Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several of them attached to the garage.
4:20 has a good shot.
Definitely at least 2 satellites on the backside of garage roof! Great eye @Ontario Mom
Screenshots taken from linked video

Attachments

• 7C3B0DF6-EFFB-4191-86A5-5EB102985E1B.jpeg
    7C3B0DF6-EFFB-4191-86A5-5EB102985E1B.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 59
  • D8599331-C2B6-4967-9341-DF6C1B0A0BB1.jpeg
    D8599331-C2B6-4967-9341-DF6C1B0A0BB1.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 57
I agree with everything you've said. I so wish Suzanne had been able to get out sooner, but I think you're right, keeping the family unit together is often the goal. From what I'm reading, BM utilized coercive control in the relationship and I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the planning process of SM's demise when he planned the move to Colorado. He separated her from her family and her friends. JMO, I think the daughters have likely been gaslighted by him for years and my heart breaks for them.

JMO
Very well said @molly1255
My heart breaks for them, but I’m actually much sadder for Suzanne, to be honest. Horrific tragedy for her to be murdered. The world was better while she was in it. IMO Not so much BM. Divorce was too hard and costly for him, I guess. Wonder if we’ll ever know?

I have a hard time believing that PP didn’t have WiFi. I can understand no landline, as well as extremely poor cell reception. But no active internet service would shock me.
Just my 2 cents: Places with high winds like CO, high elevation homes (also like CO) & other interference can cause losses of service & spotty service, especially in rural areas. I have no service at a relatives house on a country road in East Texas but can drive a mile or two & find a cell signal near there (so weird & annoying).

Just this year, there were outages in Chaffee County (see linked article).

FACT: Options for dependable WIFI service in rural America are pricy, undependable or nonexistent. I think this is going to be an evidence factor in this case re: isolation.

Wind-caused Internet Outages Continue across a Swath of Chaffee County - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Definitely at least 2 satellites on the backside of garage roof! Great eye @Ontario Mom
Screenshots taken from linked video
Do those satellite discs cover cable, internet, cell phone, data, etc?

I'd be curious to know if they were connected to any outside/cloudlike source and if that communication had been disconnected by BM previous to SM's murder.

You're right, There are several satellite disc's in view.

Just asking a few questions about satellite communication discs. Are they cable, internet and cell phones or some combinations?

In other words, what type of regular communications did SM have access to?

From my own experience, the small disc on a pole (to the far right and pointing back to the house) might be wifi service. My old one looked similar to that, except mine was a small disc on a tripod.
Then the lamppost looking thing in the pic (top left) might have a wifi signal repeater on it. I notice that there are three of those lamppost things around the house. The one in the pic, one on the far side of the driveway, and one at the far side of the house.
The repeaters woud take clear signal to other parts of a large house like that (if the posts have repeaters on them, which they look like they might).

xx2.JPG

One thing about home wifi like that is that everyone who uses it must have the password to the wifi. So you save the password on each of your devices.
When my young nephews come to my house, their mum says not to give them the password - otherwise they will spend their whole time here on their phones.
That is a way that Suzanne might have had her wifi time limited (if she didn't have the password, but BM had to enter it on her device for her each time, or if he changed the password whenever he felt like changing it. You can change the password from anywhere that you can access your account on the wifi provider's website).

Just my 2 cents: Places with high winds like CO, high elevation homes (also like CO) & other interference can cause losses of service & spotty service, especially in rural areas. I have no service at a relatives house on a country road in East Texas but can drive a mile or two & find a cell signal near there (so weird & annoying). Just this year, there were outages in Chaffee County see linked article).

FACT: Options for dependable WIFI service in rural America are pricy, undependable or nonexistent. I think this is going to be an evidence factor in this case re: isolation.

Wind-caused Internet Outages Continue across a Swath of Chaffee County - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Good info.

Just to be clear, cell service and home internet service are two separate things as it relates to PP.

I would not be surprised if they had terrible cell service.

I would be surprised if a $1.6M home in a nice community that was listed as having high speed internet service available, did not have active internet service when the M’s lived there.

If you have home internet/WiFi and WhatsApp, you can text all you want. And I think WhatsApp or something similar was listed by CCSO in one of their releases.

I'd be curious to know if they were connected to any outside/cloudlike source and if that communication had been disconnected by BM previous to SM's murder.
Just because they are on the home, doesn't mean they are providing service. Maybe the previous owner used them? How many satellite dishes for TV are at homes in rural areas - having one doesn't mean service is operational. Of course, they could have had excellent satellite service for internet. I'm betting not.

Many of you are using the term "wi-fi" to mean "internet access." I can run our house wifi off my. cell phone - but by itself, it needs a connection to the internet. I have two options (my cellular and ATT via landline). We used to have satellite.

Anyway, it's very clear now from the above pictures that the Morphews clearly had satellites which must surely have been operating in order for anyone to make or receive calls, texts or use facebook. Wifi by itself merely links items in your own network - but does not actually connect with some sort of service provider to the internet.

So, my next question is what do people think about whether private satellite carriers would have the same records of in/outgoing calls/texts as a cellular service or a service like ATT?

You can also text all you want on FB Messenger, using wifi. Which is what I do.

But you must be hooked up to the internet somehow. We have wifi networks all over campus that only link printers to computers - none of it goes to the internet for security reasons.

Then, we have wifi that's on a T1 connection (direct connection to the local internet infrastructure shared by several utilities).

In my area, I can have "over the lines" (literally a cable coming down from a pole, which is what I have), cellular (which needs a cell tower nearby - that's not so good where I live) or satellite (which we had for a long time and worked well, but was ultimately too slow for me to teach from).

So, my wifi can stay up and link my phone to my watch or my computer to my phone - but without my connection to ATT (for which I pay 60US a month), I just have my own local wifi - I can only message my husband and the dogs, ha.

You must have a connection to the world wide web, somehow. It can be direct (not wifi) or through wifi, but wifi itself is not an ISP.

Last edited:

They could definitely do that through a satellite uplink (and there are some satellite phones that do not require a saucer on your house, btw - I know several people with them). Many wilderness hikers and researchers carry them. They used to be clunky, now they are sleek but most need a clear shot at the sky and most use more than one satellite to get that. This sort of service does not "go out" if there's a cellular outage.

It isn't cellular. It doesn't use cell towers is my point.

But yes, it's sort of expensive. Family members of mine who have it only activate their service when they think they're going to need it. Other people actually use it as a direct method of communication (well paid journalists and stockbrokers, for example).

But you must be hooked up to the internet somehow. We have wifi networks all over campus that only link printers to computers - none of it goes to the internet for security reasons.

There is local wifi ... which just puts wifi through your house or campus/wherever, and allows devices to share a connection.

Then there is provider/carrier wifi (which is what I have) which provides internet via wifi. The little disc on the garage roof looks like provider/carrier wifi to me.

So I have my wifi with Vodafone. And I have my phone cellular service with Telstra (our version of AT&T).
They are totally separate services.

I agree that the provider (Vodafone in my case) has to have internet enabled on the wifi service. But I think most/all of them do, because that is the point of having their wifi service.

Last edited:
For added info, there is a section in the PE storymaps about Cellular Tracking - which speaks of the wireless connection in the area.
I haven't linked it because it isn't stated to be an approved source (although it could be, as it is PE).

The section also gives the placement of the towers in the area.
I think Fox21's LS was probably the first MSM source to confirm the lack of cell service at PP. She described how she had to climb elevation (drive closer to Monarch) to obtain a cell signal near the Morphew home. I'm sure this is linked in earlier threads so I'll post as MOO.

I think Fox21's LS was probably the first MSM source to confirm the lack of cell service at PP. She described how she had to climb elevation (drive closer to Monarch) to obtain a cell signal near the Morphew home. I'm sure this is linked in earlier threads so I'll post as MOO.

No worries. I am not disputing the dicey cell service at all. Mine can be dicey, as I live in the hills.
But my wifi/internet (with a different provider) is strong.

I have just been trying to explain how the wifi/internet service could be strong at that house. And how you can message people using that service (if you have access to it via the password).

Last edited:

Good question. One is probably internet and I would guess they had internet. We have pretty OK internet, hit or miss cell and there is no cable service exists. We rely heavily on FB Messenger phone conversations. Texts sometimes come in 2-3 days later much to my surprise. Hit or miss is a really accurate way to describe rural areas with topological challenges.

No worries. I am not disputing the dicey cell service at all. Mine can be dicey, as I live in the hills.
But my wifi/internet (with a different provider) is strong.

I have just been trying to explain how the wifi/internet service could be strong at that house. And how you can message people using that service (if you have access to it via the password).
I think this was the same for PP: poor cell signal but strong internet/wifi and they functioned just fine using their iPhones and Facebook messenger to communicate. I can't imagine two young women settling for anything less. There'd certainly be a mutiny in that house without strong wifi! ;)

I was curious to know if BM's arrest affidavit was available to read yet and came across this article, (which has definitely been shared and discussed previously)- but wanted to refresh us on the part where it says his arrest affidavit should be unsealed in two days- this Thursday, May 27th. (Unless his defence is allowed to keep it sealed it for another two weeks?)

I'm waiting impatiently to see everything investigators laid out to finally charge him without first finding Suzanne. They must have a lot of evidence. MOO.

b53d5f2279739cc3ffa531d415f00aaa-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

There used to be a better picture of this, I think it was in the original for sale photo's before Suzanne bought the house.

Anyway the white box on the right side of the desk had a lot of cables, and there may have even been another device beside it. Then we have the black box sitting on the drawer to the left. Are those internet & cable?

Also wanted to mention, Lauren said early, early, on that she had no cell service at the house. She had to go down by the road to get a signal. It was in the news cast where the LE vehicle was blocking the road leading up to the house.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents: Places with high winds like CO, high elevation homes (also like CO) & other interference can cause losses of service & spotty service, especially in rural areas. I have no service at a relatives house on a country road in East Texas but can drive a mile or two & find a cell signal near there (so weird & annoying).

Just this year, there were outages in Chaffee County (see linked article).

Thanks for this link which lead me to Chaffee County Economic Development office where it's confirmed that Chaffee County and the neighboring mountain communities operate on Broadband infrastructure for fixed internet connections.

Infrastructure | Chaffee County Economic Development Corporation
Our Story | Colorado Central Telecom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members