Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an interview back in the fall, AM talked of a photo taken of Barry lying down in the grass during a search. It was described as strange and bizarre. Is that photo available? And does it have any significance?
Here are two screenshots from PE. Barry is on the top one which is the original picture and the bottom one is from when PE found the location.
eb866137-1bc5-4e4f-9961-986ed42a44b0-jpeg.265575

c52ac4e2-eda0-416a-a28b-ce11e36302c4-jpeg.265576

Per MassGuy’s post:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

“The person BM was with found it so bizarre and concerning, that he took a photo, reported it to the CBI, and told Andy about it.

PE sat on this photo until they were able to get searchers to that location.”

Andy tells PE about it around the 18m38s mark:

No organization is a big understatement. I think it is clinical.

But besides, I see anger in this whole contraption. And given that they were not on the run, can you imagine this guy shoving the antlers everywhere, pushing them…

Why was he so angry?

At first I thought the same thing. After really considering it I agree with some previous posts. This is merely the "man cave" or the final trip. Mostly his items he valued. What it does show is his chaotic thought process and a sort of madness. To him this made sense and was perfectly fine.

Last edited:
I was pondering all that we've learned (which isn't that much) and the past twelve months. What pieces of information do you think will be the most incriminating for BM?
1. 911 Call
2. Security Camera issues/deletion
3. Mail and or receipts/documents
4. Greater clarity to the financial picture
5. forensic evidence found in the home and during the various search warrants
6. Barry's statements or claims
I know i'm forgetting a thousand!
@TKG Good thinking. Should your list include some or any e-trail evidence?
Esp'ly:
- e-data from BM's vehicle's 'black box' (forgot the term) recording his travel routes, stops, & times.

Maybe some of -

- BM's internet searches & results.
- BM's email, sent & received.
- BM's soc media posts, if any.
- BM's texts & private messages.
- BM's cell calls made & received & corresponding phone trail (pings, etc).
- ^ from SM's cell or device.
- ^ from daughters' cells or devices.

Depends on data collected. my2cts.

@TKG Good thinking. Should your list include some or any e-trail evidence?
Esp'ly:
- e-data from BM's vehicle's 'black box' (forgot the term) recording his travel routes, stops, & times.

Maybe some of -

- BM's internet searches & results.
- BM's email, sent & received.
- BM's soc media posts, if any.
- BM's texts & private messages.
- BM's cell calls made & received & corresponding phone trail (pings, etc).
- ^ from SM's cell or device.
- ^ from daughters' cells or devices.

Depends on data collected. my2cts.
Yes, yes and YES! Whatever of this information they were able to recover will be invaluable!! All great thought, including the daughters'.

Here are two screenshots from PE. Barry is on the top one which is the original picture and the bottom one is from when PE found the location.
eb866137-1bc5-4e4f-9961-986ed42a44b0-jpeg.265575

c52ac4e2-eda0-416a-a28b-ce11e36302c4-jpeg.265576

Per MassGuy’s post:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

“The person BM was with found it so bizarre and concerning, that he took a photo, reported it to the CBI, and told Andy about it.

PE sat on this photo until they were able to get searchers to that location.”

Andy tells PE about it around the 18m38s mark:

That just looks weird.
What a weirdo.
Even the person with him though it was weird....because it is.

Really great catch. Another one: Dr. Robert Ferrante used cyanide in stem cell research experiments he was conducting on Lou Gehrig's disease, then poisoned his wife Autumn Klein with it.
Pittsburgh researcher convicted of poisoning wife with cyanide
It's strange, I've thought about the cancer issue with SM living on a golf course, her type of cancer is connected to golf courses, then I wondered about BM in "landscaping" hopefully it was just a coincidence and not him poisoning her. moo

Yes, I found some information about aqua regia as well. It's called "royal water" for it's ability to dissolve gold. The only problem is the potential to cause serious burns or explode into flames.

If you mix HCL and HNO3, you have to be very careful, and do it slowly. There is a way to mix HCL and some nitrous salts, though. It is much safer. The solution is weaker, but well serves the same purpose.

(Totally unrelated to the case, but super interesting trivia that few know about George de Hevesy - Wikipedia go to “World was II and beyond” part to read about Nobel medals and a.r).

ETA: Maybe the story about Noble prize gold medals is relevant. They were dissolved and stored in aqua Regia during all the time of Nazi’s occupation of Denmark. Perhaps BM wanted to hide Suzanne’s jewelry, but being greedy, not forever? There is no better way than orange, ugly, dirty aqua Regia, and then you can always precipitate the gold.

Last edited:
I was pondering all that we've learned (which isn't that much) and the past twelve months. What pieces of information do you think will be the most incriminating for BM?

1. 911 Call

Evidence found from the PP search warrants and the Salida Job Site search warrant.
Also, if any evidence was ever found from the HRD dog hits in Andy’s search. Many news articles stated LE was downplaying the dog hits.

We theorized about this on previous threads, but no one knows yet if those rings were found at home or not.
I don’t know what SM was wearing while out biking, but if she was wearing biking gloves it’s not plausible she would wore her rings. I never do, it’s not comfortable, even with half gloves. So if her rings were both found home, just that on itself wouldn’t be suspicious to me. Mind you, I don’t think SM went on a bike ride that day, but BM could safely have kept the rings home while paddling the bike ride story. I kind of think it’s suspicious if she would have went on a bike ride with such a big ring. It would be interesting to know what SM normally did and I’m sure the girls and/or some of her friends would know.
Just imagine BM didn’t know (if) SM would leave them home and by trying to stage a bike ride made her rings disappear with her when she wouldn’t wear them while riding. Threw away money for nothing...Wouldn’t that be something?

IMO

I was thinking of it. If the house is safe, probably leave at home.

But did she wear a cross? How about that nice pendant?

it is inconvenient to take off pendants and crosses, with their tiny locks. I don’t know about Suzanne, but this potentially could be a weak point of the story. You know how many people walk around with metal detectors looking for gold?

JMO.

1. 911 Call

Great question! I pick #6 as my first choice, followed by #5.

JMO

Check out all these antlers pictured with Suzanne and Barry. I never knew there was so many deer.

Those are elk antlers in Jackson Hole, WY where, for the past 100 years, the local park has had 4 of these arches made of naturally shedded elk antlers, constantly replacing them with each year's shed.

Elk, according to park rangers at Grand Teton and Yellowstone, are almost a nuisance up there - since we humans eliminated their natural predators. One ranger says they are "like rats."

Yet, it's a huge tourist attraction (the town is absolutely beautiful and its surroundings even moreso). All throughout the nearby area, there are small antique and curio shops that sell more elk horns. Everyone seems to get caught up in elk horn craziness up there - I started wanting an elk antler, myself. The actual antlers were not too expensive (might have cost me $100 around 10 years ago to buy enough for a chandelier, but I'm not very craft oriented and...I had been living in New Mexico and somehow those antlers seemed really aesthetically pleasing).

I would agree the PP home is on a septic system. We owned a home with acreage in a private subdivision with an HOA. All Homes were on well and septic systems. We had a 20x40 pool, and if we needed to drain it, or remove any large amounts of water, we just let it flow down our paved driveway, , no problem. The septic systems allow liquids to seep deep into the ground, not unsanitary in the least. No reason to fill the septic with pool/hot tub water, it could just be drained on the ground.

That makes me think, then, that there would be evidence in the soil - of a recent hot tub dumping or of bleach or both.

Thank you so much!

I just heard on a podcast yesterday that Alexa only calls 911 if you pre-code Alexa to respond to that command. So, everyone, if you have Alexa, program it now!

Alexa operates via WiFi connection.

By request, she calls my phone when I can't find it. She'll call anyone in my phone's contact list. She's connected to my smart plugs meaning she can turn off and on items that are plugged into smart plugs. She can do so much more!

Alexa can't dial 911 for me because 911 is not entered in my contact list. So, thanks for informing us of that fact!

As quirky as WiFi was at PP, I'm not sure how efficently Alexa would perform.

Three months?! You are being quite generous! The car was gone in three weeks according to CM. Apparently, whatever reason that he gave to the kids was believed. They still went on their annual Mexico vacation trip with one of the friends replacing Suzanne, I presume.

The speed at which he liquidated all of her possessions has my head spinning. It is more than apparent to anyone who is even a casual observer that Barry knew that his wife was not returning.

No time like the present to wrap up loose ends...I guess. I sure hope that the younger daughter will go to college despite all that is happening, even if she is forced to take out loans and grants. Suzanne loved her daughters and would want nothing but the best for them.

JMO.

Thank you, Synergizer Bunny, for the correct time frame on the car sale! Three weeks, not three months. Unbelievable.

My apologies, I don’t have the link for that info.

The most incriminating evidence at trial will be M and M. IMHO SUPER MOO! BM FALSELY told them he did it...nobly - at SM’s cancer-pain motivated request, out of love, not withstanding the legal risk to himself

Last edited:
Three months?! You are being quite generous! The car was gone in three weeks according to CM. Apparently, whatever reason that he gave to the kids was believed. They still went on their annual Mexico vacation trip with one of the friends replacing Suzanne, I presume.

The speed at which he liquidated all of her possessions has my head spinning. It is more than apparent to anyone who is even a casual observer that Barry knew that his wife was not returning.

No time like the present to wrap up loose ends...I guess. I sure hope that the younger daughter will go to college despite all that is happening, even if she is forced to take out loans and grants. Suzanne loved her daughters and would want nothing but the best for them.

JMO.
Oh my goodness.
No words. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads