Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagerly waiting for the AA to appear. At least if it’s release wasn’t opposed. IIUC If the defense opposes it, there will be a hearing about it first.

Anyway, here is the link again for all public court documents about the case:

2021CR78 People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

Colorado Judicial Branch
Thank you for posting link! Fingers Crossed we get the AA.

Yesterday on MK's show he mentioned that on 05.11 the state filed an order called ENTRY OF APPEARANCE, NOTICE OF ELECTION, AND REQUEST FOR PROOF EVIDENT PRESUMPTION GREAT HEARING

He discusses it at the 16:00 mark

Essentially ordering the prosecution to hand over all info they have, to the defense before Barry's next appearance on the 27th.

He shares some screen caps of the document but I thought it was interesting this document is not located here Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

I have to disagree that the CCSO shared a "decent amount" of info with AM. In fact, I'm guessing they shared very, very little with him. Protecting the integrity of the investigation applies to all, family members included. LE (in my experience only, following cases like this) almost never share any case specific details with the families. It's a huge reason why people get so frustrated and assume the local LE is "doing nothing", and then they start running them down, exactly the way DA Linda Stanley mentioned in the presser.

jmo
Agree, I don’t think AM got substantial info from CCSO. I do think CBI shared “sone” info with AM during CBI visit to IN. MOO, AM said CBI told him there were no coolers in the home, and that BM refused polygraph and voice analysis iirc. I see that as more likely than CCSO sharing info. All MOO

Yesterday on MK's show he mentioned that on 05.11 the state filed an order called ENTRY OF APPEARANCE, NOTICE OF ELECTION, AND REQUEST FOR PROOF EVIDENT PRESUMPTION GREAT HEARING

Essentially ordering the prosecution to hand over all info they have, to the defense before Barry's next appearance on the 27th.

He shares some screen caps of the document but I thought it was interesting this document is not located here Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew
It’s indeed very strange that that filing doesn’t appear on the public link.

Suzanne’s older brother, Andrew Moorman, brought up something he’d heard, following a search of the Morphew family home.

“From what I understood secondhand, they said there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the home,” he said.

That information had apparently been relayed to him by initial investigators.

“I’ve heard the FBI lie and I know that they can legally do that in their investigations,” Barry said. “But it just pains me to know that they are doing this to me and my family.”

Moorman said CBI agents brought up other concerns as well.

“They did ask us, ‘why can’t we find any coolers at the house?’ And I said, ‘well I have no idea. I don’t know how many they had to begin with,” he said. “But I assume, as a hunter and a guy that maybe camps, he would have a few, and they couldn’t find a single one.”

Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

I just wanted to weigh in to suggest that LE may not have leaked info but instead may have indicated to Suzanne’s sister that Barry admitted to the fight when she told them what she knew. So not a leak, but as part of getting her witness statement they may have let it out as they sought to compare notes. And of course her sister would share this with AM who would share with CM etc.

But of course IF LE indicated to her sister or anyone else that BM had admitted to the fight, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true. For instance, true or not, investigators could have said BM had told them about it to reassure the sister (or others) to encourage them to be forthcoming/ not worry that they would be betraying BM (even after all this SM’s sister did say she loves BM).

Just a possibility!

Suzanne’s older brother, Andrew Moorman, brought up something he’d heard, following a search of the Morphew family home.

“From what I understood secondhand, they said there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the home,” he said.

That information had apparently been relayed to him by initial investigators.

“I’ve heard the FBI lie and I know that they can legally do that in their investigations,” Barry said. “But it just pains me to know that they are doing this to me and my family.”

Moorman said CBI agents brought up other concerns as well.

“They did ask us, ‘why can’t we find any coolers at the house?’ And I said, ‘well I have no idea. I don’t know how many they had to begin with,” he said. “But I assume, as a hunter and a guy that maybe camps, he would have a few, and they couldn’t find a single one.”

Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

I miss Andy’s voice, and I feel like we all got to know him on some level through this. I hope that he understands how much he has helped to bring justice for his little sister. I have no idea how close they were before Suzanne was murdered, but it doesn’t matter. They grew up together, and will always be bound.
It’s a long road ahead, and we don’t know if Andy will have a part in the prosecution. Andy kind of wore his heart on his sleeve, and I hope he’s okay. A friend of his had commented very early on about how fiercely protective Andy was of his little sister. I hope he understands and holds no guilt or second guessing. He could not protect her from Barry. I believe once that Barry said something about her trusting nature and how that could have been her undoing. Yup.

MOO The fight might have been that he wanted to get her inheritence out of the house.
It is the first thing he did after she was out of the way.
Yes, one thing I had not considered before is that maybe it was Barry who wanted to sell the house and Suzanne wanted to hold onto it. He bought that lot very soon after she disappeared. Maybe his plan all along was to build a smaller home and be rid of the Puma Path home to free up some money. Imo

I miss Andy’s voice, and I feel like we all got to know him on some level through this. I hope that he understands how much he has helped to bring justice for his little sister. I have no idea how close they were before Suzanne was murdered, but it doesn’t matter. They grew up together, and will always be bound.
It’s a long road ahead, and we don’t know if Andy will have a part in the prosecution. Andy kind of wore his heart on his sleeve, and I hope he’s okay. A friend of his had commented very early on about how fiercely protective Andy was of his little sister. I hope he understands and holds no guilt or second guessing. He could not protect her from Barry. I believe once that Barry said something about her trusting nature and how that could have been her undoing. Yup.

Agree 100%! Every woman would be lucky to have a brother like Andy. I posted this quote from Andy last October when he talked about the alleged bike ride, and I still feel the same way! Enough so to bump my own old post haha.

“if I had ridden a bike over there, it would have been pretzelized and my knuckles would have been hamburgerized”

I love Andy Moorman.

jmo

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

I'm having a sinking feeling that we're going to find out that this is much more violent and bloody than a so-called "soft kill" like strangulation or drowning. I'm starting to think he shot her, either with a crossbow or one of his many guns. A crossbow would be much less messy, unless dismemberment was involved. I think it was in the house and I think there was an incredible amount of clean-up required, though. I think this was obvious during the first search of the house, and LE have been connecting the dots back to BM all this time.

From the first moment, LE never treated this as a possible abduction. I wonder if BM was scratched up or bruised when he turned up. Remember how he was "the husband" and didn't show his face until his lame video?

I also think it's entirely possible BM was getting loaded up to do a runner. Maybe his recent vacation in Mexico involved real estate transactions.

I tend to trust what Chris says. I do wonder if there isn't some masterminding going on behind the scenes with Chris and LE. He does have a background in profiling, after all.

All speculation on my part.
I agree with all you said @MrsWatson.
I have thought previously that Suzanne met her demise via strangulation and/or drowning in the hot tub. but have a sinking feeling like you that this could indeed end up being more violent and bloody.

I haven’t been a fan of the dismemberment theory. I think Barry is evil for sure but dismembering someone to me is evil on a whole other level and I’ve thought Barry wouldn’t be able to go through with doing something so horrifically gruesome to the woman he basically grew up with and Mother of his children. Then again, he.chose to take his daughters Mother away from them on Mother’s Day of all days, which indicates another level of incomprehensible evil to me. Hard to get inside a killer’s head when you’re not a killer, so idk maybe if Barry was emotionally distanced enough from Suzanne, and thinking oh well she’s dead anyway what’s she gonna feel combined with his skills and easy access to tools/equipment, dismemberment was an easy choice for him?? Not sure if easy is the right word here, I couldn’t sleep last night and having a little trouble expressing clearly what I mean, but gist point made, I think. ;)

At any rate, I think alot of it is because I cannot bear the thought of Suzanne ending up in pieces. It breaks my heart and just really hoping and praying this beautiful, precious soul wasn’t cut up into pieces before disposal.
Poor sweet Suzanne.

Hope we get to read an AA today.

IMHOO

#FimdSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:

I know in some of the Colorado cases I've followed some of the documents are released on a legal site before they are posted on the Colorado site ,that's how some of gannon's info got out and PF's . Hopefully we get to see it all soon.

I feel a bit ignorant, but I am compelled to ask......what does the "AA" stand for?

Thank you!

I feel so bad for Suzanne's daughters. They are essentially losing both their parents. What a horrific tragedy.... Heartbreaking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC