Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is okay to post:

The first person named in the complaint, count 5 "attempt to influence a public servant" is Damon Brown.

In this MSM article "CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019" there is a Chaffee County Sheriff's deputy listed, named Damon M. Brown.
CHAFFEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have to wonder if he's one of the first deputies on scene where Suzanne's bike was staged.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-with-deceased-body-in-suzanne-morphew-case

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

Thanks, @Ontario Mom -- Damon Brown was one of two named officials whose positions were not known. I don't know if he's still employed by CCSO but he probably was at the time in question. (Others have also mentioned he may be working for Lake County Sheriff. Leadville (i.e., Lake County) is only about 60 miles from Salida).

this is a taste of what BM target Jurors will be. WOMEN. These two female attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for taking on this killer of Suzanne and being a 2x cancer survivor. This really bothers me. Chris Watts now has competition as the most hated man in America.

I feel different about it - the fact that even such an obvious dangerous nonentity, Barry, is given a fair trial and two very good lawyers, at our expense, is good. Because this is what the case is about now, a fair trial. No self-incriminating admissions in suspicious circumstances, and no body, either, but I hope, lots of circumstantial evidence to nail him.

This case is ultimately not for us to watch, it is for Suzanne, for fairness, but also, for her daughters who trust their father. It is horrible to live knowing that your father killed your mother, but much worse, when you think your father was unjustly accused.

As to these two women, the lawyers, they found a very good niche. Smart women defending men accused of femicide… Say what you want of lawyers, I love attorney jokes. for example, but together, this body forms a very solid group upholding justice. Even if it looks so odd, in isolated cases.

Just wish the DA tons and tons of convincing circumstantial evidence.

this is a taste of what BM target Jurors will be. WOMEN. These two female attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for taking on this killer of Suzanne and being a 2x cancer survivor. This really bothers me. Chris Watts now has competition as the most hated man in America.

BBM

Everyone deserves a fair trial. It's one of the bedrocks of a democratic nation. They're doing a job, nothing to be ashamed of.

“My wife is probably the most beautiful woman in the country “ he should not have said. He sounds like a property-owner. (And many other reasons, too).
That sounds so stupid. Like he knows of someone more beautiful in the next county? And only "probably" the most beautiful in his own county. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(

Oh Oh, maybe he said "country"? Excuse me, I read "county", but don't know where it was originally quoted. Anyway, he sounds stupid. Like he wouldn't kill her because she's beautiful? Ask Shanann Rzucek about that one.

Last edited:
Maybe this accounts for some of BM's million bucks?

These are good attorneys. They got the awful KK a sweet deal. They successfully defended Tom Fallis. If you read about that case, and what came out during the trial, I believe his wife did commit suicide. They're clearly very competent. So, no ineffective counsel claims down the road, right?

But those cases are oranges, and BM's case is an apple. Remember, the DA handed over a USB with all the discovery. That's a lot of information. And it's going to be damning. There's going to be so much forensic evidence. So much. The cell phone data, the internet searches, the GPS info, the EVI, whatever physical evidence was recovered from the search warrants and the accounting. Oh, the forensic accounting, a literal treasure chest of evidence, I bet.

And science doesn't lie. Numbers don't lie.

Barry's going to the big house.

All MOO

So we don't get too O/T on this thread, is there a thread for the case here at WS that folks keep mentioning again and again for the Tom Fallis case? I have never heard of at WS and cannot find.

TIA

ETA: I used Google search vs. WS search feature and found it... NOTGUILTY - CO - Ashley Fallis, 28, dies of gunshot wound, Evans, 1 Jan 2012

I think many of us are confused and awaiting the AA to better understand the gun charges. In some states, the charges include if the murder was WITH a weapon as that increases the charges, but have no idea of with this state if it is specific/different charge.

At this time, I'm on the fence leaning to they do not have brain/tissue blow back on the gun to determine such. At this time, I"m over on the side of the fence that this charge is not DIRECTLY supported of being the cause of the murder. We indeed shall see.

My heart breaks for the two girls when the AA is released, and I do hope they have support and love and acceptance for their quandry with their extended family... which has been offered in previous MSM/accepted podcasts here at WS.

Great post @dixiegirl1035 and we must wait for the AA to learn more about the investigators theory on how SM was disappeared by BM and believed dead.

We may never know the cause of SM death or whether a gun involved. It's possible that BM kept a sawed-off firearm (short rifle) in his possession to threaten SM (and others). Nonetheless, this does not dismiss the fact that BM allegedly had possession of a dangerous weapon as rightfully charged in count 4 of his Criminal Complaint or C.R.S. 18-12-102(3).

COUNT 4: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON, C.R.S. 18-12-102(3) (F5){30011}

I think the motion indicated that the PD was withdrawing from the case. So he has been substituted.

Doubt claimed stolen as folks usually don't report illegally owned guns as stolen?
Could it be possible that LE had a list of Barry's registered guns (from IN) and one was missing from that list? That's when Barry stated that it must have been stolen. I actually think that this stolen gun was somehow disposed of by Barry because it was used in the commission of this crime. It was found or parts of it were found.

I agree with the poster who stated that perhaps witnesses were coming out of the woodwork now that Barry has been arrested. It could be either because of his arrest or to avoid arrest themselves. That might be why we are seeing the additional charges now, after the fact.

ETA: I also wonder if the influencing public officials (eight of them) was due to Barry lying during an interrogation about seeing Suzanne asleep at 5 a.m. on Mother's Day and trying to attribute Suzanne's disappearance to the so-called bike ride.

JMO.

IIRC there was a weapon missing at the time of the first SW, and BM said it had been stolen, maybe this short rifle is it.
I’m not finding a source for BM saying he had a gun stolen. Who would he have told that to? An odd thing to bein* up because I’m sure LE probably didn’t know what guns he owned at the time. My hubby is an avid hunter & shoots sporting clays, he’s got 2 large gun safes full of guns. But LE wouldn’t necessarily know what he owns. Odd thing for BM to mention considering he just murdered his wife. Again, he’s not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree! Lol
TIA

Wait, why should these two female attorney's (not sure why gender matters) be ashamed of themselves? The sixth amendment is a strong one. IMO
It’s just my own feelings. I knew he would get a woman to compete against the incredible Linda Stanley, it’s like a chess game. I hope Linda Stanley tries the case shes a bulldog and will do a fantastic job.

I hope this is okay to post:

The first person named in the complaint, count 5 "attempt to influence a public servant" is Damon Brown.

In this MSM article "CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019" there is a Chaffee County Sheriff's deputy listed, named Damon M. Brown.
CHAFFEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CHAFFEE COUNTY FINANCE PUBLICATION OF SALARIES JUNE 2019
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

I have to wonder if he's one of the first deputies on scene where Suzanne's bike was staged.
Could very well be. The 8 people are all LE, CBI, or FBI & 1 person from the DA’s office.

Lamine Mullenax - Chaffee Co Sheriff Deputy
Alex Walker - Chief Investigator - DA’s Office
Derek Graham - CBI
Joe Cahill - CBI
Robin Burgess - CBI
Jonny Grusing - Special Agent FBI
Kenneth Harris - FBI

EBM to include more information

Last edited:
I feel different about it - the fact that even such an obvious dangerous nonentity, Barry, is given a fair trial and two very good lawyers, at our expense, is good. Because this is what the case is about now, a fair trial. No self-incriminating admissions in suspicious circumstances, and no body, either, but I hope, lots of circumstantial evidence to nail him.

This case is ultimately not for us to watch, it is for Suzanne, for fairness, but also, for her daughters who trust their father. It is horrible to live knowing that your father killed your mother, but much worse, when you think your father was unjustly accused.

As to these two women, the lawyers, they found a very good niche. Smart women defending men accused of femicide… Say what you want of lawyers, I love attorney jokes. for example, but together, this body forms a very solid group upholding justice. Even if it looks so odd, in isolated cases.

Just wish the DA tons and tons of convincing circumstantial evidence.
I think it’s the defense strategy to get women attorneys defending the monster.

I think many of us are confused and awaiting the AA to better understand the gun charges. In some states, the charges include if the murder was WITH a weapon as that increases the charges, but have no idea of with this state if it is specific/different charge.

At this time, I'm on the fence leaning to they do not have brain/tissue blow back on the gun to determine such. At this time, I"m over on the side of the fence that this charge is not DIRECTLY supported of being the cause of the murder. We indeed shall see.

My heart breaks for the two girls when the AA is released, and I do hope they have support and love and acceptance for their quandry with their extended family... which has been offered in previous MSM/accepted podcasts here at WS.

This game has started with DA and Defense I think that AA needs to be unsealed ASAP so we can get the truth.

Wait, why should these two female attorney's (not sure why gender matters) be ashamed of themselves? The sixth amendment is a strong one. IMO
Right.

If "defending" a loathsome defendant is hard to understand, think of it instead (and more accurately, imo) as the defense lawyers are ensuring the government/prosecution proves its case.

If we didn't do that, then defendents would be hauled off to jail, their liberty taken, because people find them dispicable...or for whatever reason the mob, the police, the judge felt like declaring.

In our country, to take someone's liberty, the government/prosecution must PROVE the case according to the rule of law. The defense doesn't even need to mount a defense - that is not a requirement. It usually does, but the bottomline is that the defense attorneys are there to make sure the individual person's rights are not trampled on by the goverment. We want that, even if we despise the defendant.

jmo

Could very well be. The 8 people are all LE, CBI, or FBI & 1 person from the DA’s office.

Lamine Mullenax - Chaffee Co Sheriff Deputy
Alex Walker - Chief Investigator - DA’s Office
Derek Graham - CBI
Joe Cahill - CBI
Robin Burgess - CBI
Jonny Grusing - Special Agent FBI
Kenneth Harris - FBI

EBM to include more information
Maybe it’s the firefighter friend

BBM

Everyone deserves a fair trial. It's one of the bedrocks of a democratic nation. They're doing a job, nothing to be ashamed of.

I agree, of course, but I had a gut feeling he would hire a woman I mentioned from the beginning. I’m sure you can understand my point. It looks like a woman believes in his innocence to a jury and most women are angry at this man. He could have just as easily got a powerhouse male attorney but a women looks better for his case.

The female attorneys going head to head at trial will be very interesting.

Can I just say here, as maybe some point of light in all of this - from what has come forth - it did seem that Suzanne was excited and looking forward to living in gorgeous Salida. Even with things going downhill in the marriage - I completely believe that she was sticking with it and trying her best. We have learned what a wonderful and positive person she was. All of this is beyond heart breaking !! But, I for one am going to remember her as living her life in a place pretty close to heaven !! And I bet she did love it there and only wanted things to improve. RIP gorgeous Colorado gal !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298