Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to turn it off after a few minutes of listening to the part where Suzanne was so sick from chemo (before her and Barry were married) and Barry was by her side the whole time, even carrying her from room to room when she was unable to walk. Melinda stating that not only Suzanne but also their mom, drawing strength from Barry's steadfast presence.

If this is all true (and I have no reason to believe it's not), that only makes it 1,000x times worse what he's done. Somehow, somewhere along the way, BM stopped caring the way he once did, and losing that care just made it so much easier to do what he ultimately did.

jmo
Suzanne had cancer before she and Barry were married?

Post #983
@PaulaDC & @steeltowngirl
"5254 llc? Can you explain please."
"I’m not sure what you are asking? Maybe the link didn’t work? It was to the Chaffee County Assessor, Puma Path house.

ETA. I now see which transaction that you are referring to."

I am cutting and pasting from a previous thread. I was just reading the public filings on PP and on 2/1/21 there was a transaction that I have questions about. Is this the well transfer?

Does anyone understand this transaction? 5254LLC?

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097
The 5254LLC manager and the Rev Trust Trustee are one and the same. Seems the additional filings required to correct the title. Very common in real estate. MOO

Thanks for who posted a link to Suzanne’s Twitter. I forgot about that.

I find this tweet particularly chilling knowing what happened to her.
https://twitter.com/srmorphew/status/728204932495585280

Suzanne

@srmorphew

Relax in the knowledge that the One who controls your life is totally trustworthy. #HappyNationalDayOfPrayer

2:49 PM · May 5, 2016·Twitter for iPhone

I know it’s a very old tweet(2016) and I know she did not meant Barry but “The One”. I’m also not trying to start a religious discussion as I’m spiritual myself and I too believe everything happens for a reason and that she is in better place now.
But I still get goosebumps while reading it.

#JusticeForSuzanne

Me too and surprised there were no satellite discs on the house.

Here is a drone flyover 5/22/2020.

JMO, MOO

Next to the garage there is what looks like sand/soil? and a tank - I wonder how well that area was searched initially/if at all - there appears to be disturbance as there is sand/soil on the slabs in front of the garage doors.

Suzanne

@srmorphew

Relax in the knowledge that the One who controls your life is totally trustworthy. #HappyNationalDayOfPrayer

I know it’s a very old tweet(2016) and I know she did not meant Barry but “The One”. I’m also not trying to start a religious discussion as I’m spiritual myself and I too believe everything happens for a reason and that she is in better place now.

#JusticeForSuzanne

(date BBM)
...interesting that she posted it
on 05/05/2016 --
Exactly five (5) years to the day before
her husband was arrested for her murder.

So, three more 5s for the number 5 tally...

And ever more heavy on the heart. :(

While I agree with most everything you post @Ontario Mom, today I find the exception. I am of the opinion BM never cared for anyone except himself. Doting on his wife while he had an audience was for attaboys. Having two beautiful girls made him look more macho and accomplished.

You see, everything in this world, in BM's mind was to serve him and his needs. He learned what to do to appear compassionate and empathetic but I don't think he's ever felt that, truly.

I would venture to say the closest he's ever felt to remorse or empathy is his anger for being caught. I believe he will spin this to be she fell or something of the sort and he was trying to cover for her and preserve her reputation for the girls.

It's hard for us "normal" peeps to even comprehend it, but every time I make an argument like yours for something, I stop in my tracks and think "only if he really cared for anyone other than himself".

MOO IMO

I guess it's easier to believe he's always been a self-centered creep, than to believe he could have once been a decent person that just changed over the years. It's only because I have known a few people over the years who have actually changed so drastically from who they were when they were younger (both for the better and for worse), that I know this is possible. To me, if he was genuinely that caring before (as described) it just makes it all the more heartbreaking that his moral compass would swing so far the wrong direction later in life.

Either way, I do believe justice is coming for Suzanne.

jmo

I have no idea if MM is reading here, but i really want to say something.

Thank you. Thank you for your insight in the life of Suzanne and overall the Moorman family. You really became a rolemodel for me in terms of forgiveness and alot more.

And all this, in one of the darkest time of your life. Biggest hug.

I guess it's easier to believe he's always been a self-centered creep, than to believe he could have once been a decent person that just changed over the years. It's only because I have known a few people over the years who have actually changed so drastically from who they were when they were younger (both for the better and for worse), that I know this is possible. To me, if he was genuinely that caring before (as described) it just makes it all the more heartbreaking that his moral compass would swing so far the wrong direction later in life.

Either way, I do believe justice is coming for Suzanne.

jmo

One thing that I always consider is that Suzanne fell in love with him. And she wasn't a stupid person. There had to have been some redeeming qualities that she and his friends really liked.
He has daughters that love him, friends that like/d him, family that likely love him, a wife who fell in love with him.

What he has done is not anywhere near acceptable or understandable. And I really can't abide these spouses that murder as a greedy alternative to divorce, and partners who frighten and control.
But I think the law will speak for that and he will spend the rest of his days behind bars ... where he should be.

Thank you @Error505 !! Dumb question... how do you find the "meeting" in Webex? I tried searching stuff but came up with no results.
Not a dumb question. I apologize, I should have included link when I answered your post. Not enough coffee yet....
You should be able to click on this link and sign in ⬇️
Colorado Judicial Branch

I tried to sign in but i get my account has no permission to that webex site.

Oh, Wow! We’ll get you fixed before it starts this afternoon
Calling on Techies!!
I’m not sure what issue you’re running into. When I click on the link, this page comes up:
“Judge Murphy Virtual Courtroom” with a link to
“join meeting”

I clicked on “join meeting” then asked if I want to open app. (I’m on an iPad) I open in app and I’m in. Nothing is happening right now in the virtual courtroom, screen is empty. I’m given the option of letting the ‘court” know I’m there.
Just waiting for 4:00 mountain time now
MOO
EBM to add I sent you a message with screenshots of steps I went through to sign in

Wow, I have such a better understanding of Suzanne, her life and her marriage after listening to Melinda speak in this episode. Barry Morphew is just what I envisoned him to be. I also have a better understanding of the girls and what they may be going through. I believe with every fiber of my being Suzanne will receive justice. Then Barry is going to crumble, perhaps after he is sentenced and in prison. I have an idea what that will look like but I'll refrain from putting it in words. Listen if you have a chance, Melinda is honest and eloquent.

I too was extremely impressed with Melinda. She shined through I thought. I'm so glad she did this interview with Chris to give balanced background. I was wanting her to be my sister by the middle of the interview! She had so much of... grace, eloquence etc., and her reflections and laughing of shared times with Suzanne.... just made my heart swell that she is able to do such and share it with us all.

Kudos.

MM stated Al-Anon was helping her sister deal with unresolved issues regarding their father - GM.
I listened to the CM interview with MM and am still unsure SM attended Al Anon because of her father. It was not stated directly that way, unless I missed it. MM said SM had forgiveness issues with her father. She also said SM found value in the meetings. But I was still left wondering if there was a nexus to those statements or if it referred to someone else or something else in her past. There is more to learn about her family dynamic - CM referred to her as the "peacemaker" in her family. If that's true, it can be a heavy burden on a child experiencing conflict at home. SM sounded like someone who learned to keep the peace by keeping secrets from what MM shared. Their family was well known in that small town. SM was basically an only child before or at the time she entered school and apparently her parent's marriage was troubled when she was born (MM believed so) then they divorced after 40+ years of marriage in the 1980s with both parents remarrying in the early 1990s. I must say the money situation with their move confuses me. They could not afford their home in CO even with $500,000+ inheritance invested? An unsecured loan from her father created family conflict, further isolating SM when she was far away from where she had bonds in her life. So tragic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suzanne

@srmorphew

#JusticeForSuzanne
Thanks for this.
The tweet on Aug. 5th, 2014 is particularly poignant and heartbreaking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads