Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if that statement was referring to a threat made to Suzanne? Something like: While in a rage BM, possibly while physically fighting with her, she begs for her life and he says something like: You're gonna pay. I (BM) am either gonna kill you or kill the girls. From what we know of Suzanne's love for her daughters, she would 100% take the proverbial bullet. And sadly, that would make BMs statement very literal. MOOOOOOOO

Not sure if I'm making sense. If not, just ignore.
I hope it makes sense to others because I had a very similar thought. Mine was more along the lines of BM just considering killing the girls too. Sorry to type that out, such an awful thought, but it passed through my mind. So he saved the girls. And, of course, number one, because that’s all he cares about. IMO

Love that you reduced it to it’s inmate number!

Twice now you made me laugh out loud! The wheels are spinning but the hamster is dead was the other one. You’re on fire!!

I’m pages behind, but wanted to thank you for your input and dedication to Suzanne.

One day I hope to catch up and join in an active discussion. As usual, hopelessly behind....

I have my mom fully invested as well. Tonight she said, “I hope they keep him locked up because he liquidated everything except the bobcat”. And here I was wondering if she really paid attention!
Tell your mom she just earned her first Websleuths badge, and congratulations! Now all she needs is a username...

It's possible they think it's the murder weapon but can't prove it yet, and that's why they've included the charge in the same complaint. Or it could just be that the gun was found during a search for evidence regarding the murder and so it seemed logical to include it in this complaint. The dates for the weapons charge match up to the dates for the tampering with evidence charge. Maybe there was a search on March 4th that found evidence that Barry had been concealing and during which they also found the illegal gun?

The voter fraud claim being charged separately makes some sense because it arose as a separate case that was brought to them by the county clerk. It's not like they found evidence of voter fraud while searching the house.
Thank you for explaining. Makes perfect sense now. The filing of different complaints is confusing to me sometimes. The March 4 date is around the time of closing on the PP home. Odd... MOO

I hope it makes sense to others because I had a very similar thought. Mine was more along the lines of BM just considering killing the girls too. Sorry to type that out, such an awful thought, but it passed through my mind. So he saved the girls. And, of course, number one, because that’s all he cares about. IMO
No. Because the plan was to kill, and get away with it. Family annihilation is hard to cover.

Even during chemo she was smiling. Yes, it is heartbreaking. She battled and beat cancer a second time. She had so much more life to live. How sad that she was not allowed to live that life, live it to the fullest and enjoy her precious daughters and future grandchildren. :(

Or, for herself - divorce. Liberation. Finding someone who’d really appreciate her, be loyal, not controlling. Be happy.

I'm wondering what the connection is between counts 3 & 4 and the dates spanning May 10, 2020 to March 4, 2021.

COUNT 3-TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE (F6) Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; in violation of section 18-8-610(1)(a), C.R.S.

COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5) Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.

We know the PP home was sold on March 3, 2021. Is it possible that LE moved in on the home directly after it sold (March 4) , and found some type of evidence? Did they find the gun hidden or buried at PP? Could that be the physical evidence he concealed/tried to destroy? Is it the murder weapon they found?

Was this that one final piece of evidence LE needed to "seal the envelope" and present it to the DA?

Criminal Defense Team are no slouches...look at their experience. Women too boot, must be very costly or possibly pro bono representation? JMOO
Eytan Nielsen | Iris Eytan

Iris Eytan of Eytan Nielsen LLC is one of the leading Colorado lawyers practicing in high-profile criminal defense litigation. She is well known as an aggressive Denver lawyer and for her unrelenting pursuit of justice.

As a highly experienced Colorado criminal defense attorney, Iris has brought more than 50 cases to trial. Most recently, her work as counsel in the jury trial of Tom Fallis caught the attention of the national and international media. Mr. Fallis was wrongfully charged with the murder of his wife. Along with their legal team, Iris Eytan and her partner Dru Nielsen, secured an acquittal by jury in this highly publicized case.

Iris’ practice is focused on the aggressive defense of crimes including homicide, serious assault, Title IX disciplinary proceedings, sexual offenses, sexual violence and criminal cases involving mental health defenses and issues. She is also experienced in handling cases that are under investigation and has successfully convinced the prosecution to drop potential criminal charges against her client. Iris also has special knowledge of the disciplinary process that male college students face when accused of sexual misconduct.

JMOO
I’m pretty sure Dru Nielsen was the attorney who negotiated the all too lenient deal for Krystal K, Patrick Frazee’s clean up queen, in the Kelsey Berreth murder case. She is an excellent lawyer and I’m sure her partner is also.
This is good for BM, and not great for the prosecution. But they may convince BM to make a deal, hopefully not a ridiculous deal (like KK, who’s already out of prison). MOO

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-with-deceased-body-in-suzanne-morphew-case

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

The "Short Rifle"
MOO- Considering the dates for this specific charge is May 9, 2020 - May 5, 2021 (date of arrest), MOO- they had been searching for this specific weapon that they believe BM had/used on May 9-10th. Even if not the murder, it was used in some egregious way. I think this is from witness testimony and they found it or part of it and it was the final link they needed for an arrest. The dates are too specific to only be a registration charge. It could be both, but IMO it is more than that. Edited for clarity.
@TKG thx for your post.
Yes, could very well be.

Murder & Short Rifle/Weapon?
This court document lead me to believe they are related to the murder charge.
https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2021/05/21CR78-Morphew-Complaint.pdf
Count 1 is 1st degree Murder
Count 4 is possession of a Dangerous Weapon
Both Counts start on or about May 9, 2020
JMO, MOO
ETA - Notice the vote fraud charges are not listed on this document
@Puzzles8
Thx for you response which raises a good point. In earlier post, I did not intend to dismiss your thoughts about correlation btwn short rifle and murder. Sorry if my post gave that impression.

As you said, the time span seems revealing. my2ct.

From count 4 of the complaint: Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.

1. What is a dangerous weapon in Colorado?

You violate 18-12-102 C.R.S. when you possess a dangerous weapon.

In Colorado, a “dangerous weapon” means any:
  • firearm silencer,
  • machine gun,
  • short shotgun,
  • short rifle, or
  • ballistic knife.
“Ballistic knife” means any knife that has a blade that is forcefully projected from the handle by means of a spring-loaded device or explosive charge.1

“Firearm silencer” means any instrument, attachment, weapon, or appliance for causing the firing of any gun, revolver, pistol, or other firearm to be silent or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any such weapon.2

“Machine gun” means any firearm, whatever its size and usual designation, that shoots automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.3

“Short rifle” means a rifle having a barrel less than sixteen inches long or an overall length of fewer than twenty-six inches.4

“Short shotgun” means a shotgun having a barrel or barrels less than eighteen inches long or an overall length of fewer than twenty-six inches.5 This includes shotguns of normal length that have been sawed-off so that the barrel is less than eighteen inches.

A weapon does not need to be operable in order to be dangerous. You violate 18-12-102 C.R.S. if the weapon can be made operable with the addition of a readily replaceable part or quick repair.6

What weapons are illegal in Colorado? (18-12-102 CRS)

Lady in Texas is doing 5 years in prison for voting while still on parole, which makes hers a lesser offense; voting for her self, but she was not eligible to vote yet. Had not completed parole.
BM falsely voted for someone else.

I was looking at the federal penalty for voter fraud. It seems that the max penalty for any type of voter fraud is 5 years (plus fines).

shall be fined in accordance with title 18 (which fines shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury, miscellaneous receipts (pursuant to section 3302 of title 31), notwithstanding any other law), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
52 U.S. Code § 20511 - Criminal penalties

Tonight on CM's live at the 1:05:57 mark he stated that the PD's office could have hired these attorneys with a "special fund" they may have. For those that are familiar with the process could this possibly be true? This would have my stomach doing flips...

Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado

May 18, 2021

Morphew hired two [private] attorney’s Iris Eytan and Dru Nielsen. Eytan has brought more than 50 cases to trial. Nielsen just recently represented Krystal Lee Kenney, the former Idaho nurse who helped put away Patrick Frazee. Nielsen helped her get less time behind bars. They both secured an acquittal by jury in the Tom Fallis case. He was wrongfully charged with the murder of his wife in 2012.
________

In the audio portion of the newscast linked above, LS states BM hired two private attorneys.

To be clear, the Court provides a defendant a Court-appointed Attorney (versus a Public Defender from Colorado's PD office) if/when the PD's office has a conflict of interest and cannot represent the defendant. However, the PD's office does not use public funds to hire additional private attorneys to join the PD team to help them out as CM suggests.

Seriously, one needs to take CM's legal commentary with a huge grain of salt! I recall CM last reported that BM was indicted (grand jury) when in fact Colorado typically charges the accused by Criminal Complaint & Information which is exactly what we are reading from today (filed May 18) and linked below. MOO

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2021/05/21CR78-Morphew-Complaint.pdf

I'm wondering what the connection is between counts 3 & 4 and the dates spanning May 10, 2020 to March 4, 2021.

COUNT 3-TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE (F6) Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew, believing that an official proceeding was pending or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; in violation of section 18-8-610(1)(a), C.R.S.

COUNT 4-POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON (F5) Between and including May 9, 2020 and March 4, 2021, Barry Lee Morphew unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly possessed a dangerous weapon, namely: short rifle; in violation of section 18-12-102(3), C.R.S.

We know the PP home was sold on March 3, 2021. Is it possible that LE moved in on the home directly after it sold (March 4) , and found some type of evidence? Did they find the gun hidden or buried at PP? Could that be the physical evidence he concealed/tried to destroy? Is it the murder weapon they found?

Was this that one final piece of evidence LE needed to "seal the envelope" and present it to the DA?
I think you’re both onto something. There’s definitely a connection to the ownership of the Puma Path home MOO. If a new search warrant was issued to new owners, we wouldn’t necessarily know. The thing is BM no longer had possession of the PP home. If that’s where the gun was found, I think it’s connected to the murder. BM didn’t hide it as well as he hid his beautiful wife. Maybe the investment LLC out of Vegas that bought the home, may have contacted LE and say “Have at it, look all you want.” MOO
EBM clarification

Last edited:
These men! These self-obsessed, abusive, controlling, selfish . . . words fail me . . . men! Nobody is safe if they are hindered in any way. Anyone who does that deserves what they get! PS my apologies to all the decent men out there ;)

I think it's more likely the PP residence was under police surveillance until March 4, 2021.

May 18, 2021

Morphew Gets More Charges

Please see the first 3 minutes for screenshots of court filing where BM formerly dismissed his public defenders and notified court of his new legal team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298