the first warrant & 3 days under the second warrant.

Wasn’t there mention on Profiling Evil of possible clothing articles found towards the end of the search. Here again, I’ve read and listened so much I can’t remember where this comes from. Refresh my memory if anyone else knows. TIA :)

IIRC, the Adventures with Purpose folks found a baby blue shirt. I don’t think it was determined to be Suzanne’s. Actually I don’t know what became of it? Just recall seeing a photo.

Antlers.
Makes me sick. Killing beautiful bucks to sell their antlers.
Deer shed their antlers, so they're not all coming from shot deer.
bbm @whitelilac Agreeing w you re that these are beautiful creatures.
As @RickshawFan noted, not all hunter-harvested deer
(or other big game) are killed only for their antlers which are shed annually, IOW 'renewable.' Many hunters & families consume the meat.

Just offering another perspective re antler gathering & selling which is done by some ppl just enjoying fresh air in the great outdoors. I still have several mule deer sheds I found on our former home acreage.

Not defending BM's hunting practices or any other BM actions. my2cts.

IIRC, the Adventures with Purpose folks found a baby blue shirt. I don’t think it was determined to be Suzanne’s. Actually I don’t know what became of it? Just recall seeing a photo.

I was just talking about this. Yes, and oddly enough both the gentleman that spearheaded the search and Tyson have vanished from their online presence. You can fins the original video of TD and BM but that's it.

I never heard what became of any items found.

1. 911 Call

It makes sense that #5 would be the most damaging.

But #6 might be a close second. I'm guessing BM made misleading statements from the time he arrived at the "accident" scene right through his "three-30" interviews with LE.

From the omission about the time he was "doing something mechanical" to his bobcat to the lies to SM's family about taking a polygraph to his statement to TD that he had been cleared by LE.

And those are just the ones we know about.

1. 911 Call

Pings/data/general info/video derived from devices, cell phones, vehicles, equipment, ring type door bells etc.

To move like this shows no organization, and cheap.:D
With no organization, probably LE have found such evidence in SM's murder, besides the ridiculous alibi, with BM's back and forth movements.

The cheap move: BM must save every penny, everywhere he can.
Pure greed, as we have seen with all the recent sales.
Hope it now all goes on his Defence.:D

No organization is a big understatement. I think it is clinical.

But besides, I see anger in this whole contraption. And given that they were not on the run, can you imagine this guy shoving the antlers everywhere, pushing them…

Why was he so angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member