Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think (posted links before from the Bobcat website) that the plate is the thing on the end of the bobcat arm that the various attachments attach to.

The buckets, smoothers, and other attachments attach to the plate, which is attached to the arm.

This way the attachments seem relatively easy to change, when a different attachment is required.
Thanks!

Maybe his attitude toward alternate methods of dealing with psychiatric issues and physical pain is very similar to Tom Cruise's belief system. Both these individuals are strict followers of their religions . Maybe not so much evidence of control, IMO, but a direct result of a belief system that felt psychiatric treatment including drugs was detrimental to the patient. Just playing devil's advocate here.
Devils advocates are always welcome and appreciated, keeps things interesting IMO.

BM did say Suzanne would think 'this' was all worth it if just one person got saved didn't he? I'm not sure what religion BM follows, but I'm inclined to think it's the one that suits him best.

I also believe that any informed adult, especially dealing with Cancer for a 2nd time, should have the right to choose what treatment might or might not be in their own best interest.

MOO

I did the same thing as you because you did it. I didn't see any improvements of any kind for the beach or the new house. I think I might have seen the garage where the concrete floor was dug up by LE, but I'm not sure. What I did see was the river had risen and was flooding somebody's yard.

I read here many, many months ago that as the snow melts, the river overflows its banks, and then during the Summer months it goes back to normal. That does make sense now.

Please excuse my poor grammar.

JMO
Hello, @jakat,

Your grammar is perfect! Please trust that's true.

I feel sad to read you're concerned about it.

Shine on!

Do we know if the public will have access to the preliminary hearing as with the previous two court appearances? Will a media representative be in the courtroom tweeting away?
Not sure if your questions were ever answered or not. CO state laws are very restrictive when it comes to media in the courtroom. Coverage will depend if the judge issues another EMC (Expanded Media Coverage) to allow media during the arraignment as he did for the advisement.
EMC Order For Advisement⬇️
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...1CR78/21CR78 Morphew Order Expanded Media.pdf
The arraignment qualifies for expanded media coverage. If COVID rules are still in place, I’m pretty sure we’ll see WebEx access again. After that it’ll probably be trial by tweet.
MOO

This attorney says that a Preliminary Hearing in Colorado must be held within 30 days of the initial court appearance.
I guess that the Defense must have waived the 30 days.

And if there is conflicting testimony at the Preliminary Hearing, the judge must accept the Prosecution's version.

This attorney also says that hearsay is admissible at a Preliminary Hearing in Colorado.

The article is written from the Defense Attorney perspective (30 years experience), so it's kinda interesting to read a bit about the tactics that may be employed .. as well as what tactics they should avoid.

The judge sets the preliminary hearing date at the initial appearance or arraignment – this must be set within 30 days unless the time “30” rule is waived by the defendant.
Failure to hold a timely preliminary hearing results in release of the defendant, but not in dismissal of the charges. If the defendant wants more time to prepare, waiving the 30 day rule will make sense.

If testimony conflicts or the magistrate can draw any of several inferences, the magistrate must accept the prosecution’s version.

The Rules of Evidence Apply But Are Loosened – Hearsay Is Admissible
...... however Colorado requires that some non-hearsay evidence be produced.

Understanding The Right to a Colorado Preliminary Hearing
Thank you so much for this!

He probably got the information about the chlorine purchase from JP, and he seems to be basing the mutilation theory on the tampering charge. So it's certainly not evidence but it's one possibility. Another possibility is that BM buried the body without mutilating it at all. Or disposed of it in a body of water.

I don't think it would have been necessary to dismember the body in such a secluded area, especially if the security cameras weren't working. He could have loaded the body into the truck, contained in a large cooler or toolbox, without anybody seeing anything.
Imo
CM did verify the chlorine purchase with the store it was purchased from while he was in Salida @ the time of BM’s arrest. He mentions it in his podcast. @33,10

JP said he was replacing the "plate". I don't know what part that is on a bobcat, but he never said he replaced the bucket or any attachments. He also never said BM washed the bobcat or anything like that. He isn't easy to understand, but he definitely said Barry was replacing the plate.
I have a gut feeling when JP was interviewed by CBI/FBI/ or other LE, he gave very succinct answers and cooperated in anyway he could. I see him as being totally cooperative witness with investigators. JP felt like he was getting setup as part of an alibi according to his statements with LS & Daily Mail and he even used the word alibi.
MOO

Devils advocates are always welcome and appreciated, keeps things interesting IMO.

BM did say Suzanne would think 'this' was all worth it if just one person got saved didn't he? I'm not sure what religion BM follows, but I'm inclined to think it's the one that suits him best.

I also believe that any informed adult, especially dealing with Cancer for a 2nd time, should have the right to choose what treatment might or might not be in their own best interest.

MOO
sure they can but if you have ever been married you know somethings one spouse or another has strong opinions that in a stalemate argument one or the other may either acquiesce or compromise or ignore depending on the dynamics of the relationship between the two. These two were married for a pretty long time. And yes sometimes a spouse will decide they can’t continue to live with the other even after decades but it doesn’t necessarily mean one spouse was the bad person and one was the good person the entire marriage. It also doesn’t stand that every separating couple ends up with one being murdered. This marriage is as complex as the next. We may never know the motive. But I think it also does a disservice to Suzanne to paint her as a passive person who acquiesced always to a big bad husband. If she was leaving him that takes great strength. If she was married to him this long I doubt she was always unhappy with her marriage or passive.

Sure being married a long time ensures compromises along the way. I've been married 44 years to a man that has had numerous surgeries and life threatening illnesses. I would never dictate what drugs or therapies he would be allowed to try or take. But then I love him and I'm not a complete and utter control freak that thinks my way or the highway. Barry irks me beyond belief. How dare he.

I think his counsel would be in violation of the Court's order if they shared it.

But Barry is a "party to the case" and can share whatever he likes with his family. IMO. And his attorneys might advise him of that, and might facilitate it.

Even if he can't give them the actual AA, he can certainly talk to them about what he has read. And what's weird is...wouldn't the daughters want to speak to him about it? Like, "Hey, dad, what is it that you want suppressed?"

I know I would. Most of us would. But as others have said, sometimes children are manipulated from birth to do the bidding of a parent and cannot or will not see their way clear to implicating a parent.

Judge never used that word, period. IMO. Not even close.

Hi, I commented that 'reading between the lines’ , the reason the AA is being kept sealed indicates to me that the details are 'gruesome'. For clarity I did not state the judge used the terminology 'gruseome;' Once unsealed The AA will give us a lot of clues on why the judge kept it sealed.

Last edited:
sure they can but if you have ever been married you know somethings one spouse or another has strong opinions that in a stalemate argument one or the other may either acquiesce or compromise or ignore depending on the dynamics of the relationship between the two. These two were married for a pretty long time. And yes sometimes a spouse will decide they can’t continue to live with the other even after decades but it doesn’t necessarily mean one spouse was the bad person and one was the good person the entire marriage. It also doesn’t stand that every separating couple ends up with one being murdered. This marriage is as complex as the next. We may never know the motive. But I think it also does a disservice to Suzanne to paint her as a passive person who acquiesced always to a big bad husband. If she was leaving him that takes great strength. If she was married to him this long I doubt she was always unhappy with her marriage or passive.
Hate to state the obvious, but if one person murdered the other person, then one person is the bad person.

Skid Steer Attachment Plates and Adapter Plates | Skid Steer Solutions

SKID STEER ATTACHMENT PLATES AND ADAPTER SYSTEMS
At Skid Steer Solutions, we stock a deep selection of Skid Steer Attachment Plates and Adapter Systems, making sure that no matter your machine and attachment combination, we have a solution that will bring the two together. We also offer heavy duty weight plates for added downforce, the amazing Bradco Tilt Tach, as well as a number of blank weld-on plates and replacement couplers.

Well, we were all partially right. It is a plate and it relates to attachments.

I would think most parents attempt to put up a united image for their children. Some may shield their children from bickering or arguments. Until we learn otherwise from a credible source we have no information that there was any DV in that family. The only information we have was the minimal information that Suzanne had something going on in her life that she was afraid about. Was that a trigger…possibly. But that on its own doesn’t tell us that there was a history of marital issues. That is speculation.
Just jumping off your post...

Is it right or wrong for parents to argue amongst themselves in front of their children?

When I was 16 years old, my mom filed for divorce and then told I and my 4 siblings that she did this. All 5 of us kids were very shocked and surprised to hear this, especially after asking "why" and our parents telling us because all they did was fight/argue all the time. This was unbeknownst to us kids because this didn't take place in our presence. So, as far as we knew, everything was fine, but in reality it wasn't. That is why the news of this divorce did not make sense to us and why we were utterly devastated, and so shocked to hear this.
The reason I share this story at times like this is because things may appear normal and everything just fine in a household, even with you being a part of the household, when in reality, things are the total opposite.

And in fact, it didn't take us kids long to come to the conclusion that we had wished our parents WOULD HAVE argued/fought in front of us because then the news of the divorce would not have been as hard for us to digest and try to make sense of.

So, in summary, there are times when family members living in the same household aren't privy to these things, let alone people on the outside looking in ...

There's also an attachment called a "plate compactor" geez, the things you learn here. moo

A plate compactor? Would that option be useful in packing down the sand before raking?

I know folks that have "sandy beaches" at their lake front homes. Didn't know it was possible to form a small sandy beach alongside a rapidly flowing river though. I recall adding the sand was Barry's idea and not requested by the homeowner.

A plate compactor? Would that option be useful in packing down the sand before raking?

I know folks that have "sandy beaches" at their lake front homes. Didn't know it was possible to form a small sandy beach alongside a rapidly flowing river though. I recall adding the sand was Barry's idea and not requested by the homeowner.
A plate compactor might also come in handy for compacting the dirt on top of a clandestine grave. MOO.

A plate compactor might also come in handy for compacting the dirt on top of a clandestine grave. MOO.

When this case is over, we can take the Lawyers Bar Exam, apply for a BobCat Operator's licence, plant trees in groups of three, leave vague notes written on a receipt at the market, stay at the Holiday Inn Express and much, much more.

Hi, I commented that 'reading between the lines’ , the reason the AA is being kept sealed indicates to me that the details are 'gruesome'. For clarity I did not state the judge used the terminology 'gruseome;' Once unsealed The AA will give us a lot of clues on why the judge kept it sealed.
I would read all 130 + pages. Not because I want to read all the unsavory details , because I want to know exactly what the process has been in the investigation and to connect all the dots we have in this case that seem conflicted. Second I would read it all, for Suzanne she deserves for people to know what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416