Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, during AM's search there were three alerts or areas where dogs showed interest:
  • Near the riverfront on the East Salida job site.
  • At the base of what appears to be a newly planted young evergreen tree on Lot 4 in Phase 1 of Monarch River Estates.
  • On and/or near a dirt/rock pile on a lot in Longhorn Ranch development.
OK, thanks @Diddian for confirming.
I believe it was when CCSO didn't tape off and/or secure these areas where the alleged hits occurred that CM went sideways on CCSO -- more specifically on Sheriff Spezze which eventually lead to the parting of ways between CM and MK on Profiling Evil. MOO

Without the arrest affidavit, we truly have no idea what the investigators theorized here based on the evidence. I truly hope that CM is only speculating and not making statements of fact with nothing to back up these facts.
It’s the first time I have watched him since he left PE. He sounded very sure but that kind of speculation is scary and as you said, we haven’t seen the arrest affidavit. I just wondered if I missed something. His show was good and he didn’t appear to be sensationalizing.

Without the arrest affidavit, we truly have no idea what the investigators theorized here based on the evidence. I truly hope that CM is only speculating and not making statements of fact with nothing to back up these facts.
Agree 100%. I’m not going to read a heck of a lot into ‘statements’ made by anyone at this point who has not seen the AA. I allowed myself to get really worked up when AM was searching and a couple of dogs showed interest. That’s when a lot of bashing of LE took place by a few. I’m going to take a wait & see approach until the AA is released.

It’s the first time I have watched him since he left PE. He sounded very sure but that kind of speculation is scary and as you said, we haven’t seen the arrest affidavit. I just wondered if I missed something. His show was good and he didn’t appear to be sensationalizing.

When was the video aired? Do you have a link. I’d like to watch it. TIA.

BM surprised me by having the PD represent him during his first 2 advisements. He’s known he was ‘suspect’ in her disappearance, he even told LS he was being targeted. And 2 FBI agents had just “met” with him in April about the vote fraud. Why wouldn’t he have had a defense attorney on speed dial when he was arrested? I’ll tell you why, he thought he was still going to get away with her murder. Even after being arrested he was still thinking he could get out of this. But....after having a look-see at the AA, he got his butt on the phone to a defense lawyer. That AA is going to be damning. MOO

I heard, read or both somewhere that when a defense attorney takes on a client that they don’t even ask his/hers client if they are guilty but instead ask questions regarding the AA. Can anyone confirm this?
MOO believe they do not ask. But if the client tells them they are guilty they need to inform the court.
Any way that is my understanding of the defense attorneys responsibility.

Here is the link:
He said it "sounds" like Barry did "unimaginable" things to her body. I don't know how he could know that he dismembered her. He keeps mentioning Barry "skinning" animals, but that doesn't necessarily mean he mutilated the body. I don't know why he spends so much time speculating about this when he hasn't read the AA yet.

I am trying to find where it says the gun was found. Can you point me in that direction? Another poster said this too up thread.

I apologize for not responding @Williwllowwood26. The thread ended soon after my post, and I missed your reply.

It was conjecture on my part. I should have made my post clearer.

However, I do believe LE has possession of the gun, as the gun was either left at Puma Place when Barry moved, or he gave the gun to a friend when he moved.
That is why there is an actual end date given in the CC as to Barry's ownership. I don't think Barry was stupid enough to leave anything at PP. I'm guessing Barry gave the gun to someone who then turned it over to the sheriff's department. But either way, LE would have confiscated the gun.

I'll also add another data point to my previous points on why LE believes the gun is the murder weapon. The illegal gun charge is the fourth charge listed among the five charges contained in the charging complaint. The other four charges are, without doubt, linked to Suzzane's murder. I believe the gun charge would not be snuggled within the other charges if it didn't play any part in the alleged murder and cover up, otherwise it would be listed as the fifth and final charge, not the fourth.

All of this is only my opinion. It will be interesting, and terribly tragic, to see how this all plays out in the AA.

BM surprised me by having the PD represent him during his first 2 advisements. He’s known he was ‘suspect’ in her disappearance, he even told LS he was being targeted. And 2 FBI agents had just “met” with him in April about the vote fraud. Why wouldn’t he have had a defense attorney on speed dial when he was arrested? I’ll tell you why, he thought he was still going to get away with her murder. Even after being arrested he was still thinking he could get out of this. But....after having a look-see at the AA, he got his butt on the phone to a defense lawyer. That AA is going to be damning. MOO
Agree. Along with that, I imagine the PD was able to give him a pretty good idea of how much trouble he is in. MOO.

I honestly think he waited to hire the attorney's because he didn't want to pay high powered ones if it wasn't necessary. Once his PD read the AA to him I believe he thought, I just might have to use MY MONEY (right) to pay for a lawyer. I imagine he's pretty pissed at Suzanne for this. It totally screwed up plans in his warped simple mind. Those small town police couldn't possibly be as smart as the great BM. Wrong BM, so very wrong. JMO

I honestly think he waited to hire the attorney's because he didn't want to pay high powered ones if it wasn't necessary. Once his PD read the AA to him I believe he thought, I just might have to use MY MONEY (right) to pay for a lawyer. I imagine he's pretty pissed at Suzanne for this. It totally screwed up plans in his warped simple mind. Those small town police couldn't possibly be as smart as the great BM. Wrong BM, so very wrong. JMO

He may also have gone with a PD because he thought 'lawyering up' so early would look suspicious.

Your comment about him being angry with Suzanne totally resonates. I wonder if the judge had any inkling of such a sentiment when BM was told communications with his daughters had to remain 'civil'.

Why wouldn't they be 'civil'? I'm speculating that he's badmouthed SM to LE at the very least for causing HIM all these headaches. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done the same with his girls.

jmo, of course.

I've got to say, I simply never envisioned BM using a gun to kill SM, in spite of all the hunting talk.

Maybe I unconsciously started believing early on that there was a strong element of pre-meditation, not a sudden snap. It just seems like BM had other options.

I wonder if LE asked BM for a list of his firearms - and if any were missing. If BM failed to mention the SBR, whether or not it was legal, that would clearly raise alarm bells with his wife missing when it turned up later.

Re: places the dogs alerted but nothing was found. I'm speculating that SM's remains might have been moved around. That could leave a scent but no sign of excavation and no physical evidence.

Last edited:
I agree with you that those dates are very significant. I do wonder though, if BM would have left a weapon which might have been used to kill Suzanne on the pp property.
Just an idea: Perhaps he positioned something to hide in his beloved bobcat and took it with him all the time, back and forth across the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper