Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is anything that tells us they were “cash only” people but even if they were that doesn’t necessarily support the high debt speculation that is floating around. Even if they had a big unknown debt looming they could have easily tapped home equity.

Providing they had the required income and debt ratio to qualify for a home equity loan. Would BM risk defrauding the government for $50k if he could readily access the equity in their home?

IMO

His attorneys probably wanted to pull their hair out when they read transcripts of his conversations with law enforcement.

Both Frazee and Letecia did an incredible amount of damage in a fraction of the time.

Barry is effectively going to be testifying against himself.
I would love to read those transcripts. Leticia Stauch was/is a mess. So over the top. If we weren’t talking about people’s lives being taken, watching their trials would be hilarious. Frazee was caught in his own trap with his honey pot, and especially at the end with his “hit list on paper towels”. Barry is just dumb. So in love with himself, he believed no one would doubt him.

Just jumping off your post - it reminded me of something I have been wondering about. The river that runs thru Morphew back yard, ? Arkansas River. Where it runs thru there, is it a very big river? Is the current swift? Swift enough to take a body downstream or body parts downstream? That may have been the perfect opportunity for BM. Kill her, then dispose of her in the river and easily clean/rinse off any items he used in the process, plus possibly cleaning things later as well with the chlorine?

This is just something I had been thinking about so thought I would see what others thought the likelihood of this scenario may be?

JMO

It was running at medium flow on the weekend Suzanne disappeared. It's not super swift, but it also runs into a dam not far from the Morphew house. That stretch of water was searched, including the reservoir (it isn't super big). The rafting part of the Arkansas River is on the far end of Salida, IIRC.

There are other bodies of water, further away, that could have worked for this purpose, but not the South Arkansas near their house.

Whoa, spoken like a true sleuth! Never thought of such on any case as to being significant. If they have his phone......... perhaps. That is definitely an FBI type of thang MOO

ETA: Good to know below then
Alarms set on the cellphones were also brought up as evidence in the arrest affidavits in the Jennifer Dulos case, for two of the alleged conspirators - Fotis Dulos and his live-in girlfriend, Michelle Troconis - on the morning Fotis's wife, Jennifer disappeared, never to be seen again.

Last edited:
At one point LE wanted to speak to anyone who had communicated with Suzanne through a certain App. Was it Voxer? I'm not sure of the name, but would Barry still be able to read her messages if she was using this app?

Either way, if he tried to get into her phone and discovered she had hidden conversations he couldn't access, that alone might have enraged him.
Voxer was one of the apps they mentioned in their press release on the 6th month anniversary of SM missing - November 10, 2020.

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff
In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation. Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble. To those who may be fearful to come forward, they can reach out anonymously. Once investigators know your concerns, they can address them.

Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line, regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.

They also started the press release with this which I think was sending a clear message (JMO) to BM :

Today marks the 6-month anniversary of the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.

Suzanne Morphew, a loving mother, devoted friend and wife, was last seen by her husband, Barry Morphew, on May 10, 2020.

I would love to read those transcripts. Leticia Stauch was/is a mess. So over the top. If we weren’t talking about people’s lives being taken, watching their trials would be hilarious. Frazee was caught in his own trap with his honey pot, and especially at the end with his “hit list on paper towels”. Barry is just dumb. So in love with himself, he believed no one would doubt him.
That makes me think.
MOO
Letecia Stauch only was questioned once.
She had to be taken to the hoapital where she skipped out on any further questioning, and/or a stress test etc.

BM according to himself met police many times, and this may account for the lengthy AA.
As transcripts or detailed summaries from those interviews maybe in the AA, as was the one interview with LS.
Those interviews and their subsequent checking for fact may have a huge range of personal information about others as BM reached out to try and avoid drowning in his constructs.

Last edited:
I believe she heard a noise that sounded like machinery was being used, I'm not just sure that's what it was, which night it was, or that is has anything to do with the crime.
I think it's significant, even if no evidence was found. Mary Branson, the neighbor next to the worksite who is hard of hearing, heard a loud noise in 'the middle of the night' on Saturday, May 9th, which lasted for a half hour before she went to the door (I'll presume after turning on a light, as one does out of habit when entering a room) and then the noise suddenly stopped. We can also presume that 'whomever' wasn't just moving a truck or machinery as that wouldn't take a half hour. Even if her timing is off (I doubt it was only 5 minutes and 'the middle of the night' could be 11pm due to her age), something was definitely going on.

I think it's significant, even if no evidence was found. Mary Branson, the neighbor next to the worksite who is hard of hearing, heard a loud noise in 'the middle of the night' on Saturday, May 9th, which lasted for a half hour before she went to the door (I'll presume after turning on a light, as one does out of habit when entering a room) and then the noise suddenly stopped. We can also presume that 'whomever' wasn't just moving a truck or machinery as that wouldn't take a half hour. Even if her timing is off (I doubt it was only 5 minutes and 'the middle of the night' could be 11pm due to her age), something was definitely going on.
Agree. 30 minutes is a lot of doing something.
Even loading machinery on a trailer should not take that long.

Last edited:
I do think Saturday’s daytime timeline is significant. MG stated a time (to Lauren), that Barry left the beach jobsite to go home and “make the wife happy”. JP also told Lauren what time he saw Barry working on his bobcat at DSI. Barry told Lauren that he made a mistake on the timing of the “mechanical thing” regarding when speaking with LE. So when Barry had to recap his movements during one or more of the 3-30 interviews, it seemed that he lied. How far off was he, and was it phone data, witnesses, cameras, all of the above that tripped him up? How many times did he repeat the lie, and how boxed in is he to the false timeline?

Last edited:

What's interesting to me is that many just automatically assume it was BM there on that jobsite late at night but the thing is, BM wasn't the only person working there with heavy machinery:

"Branson said that she later visited the construction site and asked workers there if they had left keys with the equipment when they left the job site. Workers reportedly said they did sometimes leave equipment keys at the site, but always in a well-hidden location." Colorado woman woken from sleep by loud noises, sounds of ‘running’ at construction site that was focus of Suzanne Morphew search — the night before she went missing: Report

While it certainly could have been BM, it could have been any one of the other people there that had access to the machines. There could also be a reasonable explaination for the sound, or we may never hear about it again if it turns out it's completely unrelated to the case.

jmo

I definitely think it’s significant, and I do not for a second believe that law enforcement excavated that location just based on the sounds the neighbor heard.

I’m convinced they can actually put Barry there.

What's interesting to me is that many just automatically assume it was BM there on that jobsite late at night but the thing is, BM wasn't the only person working there with heavy machinery:

"Branson said that she later visited the construction site and asked workers there if they had left keys with the equipment when they left the job site. Workers reportedly said they did sometimes leave equipment keys at the site, but always in a well-hidden location." Colorado woman woken from sleep by loud noises, sounds of ‘running’ at construction site that was focus of Suzanne Morphew search — the night before she went missing: Report

While it certainly could have been BM, it could have been any one of the other people there that had access to the machines. There could also be a reasonable explaination for the sound, or we may never hear about it again if it turns out it's completely unrelated to the case.

jmo
And yet, a three day search ensued. No one was working at that site in the dead of night. If any other company's machinery or trucks were there, I'm sure they were questioned.
That leaves BM.

Yes, if it was in fact Barry who was there, it could be compelling evidence. When we read the AA I'm sure we will know a lot more about the bobcat and the beach site and if there's any connection. Hopefully all the time LE spent searching there provided them with some clues.

Yes, if it was in fact Barry who was there, it could be compelling evidence. When we read the AA I'm sure we will know a lot more about the bobcat and the beach site and if there's any connection. Hopefully all the time LE spent searching there provided them with some clues.

I don’t think they actually found anything there, but him being there is going to be very important. I think he went there to retrieve something, and then proceeded to lie about it.

In her long video, Lauren Scharf confirmed it was Friday night when the woman was awakened.

If she walked over the next mornong, to ask WORKERS. Well, we know of TWO WORKERS.

She may have asked BM and MG!

Curiously, the lady was told that construction crews just leave keys around. Sure they do.

My question: from a house away, how loud is a deisel truck?

Maybe someone needed some headlights to do whatever he may have been doing.....

JMO

I think it's this video:

I still feel SMs body is somewhere in the vicinity of the Salida area - somewhere BM knows well, that only he knew about. To dispose of anything along the way to Broomfield would have required some haste, or a location planned well in advance. The body would have been found already. MOO.

I don’t think they actually found anything there, but him being there is going to be very important. I think he went there to retrieve something, and then proceeded to lie about it.
I wondered if he went to pick up the bobcat in order to use that night or the next day, or at least told police he needed it for the wall job.

It's hard to say because he reportedly dragged the thing around all over town. I assume he took it to Broomfield, but I haven't heard anything about him having it when he got to the bike scene. Maybe he didn't take it with him. He wouldn't necessarily have needed it to get rid of the body.

In her long video, Lauren Scharf confirmed it was Friday night when the woman was awakened.

If she walked over the next mornong, to ask WORKERS. Well, we know of TWO WORKERS.

She may have asked BM and MG!

Curiously, the lady was told that construction crews just leave keys around. Sure they do.

My question: from a house away, how loud is a deisel truck?

Maybe someone needed some headlights to do whatever he may have been doing.....

JMO

I think it's this video:

I was wondering about a diesel truck, too. One night I was kept awake by a rumbling sound and it turned out to be a big truck parked up the road. It was loud enough that I couldn't get back to sleep until he was gone.

Oh I agree, but it’s the damn conversation supposedly continuing into the early afternoon on Saturday that’s throwing this whole thing.

His behavior at the job site makes the most sense to me if Suzanne is already dead at that point.

They’ve got the murder happening between Saturday and Sunday though, and I think they’d likely include Friday if there was any chance she could have been killed that early.

This just doesn’t fit cleanly yet.
I have always thought he killed her Saturday am.....Acting weird on the job site...staying only 2 hours...I think she was dead at home already....He had to make an excuse to get home....then he didn't go home, or at least wasn't home very long on Saturday after working 2 hours....He was in town and not hiking or biking...and no one saw SM. I think she was already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine