Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skid Steer Attachment Plates and Adapter Plates | Skid Steer Solutions

SKID STEER ATTACHMENT PLATES AND ADAPTER SYSTEMS
At Skid Steer Solutions, we stock a deep selection of Skid Steer Attachment Plates and Adapter Systems, making sure that no matter your machine and attachment combination, we have a solution that will bring the two together. We also offer heavy duty weight plates for added downforce, the amazing Bradco Tilt Tach, as well as a number of blank weld-on plates and replacement couplers.

Well, we were all partially right. It is a plate and it relates to attachments.
BM could have been doing repairs with a welder at the DSI shop or 35 more guesses.

CM did verify the chlorine purchase with the store it was purchased from while he was in Salida @ the time of BM’s arrest. He mentions it in his podcast. @33,10
Yes, but I'm assuming he got the initial information from JP. LS was in regular communication with the PE guys around the time of the search so it's likely that she told him. Unless he just went around to every pool supply store in the area asking if they had sold Barry chloride. It was probably something he used regularly. He would not have needed a large amount just for cleanup so I think that's why MC is assuming he did horrible things to the body. Imo

Chlorine leaves its mark to be seen with luminol, just like blood.

A poster here mention the defense bringing up a consumptive DNA test. That aounfs hopeful.
Yes, I'm sure LE was able to tell if he used bleach or chlorine to clean up both the house and the hotel room, and probably his tools as well. If it was a bloody crime scene that information will be in the Affidavit. Imo

Barry was seen in the morning on 5/9 by MG, midday by JP and late afternoon by store owners.

I'd be curious to know how many wardrobe changes he had that day. And if he can account for any and all parts of his daywear.

Suzanne too. What was missing from HER closet?

Details, details -- criminals forget to think of everything.

JMO
Good point....add to this the question, which wardrobe was Barry wearing- hiking or biking apparel, during that window of time he was making the wife happy? And by the way.....at what point on Saturday was he at the house...and which neighbor saw him?

Considering the gravity of the case, I would think investigators will give the family the option of reviewing the evidence in the Affidavit before it's made public.

If the girls have been listening to and believing Barry all this time, I doubt they know all they need to know. They may know all they want to know, but they probably haven't learned all the facts yet. Imo
The girls do not need to be convinced of their father's guilt....and the jury does.

He probably got the information about the chlorine purchase from JP, and he seems to be basing the mutilation theory on the tampering charge. So it's certainly not evidence but it's one possibility. Another possibility is that BM buried the body without mutilating it at all. Or disposed of it in a body of water.

I don't think it would have been necessary to dismember the body in such a secluded area, especially if the security cameras weren't working. He could have loaded the body into the truck, contained in a large cooler or toolbox, without anybody seeing anything.
Imo
the storekeepers who sold Barry the chlorine are interesting. Is this the one and only chlorine purchase Barry has made? What purpose or excuse did he give them for buying it? Exactly what time was it when he was there...what was he wearing....anything else they noticed?

Hello, @jakat,

Your grammar is perfect! Please trust that's true.

I feel sad to read you're concerned about it.

Shine on!

Hi @Puzzles ... Thank you about my grammar. It's just terrible sometimes though.

I think about how the defense attorneys could walk circles around the prosecution, and how the judge would let them. I think I saw that the last time they were in court. I think about the inmate walking free after spending only 90 days in a cage, and that makes me sick. He needs to be in a prison behind a steel door for the rest of his life. Is it possible he can be bonded out at the end of August?

JMO

the storekeepers who sold Barry the chlorine are interesting. Is this the one and only chlorine purchase Barry has made? What purpose or excuse did he give them for buying it? Exactly what time was it when he was there...what was he wearing....anything else they noticed?
More important did he buy more than he normally did for their hot tub.

The first time I heard him speak in an interview was when he told LS, "I didn't do nothing wrong at the hotel." That's not how I would expect a college graduate to speak but I do believe he is knowledgeable about horticulture and landscaping. His success may have had more to do with his being extremely driven, as Andy described him, rather than intelligence.

It does take a certain amount of skill to be deceptive and manipulative but that didn't work out too well for him in the end. Voting for his deceased wife was not so smart. Blaming LE for botching the investigation, without ever thanking them for their efforts, was not so bright either. It just made him look guilty. Imo
"I didn't do nothing wrong "at the hotel"".....more parcing....look here but not there. Barry overplayed the hotel portion of the alibi.....how dumb can he be to share a room with JP...just to prove he was there? Maybe chlorine next door wouldn't have been detected?

Devils advocates are always welcome and appreciated, keeps things interesting IMO.

BM did say Suzanne would think 'this' was all worth it if just one person got saved didn't he? I'm not sure what religion BM follows, but I'm inclined to think it's the one that suits him best.

I also believe that any informed adult, especially dealing with Cancer for a 2nd time, should have the right to choose what treatment might or might not be in their own best interest.

MOO
"Suzanne would think its all worth it......Suzanne was going to vote for Trump anyways"......BM speaking for SM seems to have been a way of life for them.

More important did he buy more than he normally did for their hot tub.
off the beaten path.....but has anyone discussed a home security system in that house? For example....was there a period of time say, Friday through Sunday, where it was deactivated....while otherwise being activated...IOW, an aberration in the pattern of use? Security records would reveal anything out of the norm.

Do we know if the public will have access to the preliminary hearing as with the previous two court appearances? Will a media representative be in the courtroom tweeting away?

@Niner Thread 61, Page 43, Message 852
From my notes:
5/24/21: Order re: expanded media requests & the recording/broadcasting of hearings filed/signed by Judge Patrick W. Murphy, Chief Judge, 11th Judicial District. Pursuant to Chapter 38, Rule 3 of the Colorado Supreme Court rules, "Notwithstanding an authorization to conduct expanded media cover of a proceeding, there shall be no expanded media coverage of pretrial hearings in criminal cases, except advisements & arraignments. The hearing 5/27/21 is neither an advisement nor an arraignment. Therefore, any requests for expanded media coverage of that hearing, or any other pretrial hearing except the arraignment, are summarily denied.

Can you please explain what a consumptive DNA test is and how that is hopeful for the defense? Thank you.
I don't think the defense asking about it necessarily means investigators have such evidence. Consumptive DNA testing is when the sample is so small that it can only be tested once. I'm not sure what they asked, but they would want to have their own expert present during testing in case the sample was destroyed or incapable of further testing.

It's hopeful for the prosecution because it could mean they have a small fragment of physical material that proves Suzanne is deceased, such as a bone or tooth fragment. Imo

"I didn't do nothing wrong "at the hotel"".....more parcing....look here but not there. Barry overplayed the hotel portion of the alibi.....how dumb can he be to share a room with JP...just to prove he was there? Maybe chlorine next door wouldn't have been detected?
Yes, it does seem unlikely that he would use so much chlorine that it would sting the eyes, knowing someone would be there soon. I'm surprised Barry didn't pass out while he was in there.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member