Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a $15,000 loss rather than $10,000.

BM closed on the purchase of that lot on June 25, 2020 for $165,000 and he sold it back to the developer for $150,000 and that sale closed Feb 17, 2021. The developer relisted the lot within about a week and sold it late April for $175,000.
Thank you for correcting my statement regarding the sale of the Longhorn lot. I admire everyone who remembers the details better than myself! Kudos! Appears to be kind of a “fire sale” if he sold it back to the developer for a $15k loss, then the lot sold for more just a week later! WOW! What the heck was BM up to financially?

Last edited:
Thank you for correcting my statement regarding the sale of the Longhorn lot. I admire everyone who remembers the details better than myself! Kudos! Appears to be kind of a “fire sake” if he sold it back to the developer for a $15k loss, then the lot sold for more just a week later! WOW! What the heck was BM up to financially?
Didn't he gain about a hundred thousand from the sale of the Puma Path home? Maybe $15,000 was not a big deal to him.

Wondering the same. There was no mortgage on the home he recently sold, sold property, Suzanne’s vehicle and who knows what else.
Didn't he gain about a hundred thousand from the sale of the Puma Path home? Maybe $15,000 was not a big deal to him.
We can only verify what was recorded on government websites as far as sale of properties. What if he owed balloon payments to the person he bought property from (original owner carry back part of sales price). Owner carry may not show up on any records bc it’s a loan between two people. Unless we can see actual closing statements, there really is no way of knowing. Not all real estate transactions will appear on state or county govt websites, iirc. Been years since I was in real estate. MOO EBM typos

Last edited:
To me, that screams, "I need cash, fast." In addition to the guardianship, the quick listing of Puma Path, getting rid of the Range Rover. All his attempts to raise hard cash. I bet he spent a lot of the last year juggling money.
I'll take a gander it was financed. I highly doubt he put cash into that property. To me it screams of someone not wanting another monthly payment. I'll bet every vehicle that he has all have payments also. Something smells fishy to me. moo

This "out and about having a sandwich" is a total rumor - it has never been substantiated - just another part of Barry's narrative IMO that for some reason has come alive again !

Agree. He was seen in town alone according to MG. He asked JP to work in Denver on Mother's Day. According to Chris M, he bought a large amount of chlorine, and I'd bet he bought it on Saturday. What else did he do on Saturday? JMO

My interpretation of his statement about "just one person being saved" is that length of life is uncertain & death is coming for everyone so your soul needs to be saved - something he would have heard preached in the Baptist church, i.e., if you disappeared tomorrow, would your soul rest in heaven or hell from a theological standpoint. An evil thing for a murderer to say but in his twisted mind perhaps a way of thinking Suzanne was saved so she's in a better place. Of course, taking her life was playing God so he would be better off leaving that topic alone. Speaks to his sense of entitlement. MOO

What if that statement was referring to a threat made to Suzanne? Something like: While in a rage BM, possibly while physically fighting with her, she begs for her life and he says something like: You're gonna pay. I (BM) am either gonna kill you or kill the girls. From what we know of Suzanne's love for her daughters, she would 100% take the proverbial bullet. And sadly, that would make BMs statement very literal. MOOOOOOOO

Not sure if I'm making sense. If not, just ignore.

To me, that screams, "I need cash, fast." In addition to the guardianship, the quick listing of Puma Path, getting rid of the Range Rover. All his attempts to raise hard cash. I bet he spent a lot of the last year juggling money.
Just occurred to me. I think at least one of the developers in that Longhorn Ranch* project is a Salida dentist who includes cosmetic dentistry as part of his practice. So, maybe "on the books," the lot was sold for $150,000, but some now apparent veneers were thrown in as an "unrecorded favor" part of that deal.

*Per Articles of Incorporation on file with Colorado Sec of State for Longhorn Ranch Homeowner's Assoc, Inc. One of three initial voting members and incorporators.

Last edited:
But where has all that hard cash gone? He should have well over a million dollars stashed somewhere.

Entirely speculation but, recalling how the GimmeCash fund was changed, it makes me wonder if the cash that should be on hand, went into an account with someone else's name on it. Legally, I'd assume, it's no longer his money.

Unless it was for backpay for employees he already used for a job? I assume MG was a regular employee too.
I seriously doubt it.

“I said listen, ‘I need to do this job, I will pay you good money to come and help me,’” Barry said of Puckett. “I gave him a job and an opportunity.” - BM, ever the freaking humanitarian that he is, giving meth-heads and ex-cons good pay and opportunity. ‘That has nothing to do with Suzanne missing’; Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding disappearance of wife | FOX31 Denver

The PPP loan came through on the 2nd, and he had this convo in downtown Salida with JP on the 9th. I think we all know where the "good money" was coming from. Likely the same account he eventually paid MG with, right before he fired her for cooperating with the LE.

jmo

I don't think he will ever plead- that requires giving in, which is not one of abilities. He likely sees it as a strength, he will go down on his ship instead of asking for help, begging for forgiveness or telling the truth. In his mind, he's a winner, and winners don't give up. <modsnip>
He doesn't realize that with his choices, everyone including himself loses. He's a loser, and he will do anything he can to not come to terms with that fact. Denial and ignorance to the bitter end, he's too selfish and stubborn to do right by anyone at this point.
his poor daughters :(
all JMO
Re. the bold, I could see him taking a plea deal depending on how much evidence LE has against him and how well the investigation exploits the truth. Once BM realizes how well LE has him pegged with facts, time lines, witnesses, etc. and realizes that he is nailed then I could see him giving in knowing that there is no way out if nothing more than to spare the daughters and his family from an emotional trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper