Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM
So Suzanne was a 2x cancer survivor.
The link below is a nice article really worth a read, it includes comments by some of Suzanne’s friends describing the type of person she was.
Snipped from the article and BBM:

Suzanne, a strong woman on many levels, overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma twice. Once before her children were born, and again as the Morphew family moved to Colorado. The family says they celebrated her last cancer treatment on October 1, 2019.

“You don’t just see beauty when Suzanne is around, you feel it”: Friends describe missing Chaffee County woman | FOX21 News Colorado

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

So very sad and tragic to go through that horrible chemo that makes you god awful sick and lose your hair fighting for your life only to be murdered by your husband. <modsnip>

Finances?
Is it possible at time of the 2018 PP purchase, SM & BM were holding many other substantial investments? Perhaps they did not sink all their $ into PP?
Since SM's disappearance some/many of BM's actions suggest: he/they were already in dire $ straights.
But is it possible that, besides PP sale proceeds, BM has beaucoup dollars, say
- CDs at a bank or CU.
- stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc. in a brokerage account.
- precious metals (gold or silver bouillon or bars, etc).
- __ other?

I'm not arguing this as a likely theory, just trying to think of scenarios not yet discussed.

Suzanne texted her sister friday morning.
If BM told police that he and Suzanne got into a huge argument friday night, i believe he told them that only after he realized Suzanne had sent incriminating texts to her sis. MOO. Maybe he thought that since he destroyed her phone, they’d never know the fight (“scenario” aka incident) actually went down on thursday. I also have a strong suspicion that whatever happened Thursday is the catalyst to this tragedy.. Obviously it had been building up for some time (moo), but I think, sadly, SM should have left first thing Friday. Poor woman :(

At about 1:43:00 hour mark CM states he knows that during BM's first interview with LE that BM told LE he and SM had a "knock-down-drag-out fight" -- a big argument before SM disappeared. I can't find confirmation of this fight reported in MSM or confirmed by LE so I believe this must be viewed here on main thread only as an alleged fight per TOS.

I agree with Mike King of Profiling Evil’s speculation that Suzanne’s life ended on Saturday, May 9th. I have always leaned to the “event” happening on Saturday sometime after Barry left the worksite- “have to go home to make the wife happy and do some hiking or biking.”
That statement has always seemed so off
to me. According to MG, they were supposed to be working all day Saturday and then Barry suddenly has to cut the day short and go home?? I think Suzanne might have been angry with him and summonsed him home that morning, as always felt that that statement also seems to ooooze with resentment.
One of the biggest reasons I think Saturday is because I don’t think that Barry could pull off impersonating Suzanne and conversing with her BFF about upcoming wedding details. Suzanne and her BFF were very close and reportedly BFF said the text ended abruptly, not that it didn’t sound like Suzanne.
And his last minute thrown together “alibi” and MG’s comments about him calling her very early Sunday morning sounding like he’d just had the worst night of his life, IMO also points to Saturday being Suzanne’s last day on earth. Sorry I don’t have the link to Mike’s video handy, but it was posted in previous thread by our wonderful @swedeheart.

Looking forward to seeing how much of our speculations were right and where we were wrong. Come on AA. Can’t wait, can’t sleep lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Quoting my own post as the bolded was my speculation before Barry was arrested that it may have been spur of moment blind rage “event”. That’s what happens when I’m up too late posting when I’m tired lol.
Based on Barry’s charges, it appears LE/DA have evidence that shows he put more forethought into it. I still believe they had been fighting/arguing for awhile about finances etc., leading up to and during Mother’s Day weekend, but instead of Suzanne summoned him home Saturday morning and he killed her in a blind rage, change to Barry had made up his mind and decided to end Suzanne’s life on Saturday and left the worksite Saturday morning to carry out his plan, using “have to go home and make the wife happy...” as an excuse.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Eagerly waiting for the AA to appear. At least if it’s release wasn’t opposed. IIUC If the defense opposes it, there will be a hearing about it first.

Anyway, here is the link again for all public court documents about the case:

2021CR78 People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

Colorado Judicial Branch

I'm having a sinking feeling that we're going to find out that this is much more violent and bloody than a so-called "soft kill" like strangulation or drowning. I'm starting to think he shot her, either with a crossbow or one of his many guns. A crossbow would be much less messy, unless dismemberment was involved. I think it was in the house and I think there was an incredible amount of clean-up required, though. I think this was obvious during the first search of the house, and LE have been connecting the dots back to BM all this time.

From the first moment, LE never treated this as a possible abduction. I wonder if BM was scratched up or bruised when he turned up. Remember how he was "the husband" and didn't show his face until his lame video?

I also think it's entirely possible BM was getting loaded up to do a runner. Maybe his recent vacation in Mexico involved real estate transactions.

I tend to trust what Chris says. I do wonder if there isn't some masterminding going on behind the scenes with Chris and LE. He does have a background in profiling, after all.

All speculation on my part.

I am hoping today is the day. Chris’ video is the first that I have seen where Barry told LE that there was a very big argument on Friday night. Where did Chris get that information-does he have inside info or did he hear it from Lauren? I wonder if the premeditation is part of that-was there some form of violence on Friday, did Suzanne try to leave, did she share with friends after that? Did he tell her she wasn’t going anywhere? What was Suzanne doing on Saturday while Barry was at the jobsite? Were there suitcases packed and in Suzanne’s car, that Barry never noticed because he was busy cleaning up? I’m a pessimist so I think we will be waiting a bit longer for the AA. But I am the same person who thought it might be years before Barry was charged, if at all.

I am hoping today is the day. Chris’ video is the first that I have seen where Barry told LE that there was a very big argument on Friday night. Where did Chris get that information-does he have inside info or did he hear it from Lauren? I wonder if the premeditation is part of that-was there some form of violence on Friday, did Suzanne try to leave, did she share with friends after that? Did he tell her she wasn’t going anywhere? What was Suzanne doing on Saturday while Barry was at the jobsite? Were there suitcases packed and in Suzanne’s car, that Barry never noticed because he was busy cleaning up? I’m a pessimist so I think we will be waiting a bit longer for the AA. But I am the same person who thought it might be years before Barry was charged, if at all.

Perhaps Barry heard or suspected that Suzanne was preparing to leave on the Saturday and that is why he left the work site early to go home .

This quote from Barry Morphew:

“And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

Well... that "one person" is no longer in a "saved" state.

Barry probably heard Suzanne say something similar at some point. With her Christian faith and forgiving nature, when things would go wrong or someone made a mistake, she may have taught the family to think beyond who is to blame and focus instead on salvation. Leave it to Barry to steal her philosophy and parrot it after he murdered her. The only person Barry cares about saving is .. Barry.

I agree with Mike King of Profiling Evil’s speculation that Suzanne’s life ended on Saturday, May 9th. I have always leaned to the “event” happening on Saturday sometime after Barry left the worksite- “have to go home to make the wife happy and do some hiking or biking.”
That statement has always seemed so off
to me. According to MG, they were supposed to be working all day Saturday and then Barry suddenly has to cut the day short and go home?? I think Suzanne might have been angry with him and summonsed him home that morning, as always felt that that statement also seems to ooooze with resentment.
One of the biggest reasons I think Saturday is because I don’t think that Barry could pull off impersonating Suzanne and conversing with her BFF about upcoming wedding details. Suzanne and her BFF were very close and reportedly BFF said the text ended abruptly, not that it didn’t sound like Suzanne.
And his last minute thrown together “alibi” and MG’s comments about him calling her very early Sunday morning sounding like he’d just had the worst night of his life, IMO also points to Saturday being Suzanne’s last day on earth. Sorry I don’t have the link to Mike’s video handy, but it was posted in previous thread by our wonderful @swedeheart.

Looking forward to seeing how much of our speculations were right and where we were wrong. Come on AA. Can’t wait, can’t sleep lol.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Did Suzanne survive the "hard fight" on Friday, is it possible at all? Had she been able to talk with her girlfriend via internet on Saturday? If she survived and if she wanted to leave, she had no time for talking but had to pack her suitcases as soon as BM left the house, actually.
Why did BM tell LE of that fight? It doesn't fit with abduction by someone, "who has her". Did LE find the home in a complete mess and he had to explain it?
The poor sister and poor girlfriend of Suzanne: they learned of her fear and pain in some way, but couldn't help her. Because all, they could have done, would have been a danger to Suzanne and could have initiated a bad fight between S and B even more so.

At about 1:43:00 hour mark CM states he knows that during BM's first interview with LE that BM told LE he and SM had a "knock-down-drag-out fight" -- a big argument before SM disappeared. I can't find confirmation of this fight reported in MSM or confirmed by LE so I believe this must be viewed here on main thread only as an alleged fight per TOS.

Again, my question (to anyone, really), since the CCSO were SO darn good and not releasing any details about pretty much anything, how in the world does CM know what Barry said to LE in any interview? I find it very hard to believe anyone with the CCSO would blab that info to CM.

Unless... BM repeated to LS in one of their many interviews (remember, she spoke to him several times and most of their conversations were never published), what he said to LE in his first interview, and LS, repeated that info to CM? Now that would make sense, but it's still a lot of he said/she said.

jmo

I’m hoping since Inmate Morphew’s PD hasn’t filed an objection to AA being released as of yet, that we do indeed get to see it today. Of course, PD may have until 4:00pm Colorado time to file formal objection. I’m not sure what the exact timeframe is. Fingers crossed.

Again, my question (to anyone, really), since the CCSO were SO darn good and not releasing any details about pretty much anything, how in the world does CM know what Barry said to LE in any interview? I find it very hard to believe anyone with the CCSO would blab that info to CM.

Unless... BM repeated to LS in one of their many interviews (remember, she spoke to him several times and most of their conversations were never published), what he said to LE in his first interview, and LS, repeated that info to CM? Now that would make sense, but it's still a lot of he said/she said.

jmo

In my inexperienced opinion, it seems like the two ways CM would learn are:

1. AM shared a ton of info with CM last fall winter. I’d imagine AM got a decent amount of information from LE and in speaking with CM disclosed some of it.

2. It’s also possible that LE internationally shared some selective info with Chris as a means to leak it to the public or to see how BM would react once that info is out there.

But those are just guesses.

jmo
I’m curious if someone really gave CM a heads up about the imminent arrest of Inmate Morphew. It certainly seems that way since CM arrived in Salida the night before! Too much of a coincidence. And as closed lipped as LE has been, I’d be disappointed to know there was a “leaker”! That could really have been dangerous if BM got wind he was going to be arrested.
EBM to add MOO

I think there was an incredible amount of clean-up required,

And he cleaned the house with bleach. Probably left some windows open to air out some and loaded all the clean-up towels in truck and headed for Broomfield. Took contaminated load inside room to get rid of. Probably tried to wash it out in the tub but then realized that was too much of a job or actually worked on it for a while until most blood was gone and not noticeable if just a glance. Threw all that into trash bags and probably took to dumpster. If it's true the bleach was so strong in room, this would cause that. But ol Barry knew he couldn't leave that evidence at or near the house.

I’m curious if someone really gave CM a heads up about the imminent arrest of Inmate Morphew. It certainly seems that way since CM arrived in Salida the night before! Too much of a coincidence. And as closed lipped as LE has been, I’d be disappointed to know there was a “leaker”! That could really have been dangerous if BM got wind he was going to be arrested.

I don't think it was any coincidence at all that CM was in town, since the upcoming weekend was the 1 year anniversary of her going missing, and CM and his wife were already involved in a multi-vid presentation (the one from Indiana & BM's childhood being the first one). Even without an arrest, I'm sure the next installment would have just been them, live in Salida, off the dirt road in Maysville where the bike was found, etc. The arrest was just a fabulous bonus.

jmo

In my inexperienced opinion, it seems like the two ways CM would learn are:

1. AM shared a ton of info with CM last fall winter. I’d imagine AM got a decent amount of information from LE and in speaking with CM disclosed some of it.

2. It’s also possible that LE internationally shared some selective info with Chris as a means to leak it to the public or to see how BM would react once that info is out there.

But those are just guesses.

I have to disagree that the CCSO shared a "decent amount" of info with AM. In fact, I'm guessing they shared very, very little with him. Protecting the integrity of the investigation applies to all, family members included. LE (in my experience only, following cases like this) almost never share any case specific details with the families. It's a huge reason why people get so frustrated and assume the local LE is "doing nothing", and then they start running them down, exactly the way DA Linda Stanley mentioned in the presser.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member