Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. I know this isn't how it works, but I feel like we got a gift from Ms Stanley. It's like she's saying she's sorry she can't release the AA yet, but not to worry, here's a taste of what's coming for BM!
I'm devastated but giddy at the same time! Tictoc BM!

I only hope. If i only hear bail bond, i get straight anxiety. Jmo

It has to be related to the home sale. It’s too coincidental with how the dates line up for it not to be.

I wonder if more information and evidence about the case was found after the second PP search warrant but LE didn’t have enough for a judge to grant a 3rd search warrant. However, maybe the new owners consented to a search right after they closed on the home and LE went right to what the needed to find on that property on March 4th.

My first thought was that possibly on the day of closing he had a Jethro type trailer move and something was removed from the house that LE had previously identified as possible evidence.

Also thought that something could have been taken from PP house at closing and not show up at the condo. Or did show up at the condo in a weird shrine type of setting.

I wonder if any provisions were in the contract of the sale of the PP house.

I also wonder if their were any abnormalities from the final walk thru prior to closing and the first walk thru of the new owners after closing.

All this in my opinion, but I am hopeful their is going to be plethora of charges against BM. Personally hopeful they are not related to the murder charge, It's my understanding if they are not, the sentences will not run concurrently.

Doesn't that just mean that all 3 attorneys have signed to acknowledge that they agree that Eytan and Nielsen are taking over?

this is a taste of what BM target Jurors will be. WOMEN. These two female attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for taking on this killer of Suzanne and being a 2x cancer survivor. This really bothers me. Chris Watts now has competition as the most hated man in America.

this is a taste of what BM target Jurors will be. WOMEN. These two attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for taking on this killer of Suzanne and being a 2x cancer survivor. This really bothers me

It bothers me as well. I wonder if this attorney selection could be a major mistake for BM. As things progress these attorneys may realize the evil that has transpired and what or who they are actually representing and ask to be dismissed from the case. I doubt they have gotten the whole story from BM.

this is a taste of what BM target Jurors will be. WOMEN. These two female attorneys should be ashamed of themselves for taking on this killer of Suzanne and being a 2x cancer survivor. This really bothers me. Chris Watts now has competition as the most hated man in America.
I don't disagree with anything you said.

But I always want the defendant to have the best representation possible. A poor lawyer could result in a reversal of conviction or a new trial. That's painful for the victim's family. Bottom line- I'm confident in the investigators, Linda Stanley, and potential jurors. Barry Morphew won't ever hunt again in his lifetime, IMO.

I fell asleep last night thinking about how successful and sharp Barry’s new lawyers are, I’m surprised I didn’t have nightmares :rolleyes:

given their history and aggressive defensive stance and given his inability to tell the truth, I really don’t think he will plea. I hope to god there are no holes or gaps in the evidence somewhere for them to establish a speck of doubt for even one juror. One sympathetic, less than critical moron who believes he *could be* innocent. That’s all it takes and it’s freaking me out.

I don’t see him having used the short rifle to kill her.. seems like the messiest, and given his taste for true crime I feel like he would know how much evidence that would leave behind.
I think the noise from the shot is inconsequential though, no close neighbors, tons of trees to muffle any sounds, especially indoors. I don’t think anyone batted an eye if he did indeed shoot her :(
MOO

Barry fumbles his words frequently in Lauren's sound bites :)
Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado
  • I'm not going on camera, I'm NOT going on camera, I won't do it.
  • I'm devastated she is gone, I am devastated.
  • It has crushed me that I cannot find her and don't know what happened to her.
  • I understand, I understand, that the FBI has to look at me because of the statistics and the percentages and I have put up with that from them, I have done it.
  • She's gone, that's why I think she was (word fumble) abducted.
  • If she's gone and I can't find her around the house, then someone's taken her.
  • My wife is probably the most beautiful woman in this county, and any bad guy would do that if they had the opportunity.
  • How do we know someone didn't hit her on her bike and kill her and was on drugs or alcohol and freaked out and vanished and took her.
  • How do we know anything because all the evidence right there is gone Lauren.
What does it mean when someone repeatedly repeats words o_O

Regarding the sale of the PP house; if someone lent money to Barry and held a Note (Borrower's promise to pay and the terms) and unrecorded Deed of Trust (secures the note), they would have to be a big risk taker. The reason the D/T is recorded is so that it is "of record" and priority is everything. If Barry subsequently borrowed against the house with yet another lender, who recorded a Deed of Trust but the first lender never did, the second lender is in first place. If the first lender subsequently records the D/T he has been holding, he is in second place. Technically a dishonest person could sell the property without telling the person holding the unrecorded D/T and by not disclosing the debt at closing, despite signing the Statutory Warranty Deed wherein the seller represents among other things that they have the legal right to sell the property and that all encumbrances have been disclosed. There would be a lot of angry people looking to sue Barry when it came to light but you can't get blood from a turnip.

JMO

Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado
  • I understand, I understand, that the FBI has to look at me because of the statistics and the percentages and I have put up with that from them, I have done it.
  • If she's gone and I can't find her around the house, then someone's taken her.
  • My wife is probably the most beautiful woman in this county, and any bad guy would do that if they had the opportunity.
  • How do we know someone didn't hit her on her bike and kill her and was on drugs or alcohol and freaked out and vanished and took her.

That they're auditioning for a role on a soap opera?

"I swear, officer, I did NOT do this... I did not do this" - Ridge Carter - fictional character on any soap, notoriously known for repeating his lines, twice, the first time quite forcefully, the second time in a more of an exasperrated style. Classic overacting. Every time I used to hear this, a million years ago watching soaps, I always thought of the line from Shakespeare's Hamlet "thou doth protest too much".

Irony is, he actually confessed:

"... someone's taken her... any bad guy would do that if they had the opportunity... freaked out and vanished and took her... "

Yes Barry, now just tell LE where she is and give her girls, her family and your family some level of closure, and end this flipping charade.

But those cases are oranges, and BM's case is an apple. Remember, the DA handed over a USB with all the discovery. That's a lot of information. And it's going to be damning. There's going to be so much forensic evidence. So much. The cell phone data, the internet searches, the GPS info, the EVI, whatever physical evidence was recovered from the search warrants and the accounting. Oh, the forensic accounting, a literal treasure chest of evidence, I bet.
^^RSBBM
I believe the DA's office provided the AA to BM and his public defenders on a thumb drive but I don't believe they've handed over all the discovery at this time. I think the idea that the defense received all the discovery only a few days since his advisement was more misstatements by YT host. MOO

I'll bet BM's been trying to cover his *advertiser censored* in many ways for a year regarding SM's assumed death.
I'm surprised he didn't move out of the country once he sold the assets including the family home. I wonder what stopped him.
Perhaps his daughter's college graduation? (I believe WCU graduation was 5/8 and he was arrested 5/5).

^^RSBBM
I believe the DA's office provided the AA to BM and his public defenders on a thumb drive but I don't believe they've handed over all the discovery at this time. I think the idea that the defense received all the discovery only a few days since his advisement was more misstatements by YT host. MOO
I stand corrected! Of course it would be the AA and not discovery yet. Hopefully the discovery will be several thumb drives. ;)

I wonder if the attorney change will push back the release of the AA even farther.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

But I always want the defendant to have the best representation possible. A poor lawyer could result in a reversal of conviction or a new trial. That's painful for the victim's family. Bottom line- I'm confident in the investigators, Linda Stanley, and potential jurors. Barry Morphew won't ever hunt again in his lifetime, IMO.
Ive read books about jurors who have fallen in love with defendants by the end of trials and he is a nice looking man all cleaned up out of his stripes. Actually he doesn’t even look bad in his stripes. I hate this man for what he did to Suzanne but he is an attractive man. These jurors who become attracted to defendants are no different then the crazy women who send love letters, sexy photos, and marriage proposals to notorious high profile inmates. BM already has a female fan support base that YouTube channels have talked about. All it takes is ONE drooling, love struck juror for a hung jury. That worries me.
These Attorneys will ask for another extension to read the AA to look for loopholes they can use to cause RC. I’m quite sure they will ask for bail I will have a meltdown if he gets it, he’s a flight risk especially since he was all packed up to flee like Scott Peterson who actually changed his looks completely went blonde with a goatee and had his trunk full of survival tools and cash not too far from Mexico border in CA. Now my crazy state of CA who is freeing another 76,000 inmates is giving murderer Scott Peterson another trial due to Juror misconduct. The Judge already took away the DP sentence he got which CA no longer has due to Gov Newsom moratorium. I noticed one of the attorneys was from CA. Yuck

Wait, why should these two female attorney's (not sure why gender matters) be ashamed of themselves? The sixth amendment is a strong one. IMO

He’s really selling those points. He wants to be believed.

It seems likely (highly coincidental enough) that since this particular gun charge is included with the murder charges that this is the suspected murder weapon. If that is true, I doubt BM would sell an illegal fire arm that he used to murder his wife. Attempting to hide that weapon seems more likely.

I think many of us are confused and awaiting the AA to better understand the gun charges. In some states, the charges include if the murder was WITH a weapon as that increases the charges, but have no idea of with this state if it is specific/different charge.

At this time, I'm on the fence leaning to they do not have brain/tissue blow back on the gun to determine such. At this time, I"m over on the side of the fence that this charge is not DIRECTLY supported of being the cause of the murder. We indeed shall see.

My heart breaks for the two girls when the AA is released, and I do hope they have support and love and acceptance for their quandry with their extended family... which has been offered in previous MSM/accepted podcasts here at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298