Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, LE must have known somehow that he had the gun in his possession at least until the house was sold. Maybe he sold it to someone and that person told police?
If BM sold the gun, could those charges still be filed against him if it’s not the murder weapon? Wouldn’t he need to still own the weapon to be charged?

It has to be related to the home sale. It’s too coincidental with how the dates line up for it not to be.

I wonder if more information and evidence about the case was found after the second PP search warrant but LE didn’t have enough for a judge to grant a 3rd search warrant. However, maybe the new owners consented to a search right after they closed on the home and LE went right to what the needed to find on that property on March 4th.
Yes, a consent to search by the new owners makes sense, especially since the house most likely didn't contain their possessions at the time. JMO.

Last edited:
MOO- Considering the dates for this specific charge is May 9, 2020 - May 5, 2021 (date of arrest), MOO- they had been searching for this specific weapon that they believe BM had/used on May 9-10th. Even if not the murder, it was used in some egregious way. I think this is from witness testimony and they found it or part of it and it was the final link they needed for an arrest. The dates are too specific to only be a registration charge. It could be both, but IMO it is more than that.

Edited for clarity.
Hence that missing gun that was gossiped about possible? Claimed stolen?

If that gun was hidden on the property, along with any evidence associated with SM’s body, I can understand why BM was patrolling his yard with a gun and trail cams during AM’s search. The trail cams specifically would have recorded evidence of an illegal search of BM’s property and to have that evidence dismissed.

If that gun was hidden on the property, along with any evidence associated with SM’s body, I can understand why BM was patrolling his yard with a gun and trail cams during AM’s search. The trail cams specifically would have recorded evidence of an illegal search of BM’s property and to have that evidence dismissed.
I'll bet BM's been trying to cover his *advertiser censored* in many ways for a year regarding SM's assumed death.
I'm surprised he didn't move out of the country once he sold the assets including the family home. I wonder what stopped him.

If BM sold the gun, could those charges still be filed against him if it’s not the murder weapon? Wouldn’t he need to still own the weapon to be charged?
I don't know if he would need to still own the weapon to be charged. Maybe not, if they can trace it back to him or prove he owned it illegally. I'm guessing he used it for hunting but didn't have a permit or never registered it? I think in some states short rifles are banned. Imo

I'll bet BM's been trying to cover his *advertiser censored* in many ways for a year regarding SM's assumed death.
I'm surprised he didn't move out of the country once he sold the assets including the family home. I wonder what stopped him.

Perhaps he was waiting for his eldest daughter to graduate or Covid delayed his plans.

Perhaps he was waiting for his eldest daughter to graduate or Covid delayed his plans.
Good thinking.
Didn't they vacation in Mexico during the holidays? I wonder if he was making some arrangements.
Also, the girls may not have been willing to leave their friends/boyfriends/life/unfound mother.

Yes, if he used it in the crime I think he'd get rid of it so it would never be found. Aren't short rifles especially loud, though? I would think someone would have heard something.

Im not a gun expert but you can put a suppressor/silencer on a short rifle. It also might not be unusual to hear gun shots that far out in a county where they lived.

And there are quite a variety of what can be termed short rifles. Many make me think of militia type stuff that we saw way too often in 2020.

If BM did shoot Suzanne, and that is the gun used and he kept it, or buried it somewhere, a hundred better ways to dispose of it so that it never turns up, he's a bigger idiot than I ever could have guessed.

And of course it would be an illegal gun. BM does what BM wants. No rules need apply. If this was the gun he was waving around during Andy's search? Could he be that arrogant or is just that dumb?

moo

This is a man who, aside from far more heinous actions, filed his dead wife's ballot <modsnip>

I think it's safe to say, his idiot level ranks exceptionally high.

I also think we'll see much more evidence of that, when the AA is finally released.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC there was a weapon missing at the time of the first SW, and BM said it had been stolen, maybe this short rifle is it.

Last edited:
I think the first move will be to try to get him out on bail.

If he achieves that, then they will likely stall the trial for as long as they possibly can.

Then he might consider a plea ... right before he has to go to trial. In an attempt to be locked up for a shorter time, and keep secret the details of Suzanne's murder.

Murder Bail Amounts - Colorado
These cases often have no bail set, i.e. the person will not be released pending trial.
If the charge is a 2nd-degree murder charge, the bail is typically around $250,000.
If the person is charged as an accessory to 1st-degree murder, then the cost doubles to $500,000.
For 1st degree murder, if bail is set, it is not uncommon for it to be near the $1,000,000 mark.
Bail Amount by Crime | Denver Attorney Jeff Weeden
Since he’s sold all of his property in Colorado and has no permanent ties, would the judge really set a bail amount for him considering the charges? He’s tried influencing public servants, wouldn't the judge be concerned with witness tampering as well? I would think he would be a horrible flight risk and a danger to the community!

Im not a gun expert but you can put a suppressor/silencer on a short rifle. It also might not be unusual to hear gun shots that far out in a county where they lived.

And there are quite a variety of what can be termed short rifles. Many make me think of militia type stuff that we saw way too often in 2020.
Yes. Agree. There is something to that, and maybe the attempt to exert influence through that back channel.

Since he’s sold all of his property in Colorado and has no permanent ties, would the judge really set a bail amount for him considering the charges? He’s tried influencing public servants, wouldn't the judge be concerned with witness tampering as well? I would think he would be a horrible flight risk and a danger to the community!
Agree. He looked so different he easily could have slid away already.

I hope this is okay to post:

The first person named in the complaint, count 5 "attempt to influence a public servant" is Damon Brown.

In this MSM article "CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019" there is a Chaffee County Sheriff's deputy listed, named Damon M. Brown.
CHAFFEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have to wonder if he's one of the first deputies on scene where Suzanne's bike was staged.

I hope this is okay to post:

The first person named in the complaint, count 5 "attempt to influence a public servant" is Damon Brown.

In this MSM article "CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019" there is a Chaffee County Sheriff's deputy listed, named Damon M. Brown.
CHAFFEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have to wonder if he's one of the first deputies on scene where Suzanne's bike was staged.
Good point.
And good on Spezze to manage his shop.

Yes, military. Like AR-15 type short rifles. I guess we don't know exactly what type of rifle it is yet. Hopefully we will learn more from the affidavit as to whether or not it was used in the murder.

If there was blood evidence I'm sure they did a thorough analysis of the crime scene. Imo

I would agree, after selling so much property and really, nothing to tie him down in CO, he should certainly be considered a flight risk.

jmo

Oh man. I know this isn't how it works, but I feel like we got a gift from Ms Stanley. It's like she's saying she's sorry she can't release the AA yet, but not to worry, here's a taste of what's coming for BM!
I'm devastated but giddy at the same time! Tictoc BM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298