Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we can reference the YouTube of Karen/Chris which I'm listening to live right now (45 minutes behind though)... Suzanne's sister is saying that when they moved to CO, SM's dad loaned them 100k (w/o putting it in writing). But house in IN wasn't selling and they weren't paying on it. Suzanne's father asked Barry to then put in writing... Barry said "don't you trust me".... "talk to Suzanne, she's the one who borrowed it from you".

ETA: They did repay the loan eventually

Last edited:
I believe we can reference the YouTube of Karen/Chris which I'm listening to live right now (45 minutes behind though)... Suzanne's sister is saying that when they moved to CO, SM's dad loaned them 100k (w/o putting it in writing). But house in IN wasn't selling and they weren't paying on it. Suzanne's father asked Barry to then put in writing... Barry said "don't you trust me".... "talk to Suzanne, she's the one who borrowed it from you".

Oh my goodness! I haven’t yet watched but will tonight.
I signed up for the court thingy tomorrow. Was easy peasy and trust me if I can do it alone anyone can!

With a heavy sigh....after listening tonight I can only think back to the beginning and I recall thinking and possibly posting that with Covid around and lockdown how hard it would be if your partner was having an affair to be locked up with your spouse. Texting and or calling would be quite difficult. That would have been a very trying time for many. How sad. moo

Just because they are on the home, doesn't mean they are providing service. Maybe the previous owner used them? How many satellite dishes for TV are at homes in rural areas - having one doesn't mean service is operational. Of course, they could have had excellent satellite service for internet. I'm betting not.
Yes, this^^
We have a total of 3 satellite dishes - 2 on the roof and one on a pole in the backyard and only 1 of the 3 dishes is in use because that 1 is our current satellite TV provider. The other one on the roof was our previous satellite TV provider. The dish on the pole in the backyard was our satellite internet provider because that was the only option in our rural area for internet. But then finally cable was available which we have now, so therefore that dish in the backyard isn't being utilized now either.
All of this to say that yes, I agree with you - just because there's satellite dishes doesn't mean any of them are being used. JMO

Oldies have seen this a lot, but maybe new posters have not.

I make Case Archives for cases on request. I save everything I can find, more or less.

Suzanne Morphew Main Case Archive is from the beginning to the arrest.
From now on, all that is nothing to do with BM will be added here. (funeral, remembrances, etc)
Suzanne Morphew -CO-

JUSTICE for Suzanne sub-section is all about what happens to bring BM to prison for life. (imo)
JUSTICE for Suzanne
Thanks, AR !

I was going to ask, as I've not seen it yet.... did Barry have an online or local newspaper presence for advertising his business ?

With a heavy sigh....after listening tonight I can only think back to the beginning and I recall thinking and possibly posting that with Covid around and lockdown how hard it would be if your partner was having an affair to be locked up with your spouse. Texting and or calling would be quite difficult. That would have been a very trying time for many. How sad. moo
Agreed!
It may have been hard for couples who are in a healthy relationship.
I cringe to think about Barry and if his possible control and/or paranoia issues increased ?
He seems to have a overly jealous and imo had a temper.
Dangerous combination.
Imo.

I had to turn it off after a few minutes of listening to the part where Suzanne was so sick from chemo (before her and Barry were married) and Barry was by her side the whole time, even carrying her from room to room when she was unable to walk. Melinda stating that not only Suzanne but also their mom, drawing strength from Barry's steadfast presence.

If this is all true (and I have no reason to believe it's not), that only makes it 1,000x times worse what he's done. Somehow, somewhere along the way, BM stopped caring the way he once did, and losing that care just made it so much easier to do what he ultimately did.

jmo

I had to turn it off after a few minutes of listening to the part where Suzanne was so sick from chemo (before her and Barry were married) and Barry was by her side the whole time, even carrying her from room to room when she was unable to walk. Melinda stating that not only Suzanne but also their mom, drawing strength from Barry's steadfast presence.

I believe this to be true, and that only makes it 1,000x times worse what he's done. Somehow, somewhere along the way, BM stopped caring the way he once did, and that just made it so much easier to do what he did.

jmo

While I agree with most everything you post @Ontario Mom, today I find the exception. I am of the opinion BM never cared for anyone except himself. Doting on his wife while he had an audience was for attaboys. Having two beautiful girls made him look more macho and accomplished.

You see, everything in this world, in BM's mind was to serve him and his needs. He learned what to do to appear compassionate and empathetic but I don't think he's ever felt that, truly.

I would venture to say the closest he's ever felt to remorse or empathy is his anger for being caught. I believe he will spin this to be she fell or something of the sort and he was trying to cover for her and preserve her reputation for the girls.

It's hard for us "normal" peeps to even comprehend it, but every time I make an argument like yours for something, I stop in my tracks and think "only if he really cared for anyone other than himself".

MOO IMO

Wow, I have such a better understanding of Suzanne, her life and her marriage after listening to Melinda speak in this episode. Barry Morphew is just what I envisoned him to be. I also have a better understanding of the girls and what they may be going through. I believe with every fiber of my being Suzanne will receive justice. Then Barry is going to crumble, perhaps after he is sentenced and in prison. I have an idea what that will look like but I'll refrain from putting it in words. Listen if you have a chance, Melinda is honest and eloquent.

IMPORTANT

May 27 2021 COURT HEARING RE ARREST AFFIDAVIT

At tomorrow’s hearing, the Court may rule that the Arrest Affidavit will:

1) be released in full without redaction

IF so, it may be posted and discussed in its entirety at Websleuths after the Court rules that it may be released.

2) be released with redactions

IF so, the redacted version may be posted and discussed with the following caveat:

You may not post or discuss any redacted information at Websleuths regardless of any source (including all WS approved podcasts or other sources). To do so is in violation of Colorado law and you may be held in Contempt of Court.

3) remain sealed

IF the AA remains under seal as Ordered by the Court:

You may not post any portion of the AA or discuss its contents in any fashion at Websleuths regardless of any source (including all WS approved podcasts or other sources). To do so is in violation of Colorado law and you may be held in Contempt of Court.

May 27 2021 WEBEX COURT HEARING

The WebEx hearing is not to be copied, duplicated or rebroadcast in any way, regardless of the source. To do so is in violation of Colorado law and you may be held in Contempt of Court.

Please make sure you understand the above important information. If you do not understand, please use the Report feature to let us know and we will try to clarify.

Wow, I have such a better understanding of Suzanne, her life and her marriage after listening to Melinda speak in this episode. Barry Morphew is just what I envisoned him to be. I also have a better understanding of the girls and what they may be going through. I believe with every fiber of my being Suzanne will receive justice. Then Barry is going to crumble, perhaps after he is sentenced and in prison. I have an idea what that will look like but I'll refrain from putting it in words. Listen if you have a chance, Melinda is honest and eloquent.
^^^^ This! Yes, totally agree, you penned it perfectly.

Post #983
@PaulaDC & @steeltowngirl
"5254 llc? Can you explain please."
"I’m not sure what you are asking? Maybe the link didn’t work? It was to the Chaffee County Assessor, Puma Path house.

ETA. I now see which transaction that you are referring to."

I am cutting and pasting from a previous thread. I was just reading the public filings on PP and on 2/1/21 there was a transaction that I have questions about. Is this the well transfer?

Does anyone understand this transaction? 5254LLC?

qPublic.net - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

Thursday, May 27th:
*Status Conference Hearing (Virtual) (both charges) (@ 4pm MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence a public servant. And additional charges (5/18/21) with tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. No bond.
Missing info & court info from 5/10/20 thru 9/1/20 reference post #26 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

5/5/21 Update: Barry Morphew was arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempt to influence public servant. Advisement hearing on 5/6/21 virtual.
5/6/21 Update: According to court documents, Morphew's public defenders are Magdalena Rosa & Daniel Zettler. Morphew's attorney tried to get the media banned from the hearing & they also asked if he could appear in plain clothes. Judge Patrick Murphy denied his requests. Judge read Morphew his rights & charges. Judge issued a “protection order” for the 2 daughters. The contact between BM & girls has to be “civil, no threats, etc.” Protective order: DA wanted, but that order was predicated on civility. Judge is not against contact with M & M. They can go visit him in jail. Will be a controlled visit. Judge admonished Morphew & told him if he was going to have this privilege, it had to be civil in nature, he cannot harass, argue or annoy or he will be charged with additional charges. Motion to seal the arrest warrant-granted. Defense received the probable cause affidavit on a thumb drive. Defense will file preliminary motions next time. Prosecution to turn over discovery to the defense by May 27. DA concerned he was flight risk: asset selling, recently bought vehicles, took his bobcat to Indiana & told several he was moving to Arizona. The judge held him without bail. Next status conference hearing on 5/27/21 @ 4pm. 5/6/21: State of CO: Order re: Public Release of Arrest Affidavit. The arrest affidavit will remain sealed until at least 5/13/21 giving the defense time to read it and/or object to its release. If they object the matter will be set for a hearing. 5/11/21: Order re: Entry of appearance, notice of election & request for proof evident presumption great hearing (D-1).
5/14/21: Order regarding Defense Motion to limit public access to court records already filed (Motion filed on 5/13/21). Until the Court resoles the Motion, the arrest affidavit, the Motion and any Response to the Motion are to remain inaccessible to the public. A party in opposition has until May 27 to file a response to the motion.
5/18/21 Update: Morphew is facing 2 new charges in connection with the alleged murder of his wife Suzanne. Prosecutors have added tampering with a deceased human body, a class 3 felony & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle), a class 5 felony, to the list of charges Barry is already facing in the case filed Tuesday. Tuesday’s filing lists & public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include 3 agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill & Derek Graham – 2 FBI agents, Jonathan Grusing & Kenneth Harris; Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown, could be patrol Sergeant with Lake County Sheriff. – was also listed in the court filing. Morphew dismisses his Public Defenders & hired private attorneys Dru Nielsen & Iris Eytan. 5/18/21: Amended complaint & information: Domestic violence was added.
5/24/21: Order re: expanded media requests & the recording/broadcasting of hearings filed/signed by Judge Patrick W. Murphy, Chief Judge, 11th Judicial District. Pursuant to Chapter 38, Rule 3 of the Colorado Supreme Court rules, "Notwithstanding an authorization to conduct expanded media cover of a proceeding, there shall be no expanded media coverage of pretrial hearings in criminal cases, except advisements & arraignments. The hearing 5/27/21 is neither an advisement nor an arraignment. Therefore, any requests for expanded media coverage of that hearing, or any other pretrial hearing except the arraignment, are summarily denied.

*Charged with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.
The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the Chaffee County Clerk of a report of alleged voter fraud. They had received an election voter ballot for a missing person, Suzanne Morphew, who had been missing since May 2020. The clerk provided the ballot to be photographed and taken as evidence. On the back of the ballot envelope, there was no signature next to the voter signature, but Barry Lee Morphew signed the witness’s signature. The offenses occurred between October 22, 2020 & May 13, 2021.
5/13/21 Update: Federal charges of voter fraud; advisement hearing on 5/14/21. 5/14/21 Update: Next virtual status conference hearing on 5/27/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia