Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck of a lot worse than getting a divorce and splitting the money, huh?
Dumb is as dumb does!
moo
I think I'm pretty smart, confident & charismatic but never once have I thought I could commit a murder and get away with it. Does it happen a lot? I mean enough to make these narcissists think they will outsmart the trained and experienced detectives, FBI, CBI, etc?

Should be pretty easy for some sleuther to find out if either of them have drug possession charges. I don't think they will play a major role in this trial other than potentially verifying a time line.
@GordianKnot was referring to BM calling his two infamous, female attorneys “meth heads” when they fail him miserably and he’s found guilty. BM likes to disparage everyone, if I’m remembering correctly. MOO

Last edited:
I think I'm pretty smart, confident & charismatic but never once have I thought I could commit a murder and get away with it. Does it happen a lot? I mean enough to make these narcissists think they will outsmart the trained and experienced detectives, FBI, CBI, etc?
These people just don’t think that way. Many of them don’t follow crime like we do, and don’t understand the scrutiny that will fall upon them.

This applies to even very smart people. It’s a combination of arrogance and ignorance I think.

I think BM is going to be left penniless, living in the clinker for life, daughters basically orphaned, and Suzanne dead all because he’s a monster! Way to go, genius! MOO
His attorneys will go through whatever $$ he has quickly.
Attorneys can make things drag out needlessly imo, all the while going thru one's money.
It's been pretty obvious of at least of the known assets of what Barry has so they know what they're dealing with.
With that being said, would SM's assets and joint assets, presumably half hers, become Barry's upon her death, which the DA is alleging?
Or do her assets stay in a separate account during trial?
Seems like a tricky situation here with the money imo.
Nonetheless I doubt the daughters are living off of their parents money at this time.
I hope and believe their loved ones are there for them during their very difficult times now and in the past.

They don't think the way we do. According to them, they are smarter, more sly, more cunning, better off the cuff, the most handsome/beautiful, the most charming, the best dressed (well, aside from BM), the brightest light in any room, a huge sense of entitlement, rules don't apply because they are special. People around them are props, shoring up their magnificence, only there to reinforce how wonderful they are.

I was married to one. It's exhausting.

They have no real emotional attachments, it's all facade to make them look good.

Of note: We are assuming BM falls on the narcissism scale. We do not know this for a fact.

ALL MOO

These people just don’t think that way. Many of them don’t follow crime like we do, and don’t understand the scrutiny that will fall upon them.

This applies to even very smart people. It’s a combination of arrogance and ignorance I think.
Very true, it's fascinating really.

My husband when he wants to know something questionable he asks me to google it because he says his phone is clean and mine is full of unusual searches because of cases like this. I love researching to learn about anything that I don't know. My internet search history would throw up so many red flags they wouldn't know where to start! But I imagine it would start with admitting me for observation :)

Attorneys can make things drag out needlessly imo, all the while going thru one's money.
It's been pretty obvious of at least of the known assets of what Barry has so they know what they're dealing with.
With that being said, would SM's assets and joint assets, presumably half hers, become Barry's upon her death, which the DA is alleging?
Nonetheless I doubt the daughters are living off of their parents money at this time.
I hope and believe their loved ones are there for them during their very difficult times now and in the past.

I think that several WSers researched this and IIRC the upshot was "that ship has sailed." Barry was granted control over all of Suzanne's assets in Indiana, and that transferred to CO, so he could sell and pocket their assets. The only person with standing to challenge this did not do so. There are two people with standing to file a civil suit against Barry which would need to happen sooner rather than later if they want a court to freeze his assets (but I bet they're already in the lawyers' account, and IIRC, no matter what civil judgment comes later, the lawyers get their fees first in CO).

IMO. So control over the assets was already Barry's, but if he is convicted...and he hasn't spent all his money on his defense and appeals...I suppose a court could order half to the children...

You can count on these attorneys to spend a lot of money, IMO. The judge is actually trying to keep costs down (by not demanding that the defense actually redact the A.A. right now - it'll go faster after the Prelim).

BBM

Very good point. This person is not important to them why are they so important to anyone else? Patrick Frazee comes to mind. He had no idea that disappearing his fiancee would attract the attention it did. He didn't care, why should anyone else?

Agree.
"People go missing all the time."
They do, but is isnt all the time, and each missing person, especially low risk missing get the attention of the police and now the internet true crime folks get busy to keep investigations going.

Also these type of people have no idea that almost everyone around them knows they lie and cheat and they arent getting away with as much as they think they are.
They are just too tiresome for most people to call out.

"Let's see lose 100 dollars or have to endure a lie filled tantrum?"

Most will just get a new landscaper, give in to vacation plans, moving etc.

MOO someone finally said THIS is worth it to me, I will endure your tantrums and then it turned violent.

I wonder how many people, deep in their hearts, really believe that BM is NOT responsible for the disappearance of SM.
His mom, his two sisters, his two daughters, mom's friends from church????
How devastated will they be when the indisputable evidence of his guilt is made public?
So, so much pain has been generated by one selfish man, IMO.

Justice is on the way, Suzanne. RIP.

I think that several WSers researched this and IIRC the upshot was "that ship has sailed." Barry was granted control over all of Suzanne's assets in Indiana, and that transferred to CO, so he could sell and pocket their assets. The only person with standing to challenge this did not do so. There are two people with standing to file a civil suit against Barry which would need to happen sooner rather than later if they want a court to freeze his assets (but I bet they're already in the lawyers' account, and IIRC, no matter what civil judgment comes later, the lawyers get their fees first in CO).

IMO. So control over the assets was already Barry's, but if he is convicted...and he hasn't spent all his money on his defense and appeals...I suppose a court could order half to the children...

You can count on these attorneys to spend a lot of money, IMO. The judge is actually trying to keep costs down (by not demanding that the defense actually redact the A.A. right now - it'll go faster after the Prelim).
I wonder if it would have been prudent for the individuals to challenge Barry’s rights to all of Suzanne’s assets, even if they supported Barry. Would the optics have been too much, or could it have been a financial decision? Would his attorneys have taken the case if he had half of what he currently has in assets? This is another high profile case that could be a feather in their cap. Could he have spent significantly less and provided for the girls? Strange estate planning…

I wonder if it would have been prudent for the individuals to challenge Barry’s rights to all of Suzanne’s assets, even if they supported Barry. Would the optics have been too much, or could it have been a financial decision? Would his attorneys have taken the case if he had half of what he currently has in assets? This is another high profile case that could be a feather in their cap. Could he have spent significantly less and provided for the girls? Strange estate planning…

Agree, he was only planning for the state of Barry.

I've wondered from the start if BM gathered all his oats, went to Mexico and stashed some money.
I also wonder if he is somehow able to bail out, he has a plan to leave the country.
It seems like he's always scheming.
moo

I wonder how many people, deep in their hearts, really believe that BM is NOT responsible for the disappearance of SM.
His mom, his two sisters, his two daughters, mom's friends from church????
How devastated will they be when the indisputable evidence of his guilt is made public?
So, so much pain has been generated by one selfish man, IMO.

Justice is on the way, Suzanne. RIP.

It's heartbreaking. A huge trail of destruction, rippling for generations to come.

As we've all said through so many of these cases: JUST GET A DIVORCE.

ETA: Leaving someone like this, it's hard. You mind has been twisted.

I've wondered from the start if BM gathered all his oats, went to Mexico and stashed some money.
I also wonder if he is somehow able to bail out, he has a plan to leave the country.
It seems like he's always scheming.
moo
I've often wondered if his most recent vacation in Mexico included real estate agents and bankers.

If they did not have a will, generally in probate it would pass from one spouse to the next and then to the kids at the death of the second spouse excluding any insurance policies that named specific beneficiaries....but I am sure that like in any probate case if there are extenuating circumstances a different decision could be made. And we don't even know once, if, legally declared deceased, there was a will and trust that would create a situation where probate was not necessary or perfunctory at best. We have no knowledge if they kept their assets separately - if I had to guess I would say no. So many people make that claim (writing about Suzanne's assets as her own) I find it interesting as I know very few if any couples that keep assets completely separate especially in a marriage of length without one spouse who has a trust. The oldest just graduated from college...some kids use that to "separate" financially from parents and others live in their parents house as they did when they were kids and others financially separate in some ways, perhaps covering their rent with parents covering health insurance etc. The younger one will most likely continue to need support for awhile...college is not cheap these days. There's just so much we don't know. I have no doubt there are people, possibly family members, that are helping the kids through this.

They don't think the way we do. According to them, they are smarter, more sly, more cunning, better off the cuff, the most handsome/beautiful, the most charming, the best dressed (well, aside from BM), the brightest light in any room, a huge sense of entitlement, rules don't apply because they are special. People around them are props, shoring up their magnificence, only there to reinforce how wonderful they are.

I was married to one. It's exhausting.

They have no real emotional attachments, it's all facade to make them look good.

Of note: We are assuming BM falls on the narcissism scale. We do not know this for a fact.

ALL MOO

What we do know, per The Interview Room, which I believe is allowed here, is that Barry showed some signs of antisocial personality as a kid (the raccoon thing plus all the other animal killing). If he is also narcissistic (the most common personality disorder in the US right now), then not making it as a pro baseball player was probably a big blow to his narcissism, pushing him more toward the antisocial side (ignoring society's rules helps narcissists feel better, but there are some overlapping traits between the two disorders, such as lack of empathy and inability to truly bond to others).

Such people can harm others merely do to a narcissistic injury (such as their spouse wanting to leave - or even just wanting to spend time away from them).

The people in their lives are props, they're there to make the Narc look even better.

Slightly O/T, but encouraging:

Great to see that in another CO case, the jury has just handed down a guilty verdict against Mark Redwine for the murder of his son, Dylan.

Based on what we've seen from other Colorado juries here lately, I'm optimistic that Lady Justice will carry the day in this trial, too.

JMO.

Slightly O/T, but encouraging:

Great to see that in another CO case, the jury has just handed down a guilty verdict against Mark Redwine for the murder of his son, Dylan.

Based on what we've seen from other Colorado juries here lately, I'm optimistic that Lady Justice will carry the day in this trial, too.

JMO.
Wonderful news. Finally!

The day is coming for justice for Suzanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine