Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fox21's LS was probably the first MSM source to confirm the lack of cell service at PP. She described how she had to climb elevation (drive closer to Monarch) to obtain a cell signal near the Morphew home. I'm sure this is linked in earlier threads so I'll post as MOO.
Could be her cell provider just didn't work well up there.

I feel like it has become a little confusing. I, like @Seattle1, wanted to clarify a few things:

1. Internet is not cable or wifi. It is a connection to the internet for the home offered by a variety of providers.
2. Cable is specific to television and channels. Some cable companies offer bundles to include cable AND internet.
3. Wifi is a network you set up to wirelessly to allow internet connection to your devices throughout your home/business.
4. Cell service is the provider that offers your cell coverage for your phone. Not related to the items above. However, some cell providers do offer packages for your home.
5. Landline is phone service to the home for the phone.

These can be offered mutually exclusively or all from one company. Each however, is a service in and of itself.

I was curious to know if BM's arrest affidavit was available to read yet and came across this article, (which has definitely been shared and discussed previously)- but wanted to refresh us on the part where it says his arrest affidavit should be unsealed in two days- this Thursday, May 27th. (Unless his defence is allowed to keep it sealed it for another two weeks?)

I'm waiting impatiently to see everything investigators laid out to finally charge him without first finding Suzanne. They must have a lot of evidence. MOO.
I have a feeling that they will ask for more time, unfortunately.
Remember, the court granted that motion on May 14. Then on May 17 there was a substitution of counsel filed where the Colorado State Public Defenders office withdrew and BM’s private attorneys took over his case.
The 2 newest charges were filed the following day on May 18.
Hope I’m wrong but it won’t surprise me if they say they need more time.
JMO

I don’t think they had that much of an issue with cell service. When we visited the area for vacation a few years ago, and literally drove by their neighborhood on Hwy 50, we had cell service almost all the way up to the top of Monarch Pass. Like up the tram almost to the very top because my kids were snap chatting and it worked fine, except once we were out standing on the top platform it was glitchy. We have Verizon.

Very well said @molly1255
My heart breaks for them, but I’m actually much sadder for Suzanne, to be honest. Horrific tragedy for her to be murdered. The world was better while she was in it. IMO Not so much BM. Divorce was too hard and costly for him, I guess. Wonder if we’ll ever know?

I agree the world was better while Suzanne was in it. It's very sad that it is often the women who are the most beautiful on the inside - loving, nurturing, giving and forgiving, who are often the ones who end up meeting this horrible fate. Their wonderful qualities seem to work against them in terms of being able to get out before it is too late.

JMO, if there is a trial, I think we will learn much more than if he ends up trying to negotiate a plea. I'm very curious to see how this goes because there may be some damning evidence he does not want to have come out in open court, being presented every day likely for weeks in front of his daughters.

JMO

I used to live 45 miles from the PP home and had satellite tv, which worked fine, but had satellite internet and it was the worst. My cell service was also pretty horrible. One of the worst days of my life was getting a call from Africa that my best friend had passed but couldn’t really even hear or communicate what had happened. Anyway from the different reports I have a feeling that the PP has a similar issue, that outside communication is hard and unreliable but to many people the trade off to live in such a beautiful place is worth it. MOO

No worries. I am not disputing the dicey cell service at all. Mine can be dicey, as I live in the hills.
But my wifi/internet (with a different provider) is strong.

I have just been trying to explain how the wifi/internet service could be strong at that house. And how you can message people using that service (if you have access to it via the password).
I live in a mountainous area and my cellphone service is not as good as my internet service. However, when we do lose the internet we can still use our cellphones to go online.

I think it's possible that their internet access improved from the time they moved in and the time of Suzanne's disappearance. In one of the pictures from the real estate listing, there was a picture of what looked like a box with a cable in the kitchen.

I wonder if their security system was connected to the internet. Maybe BM disconnected the WiFi and that's why the communication suddenly ceased between Suzanne and her friend and the cameras weren't working.

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne

How delightful of you to add the image of Barry's loaded truck and trailer as it was disorderly packed for the move from Indiana to Colorado!

When I get anxiety during the trial, I'll remember to take a look at that ridiculous heap and recall where the calamity began.

I hope the eyesore caused Suzanne to have a belly laugh at the time.

I live in a mountainous area and my cellphone service is not as good as my internet service. However, when we do lose the internet we can still use our cellphones to go online.

I think it's possible that their internet access improved from the time they moved in and the time of Suzanne's disappearance. In one of the pictures from the real estate listing, there was a picture of what looked like a box with a cable in the kitchen.

I wonder if their security system was connected to the internet. Maybe BM disconnected the WiFi and that's why the communication suddenly ceased between Suzanne and her friend and the cameras weren't working.

Is the reason I'm able to use my cell phone when the cables are down due to having what the service company calls "hotspots?" Our cables were blown down during a recent storm. Repairs took over a week yet I was able to use cellphone data in order to connect to the internet.

Barry probably did disconnect cell service so she couldn't call anyone for help. If he disconnected wifi, the carrier records would indicate that activity, right?

Is the reason I'm able to use my cell phone when the cables are down due to having what the service company calls "hotspots?" Our cables were blown down during a recent storm. Repairs took over a week yet I was able to use cellphone data in order to connect to the internet.

Barry probably did disconnect cell service so she couldn't call anyone for help. If he disconnected wifi, the carrier records would indicate that activity, right?
Well, I have enough data for my cellphone that I never run out. When the internet goes out, I have to switch my internet data on (if it's not already) to use it in the house. Even before I ever had WiFi or internet service I could go online with my cellphone. I have a teenager who uses her phone a lot when she's out of the house so at one point I had to increase the amount of data, or gigabytes we have.

I'm not sure what causes the internet to go out. Sometimes it happens in stormy weather and other times it doesn't seem windy or stormy at all. All I know is when ours is out, many of our neighbors are also out, so it's not the box, or modem.

I'm not sure if the carrier records would indicate it was disconnected, but they would at least know that there was no activity, or that there was a lapse of activity during a certain time period.

IMO

For cellular service, the provider will be able to see when the phone is on, on the network, off and off the network. They’ll also have a record of all calls and texts sent using their service. I believe this will be the metadata and not the content of the messages. Metadata being when and where the call/text was made and who it was sent to.

For home internet/WiFi, you’ll be able to see when a device is on or not on the network. Then for any app usage, the app provider will have all the metadata for activity. They may also have content but that is probably on a app provider basis on how that data is stored and accessed.

I have a feeling that they will ask for more time, unfortunately.
Remember, the court granted that motion on May 14. Then on May 17 there was a substitution of counsel filed where the Colorado State Public Defenders office withdrew and BM’s private attorneys took over his case.
The 2 newest charges were filed the following day on May 18.
Hope I’m wrong but it won’t surprise me if they say they need more time.
JMO
Agree, wouldn’t be surprised to see new defense attorneys ask for a delay in the release of the AA. But....it won’t change what’s IN the AA that BM doesn’t want the world seeing. I hope he’s sweating bullets (so to speak).
Good morning, BM. Any push-up contests happening today? #goodtimes
MOO

Agree, wouldn’t be surprised to see new defense attorneys ask for a delay in the release of the AA. But....it won’t change what’s IN the AA that BM doesn’t want the world seeing. I hope he’s sweating bullets (so to speak).
Good morning, BM. Any push-up contests happening today? #goodtimes
MOO
I can’t wait to watch BM in each web x hearing to see his body formation as his muscle mass shrinks and starts showing his wrinkled old no longer tanned skin and his blonde locks turn gray. The only thing getting bigger will be his belly from junk food there’s only so many burpees you can do. Lol

Just because they are on the home, doesn't mean they are providing service. Maybe the previous owner used them? How many satellite dishes for TV are at homes in rural areas - having one doesn't mean service is operational. Of course, they could have had excellent satellite service for internet. I'm betting not.

If those satellites do not provide service, IMO the only remaining way for either of them to be able to communicate from that house reliably would be for each to have a satellite phone.

Something has to connect Suzanne up with her friend and with her sister.

For anyone who might know, I'm just wondering about the WebEx option.
Following the prompts from here Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage to Judge Murphy's courtroom, does this mean anyone/the public can login and watch the proceedings live? It looks like it does, but I'm not sure. I've never followed a case this way so it's a little confusing.

Following the prompts from here Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage to Judge Murphy's courtroom, does this mean anyone/the public can login and watch the proceedings live? It looks like it does, but I'm not sure. I've never followed a case this way so it's a little confusing.
Yes, anyone can join but you cannot record it or broadcast it

I followed this link, downloaded the Webex app, signed in, and joined, and boom. I was in the courtroom. :eek:

Colorado Judicial Branch

I was curious to know if BM's arrest affidavit was available to read yet and came across this article, (which has definitely been shared and discussed previously)- but wanted to refresh us on the part where it says his arrest affidavit should be unsealed in two days- this Thursday, May 27th. (Unless his defence is allowed to keep it sealed it for another two weeks?)

I'm waiting impatiently to see everything investigators laid out to finally charge him without first finding Suzanne. They must have a lot of evidence. MOO.
Oh me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member