Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares if he hired women or men or short or tall. Yes, I understand the game playing and showmanship that goes on for the jury, but that won't cover a strong case if the prosecution has one.

And if they are willing to go forward with no body, I think they have a strong case.

I find the gender discussion dated to be honest. It's not 1985 anymore. It's not strange to have women lawyers in the courtroom.

jmo

I fully agree with you here and it doesn't matter to me at all but you better believe it matters to Barry, especially when he makes comments about how beautiful his wife is like she is a prized possession...

I fully agree with you here and it doesn't matter to me at all but you better believe it matters to Barry, especially when he makes comments about how beautiful his wife is like she is a prized possession...
Hope the prosecution weeds out any shallow jury members who will fall for that optic instead of listening to evidence.....and I have a sense the prosecution is up to the task.

jmo

I agree, of course, but I had a gut feeling he would hire a woman I mentioned from the beginning. I’m sure you can understand my point. It looks like a woman believes in his innocence to a jury and most women are angry at this man. He could have just as easily got a powerhouse male attorney but a women looks better for his case.

The female attorneys going head to head at trial will be very interesting.

Don't want to go against TOS, but on topic comparison....

the female defense attorneys for Katherine Magbanua in the Tallahassee Dan Markel case were damn amazing. Never seen anything like what they did at that trial.

She was not found guilty as hung jury. It was a VERY complex trial which depended on electronic pings... and I am reading in the last two years that FBI has really gotten it together to aid in smaller cases with visuals even above and beyond that trial a couple of years ago I followed 100%.

Hopefully, electronics progression in the last two years will help nail this case due to their progressions.

I agree. And my POINT was not anything about how anyone else in the current day feels or thinks about women in the courtroom; it was about Barry's perspective.

He has a pattern of dominance and disrespect in relation to women, he doesn't value attorneys (male or female) enough to have had one ready to go when he was arrested even though it was apparent to anyone observing that he was the POI all evidence was pointing at, and he doesn't like parting with money, even when that money is buying something of value.

For this reason, I predict conflict between the defendant and his attorneys. Barry is going to be climbing the learning curve of not appearing to dominate and disrespect women in front of the jury and he is going to be doing that when he is also PO'd at having to pay their fees.

Who cares if he hired women or men or short or tall. Yes, I understand the game playing and showmanship that goes on for the jury, but that won't cover a strong case if the prosecution has one.

And if they are willing to go forward with no body, I think they have a strong case.

I find the gender discussion dated to be honest. It's not 1985 anymore. It's not strange to have women lawyers in the courtroom.

jmo
I have to say that I somewhat disagree. IMO, it is important that jurors find the lawyers likable. Women defending a man for the murder of his wife can affect a juror's psyche just as the good looks of the defendant can.

Looks are important as well as the way the defendant dresses. Why do you think the lawyers wanted Barry to be in street clothes instead of prison clothes?

I know that all of this shouldn't matter; however, IMO, it does.

eta: I'm not saying that Barry will be acquitted if the evidence is strong enough to convict. I'm saying that if there is a chance of acquittal, certain factors can subconsciously tip the scale in his favor.

Last edited:
Femicide is a huge current issue, not just one of the past.
For that reason for some of us it’s painful to see two intelligent and badass women defend monsters knowingly, it will absolutely come across to the jurors that these smart and critically analytical women are vying for his innocence.

Even if you don’t see it or disagree, it’s a pretty understandable emotional reaction.

and with that said, my logical reaction is: give him the best and sharpest lawyers around, give him the best chance possible, that way when a guilty verdict is read it will be sealed and leave no room for mistrial or appeals.
Jmo.

I understand questioning CM’s off the cuff remarks. It is an approved source and there are many MSM sources that I don’t place too much stock in. The Daily Mail, The Sun and even some we’ve come to rely heavily on. With that, I think wondering out loud in this community with any and all information we find is a viable way of sussing it out.

Personally, until the AA is released I try and double back to verify everything.

I think 99% here would agree? We have ideas, but all waiting to verify our speculations and MOOs.

As with so many reports these days, folks at WS are very discerning for the most part to separate the wheat from the chaff more than the "normal layperson" MOO

The short rifle thing is really eating at me.

The whole purpose of them, was to trim the barrel down for concealment purposes.
They're NOT used in hunting (by normal hunters, anyway) and they're not accurate for long range shots. (this is all according to MK's guest today, Pete Gagliardi, retired senior agent - ATF)

So what does that leave?
A collector's item?
Inherited?
Used for purely intimidation tactics?
Was this one of those mid-life crisis purchases like a sports car?

Thoughts?

I understand questioning CM’s off the cuff remarks. It is an approved source and there are many MSM sources that I don’t place too much stock in. The Daily Mail, The Sun and even some we’ve come to rely heavily on. With that, I think wondering out loud in this community with any and all information we find is a viable way of sussing it out.

Personally, until the AA is released I try and double back to verify everything.
I'd like to see less spin and more facts and truth.

jmo
Exactly. Or female DAs. Thank you.

The short rifle thing is really eating at me.

The whole purpose of them, was to trim the barrel down for concealment purposes.
They're NOT used in hunting (by normal hunters, anyway) and they're not accurate for long range shots. (this is all according to MK's guest today, Pete Gagliardi, retired senior agent - ATF)

So what does that leave?
A collector's item?
Inherited?
Used for purely intimidation tactics?
Was this one of those mid-life crisis purchases like a sports car?

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, what comes to my mind per the gun is Andy saying that he thought Suzanne had been "abducted" and "murdered." And that always made me feel like maybe Barry stalked Suzanne the night he murdered her. So it might not have been used for hunting, except in the case of his wife. Makes me sick to type. I think he walked up to her with a hidden weapon (the gun), whether inside or outside the house, and he shot her, before she knew what was coming.

Gotta admit, the charges about the ballot are delicious.

On a serious note, they also show a disregard for both his wife as her own person to vote in her own way and a disregard for following the rules. Most of us don't cheat with ballots because it goes against our sense of right and wrong -we value our intgrity to do the honest thing. He has different values, imo.

jmo

That one hit me personally. Family member was literally on death bed. And this family member wanted to vote. The spouse took it in.. and it was signed by her. They said she could not do. So family member took back to person who signed an X. And they did the proper paperwork. Many were WTF!!! this person wants to do such within 72 hours of dying... but those that knew this family member and the spouse who finally got it done correctly... KUDOS.

If it were not my family member, I could not fathom someone doing such.... but knowing this one... yep... it was done. (have no idea if legal as when he voted he was alive, and when counted, he had passed)

Unfortue had been "abducted" and "murdered." nately, what comes to my mind per the gun is Andy saying that he thought SuzannAnd that always made me feel like maybe Barry stalked Suzanne the night he murdered her. So it might not have been used for hunting, except in the case of his wife. Makes me sick to type. I think he walked up to her with a hidden weapon (the gun), whether inside or outside the house, and he shot her, before she knew what was coming.
BBM: It made me think she was abducted on her bike! Women are abducted jogging, why not biking?! Remote road, suspicious car reported, many campsites nearby, workers, etc.

Good to see that Lauren Scharf is back on the case. Remember when she abruptly and inexplicably stopped reporting before the volunteer search got underway? And how baffled we were by her absence? Now that BM is behind bars, she's back.

I wonder if she was covertly or overtly threatened? Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member