Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #61 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Occam's Razor. Probably with a large cooler involved.
Wouldn't that be the opposite of Occam's razor? The simplest would be he killed her and buried her on his own acreage rather than the more complex theory that he killed her, dismembered her and took her somewhere in a cooler in a vehicle. Not to say the more complex didn't occur...just questioning the complexity of the two theories together.

It was the same interview in which Andy said she wanted to try medical marijuana but BM was against it. There was a lot of discussion about it many threads ago. Andy went on to say that he didn't understand the stigma associated with depression, and that Suzanne was browbeaten almost every single day (by Barry) when she had depression. I'm assuming it was when she was diagnosed with cancer again when they still lived in Indiana, but I'm not sure if he gave a specific time period. Anyway, it's not uncommon to have depression when diagnosed with a serious medical condition. Imo
Where is it and who said she was "browbeaten" everyday over her depression? Where did it say she suffered from depression? I do recall the discussion about medical marijuana during her chemo treatments and that "someone" claimed she wanted to try it and Barry said no, but I don't recall who made that claim and if it was first hand or hearsay. Personally I'm at the time now, where keeping track of facts is more important to me as the case moves forward.
IIRC Andy mentioned SMs depression was also after her mother had died. I definitely remember AM addressing it, even suggesting BM ridiculed her for needing RX for her depression and objected to it. MOO

IIRC Andy mentioned SMs depression was also after her mother had died. I definitely remember AM addressing it, even suggesting BM ridiculed her for needing RX for her depression and objected to it. MOO
Yes, that was it, thank you! It was after her mother had died that she was depressed. How cruel of him to give her a hard time over that!

On the other hand, speaking vernacular familiar to construction workers and day laborers may be helpful in his trade. And I wouldn't label them as "dim" either. I come from a rural part of Texas and "dumbing down" one's language can be a sign of fitting in, not ignorance of proper usage. It can be manipulative to. As in, are you calling me, a "good ol' boy," a murderer? JMHO
Agree.
That he was doing when saying he sis a "mechanical thing" to his bobcat. MOO iss classic "you wouldn' know what I am talking about, and in any case don't want you to know what I am about, its my proprietary knowledge, so here is the dumb version."
"I did a mechanical thing."

Wouldn't that be the opposite of Occam's razor? The simplest would be he killed her and buried her on his own acreage rather than the more complex theory that he killed her, dismembered her and took her somewhere in a cooler in a vehicle. Not to say the more complex didn't occur...just questioning the complexity of the two theories together.
MOO, simplest is a dumpster on the way to Denver.

They (BM and his mom) were driving and stopped to speak to TD. BM's truck was blocking an entrance/exit and while BM and TD spoke his mom got out and moved the truck out of the way. She then parked it, got out and went back to the passenger side.

That makes sense, by that day they would have been highly aware of anyone sulking around shooting video.

BBM - I don't think we have any information that indicates that BM and SM created a fantasy image of their marriage for others. IMO they appeared very happy on social media. Could this have been a facade? Sure but we have no way of knowing. We cannot know what went on in that family and what the dynamics were for that family behind closed doors and what was hidden or not hidden. For sure for a husband to murder his wife something was off. But what kind of prelude existed to that murder and for how long - we don't know. Melinda has given some insight as have other family members. It seems it was a family where the husband made all the decisions and the wife fell into line along with the girls... until perhaps the dynamics changed and the wife wanted something different and/or the husband wanted something different. I really don't think that happens overnight. IMO There had to have been signs of marital conflict within that house. What was the timeline? As an aside, IMO to portray a fantasy image of marriage, to your children, effectively limits your child's knowledge of how successful relationships work.

We cannot know the internal dynamics and even a psychiatrist living in their actual house might have missed a lot, because people are on their good behavior around outsiders.

But, we have an apparently shared desire to be upwardly mobile.

Then, we have snippets of what others have said about Barry's controlling and cunning personality. Giving allowances for the fact that Suzanne is the victim, it still seems to me that everyone who knew her spoke of her kindness, gentleness and compassionate nature. That doesn't mean she was like that at home, of course, but it's all we have.

Barry and Suzanne decide to move far away from their original home, striking out on a new midlife adventure, having only traveled for resort vacations (apparently). Suzanne used to work, but it's not clear how she occupied herself right before the move, save that she was clearly a full time mother and wife. She had begun (on LinkedIn) to look at self-help books regarding mindfulness and how to manage life changes and stress. She was also listing herself as a "life coach." I think she felt they were improving their chances at a better marriage and less stressful life by moving (surely they attributed Barry's explosiveness at work to stress?)

But moving is very stressful, and leaving behind a support network is stressful. Barry had had a close relationship with the pastor/family at the church in Indiana (where he had apparently attended all his life). If Suzanne had ever had to reach out to a pastor, that pastor would have already known Barry since childhood, back home. In Salida, it must have felt very different and therefore, more stressful.

Then Suzanne's cancer came back. So the Morphews were very high on the stress calculation list (change in household size, moving cross country, financial difficulties, work difficulties, trouble with the law for Barry and cancer). If the stories about affairs are true (The Interview Room is the source for that), then yet another stressor, and perhaps the biggest one. We don't even know how much time they spent together once in Salida, as MG seems to indicate Barry worked 7 days a week and others have said he was "driven." It couldn't have been easy starting his business over again.

DV risk goes way up under circumstances like this (and so does the chance of the healthy partner having an affair - that's what the research shows, anyway, with the proviso that the research I know about is mostly from California, but we have similar data from other states). A couple of WSers have posted about situations they know of where this has occurred.

I'd have to check my sources again before saying more, but there's definitely more that indicates a web of highly emotionally charged transactions within the family in the year or two or three before Suzanne disappeared.

So looking at Google Earth all up and down County Road 105, I am not seeing a property improvement that would include a "beach" feature, as in beach sand and stone.

How often does the Arkansas river go into flood stage, or at least come over its banks enough to sweep away a sand "beach". Something really bugs me about this, just can't put my finger on it yet.

I did the same thing as you because you did it. I didn't see any improvements of any kind for the beach or the new house. I think I might have seen the garage where the concrete floor was dug up by LE, but I'm not sure. What I did see was the river had risen and was flooding somebody's yard.

I read here many, many months ago that as the snow melts, the river overflows its banks, and then during the Summer months it goes back to normal. That does make sense now.

Please excuse my poor grammar.

JMO

I had 10 pages to catch up on and see some discussion about BM’s Mother being with him when TD saw him “wet and distraught “. That was on a Saturday and TD did not speak to him. TD was walking around with his phone or GoPro on a selfie stick and walked right by BM’s empty parked truck not realizing it was his. Few minutes later BM drove by him and slowed down to look at TD. That is when TD saw Indiana plates and recognized BM as the driver.

The following day, Sunday was when TD went back and ran into BM and recorded their conversation and his Mom was there.

Just wanted to remind that TD saw BM on 2 different days.
I watched both videos as soon as the were posted on YouTube and remember this clearly. JMHO

This YouTube (Indy News) interview with Andy Moorman was approved one time by Webslueths.

At the 1:13 mark Andy talks about BM being anti drug and SM wanting to try marijuana while going through chemo. He also stated she had a breakdown in 2013 and BM "browbeat" her daily for taking or wanting to take an antidepressant. IMO

CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Thanks for posting I missed this link so will definitely watch it. I did not know that Andy and Barry and Suzanne were that close when they lived in Indiana unless he was talking about her first bout of cancer back in college and "athlete" Barry's reaction to drugs. I personally discounted some of what Andy said during the last year because I felt like he was being influenced by the You Tubers and psychics and alittle bit all over the place with his opinions.

I did the same thing as you because you did it. I didn't see any improvements of any kind for the beach or the new house. I think I might have seen the garage where the concrete floor was dug up by LE, but I'm not sure. What I did see was the river had risen and was flooding somebody's yard.

I read here many, many months ago that as the snow melts, the river overflows its banks, and then during the Summer months it goes back to normal. That does make sense now.

Please excuse my poor grammar.

JMO

Which is why "building a beach" along a creek or river where there's any kind of spring run-off means...the sand disappears. Repeatedly. So, regardless of whether it was once raked and smooth, unless a major amount of rock and boulders are used as a kind of jetty, there isn't going to be a little beach. However, where my relatives live, a small jetty has the effect of speeding up the water and shooting past the jetty and thereby increasing chances of erosion and flooding on the opposite bank/down river.

There are lawsuits and neighbor wars over jetties of this type.

This YouTube (Indy News) interview with Andy Moorman was approved one time by Webslueths.

At the 1:13 mark Andy talks about BM being anti drug and SM wanting to try marijuana while going through chemo. He also stated she had a breakdown in 2013 and BM "browbeat" her daily for taking or wanting to take an antidepressant. IMO
RSBM

And was it coincidental???? Andy shared that in Early Sept 2020. It was early Oct that Barry shared selected parts of cards and notes from Suzanne . Suzanne wrote..

"I remember the February nights, you held me in 2013 when I was so sick and couldn’t sleep. I remember all the beautiful and difficult times we had – so many –"

Which is why "building a beach" along a creek or river where there's any kind of spring run-off means...the sand disappears. Repeatedly. So, regardless of whether it was once raked and smooth, unless a major amount of rock and boulders are used as a kind of jetty, there isn't going to be a little beach. However, where my relatives live, a small jetty has the effect of speeding up the water and shooting past the jetty and thereby increasing chances of erosion and flooding on the opposite bank/down river.

There are lawsuits and neighbor wars over jetties of this type.

Oh my, I can imagine the neighbors' wars.

The 'beach site' was very small, but I wonder if the boulders that outlined it are still there.

And, I wonder how much the inmate was paid for it.

Just goes to show all of us, we shouldn't be building houses so close to the edge of the oceans, mainly. Too many of them end up in the water.

JMO

On the other hand, speaking vernacular familiar to construction workers and day laborers may be helpful in his trade. And I wouldn't label them as "dim" either. I come from a rural part of Texas and "dumbing down" one's language can be a sign of fitting in, not ignorance of proper usage. It can be manipulative to. As in, are you calling me, a "good ol' boy," a murderer? JMHO

I don't think that will play well in front of a CO jury, but we shall see. I say this because it creates such a disconnect between the public image (carefully crafted by Suzanne, IMO) and the "good ol' boy" thing. Of course, it could work with one juror or two, right?

I wonder what Barry will wear to trial, assuming the Court permits him to wear street clothes. Surely not a suit? That would clash with both the Western cowboy/T-shirt biceps guy image and the stylishly dressed Barry of Suzanne's twitter feed, both of which are more consistent with the improper use of English grammar. Will they try to present him as an urbane Purdue graduate? He just sits there while whatever it is he said to investigators is presented by whoever heard him say it.

I just keep getting really nervous about the contexts in which he said things and whether all the things he said will be admissible (self-incrimination is not okay at trial, but if he was warned that he was being videotaped or recorded at a police station, I think they can use it - I wish we had a criminal lawyer to weigh in).

Where is it and who said she was "browbeaten" everyday over her depression? Where did it say she suffered from depression? I do recall the discussion about medical marijuana during her chemo treatments and that "someone" claimed she wanted to try it and Barry said no, but I don't recall who made that claim and if it was first hand or hearsay. Personally I'm at the time now, where keeping track of facts is more important to me as the case moves forward.

I was part of that discussion. Suzanne wanted to try marijuana to get some relief from the cancer she had, and the inmate told her she couldn't. She was probably suffering from the effects of chemo. It's 100% legal in CO, so what was his problem? Oh yeah, she survived cancer, so he killed her.

I think it was Andy.

JMO

Still watching that long interview from last year, haven't gotten to the part yet where he discusses drugs and Suzanne and I can't figure out who this other than it's a law enforcement person but it doesn't matter. My vote is that the prosecutors Andy will not be a witness for the prosecution. He says stuff like "I kinda come to find out"..."I think" "I heard" and he said very little that was first hand so will be interesting.

Is BM smart? None of us really know if we are wondering about his IQ. He did graduate from Purdue but that was many years ago and he may have been on the “athlete” program with special classes and special teachers - I don’t really know. And yes IMO if you can make it thru high school, pretty much anyone can then graduate college. He seems to me to be more street smart than book smart. It takes skill to be a con man - you have to be quick to assess people and situations and capitalize on them.
So yes, I think he is smart in certain areas. Others maybe not so much. Not so unusual. IMO

ITA. He's a master manipulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member